Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:31:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748200 times)
peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:13:42 PM

What if tomorrow, a company like Google or Apple trademark the name "Qora" to be the official name of a new line of products?
It will instantly become illegal for us to use QORA in any publication.  You guys don't realize it yet, but they can sue us for promoting QORA if they're the rightful owner of the trademark.
not accurate.

There are different classes for trademarks. For example there is all ready a trademark in Telecommunications for QORA - http://www.trademarkia.com/trademarks-search.aspx?tn=qora

Anyone trying to trademark qora in the field of cryptocurrency will have a hard time.

You can become 'legal' when you have the need for it.
I agree - right now there isn't really a need.
building a qora franchise is your biggest "protection" against other people trying to trademark/enjoy qora reputation in cryptocurrency.
Hyperphrenia

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:15:04 PM

What do you think Bitcoin Foundation is?  It's a Fantasy organization run by a bunch of anonymous hackers?

lol..

If a crypto is ever to become accepted by the mainstream, it has be led by a group of people with real business background.  Smiley

My only goal and dream is to make Qora as big as Bitcoin. I'm sorry that you don't share my vision.

Also, out of curiosity, do you have a business degree or any real-world business experience?  Smiley

I cannot argue with someone who is not well-schooled and lack common knowledge.

This is nonsense, do you think Bitcoin is a logo? Its a protocol that no one controls, that's the whole point. No one can fool anyone, its in the public domain.

I'm sorry but when I see people crawl out from under rocks on this forum calling for regulation and legal frameworks so we can be as 'good' as the real financial world I say BS.

I personally would prefer you not only drop the notion but also that you leave the 'foundation' I'm sounding harsh but I don't trust someone who sounds like someone trying to strangle a project about freedom with legality at such an early stage as well. I feel like you acting like a Financial Lawyer on steroids with a suspicious agenda.

Bottom line if something is owned and can be pinned down a government of large money interest can buy it and control its use.

Run away from this stuff people...

ShareCoin - Sdu7EV9VDvXthaqW1V7nDQzny46Cskc5Fj
Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:18:09 PM

I agree - right now there isn't really a need.
building a qora franchise is your biggest "protection" against other people trying to trademark and enjoy qora reputation in cryptocurrency.

I can go along with that.. If that is what the community wants, that's what the community gets..

ReRunRod

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:19:41 PM

This is nonsense, do you think Bitcoin is a logo? Its a protocol that no one controls, that's the whole point. No one can fool anyone, its in the public domain.

I'm sorry but when I see people crawl out from under rocks on this forum calling for regulation and legal frameworks so we can be as 'good' as the real financial world I say BS.

I personally would prefer you not only drop the notion but also that you leave the 'foundation' I'm sounding harsh but I don't trust someone who sounds like someone trying to strangle a project about freedom with legality at such an early stage as well. I feel like you acting like a Financial Lawyer on steroids with a suspicious agenda.

Bottom line if something is owned and can be pinned down a government of large money interest can buy it and control its use.

Boy, someone is lost.

Bitcoin is a trademarked Logo. Did you get that part?
The protocol code is open for anyone to use... Github is in charge of that.

Something for you to read on Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128254.0
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:20:05 PM

What do you think Bitcoin Foundation is?  It's a Fantasy organization run by a bunch of anonymous hackers?

lol..

If a crypto is ever to become accepted by the mainstream, it has be led by a group of people with real business background.  Smiley

My only goal and dream is to make Qora as big as Bitcoin. I'm sorry that you don't share my vision.

Also, out of curiosity, do you have a business degree or any real-world business experience?  Smiley

I cannot argue with someone who is not well-schooled and lack common knowledge.

You offer no proof of anything like a business degree, you have just stated you have one. if i state i am the king of england does that make it so?

And stop trying to use that business degree to lord over people and try to make it look like you are above anyone else lesser than you, its arrogant and makes you look like a dumb egotistical mother fucker.

Well done you have a business degree , now considering a chimpanzee that has been given 20kg's of cannabis up the ass could earn a business degree, why don't you offer actual proper solutions instead of having your only main arguing point that "you have a business degree"

there are retards in every single profession just because you have a degree doesn't make you any better than anyone else, if just makes you a completely useless cunt to try and use it over people whenever you are trying to force your opinion on other people

fuck off you useless fucking idiot
Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:22:45 PM

Boy, someone is lost.

Reminder: Mt Gox owns the Bitcoin trademark

The PASCAZI Retaliation, fighting opportunists worldwide and why we applied for the Bitcoin trademark.

TOKYO, JAPAN - October 14, 2011 - As the owner of the largest Bitcoin trading platform, Mt.Gox, we at Tibanne K.K feel obliged to step up and oppose opportunists around the world from trademarking the concept and term “Bitcoin”, which would severely limit the ability of those in the Bitcoin community to freely enjoy and use our beloved Crypto-currency.

As some in the community may be aware, back in July Michael Pascazi, a law attorney in upstate New York started to file for ownership of the Bitcoin trademark. This took place not only in the US but in other key countries like France and Japan where trademark laws favour the party who is “first-to-file”, rather than the first actual user of the term.

While Michael Pascazi apparently acquiesced in his attempt to trademark Bitcoin in the U.S. (thanks to a stricter “first-to-use” trademarking system), he has since submitted a claim in France through his wife Celine Mouchon Pascazi, where Pascazi has far stronger legal standing as the first entity to apply.

In reaction, we at Tibanne K.K in Japan have started legal proceedings in the hopes of opposing this filing in France, at a European level as well as in in other countries across the world.

The Pascazis' stated intention is to profit from these trademarks, which would hamper Bitcoin enthusiasts, businesses and the community as a whole on a global basis in the free use and promotion of Bitcoin. Tibanne K.K will oppose this and any other "greed based" trademark application, in order to prevent self-serving attempts to profit from Bitcoin through spurious legal suits, and keep the term “Bitcoin” free for all.

We would like to use this opportunity to formally announce that all trademarks related to the term “Bitcoin” filed for and obtained by Tibanne K.K will be made freely available to anyone to use for whatever purpose whatsoever, whether that be for non-profit or commercial endeavours.

We will keep you apprised on these matters as soon as updates become available.

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

ReRunRod

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:24:08 PM

Boy, someone is lost.

Reminder: Mt Gox owns the Bitcoin trademark

The PASCAZI Retaliation, fighting opportunists worldwide and why we applied for the Bitcoin trademark.

TOKYO, JAPAN - October 14, 2011 - As the owner of the largest Bitcoin trading platform, Mt.Gox, we at Tibanne K.K feel obliged to step up and oppose opportunists around the world from trademarking the concept and term “Bitcoin”, which would severely limit the ability of those in the Bitcoin community to freely enjoy and use our beloved Crypto-currency.

As some in the community may be aware, back in July Michael Pascazi, a law attorney in upstate New York started to file for ownership of the Bitcoin trademark. This took place not only in the US but in other key countries like France and Japan where trademark laws favour the party who is “first-to-file”, rather than the first actual user of the term.

While Michael Pascazi apparently acquiesced in his attempt to trademark Bitcoin in the U.S. (thanks to a stricter “first-to-use” trademarking system), he has since submitted a claim in France through his wife Celine Mouchon Pascazi, where Pascazi has far stronger legal standing as the first entity to apply.

In reaction, we at Tibanne K.K in Japan have started legal proceedings in the hopes of opposing this filing in France, at a European level as well as in in other countries across the world.

The Pascazis' stated intention is to profit from these trademarks, which would hamper Bitcoin enthusiasts, businesses and the community as a whole on a global basis in the free use and promotion of Bitcoin. Tibanne K.K will oppose this and any other "greed based" trademark application, in order to prevent self-serving attempts to profit from Bitcoin through spurious legal suits, and keep the term “Bitcoin” free for all.

We would like to use this opportunity to formally announce that all trademarks related to the term “Bitcoin” filed for and obtained by Tibanne K.K will be made freely available to anyone to use for whatever purpose whatsoever, whether that be for non-profit or commercial endeavours.

We will keep you apprised on these matters as soon as updates become available.

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

Some people just need to learn how to surf the webbbbbbbbbbb. HAHAHAHAH
Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:24:50 PM

ReRunRod,

I'd like to have a word with you in private please.. Sending PM to you now...

ReRunRod

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:25:45 PM

ReRunRod,

10-4
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:26:26 PM

ReRunRod,

You two are acting like a sockpuppet tag team to me.

ReRunRod

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:28:39 PM

ReRunRod,

You two are acting like a sockpuppet tag team to me.

Well..shit.

Anyone else have any ideas for this coin!?

I'm just here to help the community. I can be doing other things..But, I like being on here.

Do you have any ideas brainy? Spit them out then. Instead of acting like a tool with no nut.

I bounce from Share,Qora and Sync. If you need to talk to me.
peled1986
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:29:57 PM

link: http://www.lextechnologiae.com/2011/07/15/bitcoins-trademarks-and-a-roadmap-for-the-bitcoin-community/ -if anyone is interested in reading.

"CONCLUSION
The Bitcoin community has a number of ways to challenge questionable attempts to trademark the term ‘bitcoin.’ There is a strong argument that the term itself cannot be registered as a trademark; in the alternative, there is a very strong argument that the only ones capable of registering the mark is the Bitcoin community. Therefore, financial services companies—like the one which attempted to register the mark—shouldn’t be able to do register a ‘bitcoin’ mark. Finally, the Bitcoin community always has the option to register the mark itself, but this seems to be counter to the regulatory hands-off approach the community appears to possess. On top of that, such a registration may more readily expose Bitcoin to regulatory oversight by the likes of the SEC or other government agencies."

Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:32:53 PM

If Qora is successful then we can re-visit this issue in 6 months if the community wants to. I think we should be concentrating on development now and not fighting.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:35:40 PM

If Qora is successful then we can re-visit this issue in 6 months if the community wants to. I think we should be concentrating on development now and not fighting.

exactly. Let's start with concentrating on development and marketing - website development, payment processor, twitter, reddit etc

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:39:12 PM

link: http://www.lextechnologiae.com/2011/07/15/bitcoins-trademarks-and-a-roadmap-for-the-bitcoin-community/ -if anyone is interested to read.

"CONCLUSION
The Bitcoin community has a number of ways to challenge questionable attempts to trademark the term ‘bitcoin.’ There is a strong argument that the term itself cannot be registered as a trademark; in the alternative, there is a very strong argument that the only ones capable of registering the mark is the Bitcoin community. Therefore, financial services companies—like the one which attempted to register the mark—shouldn’t be able to do register a ‘bitcoin’ mark. Finally, the Bitcoin community always has the option to register the mark itself, but this seems to be counter to the regulatory hands-off approach the community appears to possess. On top of that, such a registration may more readily expose Bitcoin to regulatory oversight by the likes of the SEC or other government agencies."

That is old news from July 15th, 2011.  Smiley At the moment, the Bitcoin trademark has already been successfully registered in a number of countries. Feel free to google it yourself.  Smiley

But like I said, whatever the community decides, I'll go along with it. Do I have any other choice?  Smiley

ReRunRod

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:39:35 PM

No doubt. I hate fighting.. It get's no where. Just read the Blackcoin thread..It went from good to shit in a split second!
peled1986
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:40:22 PM

exactly. Let's start with concentrating on development and marketing - website development, payment processor, twitter, reddit etc
I agree - it's in the spirit of our master sensei
ReRunRod

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:41:05 PM

I agree - it's in the spirit of our master sensei

He is the man with the key Smiley
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:42:29 PM

Alright then, no legal stuff until it's necessary.

Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:43:52 PM

We could talk about what we need and setting up bounties.
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: