Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:35:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176697 times)
cech4204a

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:56:04 PM

how will you make creators to stop mining that shit coin? more reduction in mining means more attractive mining...it's a loop that never ends Smiley

Bitcoin is DEAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:12:41 PM

* The blockchain will be (and grow) most likely larger than bitcoin one (for the same usage), by a linear factor. Probably something like 5~20 times. Many people don't think it's a problem since it's the price to pay for anonymity. Is this range of numbers not acceptable for you?

If MRO has a goal of being confined to a niche coin used only by people that have an absolute need for anonymity, then a huge block chain that crawls is no issue.

If MRO desires to be a widely accepted form of money transfer and storage, then speed and anonymity will be what puts it out front of all coins. No such coin exist today.

Solve the diff issue, solve the bloat issue, break the known barriers.

~BCX~

The diff issue we're not too worried about. The current algo requires you to manipulate timestamps for 12 hours, which is difficult, and you'd need >50% hash rate to successfully pull off a timestamping attack given that you can't overtake the main chain without a higher cumulative difficulty. If you have >50% hash rate, you can do lots of other terrible things anyway.

As far as the bloat issue, we watch the blockchain every day to make sure it isn't being abused, if it is we'll raise fees immediately and pass that code to the pool ops. We're trying to keep the fees low to incentivize the spreading of wealth around right now.

I wouldn't really classify Monero as a shitcoin, we never had a premine or instamine (like ByteCoin) and the distribution so far has been very fair:
http://monerochain.info/charts/coins

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 04:32:40 PM

Muddafudda seems pretty lazy, since he started this thread around 500 more shitcoins appeared. What the hell is he doing?

NEWS FLASH !

This war on shitcoin is as fake as BitcoinEXpress and his fake war on the pathological liars and cheats we know as Cryptsy.

@Hippietech

I'm not real sure what your issues are with me are but you need to get your facts straight. I am not in a war with Cryptsy and have always been one of their biggest fans since they launched. For a very short time I had some issues with them not related to the trading but they worked it out rather quickly with the proper motivation.

- snipped -

~BCX~

I distinctly remember your warnings about the impending attack on their servers with BitJohn and some of the regulars playing along by acting concerned/scared.

I don't have any screenshots or chat logs to prove it...  yet. Grin

tacotime
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:48:46 PM

For the time being I am looking at solving the diff issue.

Is this your chain?

I'm one of the core team members and the original person to fork the bitmonero repo, so I have some say in what gets committed to master.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:01:05 PM

interesting..
i read everyone replies since i last posted here and it's nice to see people talking not name calling LOL

i have no need or interest in any anonymous coin so the reason Monero was made is lost on me entirely.
so take that away then what am i left with ?

BCX's comment on the block chain size in the future is a VERY interesting point !
That sounds to me like a step in reverse..

he said word for word basically.. he was contacted he said to look at shitcoin Monero.
and i can see why too..
the behavior in the forum on this coin matchs other coins.. topic spamming and bumping to be on page 1
that is a red flag usually so if you have your bag holders etc doing that then don't be surprised you get a backlash.. smarten up guys.
get some integrity.
most of us can tell if someone is name dropping and creating a topic for disguised advertising.
and there has been some of that i think going on with Monero.

It's better than a lot of coins from the sounds of it but that does not make it good either.
and i don't see fixing things that i myself do NOT consider to be a problem a good reason for Monero or any coin to exist.
I don't think so called anonymous coins have any usefulness at all !
The what are we left on Monero ?
This talk reminds me of VRC actually..
Adds stuff we don't need and tries to ride on Bitcoins coat-tails.. why bother with xyz altcoin when you can just use Bitcoin itself ?
and taking steps in the wrong direction is not smart or innovative or good etc etc..
like making a far more bloated block chain way worse that how bad many are already is dumb..
anonymity features are dumb gimmicky useless crap and and adding centralization to a decentralized norm is dumb etc..

i see STILL no matter what see guys thinking they found an excuse to make coin 1,001 and i don't buy it.
and making things worse is a symptom.. you can't add a feature not needed and make other features worse (the symptom)
if you have new features that are good the best thing to do i think would be to make a new coin that addresses the other issues too.
so if adding anon features make the block chain way bigger than most coins now don't you think the point 2 should be corrected before launching coin #1,001 ?
see what i mean ?

so let me get this straight..
some guy made the coin Monero and took off and 7 guys took over and they wouldn't be bag holding now would they ?
so people jumped on it and are trying to justify it.. and they say they don't care about money ? bullshit LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
binaryFate
Legendary

Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:09:24 PM

interesting..
i read everyone replies since i last posted here and it's nice to see people talking not name calling LOL

i have no need or interest in any anonymous coin so the reason Monero was made is lost on me entirely.

BCX's comment on the block chain size in the future is a VERY interesting point !
That sounds to me like a step in reverse..

he said word for word basically.. he was contacted he said to look at shitcoin Monero.
and i can see why too..
the behavior in the forum on this coin matchs other coins.. topic spamming and bumping to be on page 1
that is a red flag usually so if you have your bag holders etc doing that then don't be surprised you get a backlash.. smarten up guys.
get some integrity.
most of us can tell if someone is name dropping and creating a topic for disguised advertising.
and there has been some of that i think going on with Monero.

It's better than a lot of coins from the sounds of it but that does not make it good either.
and i don't see fixing things that i myself do NOT consider to be a problem a good reason for Monero or any coin to exist.
The what are we left on Monero ?
This talk reminds me of VRC actually..
Adds stuff we don't need and tries to ride on Bitcoins coat-tails.. why bother with xyz altcoin when you can just use Bitcoin itself ?
and taking steps in the wrong direction is not smart or innovative or good etc etc..
like making a far more bloated block chain way worse that how bad many are already is dumb..
anonymity features are dumb gimmicky useless crap and and adding centralization to a decentralized norm is dumb etc..

i see STILL no matter what see guys thinking they found an excuse to make coin 1,001 and i don't buy it.
and making things worse is a symptom.. you can't add a feature not needed and make other features worse (the symptom)

so let me get this straight..
some guy made the coin Monero and took off and 7 guys took over and they wouldn't be bag holding now would they ?
so people jumped on it an dare trying to justify it.. and they say they don't are about money ? bullshit LOL

You clearly have no idea what you are taking about. Go research a bit and post constructive criticism instead of an irrelevant vague rant.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:11:26 PM

I myself was a darkcoin fanatic. I deeply despised altcoins that were threatening to darkcoin. I know, that many current fanboys for other coins, feel threatened by monero., as I did. That's probably why they messaged BCX about monero. However, I am not like them, I still keep up darkcoin and still hold a very sizable amount, I've also looked into every other altcoin proposing anonymity. I truthfully, have to say, that out of all the anon coins out there, Monero beats them all, in design, features, and development team.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:49:01 PM

2) Bloat - currently anyone that wanted to spend a few BTC and has mid level developer skills could bring MRO to a grinding halt today. Simply increasing transactions four times combined with doubling the hash rate, something that will definitely happen with increased adoption will bring the chain to a halt. Do the math, in one year you will be looking at at a theoretical 75-100GB block chain. A solution needs to be implemented. Several are discussed on this forum over the past years.

You're doing the math wrong. The current rate of blockchain growth of about 6 MB per day (see below). Increase the transactions 4x and that goes to 24 MB per day or 8.7 GB per year, not 75-100 GB.

Increasing the hash rate has no meaningful effect on the blockchain size.

Blockchain size (the on-disk storage usage is somewhat larger, but that is being optimized):
http://monerochain.info/charts/bcsize
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:12:50 PM

I found the Cryptonote technology quite interesting with their ring signatures but it still quite young technology. I had the option of working with Cryptonote but I decided against it because of the bloat issues mentioned and now reiterated by BCX. Their Blockchain would be worth looking into if it provided automatic pruning of spent addresses and could work as Proof of Stake only. Anonymity is good but you tend to get that anyways through cross-chain transactions but if the blockchain is growing at a large rate, it becomes a race against time in order to effectively reduce that size.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 01:24:07 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 01:51:18 AM by NewLiberty

Why is a more private crypto currency desirable by some?

First, Monero isn't anonymous.  It does provide some privacy enhancements which are necessary for certain real world applications.  I respect that you have no need for these privacy features.  However consider this:

Multinational corporation with offices in 100+ countries that earns money in some and loses in others.  The new locations are funded by the successful ones overseas.  There are a few thousand of these corporations globally.  They all have the challenge of international settlement and would deeply benefit from a crypto currency that would allow them to do this.

They won't use Bitcoin because it hasn't the privacy they need innately.  They could get the privacy they need with Bitcoin, but doing that requires a level of expertise and care that makes it prohibitive for them to delegate to low level functionaries around the world.

Why do they need privacy?  Because they are competitive enterprises.  Bitcoin public block chain is easily inspected and easily deconstructed.  The MNC's competition can see what direction they are going and that provides an advantage to the competitor of those that would use Bitcoin for this purpose.

CryptoNote provides this privacy innately.  Consider the users of CryptoNote's first implementation.  These weren't dark net illicit scoundrels, they were business people.  The MNC is the sweet spot for crypto currency.  There is 1000x more money in use there than the illicit trade, it moves faster, and it is what the world today is built upon.

There may never be a purely anonymous coin, or at least not more anonymous than PMs already are.  Were one created it might provoke overwhelming response from TPTB.

Some suggest MNCs are the devil, but when you have people in different countries working toward common goals, those nations have good reasons not to fight.  So maybe you don't care, but maybe you live in a country that might be in a war but isn't because of this sort of trade.  Wars suck, less of these, please.  This fact is the reason for one of those other weird alt coins, created by that little dev team, the ECB (The EURO).

"If goods don't cross borders, armies will" - Frederic Bastiat (probably)

Does Monero have the ability to create world peace?  No, but it is a step in the right direction.  A small, but important one.  Do not underestimate it.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:30:52 AM

First, Monero isn't anonymous.  It does provide some privacy enhancements which are necessary for certain real world applications.  I respect that you have no need for these privacy features.  However consider this:

Multinational corporation with offices in 100+ countries that earns money in some and loses in others.  The new locations are funded by the successful ones overseas.  There are a few thousand of these corporations globally.  They all have the challenge of international settlement and would deeply benefit from a crypto currency that would allow them to do this.

They won't use Bitcoin because it hasn't the privacy they need innately.  They could get the privacy they need with Bitcoin, but doing that requires a level of expertise and care that makes it prohibitive for them to delegate to low level functionaries around the world.

Why do they need privacy?  Because they are competitive enterprises.  Bitcoin public block chain is easily inspected and easily deconstructed.  The MNC's competition can see what direction they are going and that provides an advantage to the competitor of those that would use Bitcoin for this purpose.

CryptoNote provides this privacy innately.  Consider the users of CryptoNote's first implementation.  These weren't dark net illicit scoundrels, they were business people.  The MNC is the sweet spot for crypto currency.  There is 1000x more money in use there than the illicit trade, it moves faster, and it is what the world today is built upon.

There may never be a purely anonymous coin, or at least not more anonymous than PMs already are.  Were one created it might provoke overwhelming response from TPTB.

Some suggest MNCs are the devil, but when you have people in different countries working toward common goals, those nations have good reasons not to fight.  So maybe you don't care, but maybe you live in a country that might be in a war but isn't because of this sort of trade.  Wars suck, less of these, please.

"If goods don't cross borders, armies will" - Frederic Bastiat (probably)

What is the point of this post?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:21:31 AM

well this Topic was not intended to be about Monero LOL
BCX commented and i see why it caused a stir..
i tried to touch on the point as to WHY this happened.

- We ARE in a scene with a lot of crap coins.
- We ALL come here to sift through what is what.
- There has been at first glance a lot of page 1 Monero topics. (deliberately pushed to page AKA: bumping)

so right off that at first glance i see why your going to get people in the public on edge about it.
there is way too many alternative scheme coins and most are not good and involve IPO's etc.
So what i see here is an issue where a lot of us didn't know much about Monero but it's getting shoved in our face..
A lot of us "tune out" and ignore much of all this.. so the conflict arised here because this is where we pay attention
this topic and others.. if this topic title was "Monero to the Moon" i prob wouldn't have read it and if i did i would be bashing the topic title lol
so......
You guys need to set the record straight about your coin and i pointed that out already on a Monero spam advertising topic
you guys went on with fanboyism and i said huh you think maybe posting at least once the coin spec's etc would be smart ?
and some guy did..
So.. so..
It's been around for a while and i think the Monero Team has failed at making it known what Monero is all about.
You Monero guys need to work sharpening your focus on less topics and more informative cut and dry info..
much of these alternative coisn that ARE very different than the usual clones are *usually scammy with IPO's i think
and also hard to explain.. just see how many walls of text are posted about it here so far..
And think about it.. if your forever going to have to write a book to get people involved you gotta problem from the start.
when it comes to convincing people to get on board etc..

and before the last recent wave of activity and now i still don't see any reason to get involved with Monero myself.
If you all do then fine good luck with that..
Note:
(i have NOT said it's a scam before and i am NOT saying that now)

FUD first & ask questions later™
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:37:47 AM

I wrote some similar concerns about Monero (Cryptonote) and also what I like and don't like about various coins. You can start at this post and read forward to the end of the page, wherein I get into the blockchain bloat issue.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:27:55 AM

I'm just curious what bcx meant by "bitjohn will determine the outcome". What does Cryptsy have to do with this and what is their connection to bcx?

waiting for xmr cryptsy acceptance status, the big man bitjohn will give the final word

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 10:32:56 AM

I'm just curious what bcx meant by "bitjohn will determine the outcome". What does Cryptsy have to do with this and what is their connection to bcx?

Responded to this on another thread without realising the question was here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709197.msg8032356#msg8032356

DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:09:01 PM

I wrote some similar concerns about Monero (Cryptonote) and also what I like and don't like about various coins. You can start at this post and read forward to the end of the page, wherein I get into the blockchain bloat issue.

I've read your various posts. Mostly interesting stuff.

You seem to know a lot, about a lot, without actually liking a lot. Why do you do crypto at all, when you clearly prefer cash?
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:26:16 PM

I myself was a darkcoin fanatic. I deeply despised altcoins that were threatening to darkcoin. I know, that many current fanboys for other coins, feel threatened by monero., as I did. That's probably why they messaged BCX about monero. However, I am not like them, I still keep up darkcoin and still hold a very sizable amount, I've also looked into every other altcoin proposing anonymity. I truthfully, have to say, that out of all the anon coins out there, Monero beats them all, in design, features, and development team.

any others?
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 12:36:12 PM

Why is a more private crypto currency desirable by some?

First, Monero isn't anonymous.  It does provide some privacy enhancements which are necessary for certain real world applications.  I respect that you have no need for these privacy features.  However consider this:

Multinational corporation with offices in 100+ countries that earns money in some and loses in others.  The new locations are funded by the successful ones overseas.  There are a few thousand of these corporations globally.  They all have the challenge of international settlement and would deeply benefit from a crypto currency that would allow them to do this.

They won't use Bitcoin because it hasn't the privacy they need innately.  They could get the privacy they need with Bitcoin, but doing that requires a level of expertise and care that makes it prohibitive for them to delegate to low level functionaries around the world.

Why do they need privacy?  Because they are competitive enterprises.  Bitcoin public block chain is easily inspected and easily deconstructed.  The MNC's competition can see what direction they are going and that provides an advantage to the competitor of those that would use Bitcoin for this purpose.

CryptoNote provides this privacy innately.  Consider the users of CryptoNote's first implementation.  These weren't dark net illicit scoundrels, they were business people.  The MNC is the sweet spot for crypto currency.  There is 1000x more money in use there than the illicit trade, it moves faster, and it is what the world today is built upon.

An end note from a reformed former political junkie: if you can sell Monero to big corporations on that basis, you will have influential "friends in court" to fend off any Drug-War-style crackdown on anonymous currencies by TPTB. Of course, that means you gotta schmooze them - perhaps through hitting it off with their kids...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 12:36:30 PM

Monero is just hype. It's not going anywhere without the right people from here, which are not on board.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
clovex

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:54:49 PM

Monero is just hype. It's not going anywhere without the right people from here, which are not on board.

How aren't the right people on board? they have the best team, the rest of anon coins are objective shit.
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: