Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:13:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSV] ★★ Silicon Valley Coin ★★ | ✈ MailDrop | Video Proof ✔ | Vote MintPal★  (Read 83767 times)
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:10:57 PM

My fellow newbies paying attention?

Looks like some of you took my advice and sold last night. Chalk one up for the home team!!

For those that didn't, you could have got almost double the BTC then you would get today. However, I talked to my friend that has been in cryptos awhile, the one who taught me all this stuff in the first place, and he said it will probably drop another ten cents in the next 36 hours or sooner. I got to agree with him, hes been right so far. Just common sense really.

So the way to get some of your loss back is to sell now at 33 to 35. Buy back at 27, and sell at 35 to recover some of your losses. Then get out with a small loss and take this as a learning experience.

I would imagine hes right. Common sense

Don't get greedy and do it twice, it might work, but these Devs are so shady they will dump all the maildrop coins soon and disappear

It could be that some of us want to get in early on a coin that will be around for longer than a couple of weeks. Just a heads up  Wink

Yeah, well if you think that this coin is going anywhere... but wait... you dont.

Here is a link to a thread where people are discussing coins that actually bring innovative ideas to the crypto community. These are some coins that ACTUALLY will be around.

Don't just listen to the people though, get some ideas, and research for yourself. But its a good starting point to find coin that aren't just scams to begin with. There's some scamcoins people bring up, but a lot of good ones too.

The cool part is that it was started on feb 25, so its cool to see what happened since then. And there still people posting now.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487409.0;

I had a quick look, and there are some good suggestions there. I'm only actually interested in lesser known altcoins with potential, I don't hold any BTC or LTC for example. I have coins like Darkcoin, Vertcoin, Dogecoin, Mintcoin... I think they are good solid altcoins for anyone to add to their portfolio. But I also have coins like Spaincoin, Auroracoin and SiliconValleyCoin because if these coins succeed then the whole digital currency market can get grow and get more people involved. Also the intention of these currencies is to eventually replace fiat currencies, that isn't going to happen by pretending that Bitcoin can be all things to all people.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:21:01 PM

Looks like some of you took my advice and sold last night. Chalk one up for the home team!!

For those that didn't, you could have got almost double the BTC then you would get today. However, I talked to my friend that has been in cryptos awhile, the one who taught me all this stuff in the first place, and he said it will probably drop another ten cents in the next 36 hours or sooner. I got to agree with him, hes been right so far. Just common sense really.

So the way to get some of your loss back is to sell now at 33 to 35. Buy back at 27, and sell at 35 to recover some of your losses. Then get out with a small loss and take this as a learning experience.

Don't get greedy and do it twice, it might work, but these Devs are so shady they will dump all the maildrop coins soon and disappear

A page ago, you began your post with:

Im fairly new to the crypto community and I have been looking and learning a lot.

So you come out and announce to the world that you basically don't know anything.

And then you give yourself credit for the price falling last night?  Are you deranged?  

The price was pumped because the developer added yet another layer of transparency to Silicon Valley Coin by releasing print statements...

You said you have been learning quite a lot.  Pay close attention, and let me help you learn more.  There are always dumpers after a pump.  

You are hoping some newbie, like yourself, will see your newbie advice and take it?  Why would one newbie ever take any advice from another newbie?

Oh and a "friend" is entrusting you with this wonderful information about the coin, but you are the one who has made it his personal mission to annoy literally every person in this thread?  Get real.  

Anyone that does a little digging will find this is one of many sockpuppet accounts that are trying to discredit the XSV team/ mission.

So, once again, you said you are still learning.  Listen up.  No one cares what you say.  You're new.  Now take a step back and listen.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:26:40 PM

why not target computer companies rather than just sillicone valley? normal people aren't ready for this yet. I think you would be better off to target small computer shops with underpaid employees that need money rather than a zip code of people who have no idea what the hell an altcoin is. just an idea.

First off, even computer literate people are largely crypto illiterate. 

Second off, we have all seen what happens when you give free money to underpaid people (they dump it!  Just like AUR)

Third, it is being sent to Silicon Valley due to the fact that there is a large concentration of wealth in the area, with a fair amount of this wealth stemming from the technology sector.

This is the developer's plan... 

To everyone that keeps suggesting things, how about you make your own coin and pay thousands of dollars for your own mailout and then you can do it your way!

The XSV team has had some great ideas so far.  No one knows an exact formula for crypto success, and they are trying some things that haven't been done before.  This could be a total bust, but you cannot discount that fact that it could be a BIG winner.

dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:30:39 PM

If Mark Zuckerberg wanted to get in on the crypto community scene, all he has to do is buy 50k Bitcoins. If he makes that purchase public knowledge, he can cause a sudden spike in the price of Bitcoin, potentially netting him a quick $5M profit. At that point, he can take his money out or stay with the community. Regardless, it would be more profitable for him, or any Silicon Valley entrepreneur for that matter, to simply invest in Bitcoin than a new clone. I'm not against the idea of promoting cryptocurrencies to Silicon Valley companies, but it seems to me that all this community support would be more useful promoting Bitcoin than another clone. In the end, the best response that one could expect from a Silicon Valley company rep regarding this coin would be "We'll start accepting Bitcoins for payment so exchange those vouchers for Bitcoins first."

You are describing a situation where Mark Zuckerberg wants to make a quick $5 million...not where Mark Zuckerberg wants to get into the crypto scene!

Even with his money and influence, it would be very difficult for him to take something as established at BTC and make it his own.

With XSV, however, all it will take is one savvy, wealthy investor to jump on in the early stages to make this HUGE.

That is what the XSV guys are banking on. 

Think about it...  someone learns about crypto through the mailout, has $5 million dollars to play around with, and buys that much XSV...

The demand for the coin could get insane!
albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:46:02 PM

Yeah, well if you think that this coin is going anywhere... but wait... you dont.

Here is a link to a thread where people are discussing coins that actually bring innovative ideas to the crypto community. These are some coins that ACTUALLY will be around.

Don't just listen to the people though, get some ideas, and research for yourself. But its a good starting point to find coin that aren't just scams to begin with. There's some scamcoins people bring up, but a lot of good ones too.

The cool part is that it was started on feb 25, so its cool to see what happened since then. And there still people posting now.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487409.0;

So you're admitting you're a newbie and then giving advice to everyone like you know everything? Get real. All i've been reading here is bullshit. Let me tell you this:

Price was pumped because certain people on twitter (are you on twitter following 'the big guys?' Because if you're not, twitter is probably your best bet to stay up to date to everything) said that this coin would come on mintpal. This spread fast. There were retweets from people who had 1000s of followers and shortly after that, the price spiked 1300%. Luckily, as I am not a newbie like you (some sarcasm here), and have all those fancy twitter contacts, I was well informed of this info even before it was spread, and bought in at 0.00016. Thats right, i made a nice x13 profit out of the money I invested and made some nice quick btc. I also have to say that at this same time, the dev posted this printer proof of him working on the flyers etc. This may also have added some positivity, but the big thing here was the mintpal rumor. Obviously, i dumped all my coins in this nice buy walls and one our later, the whole twitter rumor turned out to be FUD and everything collapsed (and is still collapsing). THAT's the reason this coin is still getting dumped.

So please don't act like you know everything and your so called 'friend' knows everything because you're clearly just starting out and have yet to learn a lot. You might want to start act like that Smiley You're right about one thing tho, it WILL drop more. But this coin is actually not that bad and YOU also DON'T know if it will NOT go anywhere, so you don't have the right to say to people that they don't know either. I'll be buying back in.
cryptomite

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:20:02 AM

Im sure us newbies can be funny to you guys that have been around awhile.

Im admitting that I don't know everything and also that I am new.
But im not trying to deceive people like others on this forum.
Im just posting BASICS that I learned from a friend.

Common sense stuff, a few simple things.

Yes, I don't know groups of people on Twitter that pump coins.

Im talking mostly about the fact that this is a pump and dump scamcoin.

Pump and dump in the sense that you are talking about.

And scamcoin in the sense that the promotional activities surrounding this coin are aimed at the investors, not silicon valley.
If you are really going to tell me that you believe that a junk mail piece is going to get the crypto community on the map with rich people from silicon valley via this coin then you are... well

I dont think I know more than you. Any real advice you have, send me a pm, ill listen for sure.

Realise I am trying to pass on the few things I know. Id like to think I saved a few people last night by alerting them of the limited information I did learn. Maybe I didnt who knows. You knew to sell, I just feel they could use some help too.

Im sure im generalizing a bit, but this was directed at newbies like myself that were totally believing all the bullshit the devs are spewing here. You know what's up.

What do you think? Realize these are people who are still learning the basics. I told them that  maybe they could make a few careful cents on the next pump, and get out because this thing will crash and soon. We dont have the contacts or experience you do, to be able to get in and out and not end up the bag holder. Bad beginner advice?

I still think my friend gave good advice. It crashed just like he said.

Do you think it will go below 25?
Do you think will go back up afterwards?
Do you agree this coins concept is aimed at making a speculative coin as opposed to trying to gain mass adoption?

Thanks for anymore info you can provide us. We need it!

dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:22:45 AM

Im sure us newbies can be funny to you guys that have been around awhile.

Im admitting that I don't know everything and also that I am new.
But im not trying to deceive people like others on this forum.
Im just posting BASICS that I learned from a friend.

Common sense stuff, a few simple things.

Yes, I don't know groups of people on Twitter that pump coins.

Im talking mostly about the fact that this is a pump and dump scamcoin.

Pump and dump in the sense that you are talking about.

And scamcoin in the sense that the promotional activities surrounding this coin are aimed at the investors, not silicon valley.
If you are really going to tell me that you believe that a junk mail piece is going to get the crypto community on the map with rich people from silicon valley via this coin then you are... well

I dont think I know more than you. Any real advice you have, send me a pm, ill listen for sure.

Realise I am trying to pass on the few things I know. Id like to think I saved a few people last night by alerting them of the limited information I did learn. Maybe I didnt who knows. You knew to sell, I just feel they could use some help too.

Im sure im generalizing a bit, but this was directed at newbies like myself that were totally believing all the bullshit the devs are spewing here. You know what's up.

What do you think? Realize these are people who are still learning the basics. I told them that  maybe they could make a few careful cents on the next pump, and get out because this thing will crash and soon. We dont have the contacts or experience you do, to be able to get in and out and not end up the bag holder. Bad beginner advice?

I still think my friend gave good advice. It crashed just like he said.

Do you think it will go below 25?
Do you think will go back up afterwards?
Do you agree this coins concept is aimed at making a speculative coin as opposed to trying to gain mass adoption?

Thanks for anymore info you can provide us. We need it!

Every coin get's pumped and dumped several times during the course if its life, including bitcoin.  It has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the coin.

The nature of just about any market is to increase or decrease at times.

And no, newbies are not funny to anyone who has been around.  We were all there once.  We want to help newbies become contributing members.

What is funny, however, is you.  You are just rambling on making claims with no evidence.  Almost as if you just love to hear yourself speak.

Pick any thread on bitcointalk and act as you have here...you will be met with the same responses.  

I'm asking you nicely to leave.  You have successfully annoyed literally every person in this thread.

I'm all for trying to help new guys out.  Crypto is a hard topic to become truly familiar with.

The dev has some great ideas and XSV is a good coin.  You can either accept this or not.

But if you choose not to, go somewhere else.  There are so many coins to choose from and root for.

If you are truly trying to learn, you will listen to what I have said..maybe even apologize for your behavior.  

But please, your words have literally zero impact on the value of this coin.  

Myself and others would like this thread to be a good resource for information regarding XSV.  You're making the good stuff hard to find.

Good luck finding a coin to become passionate about.  Feel free to PM me for suggestions.

Edit to add:  before the pump, I pointed out that that moment was a great time to buy XSV.  Look back a couple of pages, and you will see.  I bet your friend didn't foresee that, did he?
CCTrade

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:52:59 AM

Hey,guys

New exchange for XSV, Pairs:XSV-Btc,XSV-Ltc,XSV-Doge

https://www.cctrade.cc

Enjoy trading!
dwolfx

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:56:01 AM

Read through a few pages of this thread and thought I would chime in:
This coin is slowly going places, to be honest, its better to get there nice and slow so we all have time to accumulate some coins.
slow and steady wins the race.

Now that people have learned from the pump and dump that was aurora, we have that priced in, so this is the market value of XSV, we know more or less what that value is 15 cents ~40 cents I would say is a fair price for a coin this young.

Recently most coins have slipped into being hardly profitable, hell you might even lose $$$ mining XSV at current rates, which means to me that its fairly under-valued, especially given the prospects of some mogul gaining interest (what other coin is targeted and marketed directly to people of influence?Huh?); this sets XSV apart.

The possibility of the coin being a failure is very real, but so is the possibility of bitcoin failing, (and to some degree it has as in my eyes the inflation rate of BTC is too high), but we are all adults (atleast most of us) and we can determine for ourselves our own appropriate level of risk taking.

Nay-sayers and doomsayers have nothing constructive to offer, especially when they lack any and all forms of rep. and experience.
That being said, XSV is both a risky coin to mine, and a risky coin to hold, that goes without saying, and at no point should anyone expect to get rich quick off crypto, crypto as a whole is experimental, no one knows where this is going, and thats part of the fun, its an adventure.

TLDR: we are all on a boat called adventure, if all you have to contribute is pissing and moaning, then please kindly walk the plank.

Leetpools!
SiliconValleyCoin (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 03:25:12 AM

Thank you for adding us, we are updating our site and adding you to our list of exchanges on this thread.

Hey,guys

Enjoy trading!
CCTrade

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:24:13 AM

Thank you for adding us, we are updating our site and adding you to our list of exchanges on this thread.

Hey,guys

Enjoy trading!

Thanks!
Although it's a new exchange,but we will do our best to make the coins safety.
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:12:47 PM

If Mark Zuckerberg wanted to get in on the crypto community scene, all he has to do is buy 50k Bitcoins. If he makes that purchase public knowledge, he can cause a sudden spike in the price of Bitcoin, potentially netting him a quick $5M profit. At that point, he can take his money out or stay with the community. Regardless, it would be more profitable for him, or any Silicon Valley entrepreneur for that matter, to simply invest in Bitcoin than a new clone. I'm not against the idea of promoting cryptocurrencies to Silicon Valley companies, but it seems to me that all this community support would be more useful promoting Bitcoin than another clone. In the end, the best response that one could expect from a Silicon Valley company rep regarding this coin would be "We'll start accepting Bitcoins for payment so exchange those vouchers for Bitcoins first."

You are describing a situation where Mark Zuckerberg wants to make a quick $5 million...not where Mark Zuckerberg wants to get into the crypto scene!

Even with his money and influence, it would be very difficult for him to take something as established at BTC and make it his own.

With XSV, however, all it will take is one savvy, wealthy investor to jump on in the early stages to make this HUGE.

Think about it...  someone learnuhs about crypto through the mailout, has $5 million dollars to play around with, and buys that much XSV...

I wont even bother going into this guys last post about me. Im sure you can read between the lines.

In case you can't, he is a shill

He defends this coin and attacks anyone who wants to bring up some common sense.

Look at the above quote for example. It is completely offensive. Offensive in the sense that he believes people are stupid just because they are new. Offensive in the sense that he would lead you to believe that an INTERNET GIANT, someone who revolutionized the way much of the public communicates, would get 600 silicon valley coins in the mail and this would be the spark? Mark Zuckerburg knows all about bitcoin. If he were to dive into the crypto scene it would not be because someone sent him junk mail. I can assure you that is not how you approach any billionaire with a concept to look into.

This guy is a shill because he knows this. He is trying to mislead you. But im sure by now this is obvious. If it is not check his shill post history.

Im not here to troll and stir up this thread for amusement. This is one of the most blantant scams out there. Its fine if you are trying to be a day trader, but this coin is not going to gain mass adoption. They not even attempting to. If they were, they wouldnt be mailing out coins in a junk mail piece once a month.

Come on, im new but im not an idiot.

dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:39:54 PM

Think about it...  someone learnuhs about crypto through the mailout, has $5 million dollars to play around with, and buys that much XSV...

I wont even bother going into this guys last post about me. Im sure you can read between the lines.

He defends this coin and attacks anyone who wants to bring up some common sense.

Look at the above quote for example. It is completely offensive. Offensive in the sense that he believes people are stupid just because they are new. Offensive in the sense that he would lead you to believe that an INTERNET GIANT, someone who revolutionized the way much of the public communicates, would get 600 silicon valley coins in the mail and this would be the spark? Mark Zuckerburg knows all about bitcoin. If he were to dive into the crypto scene it would not be because someone sent him junk mail. I can assure you that is not how you approach any billionaire with a concept to look into.

This guy is a shill because he knows this. He is trying to mislead you. But im sure by now this is obvious. If it is not check his shill post history.

Im not here to troll and stir up this thread for amusement. This is one of the most blantant scams out there. Its fine if you are trying to be a day trader, but this coin is not going to gain mass adoption. They not even attempting to. If they were, they wouldnt be mailing out coins in a junk mail piece once a month.

Did you not see the three or four other people asking you to leave too? 

You are a troll.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

I just offered to help you because you are new lol.

And yes, if you post something stupid here, I will probably attack you.
mig5000

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:49:22 PM

Trying to build under linux and I get this error

fatal error: shlwapi.h:

Anyone else got this ?
bitbd83

Activity: 224

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:26:07 PM

Did you not see the three or four other people asking you to leave too? 

You are a troll.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

I just offered to help you because you are new lol.

And yes, if you post something stupid here, I will probably attack you.

lets help that types of TROLL to go to HELL.

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
dots

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:55:10 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkWNyzwCcAAxRjx.jpg

Showing my love and support for you, XSV!! Enjoy  Wink

Follow me on twitter for more!! https://twitter.com/CryptoDoll
SiliconValleyCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 09:10:20 PM

Trying to build under linux and I get this error

fatal error: shlwapi.h:

Anyone else got this ?

You need to use +x for leveldb compilation:
chmod +x src/leveldb/build_detect_platform

Regards,
Dev

SiliconValleyCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 09:11:36 PM

Wow! #Amazing, We are 100% following you! Feel free to model the XSV any way, any time, any place you see fit!
SiliconValleyCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 09:14:11 PM

8,292 votes and climbing! Vote XSV https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Remember: You can vote 5 times every hour!
dots

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:23:32 PM

Wow! #Amazing, We are 100% following you! Feel free to model the XSV any way, any time, any place you see fit!

Will do!!!! Anything for my #1 fav! I know you guys will shoot to the moon in the time coming!
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: