Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:01:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are options to mine a profitable crypto on my computer.  (Read 3800 times)
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2020, 09:08:42 PM

I dont have the financial capacity to mine bitcoin. Is there anything I can mine profitably using my ordinary electronic gadgets like laptop, mobile and related stuff?
Laptop and mobile is bad idea, they will overheat and die in a very short time, they can't handle the POW heat like desktop can do, you will need graphics card like GTX 1050 and cheap electricity

Sir I do agree that PoW cant be mined on laptops anymore. I spent few days searching for MASS and through there telegram group I came to know many are mining this token on their laptops and on We Pool ( mining pool of MASS). I am in process of setting up miner on my laptop and will share how much I mine on my laptop.

It's not worth in my opinion
I'm mining this coin MASS and with 1Tb I'm mining 0.5 coins daily, but it's not regular, some days you can gain more or less, but it's a good start point to make your own calculations

The coin right now is $0,49 USD
How much will you spend with electricity and degradation of your hardware?

If you already have a rig of GPUs and have some spare HDDs, it's worth

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto_geek55

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 01:02:07 PM

I'm mining this coin MASS and with 1Tb I'm mining 0.5 coins daily, but it's not regular, some days you can gain more or less, but it's a good start point to make your own calculations

Once on exchange, the complexity of coin increase and it becomes more and more difficult to mine it on traditional devices like laptop and personal computers. Defiantly 0.5$ wont be profitable on laptop now, the opportunity to mine it on laptop is now over. Those who interested may mine it using rig of GPUs or buy it from exchange.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2020, 01:43:35 PM

~ snip ~

I should also ask you what components do you have in your computer

I have a HP laptop not very special just a normal one with 500 GB HDD, 8 GB RAM and Core i5 Processor. I don't my laptop has expensive components that I can use to mine any coin that requires extensive processing.

I will save you the hassle of investigating further and just say that there is nothing that you can mine on that laptop. You shouldn't ever even mine on a laptop due to a fire risk of the battery exploding.
[snip]
This is misleading and you really cant use BTC to judge altcoin mining activities and for the records there is still some altcoin which can be mine with GPU but the OP will need to get a graphic card.
In mean time, you'll find the altcoin you can mine on whattomine.

Once on exchange, the complexity of coin increase and it becomes more and more difficult to mine it on traditional devices like laptop and personal computers.
Thats not correct. There are some altcoin which are listed on exchange and there mining difficulty never change. What I'm trying to point out is that  it all depends on altcoin concept and utility level.

Krucifer

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2020, 06:32:51 PM

I dont have the financial capacity to mine bitcoin. Is there anything I can mine profitably using my ordinary electronic gadgets like laptop, mobile and related stuff?

There's a perfect coin for your situation. Idena Network (idena.io).

You don't need fast CPU/GPU or loads of RAM. You only need stable, flat-rate internet connection (or you can use cheap VPS for that part - VPS monthly fee pays itself off in 4 days of "mining" DNA).

It's equally distributed among all validated miners, there's no "my dick is bigger than yours" in Idena. But when you prove your humanness epoch by epoch, you get some extras to help you receive bigger rewards. But all on equal grounds, as long as you prove you're human and not a bot. And there are no 10 computers mining for one person, no ASICS, no farms.

It's still fairly new and growing each epoch.

I  D  E  N  A   ►   Proof-of-Person Blockchain
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ https://idena.io/ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CashbackLover

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 07:12:47 PM

No, mobile miners aren't that good and the only coin I can recommend stopped mobile mining already, that's electroneum, I think it's better you get desktop with good CPU at least and mine Monero (XMR), it uses a new Algorithm called RandomX and it's better with CPU, this shouldn't cost you alot

hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 09:14:37 PM

Mining through GPU is worthless if the coin mined have no quality/genuine potential and utility. I check the link provided and i can only an unfinished project which miners wont be able to sell when needed to paid their bills.
I will advise OP to visit minerstat here he can find the necessary information about how to mine using computer/GPU with the right coin.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
specumining

Activity: 61

Crypto Miner and Crypto Enthusiast!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2020, 03:25:37 AM

You can mine Verus ( https://veruscoin.io/ )with your laptop. It uses you CPU and can make you $0.30 to $1 a day -power but its not a lot.

Because you are on a laptop just use 1/2 of your cores for mining.
Krucifer

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2020, 07:50:14 AM

Mining through GPU is worthless if the coin mined have no quality/genuine potential and utility. I check the link provided and i can only an unfinished project which miners wont be able to sell when needed to paid their bills.
I will advise OP to visit minerstat here he can find the necessary information about how to mine using computer/GPU with the right coin.

Idena Network doesn't use GPU nor CPU. There's no PoW mining involved. It's BFT consensus and it gives you 1.3$ a day in the current market.

I mean, there's no downside to trying this, you literally don't invest anything to get something.

rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2020, 01:17:23 PM

You can mine Verus ( https://veruscoin.io/ )with your laptop. It uses you CPU and can make you $0.30 to $1 a day -power but its not a lot.

I'm sorry but I don't agree
It is not recommended to do this with Laptop CPUs, because heating and constant use at 100% can damage your hardware
Laptops are not designed to handle this kind of situation, with Desktop CPUs you can use a very efficient cooler and handle easily

Another thing to consider is the battery of the laptop, with heat and constant usage, you'll kill faster

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Krucifer

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2020, 07:17:16 PM

It is not recommended to do this with Laptop CPUs, because heating and constant use at 100% can damage your hardware
Laptops are not designed to handle this kind of situation, with Desktop CPUs you can use a very efficient cooler and handle easily

Another thing to consider is the battery of the laptop, with heat and constant usage, you'll kill faster

Exactly. So you need something that doesn't use PoW. And doesn't require buying shitload of coins/tokens to stake. Smiley

hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 09:13:08 PM

Idena Network doesn't use GPU nor CPU. There's no PoW mining involved. It's BFT consensus and it gives you 1.3$ a day in the current market.

I mean, there's no downside to trying this, you literally don't invest anything to get something.
That's doesn't matter either if the coin doesn't have genuine utility and also listed on the liquidity exchange site. Besides, why would choose to mine or invest in a coin just because of the $1.3 that can be made just in a nap of fingers

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Krucifer

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2020, 11:13:59 PM

That's doesn't matter either if the coin doesn't have genuine utility and also listed on the liquidity exchange site. Besides, why would choose to mine or invest in a coin just because of the $1.3 that can be made just in a nap of fingers

Cause this is many times more than any laptop CPU PoW can give you.

Not to mention you get other rewards on top of mining ones.

But those that don't want to make extra bucks, don't need to.

crypto_geek55

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 31, 2020, 06:20:34 AM

You have to sacrifice something if you mine any crypto, there is no way we can mine crypto outside computing devices.
The reason why I was recommending MASS for mining is that you don't need to spare your computer for mining, you can mine MASS while doing your work on computer. There are more tokens like that also, we have to find them.
TooLate1

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 07:30:02 PM

Mining is still profitable with tokens like MASS. BTC mining is no more profitable for people who are starting mining now. We have to look for alternatives and good news is that we still have options.
EscTel

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 05:52:58 PM

Mining is still profitable with tokens like MASS. BTC mining is no more profitable for people who are starting mining now. We have to look for alternatives and good news is that we still have options.

BTC mining is out of question for anyone who wanna start mining right now. MASS and other such coins are good option for anyone who is new and wanna get some insight of mining.
Krucifer

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2020, 07:36:07 AM

Btc should not be the option for now for people who want to start the mining now . Also their are people who are looking to mine on the  laptop or mobile and I would suggest not to try out such things beacuse it will just overheat your laptop tot mobile and as a result it may get destroyed and not a good option to use it.

Yet everyone here is overlooking IDENA which gets you mining rewards without actual CPU or GPU use. Just some of your time and use of your brain.

RomiM

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 21, 2020, 06:16:56 PM

Btc should not be the option for now for people who want to start the mining now . Also their are people who are looking to mine on the  laptop or mobile and I would suggest not to try out such things beacuse it will just overheat your laptop tot mobile and as a result it may get destroyed and not a good option to use it.

Yet everyone here is overlooking IDENA which gets you mining rewards without actual CPU or GPU use. Just some of your time and use of your brain.

I will defiantly do research on MASS and IDENA recommended by you. The game of mining is not over for people who are new and don't have money to buy expensive equipment.
HankePoster

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 07:17:39 PM

I will defiantly do research on MASS and IDENA recommended by you. The game of mining is not over for people who are new and don't have money to buy expensive equipment.

The good thing about MASS is it's open for all and making mining decentralized once again and doing good job on exchanges. Those who wanna learn mining and don't know how to start, MASS is for them.
Rowenta

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 04:59:54 PM

The answer is No, to mine any coin either CPU algo or GPU algo it requires better hardware setups, laptop is bad news for handling mining heats, they will die in short period of time, mining with either CPU or GPU on laptop will use all available power to the fullest and this will make your motherboard become extremely hot, this coursing damages or short life span

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
RomiM

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 05:40:09 PM

The answer is No, to mine any coin either CPU algo or GPU algo it requires better hardware setups, laptop is bad news for handling mining heats, they will die in short period of time, mining with either CPU or GPU on laptop will use all available power to the fullest and this will make your motherboard become extremely hot, this coursing damages or short life span

You are correct in saying that ordinary devices like CPUs cant be used to mine expensive cryptos like BTCs but less expensive coins (that still have some market value) can be mined on your ordinary CPU.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: