Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:58:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95983 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:34:54 AM

Hi.
Could you please stay out of my thread? I don't mind the occasional post on the merits of HashFast as a company and was expecting some of it, but I would like to have it keep focused on discussing the project at hand. I would prefer you not post, as your posts seem to do little but incite the anger of your customers and I find them often inappropriate and uncalled for. I understand you want to stick up for the company you work for, but you often come across as taunting the unhappy customers who have valid reasons to be upset with HF and it makes the situation worse than it already is.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:45:34 AM

Some people might want to question the ethics of using the HF chips at all. Would you care to comment on that Mr Teal? Or is that not the scope here?

I wish you luck and hope that you put together a great board for your customers.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:36:22 AM

Some people might want to question the ethics of using the HF chips at all. Would you care to comment on that Mr Teal? Or is that not the scope here?

I wish you luck and hope that you put together a great board for your customers.
It's probably not in scope, but as it does sort of indirectly call into question my ethics I'll answer one more. If I thought that these chips really were being taken from existing customers and/or delaying shipments for existing customers, I wouldn't have gone ahead with it. I don't believe that's the case though. Like in the past with BFL, their problems with production existed long before they sold chips and continued after it. There's no indication that selling their 65nm chips contributed to the slowdown with production at BFL. The evolving and continuing mess that is Bitmine and their distributors at AMT is an even more recent example. Their rollout has been a nightmare, communications have all but ceased, and it's exceedingly questionable whether their official US distributor is an outright fraud. They are still selling chips which are being used in many designs, including your own.

Ultimately, you need an ASIC if you want to mine. I like the idea of being able to buy from a company that actually tries at customer service and wants to do a good job, but that's unfortunately hard to find looking at most of the chip manufacturers. If you take all the people making boards based on BFL, Bitmine, HashFast or Avalon's chips off the table because the chip developers have screwed their customers we're basically left with buying direct from Bitmain or trying to justify the insane prices Bitfury is still charging for their chips. I don't think that's good for anyone to have such concentration of power with so few.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:37:40 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 06:57:28 AM by Bicknellski

Thanks for the answer. Again good luck...

edit

... and yes we purchased A1 Bitmine chips from Zefir for the development boards before most of the shit hit the fan and had been in talks with Bitmine.ch for chips late in 2013 and offered up suggestions for chip changes even that were adopted and fixed a real physical restriction of the chip itself in terms of the pad dimensions. It is a real dicey road and ethically hard to decide after putting months of work to make a decision to cancel something like a build. Faced that with the K1 Nano project and why I would not personally deal with any Avalon product ever again as too many people lost millions in that debacle. Nothing could be recovered really even though many still struggled on with the Avalon 1 chip designs.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:55:14 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 06:34:00 AM by kaerf

MrTeal, although HF has given you verbal assurances, DO NOT FUCKING TRUST A SINGLE FUCKING WORD THEY SAY. I really would hate to see you lose more coin based on false assurances. Just be careful.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:57:42 AM

I notice you didn't complain when the chili used BFL chips.   Roll Eyes

You know... As much as I wanted to support MrTeal's work his first round, I wasn't able to because of the BFL connection.

This post if yours just completely turned me off of this project for the same reasons. You remind me too much of "he who shall not be named" and I'll be damned if I ever support a company like that again.

I agree. I'm out of here.

I will look into other miners even if its more expensive.

Teal is a great guy. I wish he would get crowd funding to make his own chips.
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:29:34 PM

So now that all the HF hate is out and Mr. Teal has explained his stance on this we would like to move forward on the thread.  We should have some announcement of the progress of the board soon and as always if you feel like not having to read this thread just head over to our site where we will keep progress updated.  http://peppermining.com

Thanks.
gateway

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:30:59 PM

You know... As much as I wanted to support MrTeal's work his first round, I wasn't able to because of the BFL connection.

This post if yours just completely turned me off of this project for the same reasons. You remind me too much of "he who shall not be named" and I'll be damned if I ever support a company like that again.

Sorry my friend this is not what we wanted to start in this thread.  We have asked that HF_CL does not post in this thread and for this threads direction to move back towards the development progress and info over the next 2 weeks.  I do understand if you do not want to have anything to do with this and I would ask you to reconsider. Smiley
GrapeApe

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:39:14 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 11:52:25 PM by GrapeApe

I'm only asking this because I am/was (TBD) about to purchase 2 more S1 AntMiners. Are we talking weeks before production would start and payments would need to be made or a month or longer? I know unexpected things always pop up but I was wondering about any indication as to timeline so I can make a decision on whether or not to buy the S1's or hold off and wait.

Edit: Hey Gateway you need a favicon.ico of a habanero pepper for the website. I would love to see a little pepper in my browser tab. (This is just jibber jabber I hope I don't offend)
gateway

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:11:16 AM

I'm only asking this because I am/was (TBD) about to purchase 2 more S1 AntMiners. Are we talking weeks before production would start and payments would need to be made or a month or longer? I know unexpected things always pop up but I was wondering about any indication as to timeline so I can make a decision on whether or not to buy the S1's or hold off and wait.

Edit: Hey Gateway you need a favicon.ico of a habanero pepper for the website. I would love to see a little pepper in my browser tab. (This is just jibber jabber I hope I don't offend)

Done and thanks for the reminder!
GrapeApe

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:30:02 AM

Done and thanks for the reminder!

Yep that's what I had in mind.

I am truly excited about this project. Grin
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:10:24 AM

Looking forward to the new boards. I'm in for 1. I hope you guys can squeeze a little more power efficiency out of the chip!
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:18:48 AM

I agree. I'm out of here.

I will look into other miners even if its more expensive.

Teal is a great guy. I wish he would get crowd funding to make his own chips.

+1

Even if they had efficient and competitively priced hardware (which they don't) I still would still never touch anything made by hashfast or bfl for the matter.

What is the deal with partnering exclusively with those companies that burned their customers?
btchedge

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:46:42 AM

I have no inside knowledge on the chip situation with Hashfast. However, I can confirm that I was told the same story directly by the Hashfast reps at the conference in Austin. At that time they said that they were working as fast as they could to fulfill orders, that the next available batch was the 2nd Yoli run, and that there were enough chips to max out production and then some. Excess chips were being made available to third party developers as stock permitted.

IMHO MrTeal and ChipGeek are a couple of the most valuable members of the bitcoin mining community. They worked their arses off on the chili project, brought it to market and took good care of their buyers. As one of those buyers who got to know them a bit I can assure you that they are driven primarily by their desire to apply their expertise and innovate - the same drive that all skilled craftsmen posses. I wish there were more teams like them working to bring options to the mining community. These guys are honest and have a proven track record of operating ethically and with transparency.

For the love of Satoshi, let the man work in peace! There are plenty of villains to smackdown and threads of ill repute where you can get your fix. It would be great if this thread could actually remain focused on the tech so those who are interested can stay informed and discuss the coolness of what is in the works.

Who is John Galt?
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 02:26:52 PM

I don't know what happened here.

Teal makes a superb product and I don't care if he uses a chip made by (insert the evil/dark/negative diety of your religion here) I'm still going to to buy a great WORKING, EXISTING and REAL product from teal.

It would be nice if there were reputable companies making chips but then we would actually have to wait two years for development and testing and pay the value of a real companies processes which would make the machines way overpriced and have no chance of ROI.   

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:34:20 PM

HF can't build the rigs they were paid months ago to build.

Mr. Teal can build rigs using HF chips, as can apparently others.

If HF chooses, they can pay Mr. Teal (or someone else) to build HF-chip rigs and ship them to customers who paid for HF-built rigs months ago.  

This would reduce HF"s windfall from 600% to 500%, but life - and business- are tough sometimes.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Spotswood

Activity: 512

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:58:36 PM

Teal, Please design the board to be friendly for high capacity cooling system such as immerse cooling 

An immersion friendly board would have all of the connectors along the "top" edge.

gateway

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:21:58 AM

This just in!

http://peppermining.com/prototype-board-finalized/

Smiley
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 01:24:18 AM

nice; so any specs as to what form factor the mounting holes are? e.g. LGA1155 etc.. or measurements? so we can go research what accessories will fit Smiley

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:45:15 AM

nice; so any specs as to what form factor the mounting holes are? e.g. LGA1155 etc.. or measurements? so we can go research what accessories will fit Smiley
The mounting holes are LGA115x, though like the Chilis the ASIC on the Habanero is a little lower than the standard socketed CPU and not all mounting hardware will work. I haven't found a heatsink yet that just wouldn't work and it's usually as simple as just buying 50 cents work of screws to hold the heatsink/waterblock down with.

The board itself is 5x5" x 11", and the outer mounting holes are 125mm x 265mm apart.
There are actually two sets of mounting holes. One is two sets of holes in a 125mm square with the two squares separated by 15mm. Using these holes, it’s the same spacing as two 140mm fans side by side.
The second is two sets of squares with 105mm distance separated by 15mm. This is the same as two 120mm fans side by side.
The idea on this is that not only can you use the outer four holes for mounting to a plate as normal, but you could also mount it to the radiator for a water cooling setup. Basically, you could mount the radiator to the case and mount the fans on it, then mount the board to the radiator on some 2" standoffs. As the fans suck air in to blow through the radiator, it pulls air along the board without needing extra cooling fans.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: