Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:48:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:09:01 PM

Dear qora,

Would you consider becoming a member in our newly formed committee?  I think I represent everyone here when I say we'd be honor to have you as the head of the committee (or at least be an advisor to us).

I really hope that you don't think we're out of bounds here for organizing a committee without consulting with you first. If you have any suggestion or objection to anything we're doing, I'd appreciate if you could share it with us.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the project.

Over the last days I have had a lot of pm's about the same issues.
What I am planning to do is create a private repository with a public bug tracker to which everyone will have access.
This will allow for better bug tracking and to give a better overview on what is being developed.

I have been trying to follow the discussions on qora.club. It is up to the community to decide where they want to discuss certain things.
I will follow the majority of the community.
If you have certain questions it is best to pm me.
I will not be able to keep following every discussion once the community grows bigger.

As you probably now I have no intention do promote or market this currency at the early stages.
However I can not or will stop others from doing this.

Let's keep the dev out of this boring organizing stuff. His voice and his will is heard no matter what, if he's a member or any committees or not. There will be dev and infrastructure committees later. Do you want him be part of all of them?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qora (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:10:50 PM

Dear qora,

Would you consider becoming a member in our newly formed committee?  I think I represent everyone here when I say we'd be honor to have you as the head of the committee (or at least be an advisor to us).

I really hope that you don't think we're out of bounds here for organizing a committee without consulting with you first. If you have any suggestion or objection to anything we're doing, I'd appreciate if you could share it with us.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the project.

Sure, I will help or advise anyone who asks for it.
On the other hand I need to stay objective so I can not give any preference to or fully support a specific organization.
Nonetheless I appreciate all the work this community is doing trying to improve this currency.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:12:32 PM

As you probably know I have no intention to promote or market this currency at the early stages.
Before this currency can start to run it must be able to walk.

There's lot of work left to do, it'll probably take weeks to organize everything, so we will be ready to the moment Qora is ready to run.

Othewise we'll have a situation when the client is super stable but we're just starting to discuss marketing stuff.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:15:03 PM

What I am planning to do is create a private repository with a public bug tracker to which everyone will have access.
This will allow for better bug tracking and to give a better overview on what is being developed.

I have been trying to follow the discussions on qora.club. It is up to the community to decide where they want to discuss certain things.
I will not be able to keep following every discussion once the community grows bigger.

As you probably know I have no intention to promote or market this currency at the early stages.

Hi Qora, any chance you are aware of the issue I posted yesterday?

I have v3 wallet on 1 comp. I downloaded v5 on another wallet and used the seed. The only address I have qora on is the 1st address of the 10 I had. I did everything from changing 10 to 20 addresses when I restored from seed to clicking new address so I had 100+ I still couldn't find that address.

Also none of my name's moved over.

What can I do to fix this?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

drcoolix

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:15:19 PM

We must keep discussion on bitcointalk.org forum because it's free advertisement and will bring us more users  Wink

NODE - the 2d gen currency. Recommend!
Hyperphrenia

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:15:47 PM

Let's keep the dev out of this boring organizing stuff. His voice and his will is heard no matter what, if he's a member or any committees or not. There will be dev and infrastructure committees later. Do you want him be part of all of them?

I concur and I understand.  Smiley  dzarmush is right.  Organizing this stuff is going to take a lot of time.  Hopefully, we'll be ready before qora is listed on any exchange.

ShareCoin - Sdu7EV9VDvXthaqW1V7nDQzny46Cskc5Fj
qora (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:18:47 PM

Hi Qora, any chance you are aware of the issue I posted yesterday?

I have v3 wallet on 1 comp. I downloaded v5 on another wallet and used the seed. The only address I have qora on is the 1st address of the 10 I had. I did everything from changing 10 to 20 addresses when I restored from seed to clicking new address so I had 100+ I still couldn't find that address.

Also none of my name's moved over.

What can I do to fix this?

Could you please check if the seeds of both wallets are indeed the same.
Open file -> debug -> console
Type the following command:
GET wallet/seed

Also check if there is a space at the end or the beginning of your seed.
You are the first one to report this issue.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:24:29 PM

I think a lot of people in this community are used to doing things in a amateurish way, but they fail to realize a lot of legal problems can arise in later stages.

For instance, in UK, a man tried to register a trademark for Bitcoin...

We need to prevent that from happening by acting first.  Setting up a legal foundation is a good option.

By having a legal foundation, we can move all assets (ie. domain names, trademark) under one umbrella.

That's what I was talking about..

Guys, we need more opinions. Hyperphrenia is all for a legal foundation, Smaragda is against it. I'm hesitating  Smiley

It sounds reasonable but having a legal orgazisation for a decentralized currency is kinda odd.

Qora, what do you think?

qora (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:34:10 PM

Guys, we need more opinions. Hyperphrenia is all for a legal foundation, Smaragda is against it. I'm hesitating  Smiley

It sounds reasonable but having a legal orgazisation for a decentralized currency is kinda odd.

Qora, what do you think?

Difficult to say.
You can become 'legal' when you have the need for it.

Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:34:49 PM

I wish to make my thinking and reasoning clear to everyone --

The software component of the project (qora protocol, server, client and so forth) will forever remain decentralized.. At some point, the source code will be released to the wild. It will be picked up and examined by people around the world. And maybe at some point, we will see Qora clone, and that is fine.  Smiley

But think about this for a moment -- What if in the near future, someone in UK or Russia obtains a copy of qora source code, register a trademark for the name "Qora" in UK, and start marketing qora as his own product. What are we going to do then?  Smiley

That is the sole purpose of Bitcoin Foundation. A lot of people in this community probably doesn't realize "Bitcoin Foundation" is not just a name on paper, but it's a legal structure. It's a legal structure created to defend the integrity of the Bitcoin Project (so no one can steal Bitcoin name and claim to be their own).

That's why I'm advocating that we have some sort of legal foundation at some point. As I mentioned before, people fail to realize a lot of legal problems can arise in later stages. When I mentioned "asset," people automatically think of it as money  Smiley  That's understandable..  Smiley

But to people in the business world, asset can mean a lot of things (real estate, business name,trademark, patent, DBA.. etc). In this case, I'm talking about trademarking the name QORA in respective countries and regions (it will become an asset owned by foundation).

Also, last night, a member donated the name qoratalk.org to the qora community.  Who is going to take possession of it?  A legal structure like foundation will solve that problem.

We need to do things by the book in a legal manner to avoid potential conflict later.

Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:36:55 PM

Qora, what do you think?

Difficult to say.

qora dev,

That is why I was asking you to become a member of the foundation (if it is ever created), because you're the owner and creator of qora project. You need to take possession of it in a legal way.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:41:02 PM

I think a lot of people in this community are used to doing things in a amateurish way, but they fail to realize a lot of legal problems can arise in later stages.

For instance, in UK, a man tried to register a trademark for Bitcoin...

We need to prevent that from happening by acting first.  Setting up a legal foundation is a good option.

By having a legal foundation, we can move all assets (ie. domain names, trademark) under one umbrella.

That's what I was talking about..

Qora, what do you think?

legal foundation smells of decentralisation to me. I mean if you copyright something etc somewhere someone down the line needs to have their real name slapped on it.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:42:44 PM

Guys, we need more opinions. Hyperphrenia is all for a legal foundation, Smaragda is against it. I'm hesitating  Smiley

Qora, what do you think?

Difficult to say.

qora dev,

That is why I was asking you to become a member of the foundation (if it is ever created), because you're the owner and creator of qora project. You need to take possession of it in a legal way.

I'm not sure you understand the culture of Crypto and I'll be honest I don't trust anyone waving legality issues around. Do you want to give us your name and address?

You are going to smother this coin if you are not careful..
Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:48:59 PM

legal foundation smells of decentralisation to me. I mean if you copyright something etc somewhere someone down the line needs to have their real name slapped on it.

Trademark & software patents are two different things. I'm not advocating that we apply for software patents on behalf of Qora. (Most people in Tech community are against it, so am I). 

I'm saying that at some point, we need to have something like Bitcoin Foundation (a legal structure) in order to defend the integrity of the Qora project. The sooner, the better.

In the business world, people plan ahead in order to avoid potential conflicts and legal hassle/issue. Qora is a popular and good name. What if tomorrow, a company like Google or Apple trademark the name "Qora" to be the official name of a new line of products?

It will instantly become illegal for us to use QORA in any publication.  You guys don't realize it yet, but they can sue us for promoting QORA if they're the rightful owner of the trademark.

================

So the bottom line is - Qora software, like Bitcoin, will remain decentralized, anyone can dev or do anything to it.  But a legal foundation must be set up to defend it in the real world. Yes, some people need to come out and put their real names down on paper in order for it to happen (I've got no problem with that).  But to me, it's a step we need to take at some point.

Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:53:17 PM

I'm not sure you understand the culture of Crypto and I'll be honest I don't trust anyone waving legality issues around. Do you want to give us your name and address?

Look, if you guys are all against it, I'll drop the issue. No problem.

But I can tell you, as someone who has experience running a corporation and conducting business in the real world, making everything legal on paper is a necessity.

I understand that in the Crypto Community, most people are simply coders and programmers who don't hold MBAs and no experience doing business in the real world, and that is fine.

Let me say that, if a Crypto is ever to become accepted by the mainstream (ie. Bitcoin), something like Bitcoin Foundation will need to be formed at some point.  Remember that, you cannot hide behind your monitors forever.  Smiley

Okay, I'm done. Do it your way. I am tired.  Smiley

ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:57:45 PM

Look, if you guys are all against it, I'll drop the issue. No problem.

But I can tell you, as someone who has experience running a corporation and conducting business in the real world, making everything legal on paper is a necessity.

I understand that in the Crypto Community, most people are simply coders and programmers who don't hold MBAs and no experience doing business in the real world, and that is fine.

Let me say that, if a Crypto is ever to become accepted by the mainstream (ie. Bitcoin), something like Bitcoin Foundation will need to be formed at some point.  Remember that, you cannot hide behind your monitors forever.  Smiley

Okay, I'm done. Do it your way. I am tired.  Smiley

I get what your saying.

Trademark the name and GO from there. The name will be the selling point of the coin. If it gets stolen..Bye Bye to Qora on this side of town. Wink
Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

I get what your saying.

Trademark the name and GO from there. The name will be the selling point of the coin. If it gets stolen..Bye Bye to Qora on this side of town. Wink

That's correct.  Smiley  Qora is not simply a piece of software, it is also a brand, a name. We also need to protect the name from being stolen. (Like what happened to Bitcoin trademark in UK, it took bitcoin foundation a while to get it sorted out).

I guess you're the only one who can understand me and where i am coming from.  Smiley sigh.

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:02:18 PM

I get what your saying.

That's correct.  Smiley  Qora is not simply a piece of software, it is also a brand, a name. We also need to protect the name from being stolen. (Like what happened to Bitcoin trademark in UK, it took bitcoin foundation a while to get it sorted out).

I guess you're the only one who can understand me and where i am coming from.  Smiley sigh.

I also agree with this, but lets wait for qora's suggestion too.
eMunie also made something like this I think

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:04:57 PM

I get what your saying.

If this coin does take of like BTC.. No doubt. The name must be trademarked. It is a MUST. Software can't be trademarked cause It really is open source whether we like it or not. Github has rules as so does the coding world. I know because I used to deal with it at the Android Community debugging ROM's for the developers.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:07:54 PM

This is nonsense, do you think Bitcoin is a logo? Its a protocol that no one controls, that's the whole point. No one can fool anyone, its in the public domain.

I'm sorry but when I see people crawl out from under rocks on this forum calling for regulation and legal frameworks so we can be as 'good' as the real financial world I say BS.

I personally would prefer you not only drop the notion but also that you leave the 'foundation' I'm sounding harsh but I don't trust someone who sounds like someone trying to strangle a project about freedom with legality at such an early stage as well. I feel like you acting like a Financial Lawyer on steroids with a suspicious agenda.

Bottom line if something is owned and can be pinned down a government of large money interest can buy it and control its use.

Run away from this stuff people...

AND if you are genuinely concerned for the logo and name then I suggest you get Qora or someone to put it in the public domain just like Satoshi did..

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bitcoin.png

Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: