Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinmarketcap or Coingecko?  (Read 4403 times)
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 07:08:51 AM

I'm using coinmarketcap just for the sake of reference and to check certain coins price. If those coins are listed on shit exchanges then it's not the coinmarketcap fault because said site is just collecting the data on one place, I don't know why people seems to hate CMC as it's just for reference.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
restuibu

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 07:34:45 AM

I use both only to see the price of coins, I do not care about the exchange rate because I prioritize the price of coins rather than volume exchanges Grin

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2020, 07:43:35 AM

Well most of this data driven site (Meaning where the data is carry over from other's database/website) can be use as references but not fully depending on it
Look at multiple perspectives

We wouldn't really know if one site's data are purely transparent or rigged unless you can deeply explore into the exchange and monitor all of the data

However since not everyone is that tech savvy, its fine to use multiple sites as references to cross comparison or etc
Although i only uses CMC as i don't really see the volume because from most of the trading history in most exchanges, you can actually see that its manipulated

I uses Coinmarketcap mainly to see what's the recent hot coins
Trading volume can be fake, but price can be real if the volume did bulk up
Therefore, trading is not that easy because people need to identify if trading volume/trading pattern is false or true
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 07:47:00 AM

I personally use both of these sites depending on needs, I only use those sites to see price statistics and coin data. not that I don't believe both, but as users we must be wiser and more careful about the coin data, prices, any exchanges displayed on the CMC or Coingecko site.

sifonE

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 08:00:10 AM

well to me i don't really like P2Pb2b because is the most bullshit exchange..
but any token listed on CMC is the most trusted one, so what ever you are doing consider the one CMC though most time any token listed on P2PB2B i don't waste time going to trade it over there because it's wasted time and effort.
Forkdelta is even more trusted and has volume to those that P2PB2B.
qigong13

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 11:48:43 AM

I use both only to see the price of coins, I do not care about the exchange rate because I prioritize the price of coins rather than volume exchanges Grin
Same here and I see most posters here have the same thought. CMC but only for reference cause, CMC's exchange volume is dogshit unless coming from reputation exchange like Binance.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 12:03:31 PM

I always visited Coinmarket when I was checking the price of the coins and the checling the rank and I see also the exchanges site there.
Maybe they have reason why that exchanges is in the rank 3 Im a trader on that exchange sites that you mentioned.
But even they have different ranking it depends to you where you trade a coin.
litepool.ru

Activity: 531

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 12:06:09 PM

For example, I heard lot that P2PB2B is one of the bullshit exchanges because it has fake volume, but why on coinmarketcap can in the top 3?
Whereas on Coingecko P2PB2B is ranked 114, Does coingecko know if it's bullshit exchange? so it's not in the top 3 like in coin marketcap

So which one do you trust more?
P2PB2B is a bullshit and fake volume exchange. It deceived the coinmarketcap API and that's why it was in the top 3 coinmarketcap. I regularly use coinmarketcap because it has more features and I can see more projects. But I don't believe in the volume that coinmarketcap is listing

tiang_tower

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 12:13:26 PM

Yes, and everyone has different things to use both, some use only to monitor the price of coins and some use both to see the volume of exchange along with the prices of tokens that are in Coinmarketcap and Coingecko.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 12:16:52 PM

Maybe this is one of the very reason why Binance overtook CMC because of their continuous supporting websites that obviously manipulating trades and faking volume this is rampant in many BS exchanges I dont believe that CMC is not aware of this they are just ignoring to filter this kind of problems better to shift to Coingecko.    

disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 12:18:25 PM

What they do is that some  exchanges filter out fake volume which is very obvious on some of these exchanges. I was told most of these exchanges do wash trade. I think what CMC has done is to stat providing liquidity depth which I think is a good thing to do because most of these Asian exchanges are scams

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 12:23:55 PM

I use both simultaneously, but I never tried to use both of them as a refference for me to trade or to invest. When I am trading I will use the trading chart to paint my strategy and I use some media for fundamental analyst such as cointelegraph and CCN coin. Also I use them for my investment strategy, find the website of the coin first before I spend money for investing.
Davian144

Activity: 2520
Merit: 578

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 12:52:55 PM

Same here and I see most posters here have the same thought. CMC but only for reference cause, CMC's exchange volume is dogshit unless coming from reputation exchange like Binance.
In the case of using Coinmarketcap and Coingecko sites, it is true that almost the average person uses it to see the prices of tokens and coins, the rest only looks at the comparison of the volume exchanges of the two sites, and I think that's a very reasonable thing, because both sites provide services that same.
SyndicateLabs

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 01:20:34 PM

Just like you, I only use them to track prices and see if the exchanges are listing the altcoins I'm interested in. I never use coinmarketcap or coingecko to track volumes because it is inaccurate, and I also know which exchanges are good and which ones are bullshit.
nreal

Activity: 932

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 01:30:23 PM

I have never considered the ranking of exchanges on CMC to be reliable. Currently I use coinmarketcap for the sole purpose of looking at the prices of coins, and it's more of a habit than because of me. want to use it....

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 01:40:56 PM

I have never considered the ranking of exchanges on CMC to be reliable. Currently I use coinmarketcap for the sole purpose of looking at the prices of coins, and it's more of a habit than because of me. want to use it....
We got used to using CMC already, so even if there's a new one, still we will be using CMC as we don't actually look for a more detailed information, we just look at the CMC to see the current price and we go to the other site or this forum to check the reason on the price movement.
memed97

Activity: 1148
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 02:11:00 PM

Yes, but in looking at the price of coins in coinmarketcap we also have to consider which exchange is the most volume of coins we see, because people who are experienced and already know a good exchange will certainly trust the volume that is there even though the exchange is not is in the top rank in coinmarketcap.
Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 02:28:32 PM

We got used to using CMC already, so even if there's a new one, still we will be using CMC as we don't actually look for a more detailed information, we just look at the CMC to see the current price and we go to the other site or this forum to check the reason on the price movement.
Many users simply trust those numbers that they see on the coinmarketcap and do not go to other sites. This is a problem. many exchanges manipulate the course and provide not real volumes and we see all this lie on the coinmarketcap. Everyone who uses this site must need to learn how to verify the information.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
microsurfer

Activity: 170
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2020, 02:33:41 PM

Coingecko can be more honest exchnage due to it independancy
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2020, 02:42:46 PM

Many users simply trust those numbers that they see on the coinmarketcap and do not go to other sites. This is a problem. many exchanges manipulate the course and provide not real volumes and we see all this lie on the coinmarketcap. Everyone who uses this site must need to learn how to verify the information.
coinmarketcap least this time can still provide an update on any new cryptocurrency and can be used as a trading volume of information even though his movement may be subject to manipulation, but I believe only a few percent because the important thing is how we as traders can address it properly.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: