Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:19:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: T  (Read 40966 times)
gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 10:58:45 PM

Derp. Reason "last price" right now is 1.25BTC is because I mis-typed and sold the wrong stock @ .38BTC :x

will you sell some stocks to me at btc 3?!
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrGaSp

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 02:18:03 PM

I should send out payments today but I've been crazy busy with work but now its V Day and I gota go out. I'm on thin ice for spending too much time on the computers the way it is. What I need to do is add up the new electric usage and then the new hashing power to get the new payments. I will work on this tomorrow ASAP. Thanks for understanding.

You've been consistent enough, take your time  Grin
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 03:38:17 PM

I should send out payments today but I've been crazy busy with work but now its V Day and I gota go out. I'm on thin ice for spending too much time on the computers the way it is. What I need to do is add up the new electric usage and then the new hashing power to get the new payments. I will work on this tomorrow ASAP. Thanks for understanding.

You've been consistent enough, take your time  Grin

+1

The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 11:02:57 AM

Dividend will be  22.9BTC     

Difficulty      1,379,647
Hash Rate is estimated to be   12GHash/S

61.24 coins mined.

Electric is estimated to be 1240 KWH at .1323$ KWH = $164

$164 / $4.35 = 37.7BTC

61.24 - 37.7 =  23.54BTC

23.54BTC x 95% = 22.4BTC

Namecoin bonus will be .5BTC
I didn't receive my dividend payout yesterday.  Usually I see it when I see the announcement.  Have you made it, and who do I need to talk to if you have?
gewure

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 01:21:40 AM

i recently thought about tygrr tech withholding some small percentage (like 10%) or something in bitcoins to make some reserves over the time..

i would vote for it.

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 08:04:47 AM

Dividend will be  22.9BTC     

Difficulty      1,379,647
Hash Rate is estimated to be   12GHash/S

61.24 coins mined.

So you are buying hashrate from everyone else at 105-115% and making a profit on top of that by hopping and/or gpumax, but your own farm is only yielding ~98% PPS? Really?

How do your shareholders know you are not hopping with your farm, and frankly, why wouldnt you?

Since you have an obligation to maximize shareholder value, at the very least one would expect you to direct your hashes towards your GPUmax account where you will get significantly more than what you are stating.

P4man

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 10:56:11 AM

For the record, you said "61.24 coins mined".  Apparently that was not very careful wording, since its just a hypothetical number.

Dividends are paid on a companies actual profits, based on actual costs and revenues, not based on  what one might expect if a certain business plan were to be followed - but isnt.  Share holders own a substantial part of your company, they are entitled to know exactly whats going on. Just making a blanket statement "12GH in theory ought to bring in x BTC so lets assume we did" is something quite different.

It doesnt matter if your losses due to downtime were offset by profits made hopping or from gpumax, it could be the other way as well, shareholders ought to know. Its not like Intel pays dividends based on theoretical costs and revenue with management pocketing (or paying out of pocket) the difference between theory and reality. The latter is what you do when running a proxy or pool as service to customers. Its not how you treat shareholder.

My 2 cents.

labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 11:19:25 AM

I personally think that we should move to p2pool, because it's good for bitcoin.
And i also do think that shareholders should be able to control the coins that come in, via block explorer.
Don't see it as a lack of confidence, Transparency is just good for business.

Obviously this should be put to vote, that's just my personal opinion

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 11:31:18 AM

I personally think that we should move to p2pool, because it's good for bitcoin.
And i also do think that shareholders should be able to control the coins that come in, via block explorer.
Don't see it as a lack of confidence, Transparency is just good for business.

Obviously this should be put to vote, that's just my personal opinion
Seconded. p2pool may be bad for dividends, but possibly good for share price. Lots of idealists around. Idunno -- how bout a two-week trial on p2pool about a month (so additional dividends aren't as much an additional variable) after the new hardware's installed? If share price doesn't increase, I'd vote for GPUMax. Ultimately, I much prefer a higher share price over higher dividend payout as I want to be able to put money in and take it out on demand.

fwiw.
gewure

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 06:21:51 PM

i want to slowly invest more into this company, and therefore would like to see a rising stock price, and a solid-growing venture. I am offcourse willing to pay this growth with smaller dividends. I suggest we put back some 10% of the net gain in bitcoin for reserves.

Also.. since butteflylabs delivered to some people, we should really discuss about ordering some of those. maybe with an new IPO? i don't think this will lower the shareprice at all, rather increas it. having some asskicking, electricity-cost-lowering FPGAs wont turn investors away, i think!

what do you think about those 2 matters?!

regarding the reserves i heard some supporting words from goat..

greets

13/1500

tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 08:52:09 PM

I support this idea and would like to hear more on it. $.13KWH is cheaper than many but not cheap enough for future difficulties.

The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 08:57:37 PM

I'm not against another PO to add BFL devices, but I would be pissed off if that PO came at below 3BTC per share since that floor was created before I invested, costing me more dollars per share than earlier investors already.  IOW, an additional PO at below 3BTC per share would screw me over two ways (one by the previous floor forcing me to pay more than my fair share, and another by diluting my share value because of the subsequently removed price floor), and I doubt I'm the only one.
gewure

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 02:04:31 AM

ofcourse i would suggest 3 BTC as the price of eventuall new shares to finance some FPGAs.

what do you finally think about Butterfly labs goat?

greets
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 10:15:24 AM

It doesnt matter if your losses due to downtime were offset by profits made hopping or from gpumax, it could be the other way as well, shareholders ought to know. Its not like Intel pays dividends based on theoretical costs and revenue with management pocketing (or paying out of pocket) the difference between theory and reality. The latter is what you do when running a proxy or pool as service to customers. Its not how you treat shareholders.

This is a very solid point.

My 2 cents.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
P4man

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 04:07:34 PM

Goat, you seem to be confusing a few things. Mining contracts and company shares for one, and full disclosure with a need for paying for revenue shortcoming as another.

Shareholders should not be forced to chose between full disclosures and you paying for shortcoming out of pocket.
Full disclosure of actual costs and revenue should be a given, its a legal obligation. Its one thing you dont follow all the fine print of GAAP rules, its quite another to not even attempt to follow *any* of its basic underlying principles.

Full disclosure wont prevent you from compensating losses out of pocket, should you feel thats wise.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 04:52:36 PM

Its one thing you dont follow all the fine print of GAAP rules

IFRS. GAAP is dying by 2016.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
gewure

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 05:01:55 PM

i suggest the following:

50% of all future dividends are to be put to reserves in bitcoin until a solid reserve is build.we let the next dividend be payed out and then vote for one week.

during the downtime theoretical dividends are not payed out, but put 100% into reserve. how high are they supposed to be? .. since goat is paying i would suggest to rather make a weekly fix price in btc goat is supposed to substitute out of his own pocket, to make loses for him minimal. lets say 20 bitcoin. like a bad mining week. the question is here how much of the downtime is to be covered by the shareholders, how much shall be covered by goat.. how many shares do you own, goat?

however in the sake of the company and all its stakeholders i want goat not to pay to much out of his own pocket. you are running the thing and you shall be payed good for your work, not make losses.

why 50% put to to reserve?

50% growth seems not to aggresive for bitcoin. why not? shareprices will fly if bitcoin prices get higher, and we have maybe good opportunities to invest our bitcoin capital in some months at a good value-gain..

after you settled in your new, hopefully nice, place and the rigs are full running again, we should consider making a motion about a issuing 100 new shares at a price of BTC3 with a aim of buying FPGAS for the 300 Bitcoin + reserves with a goal in july-august-september to organize-order-install the new 'production facilities' Smiley

mila

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 07:34:09 PM

Full disclosure wont prevent you from compensating losses out of pocket, should you feel thats wise.

I'm not getting this. Company earns zero for a given period (p.ex. company is relocating).
Where will dividends come from during that period? No income, no company reserves.
Even death would have problems to take away something in such setup.
So why to expect compensations from the operator?

your ad here:
P4man

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 07:41:08 PM

I'm not getting this. Company earns zero for a given period (p.ex. company is relocating).
Where will dividends come from during that period? No income, no company reserves.
Even death would have problems to take away something in such setup.
So why to expect compensations from the operator?

Where do I say I would expect compensation? The logical thing is not to pay out dividends since there would be no profit.

Still, if Goat for whatever reason, wants to pay out a dividend, he is free to give the company money out of his own pocket and use that to pay for one. But there is no reason that his willingness to do so, would somehow prevent him from providing transparent accounting data of actual revenue and costs to his shareholders. One has nothing to do with the other; goat makes it sound as if shareholders have to chose between a dividend and transparency.

Anyway, it sounds to me like this is not a company owned by shareholders, but more a long term mining contract thats being traded. If thats the case, other terms would be more appropriate.

mila

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 12:56:07 AM

hi, it's most probably a misunderstanding.

In "Full disclosure wont prevent you from compensating losses out of pocket, should you feel thats wise. "
you don't mean "expect compensation", that was only my misunderstanding.

your ad here:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: