Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:36:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:02:23 AM

Very nice, is that the nepton 280L cooler? if so, how does that perform on these?
or is it the Glacer 240L?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:25:39 AM

Very nice, is that the nepton 280L cooler? if so, how does that perform on these?

Nepton 280.  Pretty good with just the included paste and 1 upgraded fan, for me the heat at 875mhz ranges from mid-80's at 72F ambient up to 96-97 at 90F ambient.

For those who will ask, the screws/standoffs come in the nepton kit, I don't know where to buy them individually.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
btchedge

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:53:50 AM

What is that little controller you are using?

Who is John Galt?
xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:07:31 AM

Foxconn nta3500.  Discontinued now.  Newegg sometimes runs free memory or ssd.  Good little Linux boxes and will boot from SD.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:21:10 AM

Anyone getting the "No Valid Hashes for 6 seconds" error without overheating?
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:22:04 AM

Nepton 280.  Pretty good with just the included paste and 1 upgraded fan, for me the heat at 875mhz ranges from mid-80's at 72F ambient up to 96-97 at 90F ambient.

For those who will ask, the screws/standoffs come in the nepton kit, I don't know where to buy them individually.

That's waaay better than the glacer 240.
btchedge

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:41:58 AM

Foxconn nta3500.  Discontinued now.  Newegg sometimes runs free memory or ssd.  Good little Linux boxes and will boot from SD.
Interesting. We've been using some Intel NUCs that work great but have some extra stuff that is unnecessary. Trying to find the best controller for the money a step above the Pis & Beagles. If anyone has the answer please share.

Who is John Galt?
btchedge

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:59:55 AM

Well I spent a good bit of time breaking the rules and testing higher voltages / clockrates and cooling configurations. I am by no means suggesting that anyone attempt to replicate! I seem to get the best performance with the following settings...

Voltage: .995V
Clockrate: 975Mhz
Temps: 94-99
Hashrate: 750 GH/s +/-
Kill-a-watt: 1157

About 60 watts are from some ridiculously powerful fans that I swapped out with the stock fans on a CoolerMaster 240L. I started this machine around 5AM CST and it was running at 750 until this afternoon when it dropped a little. Perhaps that was due to increased ambient temps which were lower overnight, and are in the mid to upper 70s right now. I just took these screen shots a few minutes ago.

More tweaking to come, but pretty optimistic so far.

PICS!!!!

Breakdown of parts, price and where to get them? Also you mentioned a case etc in another post... let us see what you got... I am curious on just how much it would cost to part your setup out including PSU and rPi.
This board has the following...

1. Cooler Master 240L
2. Original fans replaced with 2 Delta 1212GHE-CF00 | 240 CFM | Max Air Pressure 27.48 mm H20
Fans are pulling (as opposed to pushing airflow) so that they blow the hell out of the back of the board. They are a bit expensive, loud, and at 29.4 watts they are not ideal. I just wanted to see what performance was like with these.
3. PSU for testing is just a Thermaltake 850W
4. Controller is an Intel NUC running Ubuntu
5. This one is not in a case. As you can see in the picture it's just sitting on my desk so I can test it.

We do have some interesting solutions in the works that I will post soon. Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

Who is John Galt?
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:10:17 AM

Foxconn nta3500.  Discontinued now.  Newegg sometimes runs free memory or ssd.  Good little Linux boxes and will boot from SD.
Interesting. We've been using some Intel NUCs that work great but have some extra stuff that is unnecessary. Trying to find the best controller for the money a step above the Pis & Beagles. If anyone has the answer please share.

Dunno if I can say for sure it will mine... but you should be able to do something with this since it is not locked down (root)

http://www.amazon.com/Tronsmart-CX-919-Rockchip-External-Antenna-Black/dp/B00DQ6UPIW

I have had this thing for like 8+ months now... it travels with me all over the US so I can watch WTF I want when I want in the hotel (I load an SD card full of new movies before hand, and some TV shows I need to catch up on sometimes)and it has yet to let me down. BT with the Remote Tablet app is great... and using an OTG cable gives you a second USB port so you can use a powered hub in one and a mouse/KB combo in the embedded USB. Powered via a Micro USB cable (could also run off your powered hub) and linked to your WiFi, you can use any remote view android app (VNC) and access the screen directly from another tablet or PC.

Hell... I bet you could force this thing to boot a Linux distro and run w/e miner since this is a Cortex quadcore. And if you prefer a monitor... easy cheapo HDMI input monitor to go ont he rack for ease of use.

FYI... I love this GD thing!

Edit: Googled it and this is not the same model but same style and idea... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlkgYfIbwVI&feature=youtu.be

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:16:06 AM

Hello everyone HF has given us the ability to release a Python 3 tool that allows you to adjust the voltages of your board.  This is only useful if your going to really want to push them past 900Mhz since at some point you will need to increase the voltages to push the power!

By default the setting we set during programming was .930 voltage.  You can read more about the tool here and please use that thread to ask any related questions.

Cheers!
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:39:13 AM

1. Cooler Master 240L
2. Original fans replaced with 2 Delta 1212GHE-CF00 | 240 CFM | Max Air Pressure 27.48 mm H20
Fans are pulling (as opposed to pushing airflow) so that they blow the hell out of the back of the board. They are a bit expensive, loud, and at 29.4 watts they are not ideal. I just wanted to see what performance was like with these.
5. This one is not in a case. As you can see in the picture it's just sitting on my desk so I can test it.

We do have some interesting solutions in the works that I will post soon. Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

I had those exact fans on my avalon b2 .. ROFL ... they are loud as hell and sure can move air like a mofo... I thought my avy was gonna slide off the bench.... LOL

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
btchedge

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:44:37 AM

Foxconn nta3500.  Discontinued now.  Newegg sometimes runs free memory or ssd.  Good little Linux boxes and will boot from SD.

Dunno if I can say for sure it will mine... but you should be able to do something with this since it is not locked down (root)

http://www.amazon.com/Tronsmart-CX-919-Rockchip-External-Antenna-Black/dp/B00DQ6UPIW

I have had this thing for like 8+ months now... it travels with me all over the US so I can watch WTF I want when I want in the hotel (I load an SD card full of new movies before hand, and some TV shows I need to catch up on sometimes)and it has yet to let me down. BT with the Remote Tablet app is great... and using an OTG cable gives you a second USB port so you can use a powered hub in one and a mouse/KB combo in the embedded USB. Powered via a Micro USB cable (could also run off your powered hub) and linked to your WiFi, you can use any remote view android app (VNC) and access the screen directly from another tablet or PC.

Hell... I bet you could force this thing to boot a Linux distro and run w/e miner since this is a Cortex quadcore. And if you prefer a monitor... easy cheapo HDMI input monitor to go ont he rack for ease of use.

FYI... I love this GD thing!

Edit: Googled it and this is not the same model but same style and idea... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlkgYfIbwVI&feature=youtu.be
Damn, that is quite interesting. It looks like you can definitely run Ubuntu, and it looks like Rikomagic has something similar specifically for linux. I will continue researching and then grab a couple of the most promising for testing. Let me know of any others and I will report results for anyone else interested.
http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/showpro_id_52_pid_22.html

Who is John Galt?
btchedge

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:48:43 AM

1. Cooler Master 240L

I had those exact fans on my avalon b2 .. ROFL ... they are loud as hell and sure can move air like a mofo... I thought my avy was gonna slide off the bench.... LOL
Glad you are amused. I wasn't paying attention when I first plugged one in and the little fucker launched from my hand into my torso. Scared the shit out of me. I wish I had a video of everyone who picks one of these up and fails to comprehend the power in that little package.

Who is John Galt?
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:55:20 PM

1. Cooler Master 240L

Glad you are amused. I wasn't paying attention when I first plugged one in and the little fucker launched from my hand into my torso. Scared the shit out of me. I wish I had a video of everyone who picks one of these up and fails to comprehend the power in that little package.

Yep, they are insane, I swear u could boost an engine w/ them =P lol

Well, glad ur fingers or other extremities didnt get cut off.
These things can hover themselves quite a decent amount off a surface.

gateway

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:27:51 PM

Damn, that is quite interesting. It looks like you can definitely run Ubuntu, and it looks like Rikomagic has something similar specifically for linux. I will continue researching and then grab a couple of the most promising for testing. Let me know of any others and I will report results for anyone else interested.
http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/showpro_id_52_pid_22.html

I would be curious, btw I cant find the buy button on that site.. Sad
gateway

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:29:34 PM

Hello everyone HF has given us the ability to release a Python 3 tool that allows you to adjust the voltages of your board.  This is only useful if your going to really want to push them past 900Mhz since at some point you will need to increase the voltages to push the power!

By default the setting we set during programming was .930 voltage.  You can read more about the tool here and please use that thread to ask any related questions.

Cheers!

btw let me know if you use this tool
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:48:53 PM

I finally figured out how to get the rpi to run these with cgminer.  But I have my directories confused or something and I can't find the config file to update it the speed.  When I save the default file under settings it's saving it somewhere I can't find. So I am running at the default 550 Mhz.  If anyone has an image to share I would appreciate it and send you a tip.

Or a free Nano Fury 2 USB miner if you're into that sort of thing.  New, not used.  I manufacture them.
r00t$

Activity: 117

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

Here is what my mine.conf file looks like...
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334",
                "user" : "xxx",
                "pass" : "1234"
        },
        {       "url" : "us1.ghash.io:3333",
                "user" : "xxx"
                "pass" : "123"
        }
],
"hfa-fan" : "100",
"hfa-fail-drop" : "0",
"hfa-temp-target" : "0",
"hfa-temp-overheat" : "110",
"hfa-hash-clock" : "975",
"api-allow": "127.0.0.1,192.168.237.99"
}

And here is the mine.sh file...

Thank you for the help, however I still cannot get the individual die temperatures. Other cgminer data is being pulled into the app, so I know it's working. Just not the die temperatures. I could really use them as I think my water block isn't tightened down enough, although I'm hesitant to tighten down on it without this tool.

I've tried specifying the port, using different ports other than 4028, and tried to run the app on other computers on my network after allowing the IP's in cgminer..no difference

I've since ditched my config file, and only used the 2 parameters  --api-listen --api-network to start cgminer. Same results.

This should be the easiest part of setup, yet for some reason is really breaking my balls  Angry

Other than this, the card is running decent at 800Mhz at 92C on cgminer 4.3.4 on win7x64.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:56:19 PM

I finally figured out how to get the rpi to run these with cgminer.  But I have my directories confused or something and I can't find the config file to update it the speed.  When I save the default file under settings it's saving it somewhere I can't find. So I am running at the default 550 Mhz.  If anyone has an image to share I would appreciate it and send you a tip.

Or a free Nano Fury 2 USB miner if you're into that sort of thing.  New, not used.  I manufacture them.

I am pretty sure with the pi to open the conf file you do sudo nano /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf. Cannot access my rigs at home right now so I cannot tell your for 100%. Best way is to run cgminer and save the conf file to /home/pi/cgminer.conf.

Please correct me if I am wrong.  
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:58:25 PM

Or a free Nano Fury 2 USB miner if you're into that sort of thing.  New, not used.  I manufacture them.

I am pretty sure with the pi to open the conf file you do sudo nano /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf. Cannot access my rigs at home right now so I cannot tell your for 100%. Best way is to run cgminer and save the conf file to /home/pi/cgminer.conf.

Please correct me if I am wrong.  

OK - even if my cgminer directory is cgminer-4.3.4
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: