Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:44:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: T  (Read 40966 times)
plastic.elastic

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 12:24:19 PM

Sorry for the typo that ended up confusing a ton of people...I meant 3BTC and typed $3.00.  Anyway, glad to see that the 3BTC price has passed and look forward to adding a few shares to my portfolio. 

Anyway, adding a FPGA could be a good investment but wouldn't be a significant part of our hashing power.  I don't know that the cost savings in electricity would be worth the initial outlay especially given the potentially rapid advances in FPGA miners.  On the other hand, investing in a water cooling solution could both greatly increase hashing power at little/no electrical costs.

As I look more and more into this is seems the fans on the radiator might be too loud. We can still do this but I don't know if I cold put it in the office. I will keep digging. Thanks.

Goat, if you're serious of doing watercooling, dont bother with radiator for a big mining farm.

Dig up your backyard (frontyard), and bury about 100' of cooper tubing. (about 6' deep) and you will have NO NOISE for watercooling.

Tips gladly accepted: 1LPaxHPvpzN3FbaGBaZShov3EFafxJDG42
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 12:57:25 PM

Sorry for the typo that ended up confusing a ton of people...I meant 3BTC and typed $3.00.  Anyway, glad to see that the 3BTC price has passed and look forward to adding a few shares to my portfolio. 

Anyway, adding a FPGA could be a good investment but wouldn't be a significant part of our hashing power.  I don't know that the cost savings in electricity would be worth the initial outlay especially given the potentially rapid advances in FPGA miners.  On the other hand, investing in a water cooling solution could both greatly increase hashing power at little/no electrical costs.

As I look more and more into this is seems the fans on the radiator might be too loud. We can still do this but I don't know if I cold put it in the office. I will keep digging. Thanks.

Goat, if you're serious of doing watercooling, dont bother with radiator for a big mining farm.

Dig up your backyard (frontyard), and bury about 100' of cooper tubing. (about 6' deep) and you will have NO NOISE for watercooling.

I think that for now he's only interested in having water cooling for the rig that will be placed in his office and I find it hard to believe that he could dig up the ground next to his office to place cooper tubing even though that would be pretty awesome Cheesy
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 04:02:06 PM

Has anyone received their dividends yet?

I purchased some shares of TyGrr yesterday and have not seen any dividends in my GLBSE account as of today.

I'm assuming dividends show up in the "Asset History" section of GLBSE user account?

Would like to confirm if there is a problem on my end or not.

Thanks,
SJ
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 04:07:57 PM

Mine showed up just fine... I check under Bitcoin History, where they are identified as "dividend".
zapeta

Activity: 180

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 04:23:16 PM

Does water cooling reduce electrical costs? I thought it just helped with noise and heat.
I think what he means is that it helps with the noise and heat without any significant increase in power consumption.

What I was trying to get at is that an investment in water cooling would allow us to run a mining rig in a location where electricity will be free (at Goat's workplace)
StewartJ

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 04:32:13 PM

Mine showed up just fine... I check under Bitcoin History, where they are identified as "dividend".

OK thanks for confirming. Mine did not show up in Bitcoin History.

I need to contact GLBSE and see what is going on.

SJ

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 06:10:49 PM

Timestamp on the dividend was 27/12/2011-11:41 on my end, if you owned your shares before that, my understanding is that you should get your dividend.
StewartJ

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 06:21:16 PM

Timestamp on the dividend was 27/12/2011-11:41 on my end, if you owned your shares before that, my understanding is that you should get your dividend.

Thanks for the info, Loup.

I have passed the timestamp info to GLBSE Support.  Still trying to figure out what happened.

I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for your help folks,
SJ
StewartJ

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 06:40:34 PM

I double checked my account the I have received the dividends after all.

I think may have mis-read the interface, as in, my bad !!!

I received the following dividends for 10 shares: 0.2153225

Was receive with timestamp of 27/12/2011-01:44

Thanks everyone, lets continue mining them BTCs....

SJ
StewartJ

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 07:39:56 PM

A couple of questions as I continue researching the history of this enterprise:

What was the original price for the initial IPOs shares?

What are the BIB.goat shares?

Thanks!
SJ
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2011, 08:59:34 PM

All trades on GLBSE are recorded on our twitter account, so you can search for the ticker symbol and then view the earlier post. The amount is in Satoishis.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 05:04:19 AM

See this thread for details.

plastic.elastic

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 05:05:30 AM

I think that for now he's only interested in having water cooling for the rig that will be placed in his office and I find it hard to believe that he could dig up the ground next to his office to place cooper tubing even though that would be pretty awesome Cheesy

My suggestion was for his farm, if he wants to run a rig at his office, obviously watercooling is out of the question due to maintenance and risk

Tips gladly accepted: 1LPaxHPvpzN3FbaGBaZShov3EFafxJDG42
StewartJ

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 06:32:43 AM

Thanks,I have scanned through the threads. Trying to understand how this bond fits in with TyGrr business plan.

Is the return on investment in the 1-2% range per share, and no dividend payouts ?  What is the incentive to invest in this Bond?

Please excuse my novice questions.

SJ

StewartJ

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 06:50:02 AM

Thanks,I have scanned through the threads. Trying to understand how this bond fits in with TyGrr business plan.

Is the return on investment in the 1-2% range per share, and no dividend payouts ?  What is the incentive to invest in this Bond?

Please excuse my novice questions.

SJ

I don't mean to be rude but please next time ask in the BIB.goat thread Wink

Buying this bond is going long bitcoin AND getting a 1% a month return. It is better than just holding bitcoin, might not be as good as TyGrr Tech stock however!  Tongue

OK sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying.
illpoet

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 11:38:16 PM

proud owner of 1/1500th of this company.

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 04:41:34 AM

i don't get everything on all of this - but i will buy some shares. 3 or something, cause this stuff sounds as good as EYE OF THE TYGRR!
StewartJ

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 07:34:03 AM

i don't get everything on all of this - but i will buy some shares. 3 or something, cause this stuff sounds as good as EYE OF THE TYGRR!

Money in the bank. TyGrrr pays good dividends.

With BTC price climbing I see good things for this mining enterprise and its shareholders. I own 20 shares!
gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 03:36:18 PM

..is it normal for the GLBSE page to .. "refresh" for hours?! - it seems like totally frozen.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 03:40:51 PM

..is it normal for the GLBSE page to .. "refresh" for hours?! - it seems like totally frozen.

glbse's backend is down at the moment. :/

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: