Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:48:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins To take seriously:  (Read 14958 times)
nagatlakshmi

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 04:39:25 AM

add Xedoscoin.

lamontweaver

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 04:49:29 AM

Fecescoin definitely

I agree, Fecescoin is the shit!

TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:07:01 AM

Anyone care to expand on blackcoin and darkcoin more? I put a little into blackcoin already and also am thinking about darkcoin.

I'm impressed with blackcoin's price resiliency to the hack/stolen coins today (and the fact that hackers would think it valuable enough to steal, I suppose). 

I'm interested in darkcoin's privacy aspect.

Thoughts on how serious to take these two?

I honestly don't know enough about Blackcoin, must look into it, but here is a bit of info on Darkcoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0

Darkcoin has a full time developer named Evan Duffield (eduffield) who has already put so many innovations in the coin, it's far above and beyond any other coin.

1.  new algorithm to keep ASICs at bay, X-11.  other coins have already copied this algorithm, as soon as 1 day after Darkcoin's launch!

2.  New way to calculate rewards based on difficulty, a version of Moore's law 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)

3.  When KGW was found to have an Achilles heel with a time warp exploit, Evan came up with his own Difficulty Retargeting solution and called it Dark Gravity Wave, DGW, and it follows the difficulty changes like  glove, it's amazing.

4. And the real reason for Darkcoin's existence is DarkSend.  DarkSend is the technology behind Darkcoin's anonymous transaction features.  They are implemented inside the wallet in a decentralized, trustless solution.  We are currently in Beta 5 (actually skipped Beta 4) and it's running on the main net.  You can find the white paper at the above link.

What is really great is that Darkcoin is way undervalued still, we have no idea why?  But it's currently been slowly creeping up in value, so it's a great time to purchase Darkcoin as part of your portfolio.  We have practically no history of pumping and dumping (except for a rather long story in the beginning where someone got ahold of bitcoin that didn't belong to them on C-CEX, bought up all the Darkcoin they could with it, then transferred it to Cryptsie where they sold all the dark coin off in a huge dump.  This is where you'll see a very strange peak and valley in, I think it was, early February)

This is a serious coin, we know we have a good thing, but we have not been good at getting the word out.  I feel awkward writing all this, but I've decided that I have to do my part to spread the word.  Even a brilliant coin is nothing without a community, and we've been a quiet bunch who don't seem to want to stick our heads outside the forum just to have it chopped off by Blue Meanies! LOL.

I myself have bought a bunch of this coin about 2 weeks ago at above 0.0016 btc a couple of weeks ago, it's currently trading around 0.00142 or so, so I can tell you it's still an excellent time to invest.  DarkSend will soon be out of beta and when it is, we expect things will quickly change.

There you have it.  I only want to deliver information, maybe with a little of my own opinion.   I honestly believe in this coin, and hope I come across as a person delivering information and not hype.  If you've read this, I thank you for doing so, and hope you will join us 

I forgot one fact, Evan has added over 10,000 lines of code to the 'ol bitcoin wallet/system.  When Darksend is released, it will be open source but people will not be able to easily just implement the code in their coin, it will take someone with a lot of skill to do so .

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
dailyarsenal

Activity: 98

To The Moon!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:10:59 AM

HoboNickels is a great coin too. Great stake and pretty stable. Oh did I mention it has good devs too Grin

BTC: 13Yg1PwgBFTxyKpGY3393jDJeqNTFNijjH | HOBO: hXzbM3jzvYxrFts7y9zTwmLUJLyw2RYQM | WARNING: Pre-mine or IPO without escrow = SCAM
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:13:44 PM

vertcoin is really candidate for next big thing!

huntercoin is another serious business. real application based on block chain. you can't miss it.

timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:33:11 AM

If you haven't gotten in on SolarCoin (SLR) yet, you need to!  The trade volume is rising every day at allcrypt.com, one of the exchanges that trades it.  Don't delay!

Solarcoin!
beetterer1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:44:49 AM

Your point of view I mostly agree, the prospect of bitcoin is certainly depends on the market, the people need him, he will be there, or else will soon disappear in the eyes of the people.
precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 01:56:37 AM

If you haven't gotten in on SolarCoin (SLR) yet, you need to!  The trade volume is rising every day at allcrypt.com, one of the exchanges that trades it.  Don't delay!

Solarcoin!

I've seen it, nothing innovative IMO.

n3lz0n

Activity: 618

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:59:44 PM

Coin2 (C2)

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:03:33 AM

Darkcoin
s4w3d0ff

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Spray and Pray

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:11:36 AM

Cryptographic Anomaly will take over... keep an eye on it  Wink

CGAnomaly.com

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
leoragraves666

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:14:49 AM

BTC prooved itself, litecoin too, rest is crap so far ...

PC & Mac repairs
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 01:23:50 AM

The Try Hards: Potentials for outbreak. Depends on market's outlook.
Megacoin
Worldcoin
Feathercoin
Quark

These are all shit premined / instamined scam coins.

Megacoin - 22 Million Coins
Worldcoin - 49.5 Million Coins
Feathercoin - 37.5 Million Coins
Quark - 247.6 Million Coins

+1 Yeah, was just going to say the same thing. Replace those with DGC and SRC.

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 02:06:05 AM

SEcurecoin looks interesting. What was most noticeable supports blake and sha-3 (at least for me). My one question is, what came first? This or Myarid?

cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:26:43 AM

Bagholders festival right here
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:21:18 AM

NEM coin is my favorite.

With biggest IPO in history of all cryptos....

Nem will be BTC's brother.

And maybe ripple....protocol

IOTA
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:30:57 AM

Day 3 new girl...

So no sooner do I learn bitcoin is rapidly wedging a place in the world as a viable alternative currency, now I learn there are a slew of other ones.

Bitcoin has legs. Real world businesses are beginning to use it, accept it, or facilitate it.

If none of these other altcoins do that, their days would be numbered. What's the reason they exist? Can they be created or earned in some measurable and fair way and cashed out for real products and services or are they all strictly an in world currency for an in world economy?

I know I can go to Starbucks and buy coffee with bitcoin. I know I can shop with a gyft card and use bitcoin.

Anybody take neatocoin? darkcoin? litecoin? dogecoin? kickincoin? etal? No, nor do they have a clue what it is and frankly all of these actually sound like scamcoin for that reason alone...and even harder of a journey to be accepted in any mainstream way. It's going to be even harder without a real focus on the PR aspect to even get noticed outside bitcoin when bitcoin's PR is low grade.

What benefit do these altcoins give us at the end of the day?

Thanks!

(not knocking, just asking)

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:38:01 AM

NEM coin is my favorite.

I hope you're joking... if not, you're fuckun dumb.
Wilburbone

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:49:15 AM

NEM coin is my favorite.

NXT
NEM
MAYBE ripple and maybe ethereum. I hope bitcoin continues to do well (at least for the near term), obviously.
Most of the rest I really don't see offering anything really that innovative. I think dogecoin is funny and I don't mind it sticking around just to bring new people into cryptos that otherwise wouldn't have checked them out. Don't really like these country coins like AUR, so I don't care if they crash and burn.
lalakies23

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:00:43 AM

Check for Betacoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: