Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:35:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KopiemTu 3.0 - ethash & equihash - NVIDIA USB linux distro  (Read 39764 times)
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:19:21 AM

btw, nVidia + KopiemTu allows for 2 weeks of holiday without any hashrate impact for GPU farm Smiley

I will probably say 1 month Smiley
and without monitor running  Grin
btw I got the fan control totally automated working Smiley
if interested i'll post howto

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
induktor

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:20:38 AM

Boot occurent error "not enough memory to load specified image".
Motherboard: MSI B350m Pro Gaming
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz

Has anyone had this problem? SO version 3.0
what flash drive are you using? what capacity? 16GB is recommended.

avoid kingston and verbatim crap, sandisk and adata seems to be the best ones for this.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 08:46:05 AM

btw, nVidia + KopiemTu allows for 2 weeks of holiday without any hashrate impact for GPU farm Smiley

I will probably say 1 month Smiley
and without monitor running  Grin
btw I got the fan control totally automated working Smiley
if interested i'll post howto

always interested ...

please do ...

#crysx

iulius99

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:16:08 AM

Hello! Has anyone tried to load the drivers for AMD video cards ... to see if it works?
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:22:30 AM

hey guys. I'm back from the dead after almost a year.  Yup, the BTC and pinkcoin pump brought me back Smiley Luckily I found some old coins lying around in backed up wallets Smiley

Looking to build just one rig to get started again.  Still have an old Biostar H81 Hifi board that's still working great as my main computer.  Might turn it into a rig and move to a laptop now.

Do the old cards (950, 960, 970, 980) still work with the new kopiemtu?  Any suggestions on what to mine to hold long-term?

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
Dig-Dug

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:28:19 PM

Mining n00b here. I've owned BTC for couple years, and I bought ETH back when it was less than $12. I've purchased several GTX 1070s and am working on configuring my first rig. Planning to try out KopiemTu. If it works out (I'm also a Linux n00b), beer money coming your way jk_14!
anubisbr

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:43:30 PM

Hi OP,

I saw this and downloading it now.

However, quick question; can I use it on a GEForce 8400GS? 

Its an old piece of Hardware, which is lying around and wanted to check it out.  And would like to run it on a VM.

Thanks,
induktor

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:06:30 AM

hey guys. I'm back from the dead after almost a year.  Yup, the BTC and pinkcoin pump brought me back Smiley Luckily I found some old coins lying around in backed up wallets Smiley

Looking to build just one rig to get started again.  Still have an old Biostar H81 Hifi board that's still working great as my main computer.  Might turn it into a rig and move to a laptop now.

Do the old cards (950, 960, 970, 980) still work with the new kopiemtu?  Any suggestions on what to mine to hold long-term?
Woooow hashbrown9000 !!! nice to have you back! it's been a while!  Smiley

you can use the kopiemtu 2.0 (my mod#3 was made for the 970 AFAIR), not sure about the kopiemtu 3, but it should work fine with 970 and 980, i don't think they will work with the other low end cards.

still i would recommend, that, as soon as you can, sell them, and get 1060, 1070 and 1080s because the power efficiency is incredible.

good to have you back!
hope you're ok and making big bucks  Grin
cheers!
indkt

induktor

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:09:29 AM

Hi OP,

Its an old piece of Hardware, which is lying around and wanted to check it out.  And would like to run it on a VM.

Thanks,

Hi
Nope, 8400GS is ancient.

maxwell and pascal only
cheers
indkt.

iulius99

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:04:26 AM

Hello again!  Nobody has answered me yet ... can I change the drivers?
I have not tried yet but  I think if Kopiem  it's derived from Lubuntu (Ubuntu) with that drivers ,  can be upgraded.
But I was interested if i  make these changes, monitors from GUI still work? ... and if it's possible to change the miner from ccminer to claymore ... and the monitor still works ...
th00ber

Activity: 789
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 09:09:22 AM

Hello again!  Nobody has answered me yet ... can I change the drivers?
I have not tried yet but  I think if Kopiem  it's derived from Lubuntu (Ubuntu) with that drivers ,  can be upgraded.
But I was interested if i  make these changes, monitors from GUI still work? ... and if it's possible to change the miner from ccminer to claymore ... and the monitor still works ...
KopiemTu is based on nvidia drivers and NVIDIA utils.
It do not support AMD ... even if you install the drivers, I think that the monitoring will not work because it's not plugged to amd tools to list gpu and manage them.

Probably JK can confirm ?
shashilx

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:15:25 PM

the download link is dead may be someone provide me with file so I host it for everyone?
ballou59

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:25:45 AM

Hi,

Thank's for you job.
I would like download KopiemTu 3.0 but the link is dead.
For donate its possible with paypal.
I am a beginner I do not have a bitcoin.

Thank's
diehard2k9

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:26:18 PM

Hi OP,

Thanks,

Hi
Nope, 8400GS is ancient.

maxwell and pascal only
cheers
indkt.

What about Nvidia GRID M40? the one that has 4 GPUs on them with 4GB each for a total of 16GB?
zenxv

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 06:14:26 PM

There are a few things with the opening post - first, the links to the litecoin forum no longer work as it was archived... and the download link doesn't work either.

I'd host it myself until jk_14 comes back, but it's a 3Gig file (zipped) - if anyone knows of a good way to share, let me know.

About to see if I can get it to work now, if so, there'll be six beers in it.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 06:23:36 PM

There are a few things with the opening post - first, the links to the litecoin forum no longer work as it was archived... and the download link doesn't work either.

I'd host it myself until jk_14 comes back, but it's a 3Gig file (zipped) - if anyone knows of a good way to share, let me know.

About to see if I can get it to work now, if so, there'll be six beers in it.

if anyone has a link - ill do it ...

ill upload it to the mega storage and share from there ...

does anyone know of the git link ( if there is one ) - so i can have a look at the code please? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

zenxv

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 07:33:36 PM

does anyone know of the git link ( if there is one ) - so i can have a look at the code please? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

I know jk_14 uses a mobi cash link to make money on the downloads, hence reluctance to share too widely, but I've put it up on my Google Drive for now temporarily.  If you could move it to mega storage crysx that'd be great - I'll delete at the end of the weekend.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Ozcr0rrJnTNlFHdW84ck14bUk/view?usp=sharing

Zip just contains an image file, once you have the img file if you burn it to a pendrive you can see the code - don't think there's a git project!

Struggling to find out how to overclock my cards with the system, also how to use equihash or ethash miners (neo, lbry & lyra2rev2 working plug & play but have to run zec separately & ethminer doesn't want to work - can see which files to edit but not sure what to put in them).  

If anyone has links to instructions I'd appreciate it - got as far as getting the coolbit setting right, then I can't do anymore!

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 08:56:08 AM

tanx ...

#crysx

I know jk_14 uses a mobi cash link to make money on the downloads, hence reluctance to share too widely, but I've put it up on my Google Drive for now temporarily.  If you could move it to mega storage crysx that'd be great - I'll delete at the end of the weekend.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Ozcr0rrJnTNlFHdW84ck14bUk/view?usp=sharing

Zip just contains an image file, once you have the img file if you burn it to a pendrive you can see the code - don't think there's a git project!

Struggling to find out how to overclock my cards with the system, also how to use equihash or ethash miners (neo, lbry & lyra2rev2 working plug & play but have to run zec separately & ethminer doesn't want to work - can see which files to edit but not sure what to put in them).  

If anyone has links to instructions I'd appreciate it - got as far as getting the coolbit setting right, then I can't do anymore!

tanx ...

ill do this in the next few days ( its weekend here ) - as ive also too much on my plate right this second ... but monday tuesday will be good ...

oc is not something we do - we work of stock clocks for all our cards ... but depending on the card you are using ( highend maxwell or upper range pascal ) - and also depending on the os ( we are NOT debian based os people - rhel only ) then nvidia-smi should be able to do it ...

under rhel / fedora 25 x64 - nvidia-smi controls pretty much all the functions on the gigabyte aorus 1080ti extreme cards ... this includes powerlimit as well as gpuclock and memclock ... have a mess around with it ... i have NO idea whether it will work with kopiemtu - as its an ubuntu based distro from memory ... but it 'should' work on the higher end cards ...

ill download now - then come back in a day or so to assign it - and publish a download link ...

i find it a LOT easier to git the full distro - then recode from there ... but it IS big - so i dunno how github feel about that ...

tanx for your help mate ...

#crysx

zenxv

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 04:15:17 PM

tanx ...

ill do this in the next few days ( its weekend here ) - as ive also too much on my plate right this second ... but monday tuesday will be good ...

oc is not something we do - we work of stock clocks for all our cards ... but depending on the card you are using ( highend maxwell or upper range pascal ) - and also depending on the os ( we are NOT debian based os people - rhel only ) then nvidia-smi should be able to do it ...

under rhel / fedora 25 x64 - nvidia-smi controls pretty much all the functions on the gigabyte aorus 1080ti extreme cards ... this includes powerlimit as well as gpuclock and memclock ... have a mess around with it ... i have NO idea whether it will work with kopiemtu - as its an ubuntu based distro from memory ... but it 'should' work on the higher end cards ...

ill download now - then come back in a day or so to assign it - and publish a download link ...

i find it a LOT easier to git the full distro - then recode from there ... but it IS big - so i dunno how github feel about that ...

tanx for your help mate ...

#crysx

No worries, I'll leave it up til midweek!  I get an error about "can't connect to Mir" when I'm trying to change the values on the cards - if anything I want to underclock them instead of overclocking them, as Kopiemtu is overworking the cards with the default settings & I'm getting constant reboots.  I've changed the powerlimit, but it isn't enough.

Gone back to Windows for now, but can definitely see the advantage of a Linux based system.  Will also revisit this next weekend!

Appreciate your help!

Quixote_55

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:24:03 PM

Had an issue I cannot figure out how to resolve.  Running 3.0 with a 750ti mining rig.  I did the thing listed here to remove the ccminer_all and point it at ccminer to support the older cards.  Works great for most coins except for two.

If I try to mine Monero or Decred I get an error when I start miners that the power limit of 150W is too high.  (I agree 150w is way too high an upper limit for 750ti cards.) 

Can I change this in the .conf files?  Or do I have to go elsewhere?  I think the error message said it expects something between 30-50w or something in that range.

I spent a lot of time searching these forums but I am not able to figure out how to change this.  Thanks in advance.

Quixote

PS  all the various miners listed in the tips that point to mbl.cash domains have died it seems.  Anyone know an alternate host site?  Was just trying to get my rig setup to be able to mine a handful of altcoins I think could maybe have legs so I can build up a small stake of each.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: