Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:14:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which kind of article would prefer to buy with your KMC in our future KimoShop?
PC Components: ram, cpu, GPU, motherboards, P.U. & more
Retro Computing Used stuff: c64, amiga, spare parts, games and programs etc.
Office stuff: print papers, printers ink, desktop accessories and more
Custom Built Mining rig with the best price/vs performance ever seen on the market!
Crypto-branded wears and support merchandise
Mass Cosumption electronics: smartphones, usb pendrives, sd cards, writeable cd/dvds
Services such Translations, graphics and programming
Every of these!

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ScryptAdaptive] KMC KimoCoin - KimotoCoin [5 EXCHANGES!]  (Read 85111 times)
jacob019

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Cryptomancer

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:08:45 PM

We need a volunteer who will maintain the github repo and start a new thread and head some promotional efforts.  It would be ideal if forgetme would hand over control over the repo so we don't have to hard fork during this difficult time.  I could do this, but frankly I don't think I'm the person for the job, because my C skills are poor (I'm a good python dev though), and I don't have time to put into development and promotion.

I would volunteer however to host the domain, block explorer, online wallet, paper wallet, and faucet--but will need some cooperation from forget me to transfer it.

Finally we will need some community consensus on how to move forward if we're going to salvage this project.

Favorite coin: Kimocoin (KMC) - in-thread auctions for real world merchandise
website - faucet - explorer - dice
birdonwheels5

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:59:04 PM

We need a volunteer who will maintain the github repo and start a new thread and head some promotional efforts.  It would be ideal if forgetme would hand over control over the repo so we don't have to hard fork during this difficult time.  I could do this, but frankly I don't think I'm the person for the job, because my C skills are poor (I'm a good python dev though), and I don't have time to put into development and promotion.

I would volunteer however to host the domain, block explorer, online wallet, paper wallet, and faucet--but will need some cooperation from forget me to transfer it.

Finally we will need some community consensus on how to move forward if we're going to salvage this project.

I'd be willing to help out, but I'm not very experienced in coding, and the only languages I know are Java and Lua at the moment.

But I think a hard fork would be required to fix this mess. Preferably dropping the block reward to 5000 without waiting for the inflation period to stop. And maybe we can give away some of our coins to noobs to get them into kimo? If we get the reddit community active, we could make a tipbot and start tipping everyone

MYR: MNYERWCHqrH1EkGNpF4T8o8dGB391A5jmm
DGB: DKqUZR8ajzo1vkXYWWx476wRyZ4La76WBy
Wolffish

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:41:26 PM

It's a real mess here...
You are brave ones, if you gonna sort this out!

I'm willing to donate my KMC-s to faucet - if needed to make giveaway for noobs!
birdonwheels5

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:54:52 PM

Oh and another idea. I'm thinking of lowering the coin cap... But then again that might not be fair since so many coins have already been mined.

I think our goal should be a fair distribution from here on out, along with some new, innovative features for our coin.

jacob019

Cryptomancer

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:35:34 PM

birdonwheels5, thanks for the good ideas.  First step will be to get control of the project into the hands of a new dev team.  I'm trying to work with forgetme to get control of things temporarily while we try to build the team.  It would be best if we can avoid a hard fork until the dust settles.  If you really want to help out I would suggest that you fork the repo and start studying the code and see what is necessary to implement some of these ideas.  I think switching to X11 might bring more support from miners, but before we move forward with any changes we need to have some community support.  My idea is to form a voting board from the top KMC stakeholders.  Then we could vote on some ideas on how to move the project forward.  Anyone else who can offer support, or has any ideas on how we should move forward, please speak.

I'm willing to donate my KMC-s to faucet - if needed to make giveaway for noobs!
Much appreciated, but please wait.   We're going to try moving the domain to new hosting and I'm not yet sure if we'll be able to get the coins out of the old faucet wallet.

birdonwheels5

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:54:58 PM

birdonwheels5, thanks for the good ideas.  First step will be to get control of the project into the hands of a new dev team.  I'm trying to work with forgetme to get control of things temporarily while we try to build the team.  It would be best if we can avoid a hard fork until the dust settles.  If you really want to help out I would suggest that you fork the repo and start studying the code and see what is necessary to implement some of these ideas.  I think switching to X11 might bring more support from miners, but before we move forward with any changes we need to have some community support.  My idea is to form a voting board from the top KMC stakeholders.  Then we could vote on some ideas on how to move the project forward.  Anyone else who can offer support, or has any ideas on how we should move forward, please speak.

To be honest, the easiest thing would be to fork Myriadcoin's source, and then adjust things like block reward and coin cap to fit Kimo. Of course we will have to do some refactoring and such. And for editing it, I'm thinking of removing qubit, groestl, and skein in favor of adding in X11, but of course programming the X11 algorithm is too involved for me unless we can find a way to use existing code to add the algorithm in. But this will mean that the three algorithms would be SHA256, Scrypt, and X11, and pretty much everyone will be able to mine and make a profit.

Edit: We might have problems with the blockchain

CHMinePeeR

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:49:39 PM

i will be here and support!

i have a lot of kmc and will support on giveaway, faucet, bounty etc...

Crypto Skill Promotions - Promote your Coin from Professionists!!
Get your LatiumCoin for free! just register here … ! ENJOY LAT is on https://coin-swap.net  ! Don't miss this!!
You get 5Lat just for signup ( at actual rate thats a free 0.01btc )
birdonwheels5

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:00:12 PM

i will be here and support!

i have a lot of kmc and will support on giveaway, faucet, bounty etc...

Right now I have about 30 kh/s dedicated to KMC on my p2pool so that the network won't die if everyone else pulls out. I'm not sure what would happen if the network hashrate drops to 0. In other words, I'm supporting the coin while we figure out where we're headed

jacob019

Cryptomancer

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:10:47 AM

Really appreciate words of support.  I'm working with forgetme.  I can't do this myself, need support from the community.  Would be wonderful if people could volunteer to help guide the future of our coin.  Will need help making decisions on how to proceed.  We especially need support with advertising and community development, outreach to exchanges, kimocoin artwork and more.  I've already gotten control of the domain, still waiting to get access to the VPS that hosts the block explorer and faucet so I can port it to the new servers.  Also hoping to get control of the original github repo.  Things are going to be different from now on.  There's no more "dev", instead it will be a distributed community project.

CHMinePeeR

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:40:23 AM

Lets do it! Smiley

BTW i think befor there is a big advertisement and commmunity spread we have to think what we will do with KimoCoin,
not only spread the word will help to give it life, we need service and something usefull to use KMC...

The Shop is a nice Idea, but i think this can only be used when there is a bigger support and KMC is well enstablished, because, users buy in kmc and the kmc needs to be exchanged to btc to buy the merchandise, so if there is no buy there is no btc, and the shop cant work...

it needs some real service that dont needs to dump kmc asap...

any ideas guys?

Get your LatiumCoin for free! just register here … ! ENJOY LAT is on https://coin-swap.net  ! Don't miss this!!
cell.md

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:47:20 AM

I want to tell you that I will let my 2 machines mining (summary ~80kh/s) till the end of story (which hope will never happen). If the faucet will work again, I will donate KMC.
Earlier in thread I told "dev" that 100k reward is toooo much, 50k would be a better choice, but...
For the new team, I think you need to drop this insane block reward, but I don't think you'll manage it until block 100 000, so maybe you'll rethink the after-inflation period, for a quicker drop to 5000 block reward?

P.S: I work intensively with Linux, so if you need help in that, I can help less or more.
P.P.S: Hope "re-branding"/hardfork will will be successfully.
drakandar

Activity: 286

Faircoin Development Team Member

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 02:13:51 PM

Kewl to see the community pick up this coin Smiley
It'll be hard work, so I want to wish you all the best luck!
I know you'll manage - we did (FairCoin) too!

Faircoin, the coin of the fair economy | https://fair-coin.org | https://faircoinpaperwallet.com
https://www.fair.coop | The Earth cooperative to create a new economic system, based in global fairness
hustman

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:47:00 PM

I hope some guys can pick up KMC.I have some suggestions.New DEV should develop World Cup soccer gambling function on kmc wallet.If we were possible to do this, KMC will soon be heat. Wink
CHMinePeeR

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:27:27 PM

I hope some guys can pick up KMC.I have some suggestions.New DEV should develop World Cup soccer gambling function on kmc wallet.If we were possible to do this, KMC will soon be heat. Wink

why do that? there is coming out a WorldCupCoin ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=609837.0 ) that will have that already...so i think this is not something related to this project...

cell.md

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:07:07 AM

Diff is growing, I think this is a good sign Smiley
jacob019

Cryptomancer

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:12:51 PM

We have the kimocoin.com domain, but have not yet gotten access to the vps and github repo.  Forgetme has agreed to give me access to both, but it's unclear how long it will take.  Anyway, we should start planning for the future of the coin.  I believe it would be a good idea to do a hard fork at block 100,000.

I believe that we should adjust the block reward and maybe the algorithm:
1.  After block 100,000 jump immediately to 50,000 with a longer tail.  I'm very worried about moving quickly down to only 5,000.  Who amongst us will continue to mine with only 5,000 block reward?  Here we are at 80,000 and < 0.1 diff.
2.  Switch algorithm to X11, I actually like Scrypt-N but X11 does seem to be more popular and we might pick up more users that way.

What are your thoughts on these points?

hustman

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:46:45 PM

why do that? there is coming out a WorldCupCoin ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=609837.0 ) that will have that already...so i think this is not something related to this project...

We can do the soccer betting system.It's not just the world cup lottery.Gambling is an important application of BTC or KMC.Who is the first to do it, who will be able to set up his own position.
KMC is no time to waste.No application, no one pay attention to KMC,Even if one block output  1 kmc.
KMC is too concentrated,Only a few widely focus application can save Kmc.
 I am not programming, otherwise I would have made myself. I hope someone can do it.
Worldcupcoin or other coin is not an actual product, is only a concept.
This is our chance.
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:07:18 PM

We have the kimocoin.com domain, but have not yet gotten access to the vps and github repo.  Forgetme has agreed to give me access to both, but it's unclear how long it will take.  Anyway, we should start planning for the future of the coin.  I believe it would be a good idea to do a hard fork at block 100,000.

1.  After block 100,000 jump immediately to 50,000 with a longer tail.  I'm very worried about moving quickly down to only 5,000.  Who amongst us will continue to mine with only 5,000 block reward?  Here we are at 80,000 and < 0.1 diff.
2.  Switch algorithm to X11, I actually like Scrypt-N but X11 does seem to be more popular and we might pick up more users that way.

If you are really going to do this, I'd suggest the following:

1. change algo to x11 or similar (in terms of power consumption and heat)
2. implement PoS to secure the blockchain after PoW phase
3. make sure that you get the complete pre-mine and put it into different addresses, visible for everyone!

ciocgun

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 03:14:21 PM

If you are really going to do this, I'd suggest the following:

1. change algo to x11 or similar (in terms of power consumption and heat)
2. implement PoS to secure the blockchain after PoW phase
3. make sure that you get the complete pre-mine and put it into different addresses, visible for everyone!

what will happen to old wallets?

ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:22:07 PM

everyone would need an updated wallet.

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: