Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:19:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:49:07 AM

Anyone want to buy a Hab board that doesn't talk via USB?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:25:34 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 05:09:32 PM by SVK

I have a small problem to run 3 habaneros on windows 7.

So far I had no issues to run 2 boards on win7. I have recently purchased used board and this one gives me some weird problems.As soon as I connect 3rd one Overheat tripped message appears and I can't mine with that board.

If I disconnect my 2 original boards and start new one all is good with that board.

Then I connect my two older ones and they both will give me Thermal overheat error. (which is nonsense because they run fine if new board is not connected.

My original 2 boards have their own cooling and new one has Corsair H100i.

Any suggestions are welcome Smiley

Thank you very much

Update

Now I'm down to one board only Sad

New board is giving me Overheat tripped(there are some USB lib errors with that) and one of my old ones same issue Sad

I'm clueless as to what is going on.  
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:18:15 PM

So far I had no issues to run 2 boards on win7. I have recently purchased used board and this one gives me some weird problems.As soon as I connect 3rd one Overheat tripped message appears and I can't mine with that board.

If I disconnect my 2 original boards and start new one all is good with that board.

Then I connect my two older ones and they both will give me Thermal overheat error. (which is nonsense because they run fine if new board is not connected.

Thank you very much

Update

New board is giving me Overheat tripped(there are some USB lib errors with that) and one of my old ones same issue Sad

But all the boards work fine if running individually? That's very odd.
What happens if you run them on the same computer but one board per cgminer instance by using --usb HFA:1 in your command line and running three cgminer instances?
SVK

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:24:11 PM

Thank you very much

Update

What happens if you run them on the same computer but one board per cgminer instance by using --usb HFA:1 in your command line and running three cgminer instances?

Mr teal,

thanks for coming in Thank you Smiley

That is how I'm running them.

3 instances of cgminer one per board.

cgminer.exe --usb HFA:1 --hfa-name HFA:1 -o  -u  -p  -o

-u  -p  --hfa-fan 100 --hfa-temp-target 0 --hfa-temp-overheat 104 --hfa-fail-drop 0 --hfa-hash-clock 700 --api-port 4028

I have uninstalled WINusb driver and reinstalled it with same result. Only one board will mine Sad

Update

If I run one instance for all boards 2 old boards are mining but new one is ZOMBIE. Now I can't run new board at all.

MrTeal I have Team viewer - if you have time I would be glad if you can look at it for couple of minutes Smiley
SVK

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:35:18 PM

All 3 boards from same cgminer instance

If run individually

MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:40:16 PM

Thank you very much

Update

Mr teal,

cgminer.exe --usb HFA:1 --hfa-name HFA:1 -o  -u  -p  -o

-u  -p  --hfa-fan 100 --hfa-temp-target 0 --hfa-temp-overheat 104 --hfa-fail-drop 0 --hfa-hash-clock 700 --api-port 4028

I have uninstalled WINusb driver and reinstalled it with same result. Only one board will mine Sad
Do you have another Win7 system you can toss them on temporarily to see if they'll mine together on a fresh install?
SVK

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:46:11 PM

Thank you very much

Update

Mr teal,

cgminer.exe --usb HFA:1 --hfa-name HFA:1 -o  -u  -p  -o

-u  -p  --hfa-fan 100 --hfa-temp-target 0 --hfa-temp-overheat 104 --hfa-fail-drop 0 --hfa-hash-clock 700 --api-port 4028

Do you have another Win7 system you can toss them on temporarily to see if they'll mine together on a fresh install?

I have one spare Win7 pc but that would be available tomorrow.
If I'm installing ZADIG driver - there some other options WINUSB, libusbK and libusb-win32. Which one should I use ?

I have used WINUSB when I first got Habaneros but new board was run on LINUX before I got it. Does it make any difference ?

Thank you for your help
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:15:56 PM

May or may not help.  I run 4 boards on one PC.  I can never just plug them all in and start it up.  If I do I get one to 3 of them as Zombies.
I have to start CGminer with one board.  One board always seems to start fine. 
Then plug in a second board's USB but keep the PSU off.  Just with USB power.  Wait for the PC and CGminer to recognize the board, then turn on the PSU.  CGminer says something like "Hot Start", hiccups for a few seconds and then it goes and starts hashing.
I do this for each board.  Mine has been running for three weeks now.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:26:02 PM

May or may not help.  I run 4 boards on one PC.  I can never just plug them all in and start it up.  If I do I get one to 3 of them as Zombies.
Then plug in a second board's USB but keep the PSU off.  Just with USB power.  Wait for the PC and CGminer to recognize the board, then turn on the PSU.  CGminer says something like "Hot Start", hiccups for a few seconds and then it goes and starts hashing.
Do you get the same thing if you power up all the boards without plugging them in, and then start cgminer? These boards do power the control section of the board from the USB bus if the 12V isn't available, so it could be that too many boards could be pulling enough power to cause issues if they're all fed from a single plug. I've never tested the actual draw on the USB Vbus if running a bunch of them from an unpowered hub if there's no 12V, but it could be causing an issue. I'll look into that and get back to you.
SVK

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:36:21 PM

I will try anything Smiley

I have done ritual dance and even priest is coming tomorrow. One never knows these days lol.

Many thanks for your help.

I have managed to get 2 boards working again. I have disabled new board and now both old boards are hashing away. So it has to be 3 and more boards are causing issues.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:58:57 PM

Do you get the same thing if you power up all the boards without plugging them in, and then start cgminer? These boards do power the control section of the board from the USB bus if the 12V isn't available, so it could be that too many boards could be pulling enough power to cause issues if they're all fed from a single plug. I've never tested the actual draw on the USB Vbus if running a bunch of them from an unpowered hub if there's no 12V, but it could be causing an issue. I'll look into that and get back to you.
Well, that was a little unexpected. The board draws 300mA from the 5V USB bus if there is no 12V power present, so that could be a cause for why you may have issues with multiple boards, especially if using an unpowered hub.
FWIW, I've never seen any issue like that with zombies at startup, but I generally always keep the 12V power on and so all the control is fed off that instead of off the USB plug.
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:53:12 PM

Not sure what you mean.  If you mean plugging in all the boards on USB only power, yes they will all show on cgminer and Zombie.  But they will come out of zombie if you start the PSU's quickly.  If I power on all boards and PSU's at once 1-3 will Zombie and NOT come out of it.  That's why I have to do it in the specific order.
SVK

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:10:24 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 01:24:41 PM by SVK

All 3 boards are now hashing Smiley

Thank you for your help Swimmer69 Smiley

Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:59:08 PM

Excellent!
SVK

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:26:15 PM

Excellent!

Swimmer,

I have one question for you Smiley

I'm running 3 cgminer instances for 3 boards due to different temps. I'm trying to see all 3 boards through peppermining app but it doesn't work for me Sad
If I run all boards through 1 cgminer instance I can see all 3 boards in pepper app.

I have tried:
board #1  --api-port 4028 
board #2 --api-port 4029
board #3 --api-port 4030

This will show only board #1 in pepper app

I have tried:
--api-listen --api-network --api-port 4028
--api-listen --api-network --api-port 4029
--api-listen --api-network --api-port 4030

This will show only board #1 in pepper app.

I have tried:

--api-listen --api-network

This will show only board which was started as first one.

Any help greatly appreciated Smiley
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:51:46 PM

Excellent!

Swimmer,

I'm running 3 cgminer instances for 3 boards due to different temps. I'm trying to see all 3 boards through peppermining app but it doesn't work for me Sad
If I run all boards through 1 cgminer instance I can see all 3 boards in pepper app.

I have tried:
board #2 --api-port 4029
board #3 --api-port 4030

I have tried:

I have tried:

I have always run all boards through one instance of cgminer.  Never tried multiple ones.  I have also never been able to pick up more than one board at a time with the pepper app.  Granted, I did not mess around trying to figure out how to do it either.
When I first tested each board on it's own I used the app to adjust pressure on the cooler.  Once that was adjusted and running well I did not really need the app anymore.  I like all the fancy colors, but besides the individual die temps, nothing else is crucial or not available in cgminer.  So I did not spend much time trying to make it work.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:01:01 PM

Excellent!

Swimmer,

I have tried:
board #2 --api-port 4029
board #3 --api-port 4030

I have tried:

I have tried:

The pepper app only connects to one cgminer instance (or more technically only the IP and port you specify when you open it). If you run multiple cgminer instances with different ports, you need to run one PepperApp instance to connect to port 4028, one to connect to 4029, etc.
Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:44:48 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716738.0

So the key component is definitely still available for a batch three. But the capital I can imagine needed is rather large. But your guys product freakin rock

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
SVK

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:54:01 PM

MrTeal,

how is higher voltage affecting temperature of dies.

We have summer time and temps are around 30 degrees C. I'm using H100i with SUNON fans and all I can do is piss poor 525MHz Sad Previous owner set voltage to 0.91V and he run it at 930MHz or something like that. I can't run that high.

My other two Habs have cheap china water blocks and they run on 750MHZ--0.86V.

Can this higher voltage cause higher temps of dies ?  

Thank you very much
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:59:19 PM

MrTeal,

how is higher voltage affecting temperature of dies.

We have summer time and temps are around 30 degrees C. I'm using H100i with SUNON fans and all I can do is piss poor 525MHz Sad Previous owner set voltage to 0.91V and he run it at 930MHz or something like that. I can't run that high.

My other two Habs have cheap china water blocks and they run on 750MHZ--0.86V.

Can this higher voltage cause higher temps of dies ?  

Thank you very much
Higher voltage will affect the power consumption, so it would be worth dropping the voltage. I find 910mV (shows up in cgminer as about .86 at the die) to be good for around 800mV. I would look at taking off the cooling head, cleaning everything good with isopropyl and reapplying the paste though. Unless the fans are extremely low flow, you should be able to get higher than 525MHz without overheating.

What's the model number of the fans?
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: