Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:47:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95987 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:56:07 AM

I want 2 to 4 pieces when it will be ready
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:23:50 AM

I'm holding off with Ant S1 then  Smiley
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:11:30 AM

nice; so any specs as to what form factor the mounting holes are? e.g. LGA1155 etc.. or measurements? so we can go research what accessories will fit Smiley
The mounting holes are LGA115x, though like the Chilis the ASIC on the Habanero is a little lower than the standard socketed CPU and not all mounting hardware will work. I haven't found a heatsink yet that just wouldn't work and it's usually as simple as just buying 50 cents work of screws to hold the heatsink/waterblock down with.

The board itself is 5x5" x 11", and the outer mounting holes are 125mm x 265mm apart.
There are actually two sets of mounting holes. One is two sets of holes in a 125mm square with the two squares separated by 15mm. Using these holes, it’s the same spacing as two 140mm fans side by side.
The second is two sets of squares with 105mm distance separated by 15mm. This is the same as two 120mm fans side by side.
The idea on this is that not only can you use the outer four holes for mounting to a plate as normal, but you could also mount it to the radiator for a water cooling setup. Basically, you could mount the radiator to the case and mount the fans on it, then mount the board to the radiator on some 2" standoffs. As the fans suck air in to blow through the radiator, it pulls air along the board without needing extra cooling fans.

This information has been added to our FAQ section on the site. http://peppermining.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Thanks QuiveringGibbage for asking this question.

Cheers
fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:42:18 AM

Great project

Looking forward for some spicy board Smiley
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 07:05:47 PM

Watching closely. Great project & eagerly looking forward to seeing some hot specs soon  Grin

Great work guys.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:38:59 PM

For a mining ASIC, the voltage regulator module (VRM) is one of the most critical aspects of the design. The VRM takes the input power (usually at 12V) and lowers the voltage to whatever is needed by the ASIC. The process isn’t perfect as there are always power losses in the conversion process. If your VRM is too noisy or isn’t able to provide the amount of power your ASIC needs, performance will suffer. Even if an undersized VRM is able to provide enough power, its efficiency will go down as it is pushed to the max.

Read the rest at http://peppermining.com/deconstructing-the-habanero-vrm/, and if you have any comments please ask them here!
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:04:12 AM

Teal, are you still going with this ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg5872987#msg5872987

After reading that, i dont understand why you still believe whatever BS Hashfast told you.

They dont want to make boards anymore and focus on selling chips and you're ok with that? You still think buying chips from them wouldnt affect HF's victims?

I dont want to lose any respect to you and i urge you to reconsider going with this project.

Remember that every chip sold by HF to a third party means less potential profits from HF's customers if they ever received their miners.

Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:54:07 AM

After reading that, i dont understand why you still believe whatever BS Hashfast told you.

They dont want to make boards anymore and focus on selling chips and you're ok with that? You still think buying chips from them wouldnt affect HF's victims?

I dont want to lose any respect to you and i urge you to reconsider going with this project.

Remember that every chip sold by HF to a third party means less potential profits from HF's customers if they ever received their miners.

The Bitcoin Greed is just too great.  F__k Morality, Avalon, BFL, Hashfast, KNC, Pepper Mining...  Let's not kid ourselves, all of us shoulder part of the blames and contribute to the problem.  Whoever made pre-order, continue to order from and support proven scammers' products are just as guilty as the ASIC makers/manufacturers.  That's just basic human-nature 101.. if you get reward for scamming like Hashfast did, that just encourage more people, new company to scam this Bitcoin community.  It is a joke what this has become starting with BFL/Avalon last year and HashFast manages to top both of them.  No wonder most outside people don't take Bitcoin seriously.  But whatever, it is okay to buy as long as I can profit from it...  as long as I don't become the next victim... hopefully.
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:03:10 AM

I notice you didn't complain when the chili used BFL chips.   Roll Eyes

You know... As much as I wanted to support MrTeal's work his first round, I wasn't able to because of the BFL connection.

This post if yours just completely turned me off of this project for the same reasons. You remind me too much of "he who shall not be named" and I'll be damned if I ever support a company like that again.

Sorry my friend this is not what we wanted to start in this thread.  We have asked that HF_CL does not post in this thread and for this threads direction to move back towards the development progress and info over the next 2 weeks.  I do understand if you do not want to have anything to do with this and I would ask you to reconsider. Smiley

Yes, let's hide the skeleton in the closet   Roll Eyes
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:24:43 AM

Holy cow. The trolls are out in force. I'll buy an extra one just because they are so annoying.
GrapeApe

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:28:17 AM

Holy cow. The trolls are out in force. I'll buy an extra one just because they are so annoying.

+1
Same here.. 
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:32:28 AM

I think the important things we should be talking about are:

Efficiency - If the board can beat the layman's metric of 1 watt per GH/S this board will be in the mix.
Price - Looks like the Chinese miners are coming out at about $3.50 per GH/S inclusive of PSU, controller, cooling, and shipping. I'd be happy to pay a slight premium for a product designed in the USA by people that I trust.
GrapeApe

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:34:17 AM

Efficiency - If the board can beat the layman's metric of 1 watt per GH/S this board will be in the mix.
Price - Looks like the Chinese miners are coming out at about $3.50 per GH/S inclusive of PSU, controller, cooling, and shipping. I'd be happy to pay a slight premium for a product designed in the USA by people that I trust.

Sshh they'll hear you.

Edit : That being said 1watt per GH/s puts this board in play for the long term.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:43:06 AM

Chinese miners/bitmain/spondoolies are less than $3/gh for a complete miner that gets 0.9w/gh at the wall and they all ship now.

Hashfast evo is $3.5/gh that gets around 1.2w/gh at the wall and by time these finally ship they will be obsolete and competing with 0.5w/gh miners.

Its hilarious you trust a total fuck up more than international companies which have proven themselves.

How can you justify supporting a company which has deliberately ripped off nearly each and every one of its customers?
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:45:17 AM

Sshh they'll hear you.

Edit : That being said 1watt per GH/s puts this board in play for the long term.

You're joking right?

Even if it did get 1w/gh, which it doesn't, it still would not be in play for the long term.

1w/gh was impressive 6 months ago when bitfury/knc achieved it.

Asicminer/knc/spondoolies next gen miners are all expected to be less than 0.5w/gh.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:55:10 AM

Not quite the same. I am doing my own board design, because I really want to do a board design with a high power single chip. We are not taking Hashfast's board and selling them, nor are we just cloning them. While it would suck if just the two chips got mounted onto boards and the average cost (outside of all the time) of each of them way $15k, it wouldn't be the end of the world because I at least got to design some cool hardware. The simple fact is that HashFast is the only vendor selling right now. Even if they weren't, the other options would be BFL, KnC and Cointerra, and KnC's chip isn't ready (nor is BFL's), and I would likely see the same reaction if I did use BFL or Cointerra's chips as they are screwing over their customers too.

That also means that by doing a different design we are not taking the same parts out of the channel as Hashfast uses and causing shortages of the parts HF needs to build their boards. All I can say that I've been assured by HF that they have more than enough chips on hand to handle all the orders coming in, and more behind that. The situation really isn't that much different than Avalon selling chips while still trying to ship batch 3 and BFL selling chips while working though their queue.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:05:15 AM

Chinese miners/bitmain/spondoolies are less than $3/gh for a complete miner that gets 0.9w/gh at the wall and they all ship now.

Hashfast evo is $3.5/gh that gets around 1.2w/gh at the wall and by time these finally ship they will be obsolete and competing with 0.5w/gh miners.

Its hilarious you trust a total fuck up more than international companies which have proven themselves.

How can you justify supporting a company which has deliberately ripped off nearly each and every one of its customers?

I don't think that's true. Bitmain S1 is $2.50/GH/s without a power supply and 2J/GH. The S2 includes the power supply and is supposed to hit 1J/GH, but is $3.60/GH/s. Spoondoolies is 0.9J/GH, but $3.57/GH/s and not shipping until early May.

We'll see how it pans out once we get it tested. We definitely won't hit 0.5J/GH, but I'm hoping we can do a little better in the efficiency department than the Evo.
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:18:55 AM

Sshh they'll hear you.

You're joking right?

Even if it did get 1w/gh, which it doesn't, it still would not be in play for the long term.

1w/gh was impressive 6 months ago when bitfury/knc achieved it.

Asicminer/knc/spondoolies next gen miners are all expected to be less than 0.5w/gh.

They heard me...
seriouscoin

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:20:04 AM

Not quite the same. I am doing my own board design, because I really want to do a board design with a high power single chip. We are not taking Hashfast's board and selling them, nor are we just cloning them. While it would suck if just the two chips got mounted onto boards and the average cost (outside of all the time) of each of them way $15k, it wouldn't be the end of the world because I at least got to design some cool hardware. The simple fact is that HashFast is the only vendor selling right now. Even if they weren't, the other options would be BFL, KnC and Cointerra, and KnC's chip isn't ready (nor is BFL's), and I would likely see the same reaction if I did use BFL or Cointerra's chips as they are screwing over their customers too.

That also means that by doing a different design we are not taking the same parts out of the channel as Hashfast uses and causing shortages of the parts HF needs to build their boards. All I can say that I've been assured by HF that they have more than enough chips on hand to handle all the orders coming in, and more behind that. The situation really isn't that much different than Avalon selling chips while still trying to ship batch 3 and BFL selling chips while working though their queue.

Why dont you go for a crowdfunding to make your own chips? I would support you 100%

I dont trust anything HF told you. I'm sure you also have your doubt.
seriouscoin

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:23:05 AM

Sshh they'll hear you.

I sure hope so..... as i ordered some miners thats shipping right now. I doubt this board would yield better price point by the time its ready to ship.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: