Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:29:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinmarketcap or Coingecko?  (Read 4403 times)
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 06:03:08 AM

until recently I used exclusively coinmarketcap which I continue to consider the best in the sector but lately I have also started using coingecko since he added the feature earn with a list of altcoins that can be staked
Coinmarketcap is indeed the first choice compared to Coingecko, so I think that coinmarketcap selection is always the first. it's just that, sometimes there are some coins that are not in coinmarketcap, and when that happens, then the next election is coingecko
therefore I also use both. not as a benchmark, just separately see the development of assets that we have in the market is in growth or decline. for day traders it might not be so influential to use both. because sometimes they only focus on one exchange. but when traders want to seek arbitration, they may be very helpful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 08:03:03 AM

I guess their ranking formula is different that's why you are seeing such a huge difference in the ranks of exchange. I don't usually use CMC to check the exchange's rank so I still would still go with CMC for coin data.
DoubleEdgeEX

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2020, 08:08:32 AM

Did someone noticed any changes on CMC since the takeover of Binance? I think both website do a good job, but the question about fake volume is still no answered
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 10:20:34 AM

I wouldn't choose any of them over the other or say I trust coinmarketcap more than coingecko and vice versa, because I believe both are doing the same thing, where we find one irregularities in coingecko platform we can find the correct one in another platform that is coinmarketcap; a good example is the case with P2PB2B. Also, where coinmarketcap requires due diligence is followed for most projects to get listed which might take time, coingecko makes it easy for upcoming projects to get the attention of most people. Thus my reason for sticking to both than trusting one over the other. 

WSDN

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 11:16:48 AM

until recently I used exclusively coinmarketcap which I continue to consider the best in the sector but lately I have also started using coingecko since he added the feature earn with a list of altcoins that can be staked
Coinmarketcap is indeed the first choice compared to Coingecko, so I think that coinmarketcap selection is always the first. it's just that, sometimes there are some coins that are not in coinmarketcap, and when that happens, then the next election is coingecko
I usually use Coinmarketcap because this site has followed me from the beginning, and the statistics here are very accurate, so there is no problem for me. What I am most dissatisfied with is that the trading volume at some exchanges is inaccurate, and so far Coinmarketcap has not had a way to fix this, making some users here feel disappointed. Anyway, you can refer to Coingecko because, in recent years this site has provided a lot of good data for investors.

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

I  D  E  N  A

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

███

███

REQUEST INVITATION
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
popeye95

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 12:57:22 PM

I still use Coinmarketcap despite its flaws of the fake trading volume. Coingecko right now too easy to be list on there and a lot of bad, scam project has a space on crypto thanks to Coingecko which is the reason why I don't like it.
jajorforce

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2020, 06:03:44 PM

Actually, I don't compare this type of site. Whatever we do, we find something good on every site. I trust both but the coinmarketcap is looking gorgeous and reliable to me. Until the fake volume exchange situation, most of the people were using coinmarketcap sites.
gathernet

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

Dextrust.org #Defi

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2020, 06:14:21 PM

in terms of accuracy I prefer coingecko especially coingecko usually always registers a coin or token faster than coinmarketcap because the conditions given by coingecko are simpler, and have a telegram bot to check a coin or token from a telegram.

Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2020, 08:12:07 PM

More satisfying feature cmc in my choice even i don't trust exchange volume like follow in cmc. Whatever some fake exchange do show fake volume database then best time avoid it and keep analysis your own opinion. Otherwise coingecko adding a coin fastly but cmc adding coin after confirm two exchange listing. Anyway coingecko or cmc two crypto review so you can choice your like.
BobBct

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 08:08:19 AM

For me I feel like Coingecko lacks something the Coinmarketcap has. which is reputation. I feel like Coingeko is mainly used for small time tokens which on the other side CMC is focused on listing decent tokens, just tokens that have potential. But don't get me wrong, Coingeko is still reiliable in some ways. but if you ask me personally, i would recommend you to use Coinmarketcap because of it having a good reputation and i feel like CMC updates a tad bit faster than Coingecko price-wise.
litepool.ru

Activity: 531

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 10:55:19 AM

For me I feel like Coingecko lacks something the Coinmarketcap has. which is reputation. I feel like Coingeko is mainly used for small time tokens which on the other side CMC is focused on listing decent tokens, just tokens that have potential. But don't get me wrong, Coingeko is still reiliable in some ways. but if you ask me personally, i would recommend you to use Coinmarketcap because of it having a good reputation and i feel like CMC updates a tad bit faster than Coingecko price-wise.
It is clear that coinmarketcap is much more famous and popular than coingecko. Coinmarketcap is full of what people need to look for, previously they only had one problem: the fake volume. But now that problem has been fixed and the fake volume has been removed from this site

davidroux

Activity: 625

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 12:56:10 PM

It is clear that coinmarketcap is much more famous and popular than coingecko. Coinmarketcap is full of what people need to look for, previously they only had one problem: the fake volume. But now that problem has been fixed and the fake volume has been removed from this site
Coinmarketcap always receives the attention of people when participating in this market, and this site has a way to keep people here. Honestly, I prefer using Coinmarketcap than Coingecko because CMC has more interesting features and the interface of the website is very easy to use, so this is generally something that Coingecko cannot have. However, each website has its own strengths, and you should use both in parallel if you feel like it.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀