Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:01:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people still fall victim to obvious scam?  (Read 5074 times)
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 09:48:19 PM

There are still a lot of new people coming into crypto every day. When you have no experience then it can happen pretty quickly to be tricked into buying a scam coin.
Plus i think the average age of people that are attracted by crypto is pretty young and teenagers are also more likely to be victims of scams then adult people.
That's the reason why you should only invest what you can afford to lose and not 1 cent more.
Old members never do it again, or after hearing losing money from scam traders. By any medium old members knew about the scam problem. It's a long story. One scammer PM told me about problems and benefits of sending money. I told him to send a few USD to withdraw my money, then the scammer vanished. Actually scam traders are also the same, they can trade with their money. Why do we invest in their trade?

Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 09:51:57 PM

People still fall victim to obvious scam because of mainly two things - ignorance and greed. I've seen this again and again over the years.

It's probably not going to go away any time soon, newb plebs keep coming in in hords and they lack the experience to spot an obvious scam and get scamed.
Rikotin

Activity: 296
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 03:25:06 AM

this is based on my experience, that Only newbies could easily fall victim to these types of scams as they heard that they can easily make money in crypto that’s the reason why they jumped in immediately without thinking twice. Its a lesson for some but other still don’t learn from their mistakes.
cute nmp

Activity: 1708
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 03:07:18 PM

Obviously at the stage in crytocurrency people should not fall for such obvious scams.It was in the early stage where one has little or no knowledge about crytocurrency that people were scammed .Nowadays many people know about so many scams projects so it is hardly enough to cheat anymore unless Newcomers that have little knowledge about it.

▀███▄     enterapp.io   |   CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK     ▄███▀
▀█▄ ▀█▄          PRE-SALE IS LIVE          ▄█▀ ▄█▀
Francis Freeman

Activity: 1005
Merit: 502

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 06:52:54 AM

then the trader would not need our money because they can use their own money from profit.
That is the point, it is impossible for people to beg for other people's money if they are able to create higher profits. Stay careful, don't be hooked by signals and create fake profits, in fact they are just scammers.

As we see now the Defi trend are very hot today and most of new project are very clearly managed by scammer that hiding their identity but still so many peoples joined their project because they want to be part of the trending trend of Defi project. Which are lead to their loss. We all want to make some money but supporting scam projects will lead a bleeding market again soon.

Some people are joining the scams just to ride the wave. They think that they can get in early and get out before the dump. I personally feel that it is really really risky.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
WiND33

Activity: 483
Merit: 107

nvzntoken.com

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 07:01:32 AM

Obviously at the stage in crytocurrency people should not fall for such obvious scams.It was in the early stage where one has little or no knowledge about crytocurrency that people were scammed .Nowadays many people know about so many scams projects so it is hardly enough to cheat anymore unless Newcomers that have little knowledge about it.
Yes, there are a lot of frauds even in large ICOs. I remember the Envion scam project. I invested the money, but did not receive it back, although there was a lot of hype and the "project" itself raised more than $ 100 million. It seems like a year ago some kind of legal proceedings were initiated, where it was possible to return the money, but, as it turned out, this is for those who paid with bank cards. And people like me got nothing. It's all cheating and a lottery.

► INVIZION ◄ ♦ Envisioning a Simpler, Cleaner and Better Future ♦ ► INVIZION ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Instagram|Facebook|Telegram|LinkedIn|Youtube
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 07:06:45 AM

There are still a lot of new people coming into crypto every day. When you have no experience then it can happen pretty quickly to be tricked into buying a scam coin.
Plus i think the average age of people that are attracted by crypto is pretty young and teenagers are also more likely to be victims of scams then adult people.
That's the reason why you should only invest what you can afford to lose and not 1 cent more.
It is not that there are many young people, it is just that the participants are greedy and want to get rich quickly. that is why they are always subjected to sweet talk by scammers and then send their entire money to them. sadly for such a generation.
I think we should compile a book on the basics of the crypto market so that many newcomers can read and take a more serious attitude towards making money in the crypto market.
dre1982

Activity: 770
Merit: 284

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 07:11:14 AM

It is not that there are many young people, it is just that the participants are greedy and want to get rich quickly. that is why they are always subjected to sweet talk by scammers and then send their entire money to them. sadly for such a generation.
I think we should compile a book on the basics of the crypto market so that many newcomers can read and take a more serious attitude towards making money in the crypto market.

A book is so 90's.  Grin

The idea is good but you must find a way to let it know to all the newcomers and that's impossible. Maybe there must come some campaign where all the biggers crypto exchanges/news sites/forums and so on participate in which all link to a website with all the information they need to know to start in the crypto world.

The biggest lesson they should learn 'if it sounds to be true it's a scam'.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 09:01:31 AM

A book is so 90's.  Grin

The idea is good but you must find a way to let it know to all the newcomers and that's impossible. <snip>

Google is free. Internet is everywhere.
It's always accessible almostly for everyone, search and make background checking before jumping in to an investment, specially if you are a newbie to that kind of investment.
If you don't do it, your money will be on high risk of losing.

As far as I know there are websites that are very helpful on checking if that investment is a scam, they usually warns people to stay away from it because the offer does not really makes sense.
Mostly too good to be true. Forums are one of the best, don't be shy to ask and the answer that you are seeking will be given.

Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 09:44:06 PM

Yes, there are a lot of frauds even in large ICOs. I remember the Envion scam project. I invested the money, but did not receive it back, although there was a lot of hype and the "project" itself raised more than $ 100 million. It seems like a year ago some kind of legal proceedings were initiated, where it was possible to return the money, but, as it turned out, this is for those who paid with bank cards. And people like me got nothing. It's all cheating and a lottery.

It's almost strange to read of people who get scammed by scammy ICO's. Everyone need to do better research before putting their hard earned funds into something that will leave them holding the bag. Scam ICO's have been around for many years now and should surprise noone.
Plinteng

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

https://goldeth.io/

View Profile
September 29, 2020, 09:28:39 PM

I think, It is not only applicable to new one only , now scammer are targeting experienced individual as well . Those who are new to crypto are easy target because of their greed to instant double their money or get free money. Experience individuals are also getting targeted by well planned ico and website which look genuine.

Where Digital Assets Meet Real Life Value!
GETH     [   DECENTRALIZED GOLD   ] (https://goldeth.io/)
[url=https://x.com/goldethcryp
Lavander

Activity: 369
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 08:03:35 AM

The strength of such scam sites is that they appear so beautiful and reliable that many people cannot distinguish between real organizations. There are also organizations that take a really sophisticated approach, to copying entire websites. It is then very difficult for a layman to distinguish, I can imagine that many people easily fall into this trap.
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 09:16:39 AM

Why do people still fall victims to obvious scams? Especially on twitter people are still sending bitcoin to traders, no one is a perfect trader, do not send bitcoin or other coins to people to trade for you, its stupid and foolish idea

Today a bitcoin trader on twitter exit scam and delete all traces off social media, i heard its about 53bitcoin, here is the link to the news

https://coinnewstelegraph.com/bitmex-bitcoin-fund-manager-exit-scams-before-christmas/

Pls stop, there is no such thing as easy money, its either you learn or you quit or else you will keep losing money

I would say lack of the appropriate knowledge and understanding of the crypto space, lack of contentment and greediness. Talking about the first point, those who sent their Bitcoin to the trader for the purpose of helping them to trade, lacks the appropriate knowledge of the crypto space and that's it, because if they do, they will understand they can actually learn how to trade then understanding that even a trade can go against the trader and his analysis. The last two (lack of contentment and greediness), is what has been leading people astray, because they tend to believe most fake giveaways without asking themselves questions of how true it is and probably doing their own study about the giveaways flying around on Twitter. So all I can say, learn how to trade as that is the best way, also be careful of giveaways on Twitter because 95% are fake, and also asking the team of the project first before doing anything is very important.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 09:42:08 AM

The strength of such scam sites is that they appear so beautiful and reliable that many people cannot distinguish between real organizations. There are also organizations that take a really sophisticated approach, to copying entire websites. It is then very difficult for a layman to distinguish, I can imagine that many people easily fall into this trap.
many people are just in cryptocurrency for profits sake and that is the main reason as to why they are investing in these cryptocurrencies. So once a project is claiming to give high returns than the rest of the industry, these greedy people gets interested in the project and invest their cryptocurrencies in those projects and gets scammed. Also many newbies are also the victims of these scams that I have seen because of the lack of experience that they have in investing and also filtering out the scam projects.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 11:05:30 AM

The reason why people are still falling victim to scammer, is because most of them lack personal research. As a trader before you purchase or sell any product in the market you suppose know that the product you are about to buy or sell is a real product that will put smile on your face at the end of the transaction.

Scammer are everywhere in the areas of exchange. As an investors before you invest your coins in any project more information is needed before you to know if the project you are about to invest is a wrong project or right project. Many fail to take their time to study the project very well because they think all project are good project.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
pinggoki

Activity: 1512
Merit: 417

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 11:56:17 AM

Why do people still fall victims to obvious scams? Especially on twitter people are still sending bitcoin to traders, no one is a perfect trader, do not send bitcoin or other coins to people to trade for you, its stupid and foolish idea

Today a bitcoin trader on twitter exit scam and delete all traces off social media, i heard its about 53bitcoin, here is the link to the news

https://coinnewstelegraph.com/bitmex-bitcoin-fund-manager-exit-scams-before-christmas/

Pls stop, there is no such thing as easy money, its either you learn or you quit or else you will keep losing money
First of all, why would you let anyone else trade for you? You shouldn't entrust your money to anyone, if you can't trade then try to study. It wouldn't be that hard if it is fundamentals and as long as you are eager to learn.
Next thing is that I'm pretty sure that they are newbies because there's no way a well-experienced one will fall into this kind of scheme. I feel bad for the victim and I hope that this will be a lesson for them to not let anyone trade for them instead do it yourself.
Lantind

Activity: 2324
Merit: 263

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 12:10:19 PM

This is perfectly simple, just use your head to the full extent is is capable of. Sounds easy right, still people get scamed. Stay away from from the projects that promise you easy money and huge returns, nothing is guaranteed in life, and when it comes to making money be very careful.
Yes, everyone obviously has to use their heads to think, because without careful thinking someone will obviously not get anything, meaning that everyone must consider the promises of the project team in their various offers, because they are also humans who can break those promises.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 01:12:18 PM

It is a never ending drama in the crypto market. There will always be a scam because there are lot of  people who don't even know what crypto is due to the fact that it is not globally adopted yet. Some other countries are just starting to be exposed with this kind of digital things so expect them to learn little by little.
int03h

Activity: 532
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 01:29:04 PM

People act according to the majority because they don't have their own opinion. Many people invest in others. They think it's a trend and they want to stick with it to make money. Such thinking is wrong. All should be checked. They must think carefully before acting.
I see news channels like telegram wanting to attract users, twitter too ... they all have the same goal of directing us to projects that are close to their souls. Without any real warnings or comparisons, they just want us to get on the same boat and take the same risk.
sangjoewara

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 02:23:32 PM

It is a never ending drama in the crypto market. There will always be a scam because there are lot of  people who don't even know what crypto is due to the fact that it is not globally adopted yet. Some other countries are just starting to be exposed with this kind of digital things so expect them to learn little by little.
Yes, but we ourselves must always learn for new things in crypto, because the crypto world is very full of new knowledge and even new trends are always born every year, because someone who only knows and does nothing in crypto, is the same it's like he doesn't know anything about crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: