Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:54:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176699 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:38:14 AM

I do see where your coming from BitJohn but i agree with kelsey as you already know Wink
and i do appreciate you can carry on a conversation about the matter unlike a lot name calling children in this scene..

i think some people forget a 12 year old child can come here and clone a coin ..starting a so called "currency"
pump and dump it on idiots / noobs and claim it attracted new users to crypto while singing the "Free Market" song
and rally as many people against any critics as they can so they can rinse and repeat the whole procedure.. again and again
and ohhhhhh yeaaaaah that is sooooooooooooooooo healthy for Crypto .. it brings in tha uzerzzzzzzz LOLOL spare me lol
ya bring em in to pyramid schemes = aka: pump and dump coins with no real intention of being anything close to a currency.
healthy my ass bringing in new users ..ya ones to get ripped off and some corrupt ones to keep the pyramids alive. hahaha
EVEN if that in turn has a negative overall impact on Bitcoin itself and the whole entire world wide crypto community
such as Doge brats talking like idiots online every where across the web just like you guys posted on your Cryptsy Twitter feed on the main page
that whole much profit very such garbage.. kind of sleezy to remove that too by the way.. that was the last line of communication
aside form going to IRC.. which you guys hide from and i had watched not long ago and HELPED Doge users with missing Transactions for two straight weeks.

Attracting professional or Mature people ? Or pyramid scheme users and little kids that are easy to control (for profit) like puppets with meme icons and pictures ?

and lets not forget that it could be and is in my opinion causing damage to crypto by turning OFF far more people than turning them on to crypto
and i say that because of one full years worth of Crypto in my lead up into joining the crypto communities, based on comments i seen on various NON crypto related web sites..
and then couple that with the detrimental impact of perpetuating a vicious cycle of clone coins being created and added to exchanges
is over all killing the scene for those of us that are already here in it.. we can't even find new coins to check out..
Vertcoin slipped under my radar because of a 100 coins a day posted in the ANN section burying any REAL hard work by real devs and not cloners.
and you have to chose, do you support one or the other ?
Cryptsy / BitJohn YOU CHOSE TO SUPPORT the coin cloners when you were given the choice.. saying you can support both is foolish and naive or deceitful.

and sadly you have for one year continually passed the buck on to your users knowing full well that they will simply flash mine any coin that gets on Cryptsy
to dump it on day 1 and move on to the next coin and they know it and you know it ..and you could do something but you don't.
further more you guys have now added a free + paid voting system so people can buy votes to get coins added
and that may be sleezy and ripe for abuse as you even admitted in your twitter feeds ..so why do it ?
To pass the buck further with this whole "user demand" angle that is why.. you guys accept no responsibility for any of these problems.

Even when for example there was a huge outcry last year when Orbit coin was added ..the public flipped the hell out and raged in unison (i found out later afterwards)
on your chat box (no surprise the chat box has been removed ..i wonder why lol) don't want another Oribitcoin rage episode i think lol
And low and behold to my surprise it was slipped back in mid-December with out a peep and that is not the only time either.. (nobody said a word 2nd time, thanks Nov. noobs)

Cryptsy is notorious for adding coins with no warning which is one thing but you guys take it further by not even telling people they have been added.
i can't count how many times way back that i have seen coins added days after the fact by accident.. and i wonder why ?
Bitjohn i had asked you and Mullick etc about that before and you guys almost always said "whoops" basically..
one time before the reply i got was kind of snarky and sarcastic, saying fine.. we'll add the info to the main page twitter feed will that make you happy ? lol
and of course you did it many times again afterwards anyway lol

So let pose this question.. why is it i have witnessed massive spikes in mining on dead or unpopular coins then suddenly they are added to Cryptsy with no warning or announcement ?
What was going on for a couple months with Orbit coin between Late AUG and December when it was re-added ? (yeah i know they were on an obscure exchange)
There wouldn't have been an opportunity for someone to buy them up super dirt cheap and wait for launch day would there ?
That whole routine has never happened has it Wink lol
Not that any exchange staff will EVER admit to hahaha ..but come on lets not play dumb anymore ok Wink
Let's not play dumb and pass the buck and kill the damn scene and then vanish and point the blame on others later when it's seriously screwed.

Bottom line.... Cryptsy says its all your fault guys so take the responsibility for it..... they won't.

PS:
Should we get into the problem with exchange staff making coins ? LOLOL

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:59:11 AM

I can give you numerous reasons why some folks knew about coin launches the biggest being some folks started seeing markets open before we had the wallet compiled by incrementing the markets beyond that which was listed. A sorta bug which some folks used to know a coin was coming before we finished downloading the chain etc. Some coins take a day or two to come online numerous technical reasons on our side.

I definitely don't like pump and dumps as you refer to them in fact I like pure non premine coins. Problem is developers of these coins tend to lose interest (they didn't or do not get paid) the phenomenon I have seen is coins with some incentive for a developer seem to have stronger developer and service support. I would be interested to hear from some of the service providers such as block chain explorers, gambling sites etc of the fair coins. Does anyone donate? Where in the premine coins they pay these services tend to maintain an explorer stick around for updates etc. Do I like it that folks don't work for free? No I like the pure ideal that folks do it to better crypto in general. Is this the case? Statistics and numbers are showing otherwise.

Any coin I have stood behind is a non premine so kinda states my standing on the issue. Do I think its fair to discount the others? Probably not anymore though I used to call it a flip flop if you would like. I also dont think its fair to attack folks who want to delve in those coins.

Bottom line I have never swayed from "if you do not like it do not buy it" and you will see the mass of coins being created slow very quickly. One of the reasons Cryptsy allows you to hide any coin you do not want to trade.

Cryptsy will continue to add coins its kind of our thing. As far as our processes being fair or not well we list the most of all..... The mission and purpose of the company was very simple:

Our Mission:
Provide a safe environment for users to trade crypto-currencies with other users in an efficient and easy to use manner.

For those of you that traded over the counter in the old days you know what that means. If you trade on an exchange that became insolvent you also know what that means. Customers are guaranteed to get what they want for the price they want to pay which was not always the case. Whether or not the investment is a good one well that I do not feel is good for anyone but the buyer and seller to decide.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:19:21 AM

Someone just 51'd a shitcoin. I hope there's more good news like these in the coming days to come. What a breath of fresh air, just thinking about all this shit getting cleared!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=565285.msg6158970#msg6158970

Holy Hannah...and here I was lurking, thinking that this sheet-storm was just talk.

Unless CleanWaterCoin was 51%ed independently, that is....

I think it was independent too... but it doesnt matter who's doing it. The important thing is that its getting the treatment it deserves. Can't wait for country coins to be obliterated into smithereens one by one. We have a fucking pest problem!!

I just hope it doesn't spin out of control.

But it does add some low-down glam to the cyber world at a time when all cybers seem to be suffering. That timing is not a coincidence, I aver.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:42:19 AM

I'm personally investing alot, both time and fiat into getting cryptos into the mainstream (via an ETF), and the presence of too many scamcoins makes mine (and other similar projects) a damn sight more harder.

ETF as in exchange-traded fund? Wow. Feel free to elaborate if you won't be breaching any confidentiality requirements.

Certainly at this point in time I'm embarrassed to send serious investors this way.

Granted that the altcoin scene doesn't make for anything to bring home to Mother, but a lookie outside this here echo chamber will show that Silk Road, Gox, etc. have placed a lot more acceptance barriers in front of Bitcoin than the alts.

Of course, the biggest barrier is natural skepticism. Let's face it: it's a lot easier to say "play money" or "Ponzi scheme" or "ideologues" or "git outta here" than it is to look into a new alternative. I think Peter Drucker once wrote - long before there was an Internet - that an innovation has to be about ten times as good in order to justify the retooling needed to adopting it.

From the standpoint of Joe Lunchbucket, sage advice like "don't leave your cybers at an exchange" or "back up and encrypt your wallet" or "caveat emptor" are huge alarm bells. Thinking of Bitcoin as currency, he'll realize: he doesn't have to order up physical "certificates of value" from his brokerage account; he doesn't have to put a padlock on his wallet; and, he can rely on those Good Ol' Regulators to relieve him of the need to caveat when he's empting.Wink This point ain't FUD: it's a glimpse into how Joe Lunchbucket thinks. It's a sure bet that any financial institution who caters to Joe Lunchbucket will think in the same terms.

Rather than FUD, you can see the above paragraph as a disguised forecast of the way cybers are going to go. Once Joe Lunchbucket sees that he can use cybers in the same carefree manner that he uses fiat et. al., he'll be a lot more open to the core argument for Bitcoin: a way of moving beyond the fiat system as we know it. But as long as that special caretaking is needed, he won't. It's too easy for him to stick to what he knows and is used to. That's why, even if the "Ponzi scheme" kind of FUD is batted down, another "no" will just take its place. Except, of course, for the pioneering few.

From this vantage point, the "Real Time Rootin' Tootin' Wild West Crypto Show" is a kind of selling point because it makes cybers look exciting and brings in the risk-takers and swashbucklers. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

jeliman

Activity: 227
Merit: 125

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:08:22 PM

wow, 75 pages of hatred and "protectionism" -  it reminds me of the topic about the opportunistic miners.

Both every-thinkable-word coins and the only-for-short-profit miners belong  to the cryptoworld and are necessarry for it cause they just drag people into it.

So dont hate it, take it easy and let the market solve for you Smiley

rewind 50 years and you'd be blowing Hitler and parading around swastikas at rallies while jews were getting gassed i'm sure..

hatred ? naaaw i see a response to raw unbridled stupidity on a historic level on the internet

l
o
l

mmm... I dont see the Nazi corelation.. Huh

decivox

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:19:07 PM

Add QuebecCoin to this list:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0

A province coin with 50% premine and IPO.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:13:53 PM

I've followed that coin a little bit and asked some questions to the dev. I haven't taken part in the IPO, nor am really keen on the nation coin stuff, but I believe the dev is on the level. The coin shows no signs of being a shitcoin ... good features, rational planning, and the dev is going to use at least one forum member + probably bank deposit box/vault to hold the premine. Of course I can't say it's not all some elaborate scam, but if you want to go after a nation coin, this one doesn't appear to be anywhere near the top of the scam list to me.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:48:19 PM

Add QuebecCoin to this list:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0

I've followed that coin a little bit and asked some questions to the dev. I haven't taken part in the IPO, nor am really keen on the nation coin stuff, but I believe the dev is on the level. The coin shows no signs of being a shitcoin ... good features, rational planning, and the dev is going to use at least one forum member + probably bank deposit box/vault to hold the premine. Of course I can't say it's not all some elaborate scam, but if you want to go after a nation coin, this one doesn't appear to be anywhere near the top of the scam list to me.

Ya and not all Nazi's gassed Jews.. some of them you just wanna give a big hug to lol

seriously your posting hey as far as scams go this scam is not as scammy as the other scams (which it is obviously) hahahha

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:02:23 PM

Ya and not all Nazi's gassed Jews.. some of them you just wanna give a big hug to lol

seriously your posting hey as far as scams go this scam is not as scammy as the other scams (which it is obviously) hahahha

Huh? What does nazis gassing jews have to do with understanding if a cryptocurrency may be legitimate or not? Just because a person says a coin appears to be on the level, it doesn't mean that person is okay with committing atrocities. Weird thought process you have there.

Anyway, read the Quebecoin thread. I wasn't fond of their IPO, but the dev does seem active, has a plan, and is actually from Quebec. Just because a coin is an IPO, it doesn't mean of course it's a scam. It could be... but saying it is beforehand based on a guess is just an opinion.

And my comment that this one doesn't appear to be as bad as others was more related to me questioning whatever thought process, if any, is behind some of the choices for this list. MarineCoin, MandarinCoin, AustraliaCoin... not on shit list. Shitcoins the OP made ... not on shit list. Coins nobody have heard of before, coins that will die off on their own... or coins with active devs... get put on the list. Logically it doesn't even make any sense.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:21:52 PM

Sorry to inform you, but you're picking on the wrong coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.msg6178455#msg6178455

I have to say, this other "QuébecCoin" creator is pretty pathetic. He's accusing me of not being a Québecer (a huge lie) as an excuse to why he rushed out his coin. Plus he's excluding a huge part of the Québec population with separatist ideals and he's also giving money to the government... His mining distribution also makes sure that his coin will be worthless. He generates 10x as many coins as QBC per day with around 2 times more coins total.

Sounds like a rush job to steal your thunder and attract greedy people who want to jump on board "the next Auroracoin."

JPGagnon has all the earmarks of someone who had another party swipe the credit for his own work.  Give him a pass.

JPGagnon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:32:36 PM

Huh? What does nazis gassing jews have to do with understanding if a cryptocurrency may be legitimate or not? Just because a person says a coin appears to be on the level, it doesn't mean that person is okay with committing atrocities. Weird thought process you have there.

Anyway, read the Quebecoin thread. I wasn't fond of their IPO, but the dev does seem active, has a plan, and is actually from Quebec. Just because a coin is an IPO, it doesn't mean of course it's a scam. It could be... but saying it is beforehand based on a guess is just an opinion.

And my comment that this one doesn't appear to be as bad as others was more related to me questioning whatever thought process, if any, is behind some of the choices for this list. MarineCoin, MandarinCoin, AustraliaCoin... not on shit list. Shitcoins the OP made ... not on shit list. Coins nobody have heard of before, coins that will die off on their own... or coins with active devs... get put on the list. Logically it doesn't even make any sense.

I'm really glad you came around poornamelessme. I'm the developer for QBC (Québecoin, the first coin for Québec, not the scrypt clone) and I have only good intentions, I've been answering every question in detail and I'm actually trying to make the concept of a nation coin work. If you give a look at my thread and read through it, you'll see what I'm about. We're the first nation coin who are going to secure the premine amongst other things. I'm trying really hard to get rid of the stigma associated with nation coins. Starting with the specs, we have X11 and DGW to make sure miners are happy.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:09:44 AM

50% premined country coin.. nuff said period .

Mk2vr6

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:18:22 AM

Says the scammer that was selling duff mining software.

Pot, kettle and black spring to mind.
memecoin

Activity: 308

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:13:19 AM

@Spoetnik

Crypsty chat awaits you!

Edit: http://www.grammarbook.com/english_rules.asp  Cheesy

Am I spamming? Report me!
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 01:51:50 PM

Hey, anybody heard of this scam coin? Not really sure about this one as I don't have any coding experience.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567160.msg6178351#msg6178351

That's not how asics work right? Can any programmers here confirm if anything he says makes any sense? He's got a wicked sense of humor and definitely could've fooled me a month ago. There's no proof, wallet, escrow, nothing. But I'm dying to know from a coder's point of view. Is it possible to have something like this even theoretically? Gridseeds being Scrypt only, is it possible to have two algos for the coin running simultaneously?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
XScrypt

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:50:08 PM

Hey, anybody heard of this scam coin? Not really sure about this one as I don't have any coding experience.

That's not how asics work right? Can any programmers here confirm if anything he says makes any sense? He's got a wicked sense of humor and definitely could've fooled me a month ago. There's no proof, wallet, escrow, nothing. But I'm dying to know from a coder's point of view. Is it possible to have something like this even theoretically? Gridseeds being Scrypt only, is it possible to have two algos for the coin running simultaneously?

Hypothetically, if a part of your algorithm has a step that depends on scrypt then you could define a message, send it to the ASIC, then get the result and continue on. There's nothing stopping people from having a 13 part algorithm that can use CPUs, GPUs, and ASICs in some combination.

Having a Java based wallet running in a browser is also possible, but you might as well say "TURN ME INTO A BOT NET NODE PLZ!". Most browsers have java execution turned off by default.

LTC- LKdDXfJbCqMHpqTZwhaMKRE51eA7PPsCYy
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:00:46 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 03:11:09 PM by Spoetnik

Says the scammer that was selling duff mining software.

Pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

i stole everything blah blah blahhh
how does that make a 50% premined coin legit ? i must be missing something, how does that work ?

and memecoin what is the point talking to Free Market'eers and again leaving myself open for stalkers to troll on me more.

oh and iGotSots or Eli0t any miners i made before work good and i sill use them myself Smiley

see here.. the accusation against me and my miner
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270852.msg3232120#msg3232120
no point bring it up all over again here lol

sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 03:44:37 PM

Hypothetically, if a part of your algorithm has a step that depends on scrypt then you could define a message, send it to the ASIC, then get the result and continue on. There's nothing stopping people from having a 13 part algorithm that can use CPUs, GPUs, and ASICs in some combination.

Having a Java based wallet running in a browser is also possible, but you might as well say "TURN ME INTO A BOT NET NODE PLZ!". Most browsers have java execution turned off by default.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm going to wait till some more info comes along. Launch is almost a month away... I'm sure there will be more updates from the "dev" in due time. Maybe even go all out and gamble a bit with a disposable 0.01 BTC! Dont want to miss a train if its genuine Tongue

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
fudbuster

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:19:50 PM

Kudos to the person who started this movement as it is desperately needed.

I will do my best to warn people away from shitcoins and as my name suggests, bust FUD wherever it is found.

Death to shitcoins!
ParsnipCommander

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:54:19 AM

Glad I found this thread... I just made something asking about it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567441.msg6182024#msg6182024

Cool

We should make a nice website that
1) lists the shitcoins in terms of how shitty
2) have a best practices for knowing the signs of a stinky altcoin
3) FAQ
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: