Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:37:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Balanced mid-to-long term portfolio  (Read 1884 times)
devphp (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:56:45 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 04:17:45 AM by devphp

Selection principles: technical innovations, what makes a coin different from others, community support, merchant adoption, network size, market share, trading volume.

First tier:

1) Bitcoin - 50%
2) NXT - 29%, because first 100% Proof-of-Stake, many cool features already now and in the future.
NXT Decentralized Asset Exchange just launched!

Second tier:

I had to choose only one Scrypt coin out of dozens. After all, they all don't bring any more innovations, the only innovation is the hashing function. I had to choose between Litecoin and Dogecoin. In this topic I outline in a few posts why Dogecoin beats Litecoin.

3) Dogecoin - 18%

Third tier:

4) Protoshares/Bitshares - 1% - potentially decentralized exchange, etc.
5) Myriadcoin - 2% - potentially largest network of all coins, since 5 independent algos, and potentially more resistance to 51% attack/selfish mining, but this needs clarification from experts.

Please add to my list based on what makes your coin of choice valuable. Please do NOT add any Scrypt coins. Only 1 Scrypt coin can qualify, and that position is already filled. It can be Litecoin in your case, I don't care, just don't add more Scrypt coins, as that would make Second Tier options unnecessarily redundant. Try to stick to the selection principles I posted.

I don't think having more than 10 coins in the portfolio is a good idea. Having more than 10 coins probably means the investor is a bit confused about how to choose the leaders. Personally I like to keep it at 5 coins or less to stay focused.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:48:14 PM

Selection principles: technical innovations, what makes a coin different from others, community support, network size, market share, trading volume.

First tier:

1) Bitcoin - 50-55%
2) NXT - 20-25%, because first 100% Proof-of-Stake, many cool features already now and in the future.

Second tier:

I had to choose only one Scrypt coin out of dozens. After all, they all don't bring any more innovations, the only innovation is the hashing function. I had to choose between Litecoin and Dogecoin. In this topic I outline in a few posts why Dogecoin beats Litecoin.

3) Dogecoin - 15-20%

Third tier:

4) XCP - 1-2% - decentralized exchange
5) Protoshares/Bitshares - 1-2% - potentially decentralized exchange, etc.
6) Securecoin - 1-2% - super secure, not quick-mined compared to Quark
7) Myriadcoin - 1-2% - potentially largest network of all coins, since 5 independent algos, and potentially more resistance to 51% attack/selfish mining, but this needs clarification from experts.

Please add to my list based on what makes your coin of choice valuable. Please do NOT add any Scrypt coins. Only 1 Scrypt coin can qualify, and that position is already filled. It can be Litecoin in your case, I don't care, just don't add more Scrypt coins, as that would make Second Tier options unnecessarily redundant. Try to stick to the selection principles I posted.

I will swap NXT with NEM and POI... with next most all coins goes to biggest stakeholders in NEM for more important to network read POS miners...
When NXT price will hit 1000$ you will buy 1NXT for 1000$ tx fee ?... this is biggest weakens of NXT...
NXT fee model is retarded for me guys.
Same time you can transfer 1000$ iin BTC for few 0.01$.... See difference and potential ?

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
devphp (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:02:52 PM

I will swap NXT with NEM and POI... with next most all coins goes to biggest stakeholders in NEM for more important to network read POS miners...
When NXT price will hit 1000$ you will buy 1NXT for 1000$ tx fee ?... this is biggest weakens of NXT...
NXT fee model is retarded for me guys.
Same time you can transfer 1000$ iin BTC for few 0.01$.... See difference and potential ?

So... You will swap NXT with something that is not even available/working yet? What is that supposed to mean? NEM is just 3 letters right now, I never heard of POI, can you give me a link? If POI is same as NEM, not working yet, please don't bother with the link. What makes you think something that doesn't even exist yet, except as a 3-letter abbreviation, can be better than its forefather? You're funny Smiley

As for fees... I heard they are working now on fractional numbers, and soon you'll be able to send fractional amounts with 0.1 NXT fee, and then the fee will be reduced to be equal or lower than bitcoin fee, so that's not an issue.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:04:35 PM

I have to admit, Nxt shills are creative at pumping. I give you guys that ...

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
devphp (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:48:05 AM

I have to admit, Nxt shills are creative at pumping. I give you guys that ...

Your accusation is totally uncalled for, as I've no attachment for any coin and only assess their fundamentals, and technical undervaluations combined with those fundamentals. If any other coin gives a buy signal, I include it in the portfolio and sell whatever gives a sell signal, be it NXT or anything else.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 08:41:42 AM

When NXT price will hit 1000$ you will buy 1NXT for 1000$ tx fee ?...

Well, I'll give you this: you're a real optimist. I'd be thrilled if Nxt hit $1.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Shivalein

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:20:20 PM

When NXT price will hit 1000$ you will buy 1NXT for 1000$ tx fee ?...

Well, I'll give you this: you're a real optimist. I'd be thrilled if Nxt hit $1.

1000$ please one time  Grin

BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:35:29 PM

No LTC?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:53:06 PM

Selection principles: technical innovations, what makes a coin different from others, community support, network size, market share, trading volume.

First tier:

1) Bitcoin - 50-55%
2) NXT - 20-25%, because first 100% Proof-of-Stake, many cool features already now and in the future.

Second tier:

3) Dogecoin - 15-20%

Third tier:

4) Protoshares/Bitshares - 2-3% - potentially decentralized exchange, etc.
5) Myriadcoin - 2-3% - potentially largest network of all coins, since 5 independent algos, and potentially more resistance to 51% attack/selfish mining, but this needs clarification from experts.

WOW i almost agree with you....

But let's be more balanced.......

BTC  LTC   DOGE QRK  NXT  PPC= 60%  in those for safety.

20% to gamble with now

cgb,anon,drk, mec, dgc, black, world ,xpm, net ........................some other mid level ones that are looking cheapish that still have active devs and some community

20% super super gambles...

take your pick.....mine are

icoin, qqc, vel, bee, flap, cash, , ................basically any real cheap coins that you see have a core of support ...in the thread or when it comes to voting on exchanges etc they get a high amount of votes.... people are holding some and still could be motivated to push that community forward with some small guidance and community management.

Most brand new coins are dying fast so they are really risky now.... the race to dump them at any exchange is fast and furious..

devphp (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:34:13 AM

Rebalanced some assets back and forth as the situation develops, modified the original post.
jklike

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:48:14 AM

Myriadcoin , where is it?
i have never saw it!
lotosminer

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:28:07 AM

I'd say NXT is a good choice.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SqDH9nmCWyP1yUM9J3ZhUiQ9kc8aotqPZL
QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QZBa56NpqpodoZBqhE314m7VxQi7fR4atQ
Unluckyduck

Activity: 359

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:16:30 AM

You should just dump everything except Bitcoin and dogecoin cause they're the only two with any real promise.
devphp (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:18:04 AM

Myriadcoin , where is it?
i have never saw it!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.0
devphp (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:19:08 AM

You should just dump everything except Bitcoin and dogecoin cause they're the only two with any real promise.

You mean NXT doesn't hold any real promise? Smiley
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:02:40 AM

doge the ganglam style of the crytpo world, people will be over it soon enough.

nxt innovation for innovation sake (yet nothing actually new or innovative at all), features no one wants or needs, and started in the worst possible way distribution wise.

I'm not against alts just none u mention makes the grade for any longterm investment.

litecoin is a no brainer, survived many waves of alts over recent years but still strongly on top, pegged now to btc and pretty much indifferent to its challengers.
devphp (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:19:42 AM

nxt innovation for innovation sake (yet nothing actually new or innovative at all), features no one wants or needs, and started in the worst possible way distribution wise.

I'm not against alts just none u mention makes the grade for any longterm investment.

litecoin is a no brainer, survived many waves of alts over recent years but still strongly on top, pegged now to btc and pretty much indifferent to its challengers.

Well, thank you for your comments, I could argue with you, but not in the mood and this has been debated too many times now to the point of being boring Smiley
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:23:52 AM

Well, thank you for your comments, I could argue with you, but not in the mood and this has been debated too many times now to the point of being boring Smiley

well something I agree with you on Wink
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:23:38 PM

What about anonimity? A crypto without full anonimity is a waste of time.

devphp (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:27:58 PM

What about anonimity? A crypto without full anonimity is a waste of time.

For those concerned about anonymity there is Dark Wallet for Bitcoin, and NXT also has plans to implement coin mixing as far as I know. So that aspect is covered or will be covered in those two in the near future.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: