Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:44:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people still fall victim to obvious scam?  (Read 5068 times)
DoubleEdgeEX

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2020, 06:55:56 AM

Greed and the feeling of false hope are seductive to people who are already in financial trouble. It´s like the Matthew effect kicks in, the rich gets richer and the poor get poorer. Emotions whatever kind of were always bad advisors for investing. The whole situation just showed that there is still a lot of educating to do.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 07:08:19 AM

For newbies without any crypto knowledge it won't be that easy to smell any foul play or detect any scam activities in a project or any crypto things, this is why its best for new crypto comers to first take their time to so research and seek for knowledge about crypto safety before spending a penny on crypto

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ancafe

Activity: 1624
Merit: 693

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 07:13:29 AM

Just to get it cheap will always get the humans to see things right anytime without investigate the sources of the gifts. Of a truth, obvious scams are what makes many in this industry fall for scammers, imagine asking the victims to send their hard earned money to get double of their deposits. That's outright greediness on the part of those victims.
the harsh reality, many people are attracted to capital that is not so large, but the results are very large. people prefer to take risks by choosing investments like that rather than choosing investments that are certain. although the capital is large with a small profit, but it is better than the opposite. Scammers sometimes use things like that to attract people, and of course many are interested in it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 07:14:30 AM

People want to earn easy money and we know that this doesn't exist, they still think that will earn easy
Many people are greedy to earn for short period, the reason why they are falling to scam because of lack of knowledge and didnt conduct a research. Its a human nature to let their emotion control them when it comes to money.

To prevent ourselves becoming a victim of scammers think many times before engaging yoursef in an investment with a high return in a short time frame, thats shady and most likely a scam.

Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 07:21:52 AM

People want to earn easy money and we know that this doesn't exist, they still think that will earn easy
Who thought that making money would be easy to do? anyone will not be easy to make money at this time, let alone in crypto, in the real world it is very difficult to find the name of money, so think logically.
bayudndy

Activity: 823
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 07:32:41 AM

Because they did not research before investing, in addition they were greedy when choosing low altcoins and hoped it would be pumped one day. I used to be like that when I first joined this market, and now I have learned a lot of experience from it.
SillyGirl

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 07:51:45 AM

When it's to good to be true then it's usually a no go. That's with this scam. Scammers are so shameless and unfortunately a lot of people fell for it. I found this article about the hack:
Twitter Hackers Seek Bitcoin Donations By Hacking Accounts of Famous Personalities, Businesses and Politicians
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 07:26:00 PM

Most of the people who got scammed are new comers. Mostly when thwy enter market thwy thought that this market is full of profit. There is no red days. And they trust any ads which make them rich over night.Soo they go for the scam instead of good projects. Few those who decided to learn first are not go for this time of scam. The only thing you can do to not ended with scam is learn. observe the market first, do your own research and then go for investment.

CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 11:35:51 AM

Scammers are much better to do anything, most especially in fraudulent activities. Maybe we don't care due to the unexpected difficulties even though it is an obvious scam, usually, people always have the right suspicion and always dare to have the latter. Actually, because of this kind of attitude, we lead scammers free to enter anytime and the problem is not the only one who has victims in two seconds.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
@baoli

Activity: 1162

Base.protocol

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 01:42:34 PM

For you to evade scam at least you need to have a little knowledge by experience or someone's story, because it is not easy. Scammers come in different forms. Just be careful and do your best.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 02:54:17 PM

Because people are a broad term with both smart and dumb into it. Like we can't stop the nature of the dumb people and they will keep falling for the obvious scams. The only thing we can do is reduce it.
This is so true, it's never possible to totally stop scams since some people will always fall for even the obvious scams. Many measures have been put inplace to reduce scams over time, yet it still persists. The big question is, when will people stop being greedy? When will people use common sense to differentiate between scams and legit investments? If greed factor is taken away, most people won't easily fall for scams promising unrealistic ROI.
funex

Activity: 573

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 03:17:53 PM

I wont completely blame those who are still falling for scammers , some of them may be newbies who do not understand the cryptoworld and how to identify scammers . Remember the scammers wont announce that they are one. another father is greed , this a times even affect those who are old in crypto . They want to sell their assets high or buy low as such they may refuse to use Escrow or Exchange  just becasue the price favours them either to buy or sell.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 04:06:49 PM

As for me personally, even when I first came to crypto and was a beginner, I was very careful when investing in this or that project. I could be wrong with the choice of airdrop or bounty, it upset me, but not too much, since I was only losing my time, but not money. But I still think that it's not greedy people who often fall for scam tricks, but mixed-up and gullible people.
criket

Activity: 896
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 04:11:51 PM

As for me personally, even when I first came to crypto and was a beginner, I was very careful when investing in this or that project. I could be wrong with the choice of airdrop or bounty, it upset me, but not too much, since I was only losing my time, but not money. But I still think that it's not greedy people who often fall for scam tricks, but mixed-up and gullible people.
When you start, it seems like you have a good observation not to rush into having crypto assets. because observing the market and some good projects not only in their markets. but our project and team development must also look at it and examine it for future planning. I was almost caught up in an investment suggested by a friend to buy some crypto assets, but fortunately, I did not buy it.
qigong13

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 05:32:29 PM

You can't stop people from falling to scam, both in real life and in the cryptocurrency scene. There is always a gullible person not knowing any better and falling for a scam. Why do you ask? Because they're a greedy person that wants to get rich quickly.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 05:41:53 PM

You can't stop people from falling to scam, both in real life and in the cryptocurrency scene. There is always a gullible person not knowing any better and falling for a scam. Why do you ask? Because they're a greedy person that wants to get rich quickly.
Or maybe they are new to this cryptocurrency system and don't know a thing about it and think that this is a regular thing for Crypto related people to giveaway coins for free or sending them our coins and they would just double our money.  Or it can be as you said that they are greedy and think that it is easy money or free money that they can easily make in no time at all and that person is very clever that he could this wonderful tweet which no one found till now.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Review Master

Activity: 1428
Merit: 275

BitByte Crypto: https://link3.to/bitbytecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 06:53:34 PM

You are right.About 90% users of crypto/internet are falling into a scam because of their greediness. Now the question is " Why do they become greedy one?". The answer is simple: all have any kind of problems and money is the main problem because it need everywhere. It's true, When you get money problem, you will get all other problems as well. That's why more users/persons want to make money, but in a short time and for this reason they become blind to verify/judge anything on cryptospace and blindly trust them. At the end, they get themselves into the trap of  scammers.

▄▄ BITBYTE CRYPTO ▄▄
Be A Crypto Veteran Together
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   TWITTER | TG GROUP | TG CHANNEL | YOUTUBE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
gikere

Activity: 171
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 07:42:16 PM

I think there is only one reason for this: greed.

People are greedy and most of the times they know there is a scam but they hope they can get out before it falls down. Mostly they couldn't.
Yeah, most victim of a scam is 10% of naive idiots while 90% of greedy pigs who thinks they could pull out and make a sizeable profit. Heck, most scams just exploit the greed of people to work so I don't have any empathy for the victim of obvious scams.
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 07:52:01 PM

Why do people still fall victims to obvious scams? Especially on twitter people are still sending bitcoin to traders, no one is a perfect trader, do not send bitcoin or other coins to people to trade for you, its stupid and foolish idea

Today a bitcoin trader on twitter exit scam and delete all traces off social media, i heard its about 53bitcoin, here is the link to the news

https://coinnewstelegraph.com/bitmex-bitcoin-fund-manager-exit-scams-before-christmas/

Pls stop, there is no such thing as easy money, its either you learn or you quit or else you will keep losing money
It's good that you tell a true story and warn people of mistakes. But the one who has to learn will certainly make a mistake and draw a conclusion from it. It rarely happens that people learn from the mistakes of others.

Mister.Satan

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 06:33:53 PM

So people make common mistakes and fall for obvious scams are usually newbies or just someone greedy? How about both? Lack of knowledge but only greed is sure the only type of people falls for obvious scams like this. I wouldn't call them as victims since they clearly brought this upon themself. If you don't have the proper knowledge of some new and strange things, you should feel scared and try to avoid it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: