Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:04:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176693 times)
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:09:41 PM

Is it bad that i instantly recognized your sock puppet?

I seem to recall that you snuck a couple premines into coins you coded for people. I just can't seem to find Gascoin traded anywhere and that's strange, like the original coder is so untrustworthy that it killed the coin before it even started...

I seem to recall that you tried to force a premine into coins you coded for people. What is the difference between you two?

I have yet to create a coin but I am working on a coin which will start as fully POS, maybe you are referring to that? I am still working with all the same people on the same project but just had to change things around and do it differently because the developers I was working with threatened to sue me because I posted I was working with them.

In the Gascoin story, he took extra premine without asking and the guy getting the coin made posted a big thread about it and killed the project.

All I will say about this is at least some of us still have integrity

When working on any project there is the potential of unknown variables so as much as I wanted to get things fixed up then and there, I ended up halting the entire thing. Mudda had helped fix some of the errors without asking for payment but there were and still are alot of bugs in the code he wrote. I had a couple other developers as well I was working with locally but one group was trustworthy but wanted 6k just for fixes and learning how to code a wallet and a more skilled group who ended sending me threats because I had posted I was working with them so then the only option is to pause everything and find another way.

Working on a real project can yield far more than making a hundred copy coins but is also far more work. A Cryptocoin is a fun and challenging project but better be able to manage costs and hold your own or you'll get eaten alive. We'll see how the project works out in time, I am into the testing of it now but I'm not going to release something unless it's perfect, this thread is homage to why it should be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:52:16 PM

T-Shirts coming soon Wink LOL

and hey it's a bad sign when even a coin cloner himself makes this topic don't ya thing guys ? hahaha
that should tell us it's gotten pretty bad i think Sad

people making a sincere effort in crypto need a fair shake and not to be overshadowed by scammers and their (but i made a Bitcoin excuse spouting) supporters !

tired of scammy douche bags telling me to mind my own business so they can make money of some PedoBear Coin..
they are all like, well i made 1 or 2 BTC off it.. and i should mind my own business etc..
and i don't know about the rest of you but when the world or my friends and family look at all this crap
i don't want them to think i am a scam coin supporter.

Take your IPO's and your clones and your dumb ass gimmicks and fuck off out of our global crypto scene scammers !

-- This message brought to you by the Spoetnik Foundation™ --

FUD first & ask questions later™
@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:31:54 PM

It's funny how this topic's topic has changed.

Where's muddadudda?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:01:25 AM

If you are happy making 2 BTC with a new coin then there is something seriously wrong with your goals lol

cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:43:33 AM

T-Shirts coming soon Wink LOL

and hey it's a bad sign when even a coin cloner himself makes this topic don't ya thing guys ? hahaha
that should tell us it's gotten pretty bad i think Sad

people making a sincere effort in crypto need a fair shake and not to be overshadowed by scammers and their (but i made a Bitcoin excuse spouting) supporters !

tired of scammy douche bags telling me to mind my own business so they can make money of some PedoBear Coin..
they are all like, well i made 1 or 2 BTC off it.. and i should mind my own business etc..
and i don't know about the rest of you but when the world or my friends and family look at all this crap
i don't want them to think i am a scam coin supporter.

Take your IPO's and your clones and your dumb ass gimmicks and fuck off out of our global crypto scene scammers !

-- This message brought to you by the Spoetnik Foundation™ --

Spoetnik Foundation TM? Don't you mean Spoetnik Sucking Mark Karpeles Dick for left over scammed BTC Foundation TM?
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:17:00 AM

If you are happy making 2 BTC with a new coin then there is something seriously wrong with your goals lol

and if you trade on cryptsy something is wrong with your exchange!!
cryptopaths

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:27:39 AM

Can someone help a noob out, why all the hate for the new alternate currencies?

~BCX~

Haven't seen you in the alts section in a while hows Aura coin doing? Grin  I'm guessing Spoetnik and his boys hate for alts are fueled by their failure to launch shit coins and capitalize on the alt market so now they've basically gone the route of going full retard.
cryptopaths

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:46:05 AM

~BCX~

Haven't seen you in the alts section in a while hows Aura coin doing? Grin  I'm guessing Spoetnik and his boys hate for alts are fueled by their failure to launch shit coins and capitalize on the alt market so now they've basically gone the route of going full retard.

Yeah I have been out of the US for the past few months and busy as hell. I've had a few people PM about looking at another shitcoin called Monero so I did. It took me me less than two hours to find a really big hole. When are devs going to learn that rapid retarget is an open invitation to an exploit? I'm going to drop a herd or two it till I figure what I am going to do.

It all really depends on what Cryptsy does with it.

~BCX~

Monero has seen backing from some "trusted" (high green) people on the forums so I'm curious to see were this gos. Do you plan on forking Monero like you did with Aur?
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:16:17 PM

Yeah I have been out of the US for the past few months and busy as hell. I've had a few people PM about looking at another shitcoin called Monero so I did. It took me me less than two hours to find a really big hole. When are devs going to learn that rapid retarget is an open invitation to an exploit? I'm going to drop a herd or two it till I figure what I am going to do.

~BCX~

Nice to see BCX back stateside. Hope that we can count on your rigorous QA testing in the coming weeks.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:11:25 PM

agreed.. nice to see ya back in town gun slinger Smiley

when i first ran into BCX we butted heads a bit because i fet his brand of justice was uncalled for.. i was a naive noob Sad
i soon realized there is no other recourse in this Free (For All) Market™ !
we need people to fight fire with fire and destroy the foundation from underneath these scammers and their supporters !
anyway i quickly became a fan of BitcoinExpress and through my own experience ended up sharing a lot of his views over time.

I also have more respect for scammers that don't bend over backwards playing innocent.
wanna be a thief then man up about and be a thief.. loose the sheep's cloths and grow some balls cowards !
but they can't or their scammy bs won't work lol

BCX knows more about the technical aspects of this stuff than i do and he is knowledgeable about coin vulnerabilities.
And he also had a track record of bringing many coins to their knee's swiftly !

And best of all he knows damn well all these well known top of the pyramid players are corrupt sleazy pieces of shit !
He has watched with me as they have pulled stunt after stunt and even before i came along too !
If me and BCX wrote a book on Cryptsy alone it would be bigger than phone book LOL

ALL you noobs out there need to drop the fanboyism and SEE who the hell it is your defending and how many MILLIONS of dollars they earn from you doing it !
Little shits that make 1 BTC on P&D shit coins are making the guys pulling the strings rich beyond belief !

And the ties to who is making them and the exchanges etc they run are obvious to anyone with half a brain.
I doubt most of these scammy shit coins could even get off the ground if they knew what BCX or i knew..
We're not talking about one single corrupt incident.. we're talking about new ones being pulled non stop on gullible idiots.
and they don't even know and even funnier they get all defensive and chearlead for the scammers exploiting them ..stupid crypto-puppets  Roll Eyes

cryptopaths

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:17:16 PM

So is monero the target now?
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:42:26 PM

Yeah, after 90 pages they finally found a "shitcoin".  Grin

“God does not play dice"
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:50:54 PM

Yeah, after 90 pages they finally found a "shitcoin".  Grin

true sleuthing by the shit-patrol.  Grin

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:52:38 PM

~BCX~

Hey BCX. I'm one of the Monero core team members, so I wanted to respond to this, because I find you to be a reasonable guy.

First things first: Monero isn't forked from Bitcoin, so (thankfully) there's nothing in the way of gimmicky junk to try differentiate us from every-other-scammy-clone. Monero *is* forked from the CryptoNote reference code, which means that there is stuff that we've inherited. The difficulty retarget is interesting, as it's something defined in the CryptoNote whitepaper:

CryptoNote contains a targeting algorithm which changes the difficulty of every block. This decreases the system’s reaction time when the network hashrate is intensely growing or shrinking, preserving a constant block rate. The original Bitcoin method calculates the relation of actual and target time-span between the last 2016 blocks and uses it as the multiplier for the current difficulty. Obviously this is unsuitable for rapid recalculations (because of large inertia) and results in oscillations.

The general idea behind our algorithm is to sum all the work completed by the nodes and divide it by the time they have spent. The measure of work is the corresponding difficulty values in each block. But due to inaccurate and untrusted timestamps we cannot determine the exact time interval between blocks. A user can shift his timestamp into the future and the next time intervals might be improbably small or even negative. Presumably there will be few incidents of this kind, so we can just sort the timestamps and cut-off the outliers (i.e. 20%). The range of the rest values is the time which was spent for 80% of the corresponding blocks.

This is implemented in the code over a window of 720 blocks (12 hours), but it's a little more complex than a straight up retarget as one would get in a Bitcoin clone (as you can ascertain from the quote above). Now, I'll be honest with you, the difficulty retarget is not something we've analysed in massive amounts of detail. If you have found an implementation problem or a problem in the theory, then I encourage you to please bring it to us so we can fix it sooner rather than later. It's tough for us to individually or as a core team and group of contributors grok the codebase and figure out every possible attack, both nuanced and apparent, so any input would be greatly appreciated:) Thank you very much!

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:10:56 PM

~BCX~
Because none of them are any good?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:43:46 PM

~BCX~
Because we noobs don't make money on launches and hate when others do. When we make money on launches, we shut it.
You noob has knowledge, me noob has information. When 2 noobs get along, rest of noobs hate.

Others hate because of competition.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:35:06 AM

~BCX~

Hey BCX. I'm one of the Monero core team members, so I wanted to respond to this, because I find you to be a reasonable guy.

First things first: Monero isn't forked from Bitcoin, so (thankfully) there's nothing in the way of gimmicky junk to try differentiate us from every-other-scammy-clone. Monero *is* forked from the CryptoNote reference code, which means that there is stuff that we've inherited. The difficulty retarget is interesting, as it's something defined in the CryptoNote whitepaper:

CryptoNote contains a targeting algorithm which changes the difficulty of every block. This decreases the system’s reaction time when the network hashrate is intensely growing or shrinking, preserving a constant block rate. The original Bitcoin method calculates the relation of actual and target time-span between the last 2016 blocks and uses it as the multiplier for the current difficulty. Obviously this is unsuitable for rapid recalculations (because of large inertia) and results in oscillations.

The general idea behind our algorithm is to sum all the work completed by the nodes and divide it by the time they have spent. The measure of work is the corresponding difficulty values in each block. But due to inaccurate and untrusted timestamps we cannot determine the exact time interval between blocks. A user can shift his timestamp into the future and the next time intervals might be improbably small or even negative. Presumably there will be few incidents of this kind, so we can just sort the timestamps and cut-off the outliers (i.e. 20%). The range of the rest values is the time which was spent for 80% of the corresponding blocks.

This is implemented in the code over a window of 720 blocks (12 hours), but it's a little more complex than a straight up retarget as one would get in a Bitcoin clone (as you can ascertain from the quote above). Now, I'll be honest with you, the difficulty retarget is not something we've analysed in massive amounts of detail. If you have found an implementation problem or a problem in the theory, then I encourage you to please bring it to us so we can fix it sooner rather than later. It's tough for us to individually or as a core team and group of contributors grok the codebase and figure out every possible attack, both nuanced and apparent, so any input would be greatly appreciated:) Thank you very much!

And that's about exactly how I would see Monero, I'm quite a fan of the Cryptonote technology and although the inflation model may not be perfect, it does add a good deal to new technology that ends up benefiting everyone. BCX pointing out security flaws is good for the overall ecosystem and I too would prefer to see BCX help out Monero a bit with some advice rather than creating a little FUD with a flex of the muscle.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:32:39 AM

well in his defense he said he was asked to check out the "shitcoin" Monero..
and he said he found a possible vulnerability.

read what is written guys is all i can say.. again.
people here LOVE reading in between the lines lol

all i can say on my own behalf is i know little about Monero and don't care and i think most people are in the same boat with me.
but it raises a good point.. there is LOTS of these coins out there, maybe a 1,000 of them these days so..
So way i see it is if one starts to get more popular then it's going to be put the community test.
that is not about 1 man or DCGirl that is about the community and how it reacts.

I would like to know why bother making Monero at all ?
wasn't 999 coins enough ?
did we really need a fork of Cryptonote ? (whatever the fuck that is) lol

Coin devs.. we're tired
we're reaaaaaaly tired of this god damn shit !
You want us to jump on coin 1,001 then give us a damn good reason or fuck off.

edit:
And no just because they're is no exploit for a hidden premine in the code or something does not mean it's a good reason for a coin to exist.
Get it ?
An honest piece of shit clone like the other 800 is just as stupid and useless and selfish and scammy and cancerous to crypto as a hidden premine coin etc.
no smoke and mirrors please Wink

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:39:38 AM

You want us to jump on coin 1,001 then give us damn good reason or fuck off.

The best (arguably only) working implementation of block chain privacy. Marketing-type crap if you are interested: https://cryptonote.org/inside.php

You could arguably say that Bytecoin has that as well (and it was first) but unless you want an 82% hidden premine/ninjamine, Monero is better.

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 04:40:18 AM

well in his defense he said he was asked to check out the "shitcoin" Monero..
and he said he found a possible vulnerability.

read what is written guys is all i can say.. again.
people here LOVE reading in between the lines lol

all i can say on my own behalf is i know little about Monero and don't care and i think most people are in the same boat with me.
but it raises a good point.. there is LOTS of these coins out there, maybe a 1,000 of them these days so..
So way i see it is if one starts to get more popular then it's going to be put the community test.
that is not about 1 man or DCGirl that is about the community and how it reacts.

I would like to know why bother making Monero at all ?
wasn't 999 coins enough ?
did we really need a fork of Cryptonote ? (whatever the fuck that is) lol

Coin devs.. we're tired
we're reaaaaaaly tired of this god damn shit !
You want us to jump on coin 1,001 then give us a damn good reason or fuck off.

edit:
And no just because they're is no exploit for a hidden premine in the code or something does not mean it's a good reason for a coin to exist.
Get it ?
An honest piece of shit clone like the other 800 is just as stupid and useless and selfish and scammy and cancerous to crypto as a hidden premine coin etc.
no smoke and mirrors please Wink

WAI AR DER SO MANI CHIPS AND DORITOZ? O WAI.

The fuck.

Each coin developer, if a serious person, can make a difference. I had coins which failed, but I'm not hating others which have succeeded. I learned my lesson.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: