Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:54:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins To take seriously:  (Read 14956 times)
tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:44:35 PM

all X11 coins like Global Denomination

new algorithm just means 51% security risk. Stick with scrypt, ASIC miners will make the network secure. Change isnt always good.

That must be the most retarded statement I have seen in a while...
Securing the network has nothing to do with ASICs. Regardless of the size of the network, what matters is how the hashpower is distributed over the nodes. A 500MH network can very well be much more secure than a 5GH network, if, for example, on the first one there are 5 100MH pools, while on the latter there is a 3GH pool (easily achievable with ASICs).
Currently, large ASICs are nothing but the best tools a pump&dumper can dream of. In addition, because of their extensive costs, the large ASICs will bring about uneven distribution for every scrypt POW coin, since only a couple of people will be able to afford them, and those people will hold far greater hash power compared to your normal GPU miner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:46:44 PM

I visited the land of coins last night.  Unfortunately I left my camera and my drawing ability is that of a 3 year old. 
tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:54:19 PM

I visited the land of coins last night.  Unfortunately I left my camera and my drawing ability is that of a 3 year old. 

Ok, so, darkcoin killed litecoin and holds bitcoin hostage, while vertcoin sails away hammered on it's highly disproportionate bong. Meanwhile, somewhere in the background, a coin I can't seem to recognize is slowly building an army of mindless zombies who worship it like there is no tomorrow. But the thing i find most intriguing is the small black dot at the center top of everything... I fear the worst.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:32:03 PM

all X11 coins like Global Denomination

new algorithm just means 51% security risk. Stick with scrypt, ASIC miners will make the network secure. Change isnt always good.

That must be the most retarded statement I have seen in a while...
Securing the network has nothing to do with ASICs. Regardless of the size of the network, what matters is how the hashpower is distributed over the nodes. A 500MH network can very well be much more secure than a 5GH network, if, for example, on the first one there are 5 100MH pools, while on the latter there is a 3GH pool (easily achievable with ASICs).
Currently, large ASICs are nothing but the best tools a pump&dumper can dream of. In addition, because of their extensive costs, the large ASICs will bring about uneven distribution for every scrypt POW coin, since only a couple of people will be able to afford them, and those people will hold far greater hash power compared to your normal GPU miner.

from what I can tell, BTC is pretty secure and doing just fine after the advent of ASICs  Roll Eyes
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:28:21 PM

LOL nice drawing!  To me it looks like DarkCoin is the Arnold Schwarzenegger of coins, and Vertcoin got pooped on.  And Litecoin got pwned.

I considered mining Vertcoin but the hash rates are way lower, and despite its price, I don't think I'd make much more profit than mining Darkcoin while saving myself lots of power and heat.  So Darkcoin wins for me!
thresher

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:33:42 PM

LOL nice drawing!  To me it looks like DarkCoin is the Arnold Schwarzenegger of coins, and Vertcoin got pooped on.  And Litecoin got pwned.

I considered mining Vertcoin but the hash rates are way lower, and despite its price, I don't think I'd make much more profit than mining Darkcoin while saving myself lots of power and heat.  So Darkcoin wins for me!

Hooray, someone got most of the picture.  I was a little upset when my toilet got accused of being a bong  Embarrassed
zhanlang13

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:28:54 PM

Tons of funny guys.POW coins will be dead in this year.I firmly believe that my judgment
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 06:08:39 PM

Tons of funny guys.POW coins will be dead in this year.I firmly believe that my judgment

Seriously doubt it. POW is the tried and tested method of mining. The effort of mining the coins creates value for the coins, what effort is required to run a wallet and leave it connected to the internet? And seriously, POS rates are too measly, 5% yearly or something else like that? People won't be motivated to run there wallets, if all theyre going to get is 5% yearly.

Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:45:49 PM

Cleanwater
carbon
Maru
Those have a purpose

Nem
Nxtl
Ether
These are the most promising

Not so sure about
Sky
Maidsafe

Interesting
Multi
Good
Bcc

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
meccoin4me

Activity: 504

Bitcoin is getting bigcoin

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:11:08 PM

I think ULT  , ultimatecoin will be great at the end of this year

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155319.0  DELTACREDITS , great coin , great idea behind
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:42:49 PM

Coins in which I think should be added as good coins and aren't really on the list are..

Ethereum because of their contract and innovation in the business space

Nxt because they are more like a decentralized company and they have solid code

Peercoin because whenever I am searching for information on coding I tend to always land on the Peercoin site. I think Peercoin is very under-rated because they spend much of their time improving the structure rather than trying to hype the coin. They have a community full of very intelligent people.

Karmacoin because they are taking steps to be more of a pubically traded company and their methods are very sound.

Blackcoin because they continually add new steps to create value to the coin.
Grillo

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:52:59 PM

This list is bullshit without Nxt in it...
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:18:40 PM

Seriously doubt it. POW is the tried and tested method of mining. The effort of mining the coins creates value for the coins, what effort is required to run a wallet and leave it connected to the internet? And seriously, POS rates are too measly, 5% yearly or something else like that? People won't be motivated to run there wallets, if all theyre going to get is 5% yearly.

POW will left for miners cause they want to use there equipment, but the problem is they are running out of Idiots whoo buy their shitcoins. R.I.P POW

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:20:59 PM

I think there has to be a speration between launched coins and projects that will come sometime.

Today:

NXT
BTC

in a couple of months maybe:

maidsafe
exocoin
NEM
Ethereum

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 06:54:03 AM

darkcoin and noirshares

About NoirShares

NoirShares is a new venture in cryptocurrency, Decentralized Autonomous Corporations (DACs), and Decentralized Autonomous Software (DAS). NRS is more than just a cryptocoin, it is the technology that provides the foundation for corporate activities such as voting, funding, trading, communication, contracts, value transfer, and more.

There are many ways to benefit from your participation in NRS. Holding NRS gives you ownership rights in future DAC/DAS and other ventures developed by Noir Group. We are currently working on and voting for the next ventures such as the NoirEx(change) and NoirSpace network (Bank, Gaming, Content, News, Chat/Talk, Shop, Advertising, and more), with many more DAC ventures to come. It is up to you to decide which ventures and opportunities are worth your participation. Since holding NRS also makes you an owner in the corporation, you are also able to suggest new venture ideas and even develop them.

Visit http://www.noirtalk.com/ to stay up to date on future projects.

NoirShares is your ticket to future Noir Group projects. Your shares are your votes and your value. This is your chance to participate in the future of the technology of business.

Decentralized Autonomous Corporations / Software (DAC/DAS)

NoirShares (NRS) is an equity-linked coin that gives you ownership rights in future DACs and DAS developed by Noir Group.  Noir Group is truly a venture-based corporation and provides the foundation for business of endless reach. From software to mining, from entertainment to r/e-tail, Noir Group is simply our versatile corporate vessel for business, and NoirShares are your proof of ownership.

Decentralized Autonomous Corporations (DACs) and Decentralized Autonomous Software (DAS) are ventures that seek to build shareholder wealth through income generation and price appreciation by delivering valuable services to customers.  Once the ventures are fully operational they no longer need the supervision of their developers.

NRS is not limited to the DAC platform started by Dan Larimer of ProtoShares (PTS). We have already begun investigating Counterparty (XCP) and Ethereum (ETH) for possible application in NDS ventures, as well as progress in developing a fiat exchange/trading platform. As a decentralized corporation we want to make sure to get a piece of every cake.

Current Ventures in Development

NoirSpace- NoirSpace is a launch pad designed for all media and altcoin related DAS/DAC ideas. rather than the altcoin/bitshares approach of multiple pieces of software running at the same time, we believe in one good all-purpose hub. NoirSpace is pioneering altcoin multi-tasking. First up, a QT-based multi-wallet. Future DAS updates to include Chat, Shop, Gaming, CDN and News, Ads, and more! Welcome to your new home!
MinterBot - DAS that stakes for you, taking the head(ache) out of (stake)! Deposit to the minterbot and watch your balance grow!
NoirEx(change) – QT-based exchange for NoirShares, NoirBits, cryptocurrencies, fiat, and re-branded sub coins built on the NRS/NBT platform.
Noir Mining- Terahashes of dragon mining power at your command. (Active, Membership closed!)
Noir Multi-Pool- Multi-Pool Mining with the Noir Group!

Project names are not final and reference internal development projects. Public release and frontend integrations may or may not utilize the Noir name. Many Noir projects are backend plugins and systems intended for re-branded frontend utilizations.

Register on http://www.noirtalk.com/ for more information about NoirShares, Noir Group, and how to participate.

The Technology

NRS itself is built as a hybrid momentum Proof of Stake/Proof of Work - NoirShares is one of the first hybrid Momentum PoS/PoW cryptos. The momentum algorithm has memory hard qualities which reduce GPU mining advantages, changing difficulty almost instantly as hashrate changes, thereby accurately reflecting miner demand.  NoirShares also runs a self-maintaining blockchain that does not need many hard forks to keep it going. What all this basically means is that NoirShares is running the latest in coin hashing tech with the most efficiency and stability, laying the foundation for a truly effective DAC.

The Specifications

Doubles as both currency and equity for Noir Group.
80 shares per block initially
5 minute block time
Per block difficulty adjustment
5 million coins will be produced via PoW
5% block reward reduction every 3000 blocks
3% stake, minimum stake age is 7 days, full age 14 days
Transaction fees at 0.01 NRS are destroyed in an attempt at aggressively countering inflation due to mining and stake
As the chain progresses and transitions to relying more on PoS blocks, it becomes highly energy efficient in comparison to pure PoW coins.
This weaning of reliance on high powered machines encourages the average user to be able to have a functioning node that if used properly can be profitable.
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:12:21 PM

Earlier in this topic I promoted Solarcoin pretty hard, but that was only just to make its price rise so I could get more profit, because I had already seen it for the crap coin it is.  Jrose120 over on the Litecoin forums is and was a real dickwad for talking me into mining it in his pool, which I have since quit and moved onto DarkCoin.

Grin
Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:05:42 PM

Earlier in this topic I promoted Solarcoin pretty hard, but that was only just to make its price rise so I could get more profit, because I had already seen it for the crap coin it is.  Jrose120 over on the Litecoin forums is and was a real dickwad for talking me into mining it in his pool, which I have since quit and moved onto DarkCoin.

Grin

Wow how dare you?  Grin

NationOwnedCCNow

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:07:21 PM

Anyone who doubted Aurora coin can check their Exchange and see a 100%+ 24h change! Go Iceland!
elixir

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:47:58 PM

heres a serious contender. try mining 666coin, launches May 3rd.

follow here for updates https://twitter.com/666Coin666

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:28:16 AM

Anyone who doubted Aurora coin can check their Exchange and see a 100%+ 24h change! Go Iceland!

aurora goes up n down too much for my blood
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: