Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:49:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cult of Lauda] An historic peace: Rome’s treaty with Carthage  (Read 2034 times)
truth or dare

Activity: 42
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 08:47:28 PM

secret underground meeting

That would explain a lot..
Looks like some deals are going on here, but nobody cares about TECSHARE..

Indeed. However, even if they did, this would not be a solution. The removal of the tagging system is the only possible fix. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2020, 09:03:09 PM

That's because this forum isn't run using rules, it is run by popularity contest.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2020, 09:09:46 PM

Does he want to be cared about? I get a feeling he's enjoying the little niche he carved for himself. There is some serious competition from cryptohunter V3 in the "rage against DT" competition but he's gonna flame out sooner or later, and TECSHARE will still be here 5 years later barking at passing cars.
truth or dare

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 09:20:30 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2020, 09:35:22 PM by truth or dare

some speculation

v3 or v4? or ...was cryptohunter v2 v5 v9

I guess only you have the answer.

Regardless of groundless speculation there is no rage against DT. There is only the call to move to an objective standard. I have no idea why you would oppose it. I have no idea because you and every other member here have not presented any valid reason to resist this sensible upgrade.

You are a strange guy suchmoon. Perhaps not bad, but your desire to appear both clever and funny is misleading the honest reader here to into forming a more negative opinion than is necessary. Stop it and express yourself without snark and sarcasm and you could be one of the better ones.

Reading back through your early post history is rather interesting. Not in a bad way. You have some interesting enemies. You have some courage I will give you that.

Rather than reply to compliments with snark and disdain remove that chip from your shoulder and stop looking for every avenue to be sarcastic and mean spirited. It's not clever it's not funny.

Good afternoon.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2020, 09:26:03 PM

Does he want to be cared about? I get a feeling he's enjoying the little niche he carved for himself. There is some serious competition from cryptohunter V3 in the "rage against DT" competition but he's gonna flame out sooner or later, and TECSHARE will still be here 5 years later barking at passing cars.

I just want equal protection from the rules that are enforced upon me. Nothing more.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2020, 09:33:34 PM

Regardless of groundless speculation there is no rage against DT. There is only the call to move to an objective stsndard. I have no idea why you would oppose it. I have no idea because you and every other member here have not presented any valid reason to resist this sensible upgrade.

There is a standard, it's called "make your own fucking standard using your trust list and stop being a salty sockpuppeting dung beetle".
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2020, 09:49:47 PM

http://loyce.club/archive/posts/5384/53846125.html

Extreme out-of-context cherry-picking to turn an obviously sarcastic remark into a serious admission.

Thanks.  It is overt evidence of the same <sarcasm>honesty</sarcasm> that you usually manifest more covertly.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2020, 09:55:27 PM

Regardless of groundless speculation there is no rage against DT. There is only the call to move to an objective stsndard. I have no idea why you would oppose it. I have no idea because you and every other member here have not presented any valid reason to resist this sensible upgrade.

There is a standard, it's called "make your own fucking standard using your trust list and stop being a salty sockpuppeting dung beetle".

Exactly how does that help when people refuse to enforce the standards of the trust system and continue to include those that abuse it? Further more, they abuse it to keep out anyone who resists this abusive behavior by excluding anyone who is critical of this abuse. It is kind of like saying "Yeah you have free speech, but you can only exercise it in the basement in the dark between the hours of 3AM and 6AM."
truth or dare

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 10:00:21 PM

You know full well the system is designed NOT to allow a consistent fair system-wide standard to be set. There will always be set of different standards that destroys free speech and encourages group think and echo chambers.

If you were to present a strong argument to retain red tags rather than move to the objective flagging system that provides a net benefit to the community that was robust. Then I could understand your objection.

My prime concern is free speech, however even should my prime concern be only the financial security / safety of other members It is clear an objective standard focusing exclusively on direct financial risk is superior.

This latest trading of red tag removals and redaction of evidence mutually by those certain for years each other are among the most dangerous scammers here is a clearly concerning.

Please focus on the message rather than the messenger.

To see a transparent set of standards set for all members is my only goal. If you wish to oppose that then I guess we must remain on opposite sides.

You May refer to me as cryptohunter if you wish. I may eventually demonstrate I far predate that member. Then again I may not. It is not worth your attention. You should focus on preparing your argument for retaining red tags if you believe it is genuinely best for the community.

Relax, form your argument and present it snark and sarcasm free. I wish to be civil and accommodating to all members and their views. That does not include scammers. Since you are not a scammer I see no reason to talk to you as one.

This red tag removal bartering attracted my attention. It is a step too far.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 10:02:50 PM

Extreme out-of-context cherry-picking to turn an obviously sarcastic remark into a serious admission.

Thanks.  It is overt evidence of the same <sarcasm>honesty</sarcasm> that you usually manifest more covertly.

Yeah, I totally said "Look everyone! nullius admitted to secret underground meetings!".. Nope..
Do you not expect readers to have the capacity to see context?

Do you know anything about any deals made? Eh?
You seem a bit overly defensive on that subject now..\

You May refer to me as cryptohunter if you wish. I may eventually demonstrate I far predate that member.

That would be impressive..
I could vouch for you not being CH with the promise of absolute confidentiality if you wanted to send me some proof..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2020, 10:13:34 PM

Exactly how does that help when people refuse to enforce the standards of the trust system and continue to include those that abuse it? Further more, they abuse it to keep out anyone who resists this abusive behavior by excluding anyone who is critical of this abuse. It is kind of like saying "Yeah you have free speech, but you can only exercise it in the basement in the dark between the hours of 3AM and 6AM."

It works exactly the same way as it does in any other situation where people disagree with you. You can ignore it, or fight it, or blame everyone for not fighting it for you - whatever makes you happy. None of what you described, even if it's real, prevents you from including the Turks and the Russians exercising your free speech.

The trust system in many ways is a (possibly failing) libertarian dream - you give people the tools to control their fate but when it doesn't go the way they imagined it, they start begging for regulations and standards and for the dear leader to provide them guidance.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2020, 10:58:50 PM

It works exactly the same way as it does in any other situation where people disagree with you. You can ignore it, or fight it, or blame everyone for not fighting it for you - whatever makes you happy. None of what you described, even if it's real, prevents you from including the Turks and the Russians exercising your free speech.

The trust system in many ways is a (possibly failing) libertarian dream - you give people the tools to control their fate but when it doesn't go the way they imagined it, they start begging for regulations and standards and for the dear leader to provide them guidance.

LOL, libertarian. Yeah, lots of people leaving each other alone and observing the non-aggression principle around here for sure.

This system is a pure democracy, and a perfect example of why pure democracy is an utter disaster. As I argued before, the reason the USA is such a successful form of government, is because it is a republic. In a republic the rights of the individual are protected. In a democracy, the mob rules, and the mob takes what the mob wants from the individual. Minority and marginalized groups suffer. A republic places restrictions on what that mob is and is not allowed to do to the individual, providing relative freedom for all compared to a pure democracy. In this case, it would be observable evidence of theft, violation of contractual agreement, or violation of applicable laws before rating. Anything else allows for abuse operated under the guise of policing the forum for fraud, and everyone knows police are never corrupt right?

You keep spreading your fairytales of the evil shady deals of the TECSHARE if it helps you releave your cognitive dissonance. I will keep arguing the facts of the matter.
truth or dare

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 11:27:55 PM

Thanks.  It is overt evidence of the same <sarcasm>honesty</sarcasm> that you usually manifest more covertly.

Yeah, I totally said "Look everyone! nullius admitted to secret underground meetings!".. Nope..

You May refer to me as cryptohunter if you wish. I may eventually demonstrate I far predate that member.

That would be impressive..
I could vouch for you not being CH with the promise of absolute confidentiality if you wanted to send me some proof..

That sadly would not prove that I am not also cryptohunter. Which I may very well be. Who can say. At this time I will politely decline your offer.

Again though Eddie the messenger is really irrelevant. The message is always that which requires scrutiny.

I like you Eddie. A fair and reasonable member. A strong admin prospect.

Directed to suchmoon:  it is actually a libertarian nightmare. You give a handful of members the tools (merit source) to control everones fate. I know that you are smart enough to understand this. Actually, if it had been announced from the outset that earned merit score would mean  that you can set the rules, and deprive people of their warning potential; there would have been a lot more competition.

Imagine telling the public your votes no longer register, only the political ruling party members votes count now.

The system look like it was deliberately designed to gradually erode free speech.  Along with that permit a handful at the top to scam with impunity. Those asking questions are discredited with a scam tag and warning on the top of their threads to disbelieve what you read.

Worrying.

I see theymos has now demonstrated he had no real desire to see lauda removed from DT even though a blatant red trust bartering is taking place in clear view.
He just removed his exclusion.

I would speculate things will only roll downhill from here with regard free speech and transparent objective standards.

When the forum 'warden' (perfect toaa / ch / x) is advocating a member with 9 years of immaculate trading history being branded a scammer by a proven scammer. Then you have a real problem to contend with.

This red trust removal bartering is blatant.  it could only take place with theymos approval. We've known this since OG was tilted towards removing Laura's red tags.

Of course you can spin up 100 alts and say what you like but you will not earn a satoshi. That rules out 99.99% of members reason to be here.

Theymos will never explain his actions, so safest to presume the worst credible intent.  Disappointing, since he is good at presenting admirable goals.

This forum is loaded up with socks. Who knows who is really doing what. I suspect every member that resists objective transparent standards,  Including admin. Why else resist the removal of that which affords huge advantage to a tiny percentage of members.

There is always the possibility theymos is playing a game above which is observable. That hope dwindles away with each move he makes recently. I hope that i am wrong.

I will never believe certain members are not dangerous to this forum. This recent trading of tag removals only supports this.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2020, 11:39:30 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. Your message is shit because you're not only refusing to take personal responsibility but also trying to impose your "standards" on others.
truth or dare

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 12:05:04 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2020, 12:18:55 AM by truth or dare

Oh, I'm sorry. Your message is shit because you're not only refusing to take personal responsibility but also trying to impose your "standards" on others.

That is not true. The first part is irrelevant bordering raw ad hominem. There is no need for any single member to take responsibility for community determined  transparent objective standards which are applied equally to all members.

No, they can be objective standards that are scrutinized and debated by the entire community. Reason would dictate no single member.

Should I open a suitable thread where you can debate retaining the tagging system over a move to a transparent objective set of standards under the flagging system?

" I'm sorry" was sarcastic, please attempt to control this cathartic indulgence. We can discuss things cordially and in a sensible adult manner. You are not a scammer, there is no reason for us to be unpleasant to one another. Remain calm and rely upon your critcal reasoning to defeat my proposal.

I take it you also reject this red trust bartering is quite worrying and the prime driver was not the safety of the wider community?

Just before we move to our own thread?
I like you suchmoon. You have some principles. I want to investigate them thoroughly before adding you to my future trust inclusions list. I accept that you are not a scammer but is it more important for you to be seen as clever and funny than do what is best for this whole community. Ego is a prime concern. You and TS are like twin brothers actually, the more I observe you both. I hope that both sides realize that is quite a compliment.

You have a little more abrasive or as ch said 'caustic' style suchmoon. He was such an insightful member. I miss his posts dearly. I pray he returns daily.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2020, 12:30:19 AM

You have a little more abrasive or as ch said 'caustic' style suchmoon. He was such an insightful member. I miss his posts dearly. I pray he returns daily.

Great, you can keep praying and enjoying the last few moments of anyone caring to read your walls of text. Yes, go ahead and create a separate thread, enough derailing this one.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2020, 01:17:42 AM

On Cause and Effect

I find it remarkable that the trolls are fixated on the removal or downgrading of tags, which is an effect—rather than the apology, change of behaviour, and mutual agreement to stop fighting, which are the cause.

Remarkable, as in literally, “should be remarked upon”—not unexpected, unusual, or surprising, per the usual connotation.

Thanks.  It is overt evidence of the same <sarcasm>honesty</sarcasm> that you usually manifest more covertly.

Well, there is your usual “honesty”—i.e., talking from both sides of your mouth.

A reading of your post according to the “ordinary reasonable person” standard makes my point for me, insofar as any ordinary reasonable person can see that you stripped the clause which made it crystal-clear that I was simply ridiculing the notion.  An ELI5 is not required; but for the lulz, let us see how different your post looks when the clause you omitted is restored:

secret underground meeting where we get our orders from an evil cat stroking a pet human

LOL, yes:  “That would explain a lot.”  So would actual witchcraft!  And I am sorry, Mr Quickseller, if you did not realize that simply making peace with Lauda requires that you shall be abducted by space aliens for the implantation of Lauda-alt mind-control devices in your brain.  Well, it is now part of the deal.  The flying saucer will be at your house any moment, for your psychotronic “onboarding” before you are used for breeding experiments.  Anybody who denies this is only a brain-chipped catbot covering up THE TRUTH about you and Lauda, as you will soon see PROVED in a thousand troll posts against you.

Alas, Quickseller, no good deed goes unpunished.

I am not taking the bait, which is almost comically foolish insofar as anybody can see that I am mostly ignoring the cacophony of accusations from the trolls here.  “Defencive”?  Not quite—oh, wait:  Will you next claim that because I refused to be defencive, I must be hiding something?  I did not deny the existence of secret underground meetings with secret deals!

I was interested in the overt evidence of your usual dishonesty, as I said.  Your custom is to be more slippery, as you are here.

So having said, I will not argue the point.  Complaints 2>/dev/null (Thanks, Anonymous, for the upgraded shell script!)

truth or dare

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 01:38:38 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2020, 01:52:52 AM by truth or dare

On Cause and Effect

I find it remarkable that the trolls are fixated on the removal or downgrading of tags, which is an effect—rather than the apology, change of behaviour, and mutual agreement to stop fighting, which are the cause.

Remarkable, as in literally, “should be remarked upon”—not unexpected, unusual, or surprising, per the usual connotation.

Well, there is your usual “honesty”—i.e., talking from both sides of your mouth.

A reading of your post according to the “ordinary reasonable person” standard makes my point for me, insofar as any ordinary reasonable person can see that you stripped the clause which made it crystal-clear that I was simply ridiculing the notion.  An ELI5 is not required; but for the lulz, let us see how different your post looks when the clause you omitted is restored:

secret underground meeting where we get our orders from an evil cat stroking a pet human

LOL, yes:  “That would explain a lot.”  So would actual witchcraft!  And I am sorry, Mr Quickseller, if you did not realize that simply making peace with Lauda requires that you shall be abducted by space aliens for the implantation of Lauda-alt mind-control devices in your brain.  Well, it is now part of the deal.  The flying saucer will be at your house any moment, for your psychotronic “onboarding” before you are used for breeding experiments.  Anybody who denies this is only a brain-chipped catbot covering up THE TRUTH about you and Lauda, as you will soon see PROVED in a thousand troll posts against you.

Alas, Quickseller, no good deed goes unpunished.

I am not taking the bait, which is almost comically foolish insofar as anybody can see that I am mostly ignoring the cacophony of accusations from the trolls here.  “Defencive”?  Not quite—oh, wait:  Will you next claim that because I refused to be defencive, I must be hiding something?  I did not deny the existence of secret underground meetings with secret deals!

I was interested in the overt evidence of your usual dishonesty, as I said.  Your custom is to be more slippery, as you are here.

So having said, I will not argue the point.  Complaints 2>/dev/null (Thanks, Anonymous, for the upgraded shell script!)

Poor Nullius a huge wall of trying to sound smart boils down to.

2 people certain for years that each other are dangerous scammers suddenly and together mutually removing what they have claimed are essential warnings = stopping fighting

lol that sounds in the best interests of the forum.

Can someone graft a brain to what appears to be a heap of random knowledge of perhaps one of those talking encyclopedias? all self taught memorized data with no clue how to apply it.

Please wind bag,  just go back into retirement.

Then again, why deprive myself of this guilty pleasure? Pump out some more pretentious cannon fodder please.
Scammer toadies can qualify for full scammer thrashings I think.

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 01:45:48 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2020, 01:55:58 AM by eddie13

LOL, libertarian. Yeah, lots of people leaving each other alone and observing the non-aggression principle around here for sure.

This forum has devolved from its origination by cypherpunk anarchists building a tool of liberty toward NPC normies who would rather appeal to authority, and power seekers over an economy of profit seekers..

-

"I can neither confirm nor deny"
A pretty good line that got me some great pussy one time when I was asked how I know so much about MCs..
Many of my principles of respect and couth came from the MC culture..

Good luck trying to paint me as dishonest..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2020, 02:09:41 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2020, 06:07:43 PM by TECSHARE

This forum has devolved from its origination by cypherpunk anarchists building a tool of liberty toward NPC normies who would rather appeal to authority, and power seekers over an economy of profit seekers..

-

"I can neither confirm nor deny"
A pretty good line that got me some great pussy one time when I was asked how I know so much about MCs..
Many of my principles of respect and couth came from the MC culture..

Good luck trying to paint me as dishonest..

Yep. The original culture of the forum has been ruined and invaded by trifling statist totalitarian "Karens" who want to talk to your manager and replicate all the horrible systems Bitcoin was designed to escape from. I originally came here to trade because it was a good alternative to places like Fleabay, there wasn't some one crawling up my ass with all kinds of restrictions and I could be left to myself to deal with customers as I chose.

All I ever wanted to do was be left alone to enjoy the forum within my rights to use it as anyone else has. I was dragged into all of this forum politics bullshit against my will, and now I am sure a lot of the people doing the dragging wished they would have just left me to my business, because now I spend my time stapling a list of their double standards to their faces. I guess that is what happens when you remove all incentives from people to work within the established system. Unfortunately the people perpetrating this abuse, or willfully ignoring it, don't seem to get the connection.

Either everyone is free or no one is free. You can avert your eyes now, but eventually it is going to be your turn to be the target of the mob. That is the nature of it, that is unless we collectively stand up to it. Instead we get people here and there resisting, and they are allowed to be picked off one by one while the rest of the jellyfish cower, try to avoid conflict at all cost, and try to pretend that they are "one of the boys", and it will never happen to them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: