Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:00:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys, be aware of a new scam! Stay safe with your funds!  (Read 601 times)
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 01:34:29 PM

i think the moment you see a banner which tells you to deposit  eth or btc to get double or triple of it should immediately tell you that this is scam and the person should stay away, the sign already there to tell people this is fake but only the person that is greedy will want to still try it out, i hope some people will read this warning and take note not to fall victim.
We can't removed the fact that there are people who still greedy to believe with this kind of scheme, those are who wanted to have a quick and easy benefits. People whould be aware that such indications should be stay away, there's no easy money instead it will take yours and runaway.
Work with your knowledge and stay calm finding the right investment/business for you work hard and achieved your goal.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 01:59:57 PM

i think the moment you see a banner which tells you to deposit  eth or btc to get double or triple of it should immediately tell you that this is scam and the person should stay away, the sign already there to tell people this is fake but only the person that is greedy will want to still try it out, i hope some people will read this warning and take note not to fall victim.
We can't removed the fact that there are people who still greedy to believe with this kind of scheme, those are who wanted to have a quick and easy benefits. People whould be aware that such indications should be stay away, there's no easy money instead it will take yours and runaway.
Work with your knowledge and stay calm finding the right investment/business for you work hard and achieved your goal.
I do agree, being greedy is the root of all this scam. People should know that this kind of offer is too good to be true. It is far from reality that they should immediately realize that this is just a trick to get their money.
Staying our distance from this kind of offer is the best action we can do, entertaining this kind of investment scheme is just a waste of time.
totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 02:23:19 PM

What are they thinking? If you think of it, It would definitely a scam, sending 1 ETH and you get 5 ETH in return. That is an old form of scam, they just made it more realistic with their live streaming and adding live transactions ( most likely and edited video and put it into live stream). Scammers really never run out of ideas how to get money from someone's pocket, hopefully this could be a lesson for everyone. Should always remember that there is no easy money you have to work for it to earn it.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 02:31:09 PM

I guess this is not a new type of scam as I have seen this type of attempts within my telegram group. Never ever believe into anyone who asks for money for sending you back multiple fold of what you will send. That is the logic behind this? Money will grow on tree for them to get us multi fold returns?

We have seen a long discussion of such incident of one forum member who lost his ETHs by believing into some scammer's youtube videos. When we make use of our common sense, I guess we can easily avoid this kind of scammers. When more people are not falling into such traps then those scammers may stop doing this.
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 02:53:04 PM

An interesting and too much offer is very unreasonable, from there we can see and differentiate between a scammer and not, but scammers are smart nowadays, sometimes there are still people who can be trapped by scammers. So do not easily believe in something that offers excessive benefits.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 03:14:33 PM

Thank you for the info. although I haven't got it, but of course all things we have to think back logically, it would be unreasonable if we get rewards for free, staking even through the specified conditions, or bounty hunter must also work before getting rewards. but I admit the idea of ​​fraud is indeed smart

It would be completely unreasonable to get anything for free,,, but people keep asking for it. And worse, when things actually are for free, people want more.

It is always right to question things that come seemingly for free. If it is too good to be true, you know what they say about it!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2020, 09:05:01 PM

Scammers are disasters, we are coming across about crypto scammers in news, articles and even in this forum Wink

Believe me they are too smart and very very clever, remember that you won't give any information's of the asset details to them. Especially when it comes to money, I request every one here not to share any Information related to your holding to a unknown person. 

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2020, 10:17:53 PM

Well  if that is the technique they go by, then it should be hard for people  to fall victim except newbies who don't really understand  much about scam in the crypto space, why would anyone want to give you double of your investment or more for just investing instantly, if you even consent to fall victim then you are a very greedy person. Well newbies should take note and be very careful of such offers or give away.

maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 01:56:10 AM

Yeah, i have created a thread regarding this topic too. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5221327.msg53721608#msg53721608 Scammers will hacked a youtube channel which has a lot of followers and subscribers. They will mislead viewers, attract them to send some of btc to scammers btc address. Many people still fall for this. And those scammers always find a new way to scam people. I do hope anyone will be aware about this. And had a doubt if the video they are watching are giving away free btc or requiring them to send some satoshis to them.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 02:08:57 AM

Scammers will always find new ways to scam people since people are getting aware of their means of stealing funds. Most victims of scam are those who are greedy, thinking they could make easy money and end up getting scammed. Take note that nothing comes easy especially in terms of money. Always be cautious and always be vigilant .

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2020, 04:13:28 AM

As such this is not a new con method. The YouTube part may be new... but this type of scam has existed from time immemorial (even before the invention of the first ever cryptocurrency). Intelligent users know that there is no such thing as a free lunch... however the less intelligent (and greedy) ones may lose their hard earned money to such scams.
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 12:53:00 PM

As the crypto community become smart, scammers are not just sitting there. They are making new plans to scam people. Recently a smart scam idea they whelp and that is youtube live streaming! Lots of people are falling those scams even one of my crypto mentors shared that link to participate!

Scammers are hacking youtube channels which have at least 10K subscribers to 80K! Then they collect some famous crypto meetup or interview videos! Later they make live streaming with that downloaded video, and announce a giveaway of 100K BTC or 100K ETH, BCH, XRP and so on! Can you imagine how smart this shit idea is? However, at the corner or left side of that live streaming they add a live transaction banner where you can see that if you send 1 Ethereum, you will get 5 or 10 Ethereum instantly!

If you ever fall in that trap means you are done, you fall in the scam and lost your money forever! Guys, be aware, always check a coin's official twitter handle to verify every giveaway! Don't fall in the scam, let scammers cry and die!

Someone coming across this type of activity and still goes ahead to send his hard earned ETH needs serious educating on the blockchain space, it protrarys scam by mare looking at it and it is not only on YouTube but on Twitter as well. Am just wondering that a project looking for ways to improve on their platform to make it more valuable will be generous enough to send 5-10 ETH just like that, if they want promotion they can launch a bounty or airdrop with Information clearly stated on their social media accounts. Let's be careful and try as much as possible to be okay with what we have, because greediness is also one of the things which causes people to fall for this type of scam.

D-Day_68

Activity: 21
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 01:00:20 PM

Thanks for bringing this to people's attention so others don't get scammed.

But this is not Exodus doing the scamming. There are scammers that are hacking YouTube channels and then using livestreams from popular crypto companies to scam people. It's happening to other companies within the space as well like Atomic wallet and Ledger.

Like you said - people will not trust this kind of wallet if they are promoting it from a hacked account.
So what would Exodus gain by doing this? Nothing - it would create a bad appearance and ruin their business. To think that a company like Exodus would destroy their business in order to scam a few measly BTC is ridiculous.
pjwaffle

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

BIB Exchange

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 02:29:42 PM

Very great article to warn new people. They are very relieved to believe in the sweet words of the crooks. This system is becoming more and more sophisticated which makes us fall into the trap without knowing it. Deal with caution as there is no such thing as easily earned

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
omone1

Activity: 843
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 03:05:26 PM

This scam pattern is an old school way of scamming people, whoever falls for this is greedy and not wise. This once reigned on twitter and was later moved to telegram, still very prevalent at telegram channel. One of my student wanted to give it a trial, I cautioned, can't tell if he would later go ahead.
bluebit25

Activity: 1638
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2020, 03:08:03 PM

It's still a way to scam ETH or BTC giveaway, but now it's been created in a more sophisticated way by hackers. Previously I only saw it exist on twitter and facebook, but now hackers have made it online on Youtube and surely many people will be trapped by them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 08:19:43 AM

Hey OP, you forgot to mention the fact that they even disable the comment section on YouTube so that people won’t be able to comment.

First time I saw that, I was about to comment on the live streaming that they were scammers so that others will beware of it, and then I discovered that the comment section was disabled and I wasn’t able to comment lol, such a smart move from them. They know for sure that if they leave that comment section open, a lot of people will expose their stupid tricks and that’s why they disable. I have mentioned this a few times here in this forum, and I’m happy you created this topic just for it so that a lot of people would know.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 08:15:55 PM

Sometimes even we cannot imagine people fall with that trap then you will get information that someone was scammed. I don't know if they are new, dumb or just greedy.  By the way, still thanks for warning our colleagues about this. Atleast, if they are half hearted and they will remember your warning then will will not get trapped.

If they have the system like that that doubles or triples the money, why would they share it? Their motivation comes from money and they will do their best to get something from you.
gielbier

Activity: 914
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 11:46:57 PM

There is no instant way to get money, if we are careful and wiser surely it will not happen to us because if you think about it, it is also strange when we give 3 ETH but they give back 5 ETH without doing anything. People should have realized that this is a scam.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 11:58:07 PM

As the crypto community become smart, scammers are not just sitting there. They are making new plans to scam people. Recently a smart scam idea they whelp and that is youtube live streaming! Lots of people are falling those scams even one of my crypto mentors shared that link to participate!

Scammers are hacking youtube channels which have at least 10K subscribers to 80K! Then they collect some famous crypto meetup or interview videos! Later they make live streaming with that downloaded video, and announce a giveaway of 100K BTC or 100K ETH, BCH, XRP and so on! Can you imagine how smart this shit idea is? However, at the corner or left side of that live streaming they add a live transaction banner where you can see that if you send 1 Ethereum, you will get 5 or 10 Ethereum instantly!

If you ever fall in that trap means you are done, you fall in the scam and lost your money forever! Guys, be aware, always check a coin's official twitter handle to verify every giveaway! Don't fall in the scam, let scammers cry and die!

I dont believe on any giveaway in the first place unless if it do talks about $1 or similar to that but for thousands or eve hundreds of dollars? Its already an impossible stuff.. if we do talk about 10-80k subs on youtube
which wont be sufficient if we do talk about profitability or in exchange of that giveaway and with that alone you can already point out that this is indeed a scamming attempt but sadly there
were fools who do easily believe on easy money thats why they do end up on losing money and feeding up these scammers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: