Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:28:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which kind of article would prefer to buy with your KMC in our future KimoShop?
PC Components: ram, cpu, GPU, motherboards, P.U. & more
Retro Computing Used stuff: c64, amiga, spare parts, games and programs etc.
Office stuff: print papers, printers ink, desktop accessories and more
Custom Built Mining rig with the best price/vs performance ever seen on the market!
Crypto-branded wears and support merchandise
Mass Cosumption electronics: smartphones, usb pendrives, sd cards, writeable cd/dvds
Services such Translations, graphics and programming
Every of these!

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ScryptAdaptive] KMC KimoCoin - KimotoCoin [5 EXCHANGES!]  (Read 85110 times)
birdonwheels5

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:54:22 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 03:30:55 AM by birdonwheels5

Ok, I've been doing some work on the webpage, let me know what you guys think.

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlrfg1aozqp4cen/KimoWebsitePicture.PNG

Edit: Yes, it's modeled after the block explorer. I wrote the code myself, though.

Wooo figured out external style sheets! This is so much fun lol

MYR: MNYERWCHqrH1EkGNpF4T8o8dGB391A5jmm
DGB: DKqUZR8ajzo1vkXYWWx476wRyZ4La76WBy
jacob019

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Cryptomancer

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:37:38 AM

Great start, thanks for your contribution.  Things are looking up--increasing hashrate, minutes away from block 100,000, and active development.   Grin

Favorite coin: Kimocoin (KMC) - in-thread auctions for real world merchandise
website - faucet - explorer - dice
birdonwheels5

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:18:48 AM

Well I'm working on the website, and it's about time to start filling in content. But I need a little help from you guys.

Here's some questions that need to be addressed:

What is our purpose for this coin?
What is the motive and goal?
Why should someone invest in our coin, and what sets us apart from other coins?
Should we be transparent about the block reward schedule, or will the huge number of coins in circulation scare people away?

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure there's more. I'll make another post if I come up with any. If anyone else thinks of anything or answers, please let us know!

RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:40:12 PM

The front-page is mostly inactive pools. Are there any active?

Horses in midstream.
jacob019

Cryptomancer

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:34:59 PM

I would recommend mining on kmc.1js.us.  0% fees.  Great time to start mining, block reward is at maximum.  You should also consider solo mining, even with a low hash rate you'll get blocks.

GraberKGD

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:47:00 PM

http://kimo.internetarena.it/
jacob019

Cryptomancer

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:50:15 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 02:16:24 AM by jacob019

Well I'm working on the website, and it's about time to start filling in content. But I need a little help from you guys.

Here's some questions that need to be addressed:

What is our purpose for this coin?
What is the motive and goal?
Should we be transparent about the block reward schedule, or will the huge number of coins in circulation scare people away?

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure there's more. I'll make another post if I come up with any. If anyone else thinks of anything or answers, please let us know!

What is our purpose for this coin? What is the motive and goal?

This coin was started by an Italian university student as a fun project to help educate and get people involved in crypto-currency.  Now that the project has been taken over by the community it has become an enjoyable project for a small community of miners and traders.  Currently the purpose of the coin is to provide entertainment for those who engage with it.  It is our goal to grow the community and adopt new purposes and to find use in trade.  Due to the small dedicated community KimoCoin offers a unique opportunity to study Micro-CryptoEconomics.  Furthermore it offers investment potential to those who engage with KimoCoin and help to grow the community.

KimoCoin has a colorful history.  It has a unique block reward schedule that builds up to maximum payout over the course of several months and decreases at a similar speed over several more months.  The distribution is an upside down V rather than the typical exponential decline exhibited by most coins.  Early adopters still have an advantage, but early adopter is redefined as people who join the community within the first few months rather than the first few weeks.  This has made the coin more fun to engage with as it is not a typical pump-and-dump altcoin designed to make the developers rich, rather it is a community experiment.  You should invest in our coin if you see growth potential and given the small size of our community all newcomers can make a difference and help to guide the future of our project.  Given the low price and ease of mining, there's very limited risk.  Currently the market cap is only around $1000, so even the smallest miners and traders can get a decent chunk of the distribution.

Absolutely!  The block reward schedule should be displayed on the website, next to all the coin specs.  It's one of the unique features of our coin that makes it special and different.  We're here to have fun and to grow the coin and try to build value for our stakeholders.  An open community project needs transparency to thrive.  To do otherwise wouldn't be fun.

COMKORT

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:47:54 AM

Bring your trading to COMKORT exchange to enjoy highly user-friendly UI with great variety of features and wide range of cryptocurrencies. At COMKORT all of your trading issues will be attended promptly and professionally by our responsive tech-support team.

Everyday we are working to make your trading easy and efficient!

jacob019

Cryptomancer

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:34:36 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 08:53:35 PM by jacob019

difficulty up to 0.10413952
13 faucet users in 24 hours
active trading on Comkort
11 LTC in buy orders
Four days until the first negative adjustment to the block reward

Mining is profitable.  At the current reward, diff, and price one could rent a rig on leaserig or betarigs and sell the coins for a profit.
Cool

cell.md

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:28:05 AM

difficulty up to 0.10413952
13 faucet users in 24 hours
active trading on Comkort
11 LTC in buy orders
Four days until the first negative adjustment to the block reward

Mining is profitable.  At the current reward, diff, and price one could rent a rig on leaserig or betarigs and sell the coins for a profit.
Cool

Yes, doubled diff it's something Smiley

Personally, I'm very curious to see what will happen when block reward will fall.
birdonwheels5

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:12:02 AM

Is Comkort down, or is it just me? I keep getting a screen that says it's down when I try to go there.

Anyways, in other news... I finished the website and submitted it to Jacob Tongue Hopefully it's all set to go. But if it isn't, I'll fix it up and we'll be set in no time!

jacob019

Cryptomancer

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:05:52 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 01:26:10 AM by jacob019

Yeah, Comkort is down.  There's a note on their twitter feed that they're working on it.

In other news the official kimocoin website is now online  Grin
http://www.kimocoin.com/

A big thank you to birdonwheels5, our official web designer and a member of our core development team.  Cheesy  Comments and suggestions are appreciated.  This is our community site, so if anyone wants to make edits or contributions just PM them to me.

GraberKGD

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:29:05 PM

Yeah, Comkort is down.  There's a note on their twitter feed that they're working on it.

In other news the official kimocoin website is now online  Grin
http://www.kimocoin.com/

A big thank you to birdonwheels5, our official web designer and a member of our core development team.  Cheesy  Comments and suggestions are appreciated.  This is our community site, so if anyone wants to make edits or contributions just PM them to me.
Comkort is working.  Wink
jacob019

Cryptomancer

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:09:21 AM

Attention kimo.internetarena.it miners (especially GraberKGD and RIPPEDDRAGON), you are having poor luck--119% expected shares per block in the last 24 hours.  P2Pool has an advantage due to block broadcasting between nodes.

I have set up an EU node.  It's hosted on a fast SSD server in the Netherlands, 0% fee.  Please give it a try, I think you will find better payouts and it's better for our coin to avoid large centralized pools.

http://p2pool-eu.kimocoin.com

GraberKGD

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:23:40 AM

Attention kimo.internetarena.it miners (especially GraberKGD and RIPPEDDRAGON), you are having poor luck--119% expected shares per block in the last 24 hours.  P2Pool has an advantage due to block broadcasting between nodes.

I have set up an EU node.  It's hosted on a fast SSD server in the Netherlands, 0% fee.  Please give it a try, I think you will find better payouts and it's better for our coin to avoid large centralized pools.

OK. Try. Smiley
cell.md

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:02:21 AM

I'm trying to mine on p2pool-eu, but I have strange behavior:
I have a miner with ~40 khash/s, and then launch it mining on p2pool-eu, my kimocoin wallet show me a lot "mined", but with value like 40 KMC, 45 KMC etc.
Is this ok?
cell.md

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:15:12 AM

And one more question: If i mine on another p2pool node(with another miner) with same address/wallet, it may be a problem?
GraberKGD

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:40:53 PM

Attention kimo.internetarena.it miners (especially GraberKGD and RIPPEDDRAGON), you are having poor luck--119% expected shares per block in the last 24 hours.  P2Pool has an advantage due to block broadcasting between nodes.

I have set up an EU node.  It's hosted on a fast SSD server in the Netherlands, 0% fee.  Please give it a try, I think you will find better payouts and it's better for our coin to avoid large centralized pools.

Diff shares small. I have too many Reject.  Cry
Need to up diff shares

I live in Russia. In kaliningrad.
jacob019

Cryptomancer

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:21:46 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 05:06:05 PM by jacob019

Thanks for trying it guys  Smiley

Diff shares small. I have too many Reject.  Cry
Need to up diff shares

I live in Russia. In kaliningrad.

Higher reject is normal with P2Pool, P2Pool has a share chain with 1 second targeting, instead of 60 seconds like kimocoin, so the share raject rate is higher, but it's okay because it's the same for all miners and even reject shares can win a block for the pool.  I would advise you to watch the size of the payouts for your hashrate and compare to the other pool to see how well it works for you.  Your latency between Russia and Netherlands should be very similar to Italy.

I'm trying to mine on p2pool-eu, but I have strange behavior:
I have a miner with ~40 khash/s, and then launch it mining on p2pool-eu, my kimocoin wallet show me a lot "mined", but with value like 40 KMC, 45 KMC etc.
Is this ok?

It's normal.  With P2Pool you are paid directly from the coinbase.  As soon as each block is mined the coins go directly to your wallet and never go to a pool wallet.  Therefore you get many small payments.  When you first start mining the payments are small, because with PPLNS it takes a while to build up to full payout.  Should only take about an hour.

And one more question: If i mine on another p2pool node(with another miner) with same address/wallet, it may be a problem?

Yes, it's okay.  Each node connects to all the other nodes and together they make one big pool.  The payout from each block is distributed to miners across all the nodes, so you can switch whenever you want or mine on many different nodes with the same address.  P2Pool uses the same block chain technology to make a share chain, this approach makes is much safer for the coin and for miners than traditional pools.

cell.md

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:24:01 PM

Thanks, jacob019 for answers.
After an hour reward increased to a "normal" value. I'll remain on p2pool-eu Smiley
By the way, on Comkort trading is in a good progress Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: