Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:19:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EFL] Electronic Gulden - NEWS! - ANDROID WALLET AVAILABLE!  (Read 106011 times)
pooler1122

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:35:59 AM

can we add another exchange ?   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:40:21 AM

@ DEV, how are you going to distribute to the population of roughly 17,000,000 people?

Do the Dutch have an ID card, as the Spain coin DEV is using the national ID card and scanning them with smart card readers.

Could you go into detail as to how you intend to do this?

As a strong supporter of Auroracoin and being a Dutchman I obviously had to look at this. I do see some big challenges along the way for this to succeed though.

First we are talking 17 Million residents and only 10.5 million distributable coins. This means in case dev's do the miracle of airdropping and verifying all 17 million citizens, they end up with 0,6 gulden each. To give you a frame of reference, that used to buy you half a leaf of bread 20 years ago...

I do think however that many Dutchmen are opposed to the Euro and long to get their Gulden back. But to get this right, you need to adept into the frame of reference of the Dutch. And this is why I think this can only work when you drop a couple of billions on them, not half a leaf of bread each.

Also the verification is something that simply will not work if the "reward" is only 0.6 Gulden. People are simply not going to go through the trouble of copying or scanning two electrical bills for that small amount. Also verifying this means manual labour. How much work would manually verifying 17 million scans be? I can tell you, it will take 1000 people years if they do it fulltime! Not to mention that most addresses house on average 4 persons. The only way to do this in a fair way (like in Iceland) is to use their social security number (BSN). And this is in no way as transparent and accessible as the Icelandic system!

This is why I stick with Auroracoin, 330.000 easily electronically verifiable Icelanders is something that can be done. Also the "reward" to get $ 400+ worth of coins is something people will likely go for. Getting 17 million (fairly wealthy) Dutchmen to proclaim their half leaf of bread is something else!

That doesn't mean that I am not in favor of the initiative to create a Dutch Gulden again, I only think it needs to be approached in a different way.

I see your point as to the price, it needs to hit a market cap of a few hundred million to be viable for the Dutch to actually want to claim it. We'll have to wait and see what the market cap ends up like.

I'd would also say that a fair way of doing distribution is to use the social security number, we'll have to wait on the DEV to see what his plans are.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:48:01 AM

Getting 17 million (fairly wealthy) Dutchmen to proclaim their half leaf of bread is something else!

Well best buy some then  Wink

Currently Poland coin and Spain coin is more valuable than the electronic Gulden!

Dutch pride at stake? Of zijn de Nederlanders gewoon goedkoop?
crazy987

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:55:58 AM

@ DEV, how are you going to distribute to the population of roughly 17,000,000 people?

Do the Dutch have an ID card, as the Spain coin DEV is using the national ID card and scanning them with smart card readers.

As a strong supporter of Auroracoin and being a Dutchman I obviously had to look at this. I do see some big challenges along the way for this to succeed though.

First we are talking 17 Million residents and only 10.5 million distributable coins. This means in case dev's do the miracle of airdropping and verifying all 17 million citizens, they end up with 0,6 gulden each. To give you a frame of reference, that used to buy you half a leaf of bread 20 years ago...

I do think however that many Dutchmen are opposed to the Euro and long to get their Gulden back. But to get this right, you need to adept into the frame of reference of the Dutch. And this is why I think this can only work when you drop a couple of billions on them, not half a leaf of bread each.

Also the verification is something that simply will not work if the "reward" is only 0.6 Gulden. People are simply not going to go through the trouble of copying or scanning two electrical bills for that small amount. Also verifying this means manual labour. How much work would manually verifying 17 million scans be? I can tell you, it will take 1000 people years if they do it fulltime! Not to mention that most addresses house on average 4 persons. The only way to do this in a fair way (like in Iceland) is to use their social security number (BSN). And this is in no way as transparent and accessible as the Icelandic system!

This is why I stick with Auroracoin, 330.000 easily electronically verifiable Icelanders is something that can be done. Also the "reward" to get $ 400+ worth of coins is something people will likely go for. Getting 17 million (fairly wealthy) Dutchmen to proclaim their half leaf of bread is something else!

That doesn't mean that I am not in favor of the initiative to create a Dutch Gulden again, I only think it needs to be approached in a different way.

Well, a good way to distribute this would be by using the DIGID that we have here.
Its something you already need to do your taxes for example.
However, you nede to include the goverment in this as far as i know.

Even though i'm not a fan of the guy, you could try to use geert wilders in this.
He's not really fond of the EU
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:02:20 PM

Well, a good way to distribute this would be by using the DIGID that we have here.

Even though i'm not a fan of the guy, you could try to use geert wilders in this.

DigID is unfortunately something that can only be utilized by the Dutch government. For sure they will never participate in this.

Getting Geert behind this might be good to get a shitload of attention to the coin, Ill give you that, but it will never get the coin accepted by official channels.

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:12:38 PM

I actually think that the success of this coin and Spain coin are riding on how well the Icelandic people take to their coin.

I hope it goes well, i'm not just saying that because I want to earn money, i'm saying because we really really need to get out from the control of the central banking system, they are ruining the planet, and they have had a monopoly on the money supply for hundreds of years, and it's time for the to go, cryptos are our only tool that is a direct threat to their system.

I guess time will tell.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

NoUseForACoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

trading in the shadow's shadow

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:19:54 PM

DigID is unfortunately something that can only be utilized by the Dutch government. For sure they will never participate in this.

Getting Geert behind this might be good to get a shitload of attention to the coin, Ill give you that, but it will never get the coin accepted by official channels.

I'll definitely stop mining if the devs decide to involve that idiot .....
YAdaminer

Activity: 829

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:28:41 PM

can we add another exchange ?   

Yes, Bittrex is by far the worst ex I used, not answering on tickets, slow as hell, one word description - unusable.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:29:30 PM

Who is that guy?

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

justme27

Activity: 64
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:30:11 PM

I wouldn't really care if Wilders played some part in this, but I fear many people wouldn't take the coin seriously if he did.
And DigiD would be ideal to perform the airdrop but I doubt the govt will let anyone use their own system against themselves...

1NTLM3PfNgfBdRACPYFyrDJpzqt9QcocVZ
justme27

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:36:34 PM

I do think we'll have to shift the decimal point if we want this to take off. With our current inflationary fiat anything below 10.00 is simply seen as loose change. It's stupid, but I'm sure more people will respond to the airdrop if they can get 6000 instead of 0.60 free gulden.
8 decimal digits has other problems, too. I personally see it as a great feature but I don't think the general public would find it very convenient to pay FL 0.00002 for a cup of coffee.

And I just had this idea: instead of dividing the coins evenly across the population (in which case a large part of the premine will likely not be claimed), how about distributing them on a first-come, first serve basis? Like, the first respondent would get 0.01% of the premine, next would get 0.01% of the remainder, etc. This would provide incentive to claim the coins as quickly as possible and might result in some sort of "gold rush" like we're seeing on this forum with mining.

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:46:27 PM

Who is that guy?

Geert Wilders is a politician and a man of great controversy (to say the least). Lastly in a victory speech after local elections he claimed to work on getting less Moroccan people in our cities. Other well established politicians have now compared him to Hitler and many people have filed lawsuits against him.

I just sum this up to give outsiders an Idea why some Dutch folks in here might have a problem with him...

salmion

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:47:04 PM

8 decimal digits has other problems, too. I personally see it as a great feature but I don't think the general public would find it very convenient to pay FL 0.00002 for a cup of coffee.

Wouldn't that be 2000 centen?

Or bring back the really old subdivision madness:  from wiki:"

The first guilder, a 10.61g .910 silver coin, was minted by the States of Holland and West Friesland in 1680.[3] The original guilder design featured Pallas Athena standing,[citation needed] holding a spear topped by a hat in her right hand, resting with her left forearm on Gospels set on an ornate basis, with a small shield in the legend. This guilder was divided into 20 stuivers, each of 8 duiten or 16 penningen. The guilder gradually replaced other silver coin denominations circulating in the United Netherlands - florijn (28 stuivers), daalder (1½ guilders or 30 stuivers), rijksdaalder (2½ guilders or 50 stuivers), silver ducat (2½ guilders or 50 stuivers) and the silver rider ducaton (3 guilders or 60 stuivers).

Between 1810 and 1814, the Netherlands was annexed to France and the French franc circulated. After the Napoleonic wars, the Kingdom of the Netherlands readopted the guilder. In 1817 it became decimalised, with one guilder equal to 100 cents. However, it was not until the 1840s that the last pre-decimal coins (many of which dated back to the 17th century) were withdrawn from circulation, whilst some of the new, decimal coins continued to bear nicknames based on their values in the older currency system through to the 21st century. Until 1948, the plural of cent used on coins was centen, after that it was cent."
justme27

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:58:34 PM

The first guilder, a 10.61g .910 silver coin, was minted by the States of Holland and West Friesland in 1680.[3] The original guilder design featured Pallas Athena standing,[citation needed] holding a spear topped by a hat in her right hand, resting with her left forearm on Gospels set on an ornate basis, with a small shield in the legend. This guilder was divided into 20 stuivers, each of 8 duiten or 16 penningen. The guilder gradually replaced other silver coin denominations circulating in the United Netherlands - florijn (28 stuivers), daalder (1½ guilders or 30 stuivers), rijksdaalder (2½ guilders or 50 stuivers), silver ducat (2½ guilders or 50 stuivers) and the silver rider ducaton (3 guilders or 60 stuivers).

Between 1810 and 1814, the Netherlands was annexed to France and the French franc circulated. After the Napoleonic wars, the Kingdom of the Netherlands readopted the guilder. In 1817 it became decimalised, with one guilder equal to 100 cents. However, it was not until the 1840s that the last pre-decimal coins (many of which dated back to the 17th century) were withdrawn from circulation, whilst some of the new, decimal coins continued to bear nicknames based on their values in the older currency system through to the 21st century. Until 1948, the plural of cent used on coins was centen, after that it was cent."

A "cent" is 1/100th of something, so 0.00002 would be 0.002 cent.
I think it would be beneficial for this coin if the old subdivision names like stuiver, dubbeltje, kwartje, daalder etc could be used, and have about the same value as the original NLG back in the 80-90's. I think the names you're referring to are a bit too archaic for most people to remember Wink

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:00:54 PM

Who is that guy?

Geert Wilders is a politician and a man of great controversy (to say the least). Lastly in a victory speech after local elections he claimed to work on getting less Moroccan people in our cities. Other well established politicians have now compared him to Hitler and many people have filed lawsuits against him.

I just sum this up to give outsiders an Idea why some Dutch folks in here might have a problem with him...

He doesn't sound like the type of person to promote anything.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

chessmaster

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:11:33 PM

http://efl.multi-pool.eu

DDOS protection and PPLNS

Come and mine with us!!!

http://efl.multi-pool.eu
Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:19:00 PM

Looking to buy 0.01 btc per 1k efl. Fair price?
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 01:21:19 PM

I think it would be beneficial for this coin if the old subdivision names like stuiver, dubbeltje, kwartje, daalder etc could be used, and have about the same value as the original NLG back in the 80-90's. I think the names you're referring to are a bit too archaic for most people to remember Wink

There is one thing I know all Dutchmen will Immediately embrace if you give that to them: "Het Kwartje van Kok" ;-) Why not change the name of this coin into that!?
Grin

I already see it before me: Send in your gassbill and get a free Kwartje! Use pre mined coins for the giveaway and the rest as incentive to the miners. Maybe people can use their kwartjes for discount at gasstations of other car related stores (like freebees)... For sure this will be a great success and will store factual value into the coin...

For all outsiders: In 1991 out prime minister Wim Kok decided to add an extra quarter (kwartje) to the gas prices in Holland to overcome the huge deficit. This was introduced as a temporary measure. Now, 24 years later it still hasn't been given back. This is what pisses off our fellow Dutchmen more than any other measure ever taken!

Also, this will be a good way to get Government behind it, because it is a incentive with a big wink (and yes, our politicians have a sense of humor too). They will not oppose to it as fast as would they to a virtual currency. The system remains the same though and that gives an opportunity to get people to open up virtual wallets end get acquainted!!

mfpowernl

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:22:24 PM

Eindelijk de gulden terug  Cheesy Ik wens jullie het beste! Hoe kan ik helpen de munt te promoten?
salmion

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:39:04 PM

There is one thing I know all Dutchmen will Immediately embrace if you give that to them: "Het Kwartje van Kok" ;-) Why not change the name of this coin into that!?
Grin

I already see it before me: Send in your gassbill and get a free Kwartje! Use pre mined coins for the giveaway and the rest as incentive to the miners. Maybe people can use their kwartjes for discount at gasstations of other car related stores (like freebees)... For sure this will be a great success and will store factual value into the coin...

For all outsiders: In 1991 out prime minister Wim Kok decided to add an extra quarter (kwartje) to the gas prices in Holland to overcome the huge deficit. This was introduced as a temporary measure. Now, 24 years later it still hasn't been given back. This is what pisses off our fellow Dutchmen more than any other measure ever taken!

Also, this will be a good way to get Government behind it, because it is a incentive with a big wink (and yes, our politicians have a sense of humor too). They will not oppose to it as fast as would they to a virtual currency. The system remains the same though and that gives an opportunity to get people to open up virtual wallets end get acquainted!!

Humour, historical context, not taking the project too seriously.

And not sounding like a threat!

+1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: