Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:46:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vault of Satoshi asks What Coins Do You Want to See?  (Read 31508 times)
AdamSC1 (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:21:19 PM

Vertcoin

Hey Kenshin,

Thought I'd just let you know that Vertcoin is already on the list for coins we will be adding next update!

Cheers,
Adam
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HooDude

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:37:20 PM

Darkcoin!

Why? It's one of the only cryptocurrencies that is actively producing a new feature-set that matters to consumers: privacy. Where other coins are advertising features of interest to miners, features of interest to certain interest groups, or no new features at all--Darkcoin is bringing features to the forefront that matter to everyone. There are features for miners (DGW, X11 algorithm), there are features for investors (active development team), and most importantly there are features for the average joe who wants to use a cryptocurrency to buy things (stable price, transaction privacy).

So to sum it up (and by all means this is not a comprehensive list, just what I can think of off the hip)

-Has an active team of developers who are working very hard, consistently implementing features and updates: Darksend and Dark Gravity Well were recently implemented, although Darksend is still in beta testing.
-Has its own unique transaction system called Darksend (in beta) allowing for completely anonymous transactions.
-Has its own unique difficulty balancing system, just recently developed and implemented, called Dark Gravity Well (DGW) which is superior to Kimoto Gravity Well (KGW).
-Has a solid history of a stable price--is not being pumped and dumped. This makes it more reliable for consumers to use as a currency.
-Uses a unique set of 11 different algorithms (called X11)
-Runs much cooler and much more power efficiently than other hashing algorithms (especially scrypt)
-Very ASIC resistant
-CPU mining is still profitable thanks to the X11 algorithm

-Has a future! When the Darksend system is complete and the internet discovers there is a secure and anonymous way to transfer funds, Darkcoin will explode in popularity. This was what made Bitcoin explode, though it soon became apparent that Bitcoin was nowhere near as anonymous as people first thought. Darkcoin promises to fill that niche, that need for anonymity that the internet economy craves.

Do the right thing, add Darkcoin, it is here to stay.
sarlangg

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:40:48 PM

Credits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=496685.0
Potcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426324.0
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:17:26 PM

NXT !!!

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
bobmarkinson

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:05:26 PM

One more vote for Digitalcoin!
Zhoa8

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:19:53 PM

10-5

They have the best developers
QQ

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:35:45 PM

+1
Hash72

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:04:48 PM

C2 is a good one to add...

schizo

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:14:24 PM

I vote for Noblecoin, since I like the professional approach from the dev.
There where many opportunities where he proofed that he stands behind this coin and builds a solid base, instead of focusing on a pump with nothing but a hype.
For example there is a marketplace trading several gift cards and the possibility to buy precious metals with the coin in the near future. This requires facing tax regulations for ongoing existence.
He is backed by a community which prefers objective discussions to pure speculation. Hype comments are searched vainly.

Therefore I'd like to point out that this coin is highly undervalued at the moment and you should take a second glance despite it's current price.
AdamSC1 (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:37:45 PM

C2 is a good one to add...

Sorry not familiar with what C2 stands for - could you provide more details?
POPPP

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:05:54 PM

NXT !!!
Aureliusy

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:31:12 PM

Have to be something like  Digitalcoin. 
Uponnothing

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:34:10 PM

I'm a supporter of Noblecoin. It has an outstanding dev who is thinking and acting long term and has supported the community from day one. It is transparent and has noble intentions to be a positive force in the world - engaging with charities from day one.

It has solid support and decent volume and has good potential to be a coin that can make a difference because the community are really behind the idea that crypto can be a force for good - which after the corruption of FIAT financial institutions is surely what crypto has to be (and is, at the moment given all of the scams and hacks, currently failing to be).
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:48:16 PM

please nxt
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:46:19 PM

Coin2 (C2) please

http://coin2-project.org/

What is Coin2 ?

Coin2 is a peer-to-peer virtual currency,a.k.a. cryptocurrency.  It is sent from your wallet, over a secure network, to other users all over the world in a matter of seconds.

What is a P2P or cryptocurrency?

Crypto-currency is a type of digital currency that is based on cryptography. Crypto-currency uses cryptography for security, making it difficult to counterfeit. Public and private keys are often used to transfer the currency from one person to another.

How do I get it ?

First, you need a wallet.  Then you can either buy them on an exchange or buy them in person.

Why is this free? –>a.k.a legal mumbo jumbo.

Coin2 is a free software project released under the MIT/X11 license which gives you the power to run, modify, and copy the software and to distribute, at your option, modified copies of the software. The software is released in a transparent process that allows for independent verification of binaries and their corresponding source code. Coin2 is not replaceable, once its gone its gone.  There is no way to process chargebacks, so dont ask.

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
raze182

Activity: 163

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:49:50 PM

Darkcoin!

Why? It's one of the only cryptocurrencies that is actively producing a new feature-set that matters to consumers: privacy. Where other coins are advertising features of interest to miners, features of interest to certain interest groups, or no new features at all--Darkcoin is bringing features to the forefront that matter to everyone. There are features for miners (DGW, X11 algorithm), there are features for investors (active development team), and most importantly there are features for the average joe who wants to use a cryptocurrency to buy things (stable price, transaction privacy).

So to sum it up (and by all means this is not a comprehensive list, just what I can think of off the hip)

-Has an active team of developers who are working very hard, consistently implementing features and updates: Darksend and Dark Gravity Well were recently implemented, although Darksend is still in beta testing.
-Has its own unique transaction system called Darksend (in beta) allowing for completely anonymous transactions.
-Has its own unique difficulty balancing system, just recently developed and implemented, called Dark Gravity Well (DGW) which is superior to Kimoto Gravity Well (KGW).
-Has a solid history of a stable price--is not being pumped and dumped. This makes it more reliable for consumers to use as a currency.
-Uses a unique set of 11 different algorithms (called X11)
-Runs much cooler and much more power efficiently than other hashing algorithms (especially scrypt)
-Very ASIC resistant
-CPU mining is still profitable thanks to the X11 algorithm

-Has a future! When the Darksend system is complete and the internet discovers there is a secure and anonymous way to transfer funds, Darkcoin will explode in popularity. This was what made Bitcoin explode, though it soon became apparent that Bitcoin was nowhere near as anonymous as people first thought. Darkcoin promises to fill that niche, that need for anonymity that the internet economy craves.

Do the right thing, add Darkcoin, it is here to stay.

+1

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:58:56 PM

Hi there,

I'm throwing my vote in for Noblecoin. Admittedly, I could have used my vote for one of the several other coins that I currently have some vested stake in, but frankly, Noblecoin continues to impress me. The dev Rofo is one of the most professional people I have encountered and is very transparent regarding many topics including the pre-mine that is attached to this coin. Noblecoin has done a very solid job addressing that particular topic with its public ledger and has done very well focusing on its particular mission plan and roadmap.

Despite the size of the community compared to other communities, it successfully completed an ambitious charity endeavor by donating over $5,000 to the Water Project within the first two months of being created. In fact, Rofo and his team was key in coordinating with the Water Project to enable the use of crypto-currencies for their charity. I commend him for doing that and much more.

Additionally, this coin, despite the adversity it has faced and the currently cloudy scene of the alt-community, has continued developing infrastructure for itself with the establishment of the Noblecoin Marketplace and has a clear road map for its future (including partnering to sell precious metals in the marketplace). Rofo has also taken on the task of unifying with new regulation in Australia regarding the taxation of cryptocurrency. There is no doubt in my mind that he will continue to pull through for the community and continue to go beyond the call to make Noblecoin fulfill its mission.

This is why I feel that Noblecoin is worthy of consideration on Vault of Satoshi. Thank you for reading my response and I hope you consider Noblecoin as a candidate.

Best Regards,
hellscabane
cdg1941

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:09:25 AM

i know that i put up my vote for NobleCoin up on the first page, but i thought that it would be helpful to know that the gold and silver stock will be supplied by http://www.amagimetals.com/

and for additional clarification of the develpoment

Amagi Metals have given us permission to use their stock and send orders their way (http://www.amagimetals.com/). This is no way implies any sort of official partnership or the marketplace representing them, but they are one of a few BTC/Crypto/Bullion friendly suppliers that we are talking to to make sure we have a number of suppliers and good stock in different regions who can from a legal/regulatory standpoint and will take orders from us also. They also currently accept BTC/LTC/DOGE direct on their site so longer-term we are hoping to get NOBL in there at some point too (no promises). Smiley

In terms of amount sold, it will only be smaller purchases initially at a time (think 1-10oz silver - or up to a BTC per order if volume permits) to test the waters and make sure we're completely covered in terms of fees/legalities/licensing/reporting. Obviously no details of clients need to be shared as we aren't doing the huge orders that legally demand an official report. Many of us have bought and sold on eBay for years so we understand the game/legal requirements but with crypto involved we want to be completely sure.

this truly is a growing currency both in viability and in infrastructure.

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:16:23 AM

As an early adopter of Bitcoin, I have been enjoying the innovation some altcoins provide.  Other coins may not offer a lot of innovation, but have a strong community behind them which it itself is exciting to see.  It must be difficult for exchanges to determine which altcoins to support.

I speculate with many Cryptocurrencies, but I am holding three long term:

1.  Bitcoin - tried and true
2.  Dogecoin - the community behind it inspires me.
3.  Darkcoin - quite possibly the altcoin with the most innovation.  The developer is fantastic and has integrated an exceptional level of anonymity.  You wouldn't want me to be able to read your credit card statement yet with every single cryptocurrency out there, that's exactly what people can do.  Darkcoin solves that.

As such, I respectfully request that you add Darkcoin.

Thank you for your consideration.
elite74

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:30:30 AM

Definetly Darkcoin it has a community and looking into making the transaction anonymous and anonymity is the reason we started using Bitcoin in the first place
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: