Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:01:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176712 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 11:36:51 PM

So after 103 pages pages, here are the stats on the project:

Increase in shitcoins: 350%
Scamcoins Killed: 0

Yes, but without this thread those numbers would be even higher!

Also, shitcoins like Diamond will die naturally without any intervention.  Just look at the flood of crap marketing babble on the DMD thread, and contrast that to the stagnant $245/day volume if you want to confirm it's true.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:27:27 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 06:58:43 PM by Spoetnik

Number of fights started: 35
Number of death threats: 3
Number of premature accusations: 2,123
Number of spam posts: 459
Scamcoins Killed: 0

you forgot about the hacking DDOS attempts me and BCX and YOU were accused of on cryptopaths.

and i agree it's debatable that any coins were in fact destroyed via this topic.
But i have personally shot holes through the moronic scam-coin defense logic here..
there by making them look like idiots and being heavily persuasive on the matter.

notice when this topic started everyone was defending these shit coins ? actually saying stuff like, we need MORE !
and NOW we see a huge trend where everyone is now thinking it's cool to say you hate shit coins.
a complete turn around LOL

- a list of scam coin promoters have been outed.
- a list of scam coins have been given negative exposure to warn new users.
- new ideas have been born from this topic such as an attack pool.
- guys that are secretly behind scam coins making them have been exposed.
- rationally with logical points it's been posted these shit coins are bad. (someone had to explain why)

this topic alone has had a MASSIVE impact on shit coins in general in a wide diverse range of ways.
Saying it did nothing is silly nonsense.. no natter how many times some of you keep saying it.

all along i have said they will kill the scene.. go back some pages, i really did say it.
and since then it happened !
So i was on record with it all Wink

and i have personally shut these scam coin defenders up.. notice NONE of them even try to defend them anymore ?
They lost the fight and our team won !  Cool
The battle was for public perception....... not for coins
the vast majority of all talking that goes on here is all just a little game for the audience like putting on a show.
..for or against scam coins.

and the trend these days is scam coins are bad and market prices are down = we won the war !
the excuse makers tucked their tails between their legs and left long ago !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Willisius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:55:04 AM

I remember Spoetnik saying they would kill the scene. Anyway, I think the most effective way of hindering shit/scamcoins is to warn new people as early as possible, so they don't have to learn the hard way, and I think this thread has done some of that.
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:03:37 AM

Shitcoins are struggling for surviving. I am interested in seeing how they could recover.
Robif

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:36:31 AM

almost all of coins listed on coinmarketcap that are not in top 20 are shitcoins,
thumbs up for dogecoin, no spectacular innovation but great in marketing and donation strategies
mastercoin WTF  Huh

others will die out eventually with large probability of pulling litecoin, dogecoin, peercoin 
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:03:56 PM

Number of fights started: 35
Number of death threats: 3
Number of premature accusations: 2,123
Number of spam posts: 459
Scamcoins Killed with public knowledge: 0
  Cheesy

Fixed
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:04:42 PM

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:44:45 PM

I remember Spoetnik saying they would kill the scene. Anyway, I think the most effective way of hindering shit/scamcoins is to warn new people as early as possible, so they don't have to learn the hard way, and I think this thread has done some of that.

That is not really consistent with human nature. Warnings are generally ignored, or make the forbidden fruit even more appealing. The only way for people to really learn something is to get burned/scammed. So in that sense efforts like this thread are counterproductive, though I don't think in reality this thread has done a damn thing at all.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 12:00:41 PM

That is not really consistent with human nature. Warnings are generally ignored, or make the forbidden fruit even more appealing. The only way for people to really learn something is to get burned/scammed. So in that sense efforts like this thread are counterproductive, though I don't think in reality this thread has done a damn thing at all.

This thread was created by a scammer, blackmailer, crytpsy shill who is responsible for many/most of the broken and abandoned coins currently trading at cryptsy (the garden of eden of shitcoins).

What did you expect ? lol

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:55:52 PM

+1000

I learned everything in crypto by doing mistakes, getting scammed and asking a lot of stupid questions.

I lost a hell lot of money but now I make a hell lot of money.
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:15:24 PM

This thread was created by a scammer, blackmailer, crytpsy shill who is responsible for many/most of the broken and abandoned coins currently trading at cryptsy (the garden of eden of shitcoins).

What did you expect ? lol

Operation Shitcoin Launched March 19, 2014.

YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:54:50 PM

I believe that the number of altcoin launches has a correlation with BTC/USD

“God does not play dice"
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:12:30 PM

+1000

I learned everything in crypto by doing mistakes, getting scammed and asking a lot of stupid questions.

I lost a hell lot of money but now I make a hell lot of money.

ya like getting suckered by that faggot Freetrade and his repeated MemoryCoin scam antics ?
i recall you being the last LOUD and VOCAL bag holder defending that fuckers shitty scam coin to the bitter end LOL
even after the scammy fucker shot the coin to death *on purpose and went on to other coins.. leaving you sitting there holding the bag LOL

and lets not forget guys all those mad profits and lambo's came from other people's bank accounts !
that popped up here in the scene OCT/NOV 2013 so they could ask every half second all over "how do i send Money from my bank account to XYZ exchange"
and what happened since ? just like you said Wink
they (Just like you) lost a fuck load of money !!
profit = someone else's loss !

and yeah all you scam supporting idiots doing this shit destroyed the scene because that question does not get asked every few seconds anymore..
as a matter of fact i have not seen a guy ask in since January.... they came, they got lied to and fucking scammed and they left.
and the tipping point was grubby greedy idiot faggots and their Scrypt Asics !
hows that verbal diarrhea bullshit you all spouted off saying they will make scrypt coins go through the roof in price ?
hmmm how bout that bullshit dumb fucks ?
i ROFL my balls off at you 'tards LOLOLOL

You guys have a nice pretty little selective memory don't you .. i laugh at you all.. go fuck yourselves scammy douches !
have fun trying to make shit loads of money now Wink

PS:
you can't because you destroyed the alternative coin scene greedy scammy idiots .

Reality Check:
I am the knower and haver of all things seen and known in crypto now and forever.. so sit down and STFU and learn from my teachings !
Spoetnik loves you all and can save you from your sinning greedy dipshit ways.. open your heart to the true one path of Spoetnik today !

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:31:44 PM

you can't because you destroyed the alternative coin scene greedy scammy idiots .

The scene did exactly what I described a few posts back. Participants got burned and therefore now more selective and more demanding of quality. Furthermore Bitcoin is down 75%. Is that greedy scammy idiots too, or is maybe something else going on?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:32:30 PM

The scene did exactly what I described a few posts back. Participants got burned and therefore now more selective and more demanding of quality. Furthermore Bitcoin is down 75%. Is that greedy scammy idiots too, or is maybe something else going on?

why is market dilution too hard of a concept to grasp ?

saturating the scene with more and more and more a coins is NOT healthy for crypto.
there is a finite amount of guys holding fiat to buy crypto coins.. fact.

there was less than 50 coins when i started and now well over 1,000+ coins.
when there was -50 coins i kept screaming over and over stop making them or your gonna ruin it for us all bad.
it happened.

why do i have to spell it you to you ? do you enjoy playing dumb or what ?

if you have $1,000 dollars and you have to decide how much to put in each of say 50 coins..
then you have to start over and decide how much of a $1,000 to put in 1,000+ coins
and then every guy in crypto has to face the same decision.. then what do you think happens ?
market caps get diluted really badly !

maybe cash out some of your Monero scam coins and go grab some crayons and construction paper
and we can hash this out with some pictures you will understand..

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:39:31 PM

I grasp it just fine. I don't agree with your proposed solution to it being effective.

The number of shitcoins doesn't matter, because they don't attract and more importantly don't keep capital. The capital will instead flow to the better ones.

Of those 1000 coins, how many have a capitalization of more than $100K? How many new coins ever reach that, or stay there for more than a month?

If we add another 1000 new coins, there won't be more dilution, just another 1000 worthless deadcoins, with the capital still concentrated in the top few.

You instead want to pick winners and losers like some kind of central planning board.

The market will do a better job.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:32:37 PM

I grasp it just fine. I don't agree with your proposed solution to it being effective.

The number of shitcoins doesn't matter, because they don't attract and more importantly don't keep capital. The capital will instead flow to the better ones.

Of those 1000 coins, how many have a capitalization of more than $100K? How many new coins ever reach that, or stay there for more than a month?

If we add another 1000 new coins, there won't be more dilution, just another 1000 worthless deadcoins, with the capital still concentrated in the top few.

You instead want to pick winners and losers like some kind of central planning board.

in reality that is what did NOT happen though.. the markets died off big time and most people scattered and left !

look around you & see what happened..

iampingu

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:58:48 PM

in reality that is what did NOT happen though.. the markets died off big time and most people scattered and left !

yep, the capital can only flow into the other coins "better" ones, if the market maker that the capital is transferred to, moves there too.

If you have shitcoins generating volume and you give the market maker your btc, you're now in a position where you've shorted bitcoin and went long in shitcoin x, aka capital is transferred.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:21:35 PM

on places like Bittrex i have watched a revolving door of what coins are on top withe volume
so that is undeniable..

they come and then they go.
profit fuel and the machine that was doing that cost a lot of noobs a lot of money and they get sick of it.

the reality of what has gone on and what people think has a hard disconnect around here.. people are straight up delusional :/

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:06:50 PM

I see many shitcoins down 99-100% and bitcoin down 75% from its very brief (obviously overextended) peak but up over the period of a year, and up a LOT over two years.

I see roughly the same number of alts at non-trivial valuations as there were six months ago, and only a few more than last year.

I see fewer shitcoin launches even getting out of the gate, because the market has gotten tougher and more discriminating.

So yes it is doing exactly what I suggest.

Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: