Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:12:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176696 times)
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:36:00 PM

I myself was a darkcoin fanatic. I deeply despised altcoins that were threatening to darkcoin. I know, that many current fanboys for other coins, feel threatened by monero., as I did. That's probably why they messaged BCX about monero. However, I am not like them, I still keep up darkcoin and still hold a very sizable amount, I've also looked into every other altcoin proposing anonymity. I truthfully, have to say, that out of all the anon coins out there, Monero beats them all, in design, features, and development team.
Monero is just hype. It's not going anywhere without the right people from here, which are not on board.

ya man. u need the 'right people' to be 'on board' or u can't succeed.

seriously. monero is the target for operation shitcoin cleanout and cleanup.

thats a strong buy signal.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 01:59:21 PM

I myself was a darkcoin fanatic. I deeply despised altcoins that were threatening to darkcoin. I know, that many current fanboys for other coins, feel threatened by monero., as I did. That's probably why they messaged BCX about monero. However, I am not like them, I still keep up darkcoin and still hold a very sizable amount, I've also looked into every other altcoin proposing anonymity. I truthfully, have to say, that out of all the anon coins out there, Monero beats them all, in design, features, and development team.
Monero is just hype. It's not going anywhere without the right people from here, which are not on board.

Actually it doesnt seem to be a target as far i can understand.
cassius69

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:04:51 PM

Actually it doesnt seem to be a target as far i can understand.

okay. because these guys have done a terrible job of cleaning out shitcoins. since this thread launched the number of shitcoins has blossommed into the hundreds if not thousands.

Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:02:11 PM

Okay. because these guys have done a terrible job of cleaning out shitcoins. since this thread launched the number of shitcoins has blossommed into the hundreds if not thousands.

LOL .. So let's assume that they're all ShitCoins except for ??

BTC
NXT
Anonymous flavor of the month ( CLOAK/DRK/XMR )

Any other keepers  ??

Triff .. @accentuating-the-positive.com

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:37:41 PM

You really think so? i participated in the GUI contest and reviewed code of the competing flavors. i didn't see one i'd put my hat on as the defacto reference client, but i saw alot of promise from each camp. Of the altcoins floating around at the moment, i'd put the most stock in Monero. then again, Mastercoin, NXT, Ethereum and others showed promise, before dissapearing completely.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:41:26 PM

You know I support darkcoin, but lying isn't the way to go....

Moneros has a fair distribution, as well as superior tech. I like both coins equally, and support both coins.

They both bring different things to the table. Darkcoins advantage is masternodes, which like it or not, really helps solve the lack of nodes issue, which even bit coin is experiencing. Moneros advantage is ring signatures, which indeed has the best anonymity out there, without needing to sacrifice trust, like in the case of zero cash.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 09:10:51 PM

i have no need or interest in any anonymous coin so the reason Monero was made is lost on me entirely.
so take that away then what am i left with ?
I don't think so called anonymous coins have any usefulness at all !
Why is a more private crypto currency desirable by some?

First, Monero isn't anonymous.  It does provide some privacy enhancements which are necessary for certain real world applications.  I respect that you have no need for these privacy features.  However consider this:

Multinational corporation with offices in 100+ countries that earns money in some and loses in others.  The new locations are funded by the successful ones overseas.  There are a few thousand of these corporations globally.  They all have the challenge of international settlement and would deeply benefit from a crypto currency that would allow them to do this.

They won't use Bitcoin because it hasn't the privacy they need innately.  They could get the privacy they need with Bitcoin, but doing that requires a level of expertise and care that makes it prohibitive for them to delegate to low level functionaries around the world.

Why do they need privacy?  Because they are competitive enterprises.  Bitcoin public block chain is easily inspected and easily deconstructed.  The MNC's competition can see what direction they are going and that provides an advantage to the competitor of those that would use Bitcoin for this purpose.

CryptoNote provides this privacy innately.  Consider the users of CryptoNote's first implementation.  These weren't dark net illicit scoundrels, they were business people.  The MNC is the sweet spot for crypto currency.  There is 1000x more money in use there than the illicit trade, it moves faster, and it is what the world today is built upon.

An end note from a reformed former political junkie: if you can sell Monero to big corporations on that basis, you will have influential "friends in court" to fend off any Drug-War-style crackdown on anonymous currencies by TPTB. Of course, that means you gotta schmooze them - perhaps through hitting it off with their kids...
Its easier than you might think.  They want it already and are just waiting for the solution.
Multinational Corporations have come to me looking to answer this problem.  Some are already doing it.  
Monero is still too immature, not enough liquidity yet, and the MNC decision cycles are not short, but if CryptoNote continues on the current path, it is the best contender yet for new entrants from that constituency.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:31:11 PM

2) Bloat - currently anyone that wanted to spend a few BTC and has mid level developer skills could bring MRO to a grinding halt today. Simply increasing transactions four times combined with doubling the hash rate, something that will definitely happen with increased adoption will bring the chain to a halt. Do the math, in one year you will be looking at at a theoretical 75-100GB block chain. A solution needs to be implemented. Several are discussed on this forum over the past years.

You're doing the math wrong. The current rate of blockchain growth of about 6 MB per day (see below). Increase the transactions 4x and that goes to 24 MB per day or 8.7 GB per year, not 75-100 GB.

Increasing the hash rate has no meaningful effect on the blockchain size.

Blockchain size (the on-disk storage usage is somewhat larger, but that is being optimized):
http://monerochain.info/charts/bcsize

I can get a calculator out, so what happens if transactions go to 10x or 100x? That's what you want right? Success = more transactions.  So what are we talking about here 9 GB / yr, 90 GB /yr or 900 GB / yr? If its anything north of 20 GB / yr then that is a rate limiting factor for growth, is it not?

Help me out here, I have quite a few xmr coins and this does make me nervous.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:27:20 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 06:38:42 AM by smooth

2) Bloat - currently anyone that wanted to spend a few BTC and has mid level developer skills could bring MRO to a grinding halt today. Simply increasing transactions four times combined with doubling the hash rate, something that will definitely happen with increased adoption will bring the chain to a halt. Do the math, in one year you will be looking at at a theoretical 75-100GB block chain. A solution needs to be implemented. Several are discussed on this forum over the past years.

You're doing the math wrong. The current rate of blockchain growth of about 6 MB per day (see below). Increase the transactions 4x and that goes to 24 MB per day or 8.7 GB per year, not 75-100 GB.

Blockchain size (the on-disk storage usage is somewhat larger, but that is being optimized):

I can get a calculator out, so what happens if transactions go to 10x or 100x? That's what you want right? Success = more transactions.  So what are we talking about here 9 GB / yr, 90 GB /yr or 900 GB / yr? If its anything north of 20 GB / yr then that is a rate limiting factor for growth, is it not?

Look, if usage grows 10x or 100x, the same thing happens to Bitcoin if Bitcoin is successful. The difference is roughly a factor of 5, not orders of magnitude. So if bitcoin would need 100 GB, then we need 500 GB. Those are quite comparable in terms of disk size, bandwidth, etc. and both feasible for a mid-high end desktop computer. If Bitcoin would need 100 TB (plausible under some assumptions I suppose) then we would been 500 TB. Both of these numbers only work (thought they do work) in data center environment, though perhaps a small one.

On another thread I pointed out that 5x is comparable to the progress of Moore's law since Bitcoin was released 5 years ago. So in terms of resource feasibility, Monero shortly after its inception is right about where Bitcoin was shortly after its inception.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:07:00 AM

I can get a calculator out, so what happens if transactions go to 10x or 100x? That's what you want right? Success = more transactions.  So what are we talking about here 9 GB / yr, 90 GB /yr or 900 GB / yr? If its anything north of 20 GB / yr then that is a rate limiting factor for growth, is it not?

I recently bought about the cheapest computer I could find.  It has a 500GB HD.  Today including the Monero blockchain I'm using 8% of it's capacity.  At 20GB/yr that's 20 years before it fills up.  HDs are now in terabytes so in 20 years I guess they'll be petabytes or exabytes.

I really don't know much so maybe I'm missing something.

nioc, aka The Drooling Masses®
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:53:32 AM

not exactly shitcoin per se but.. there is new scam -  https://freshex.org/
this exachange doesnt take deposits - they just steal them.

not sure of powers of users here but maybe this can get pwned too.

DogTheHunter

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:54:11 AM

I recently bought about the cheapest computer I could find.  It has a 500GB HD.  Today including the Monero blockchain I'm using 8% of it's capacity.  At 20GB/yr that's 20 years before it fills up.  HDs are now in terabytes so in 20 years I guess they'll be petabytes or exabytes.

I really don't know much so maybe I'm missing something.

nioc, aka The Drooling Masses®

well we also have to think about places in the world that have poor internet infrastructures and global issues on download restrictions, let alone affordability on hardware.

This is not a trivial issue, IMO.  There are growth restrictions, but that is ok as long as we know that is the case.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 10:29:38 AM

well we also have to think about places in the world that have poor internet infrastructures and global issues on download restrictions, let alone affordability on hardware.

This is not a trivial issue, IMO.  There are growth restrictions, but that is ok as long as we know that is the case.

As a South African I'm in the ideal place to test Monero under rubbish Internet infrastructure:) A lightweight wallet would be great here, but it'll still be too heavy for mobile phones, for instance.

I think that off-chain services are better suited to certain parts of the globe, with a small number of full nodes running in that country. At the same time, solutions to this differ from environment to environment, and will reveal themselves over time as people in that country who know the lay of the land decide to drive it.

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:39:53 PM

BitcoinEXpress: Please disclose the amount of Bitcoin you were payed, to participate in ongoing controlled anti monero-FUD campaign and what is part of the agreement.

If you to wan't get respected as pro or some kind of "coin authority", than you have to act professional and disclose, when you do get payed working against (legitmate) coins/projects. (It's a question of credibility & fairness ...) Thank you.

In the mean time, I wish you good luck with personal life. I hope finally had the power to kick off your bad habits.
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:03:11 PM

Let me clarify a few things since I consider myself an expert on BCX LOL.

1) I never called or have I determined Monero to be a shitcoin. I clearly stated in my first post in another thread "that I had a few PM's asking me to *look at a shitcoin called Monero*"

2) I have never said I was going to attack it.

3) I am clearly in an evaluation mode and I am adding machines and rigs to it daily.

4) I am actually working on a solution to the diff exploit on my own as I do not play well in groups. I will share the code with TT if I am successful. The bloat issue is trivial, the devs could fix it tomorrow if they wanted.

5) Fluffy is correct, I do not possess magical powers. What I do posses is the ability conjecture up staggering amounts of cpu hashrate on demand, very large amounts of gpu and asic hashrates (I realize asics are useless here), a large network of like minded people, skill and more btc than I will ever spend as I was cpu mining Bitcoin pre GPU mining. This gives me the ability to bring enormous amounts of hash rate or traffic to any chain, pool or site I choose to. Some incorrectly accuse me of doing so maliciously Huh

6) Like a lot of the devs I have proven wrong time and time over, Fluffy and TT are incorrect about needing 51% to TW a chain. I nailed Auroracoin to the cross with ~20%. At this moment in time it would take me ~22 days to do so. It took me 12 days for AUR.

7) I think MRO has potential and more importantly Bitjohn has indicated to me that Cryptsy will implement MRO as soon as the technical situation is worked out. So mine and buy up people Crypto is evolving.

Hope that answers any questions.

~BCX~

Quoted this from another thread.

Also, it's funny how DRK and other shitcoins supporters ask someone to do a review and eventually when the review is done and not in their best interest, they're saying the reviewer was corrupted.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:37:49 PM

You really think so? i participated in the GUI contest and reviewed code of the competing flavors. i didn't see one i'd put my hat on as the defacto reference client, but i saw alot of promise from each camp. Of the altcoins floating around at the moment, i'd put the most stock in Monero. then again, Mastercoin, NXT, Ethereum and others showed promise, before dissapearing completely.
If i look back on your history here, I'd rather not trust your judgement.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cassius69

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:48:37 PM

if we want to get rid of shitcoins we need to eliminate shitpeople.

shitpeople are the ones making the shitcoins.

they created the shitblizzard and its fault the winds of shit are blowing in their direction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srq_MbsUTuM

convince people to stop buying the shitcoins and the shitdevs will leave.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:54:52 PM

BitcoinEXpress: Please disclose the amount of Bitcoin you were payed, to participate in ongoing controlled anti monero-FUD campaign and what is part of the agreement.

If you to wan't get respected as pro or some kind of "coin authority", than you have to act professional and disclose, when you do get payed working against (legitmate) coins/projects. (It's a question of credibility & fairness ...) Thank you.

In the mean time, I wish you good luck with personal life. I hope finally had the power to kick off your bad habits.

he is a PRO and he proved it loooooong ago.. so he has nothing to prove.

and YOU are in fact the only one who needs to disclose anything !
that would be your rather nasty accusation that he is being paid to FUD coins.
prove it !
..or STFU.

Further more there is NOTHING wrong with FUD'ing coins.
each and ever single person in Crypto should be fed a steady diet of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.
WHY ? look around you..
FUD = Responsible.

FUD = a term used by scammers to try and white wash their corrupt and deceitful behavior.

your full of a monolithic pile of shit !

you said this..

ongoing controlled anti monero-FUD campaign

- Ongoing ? ..He made 2 VAGUE comments.. repeating what HE WAS TOLD !
- Controlled ? he ain't controlling me.. is he controlling you ?
- Coordinated FUD campaign ? he's the leader huh ? we're secretly trying to destroy the coin right ?
- FUD ? = kiss my coins ass or i will attack you personally and call your criticism or discussion FUD i guess eh ?

This is a forum for talking about coins.. so we do.
how is that always FUD ? if the criticism or discussion has the slightest negativity to it ?
it's not called FUD it's called "Talking".

I swear i would love to punch out the pricks that invented the internet meme term FUD and Troll Roll Eyes

brats have made it popular with their bratty antics.. with the word Troll.
If you see something said you don't like on the internet it's a given snotty dumb kids will call you a Troll and accusing you of FUD'ing
and they have to because they don't posses the intelligence to carry on a conversation..
it's the equivalent of seeing adults talking and having some angry brat run up to you and scream "Your a poo poo head"
and then them thinking they won a debate all proud and shit LOL

gimme a break little shits.. big kids are talking so empty your dick holster's and use your big kid voice brats !

and Google search the Term Troll while your at it.. because clearly 90% of you out there have no idea what the words mean you say constantly.

Please stay in school kids.. seriously do us a favor.. i really worry about the future  Huh

FUD first & ask questions later™
DogTheHunter

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:03:12 PM

they created the shitblizzard and its fault the winds of shit are blowing in their direction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srq_MbsUTuM

Get rid of coinmarketcrap, or only create a place for 20 coins.
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:07:08 PM

Get rid of coinmarketcrap, or only create a place for 20 coins.

20 coins? I would say he less it's to cramped and annoying to navigate now thats theres hundreds.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: