Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:59:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are options to mine a profitable crypto on my computer.  (Read 3800 times)
AntChe

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 07:06:41 PM

I dont have the financial capacity to mine bitcoin. Is there anything I can mine profitably using my ordinary electronic gadgets like laptop, mobile and related stuff?
The answer is No, to mine any coin either CPU algo or GPU algo it requires better hardware setups, laptop is bad news for handling mining heats, they will die in short period of time, mining with either CPU or GPU on laptop will use all available power to the fullest and this will make your motherboard become extremely hot, this coursing damages or short life span

You are correct in saying that ordinary devices like CPUs cant be used to mine expensive cryptos like BTCs but less expensive coins (that still have some market value) can be mined on your ordinary CPU.

MASS gave a great opportunity to people who cant afford expensive mining devices, those who accepted the challenge got huge profit by selling MASS at good price on exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2020, 09:24:04 AM

Recently I started mining DMS coin due to it's real world use case, which is not only planned
Like most of th coins out there, but actually working. It can be mined with almost any CPU.

It is designed to timestamp and mark documents of any sort as original, eliminating fraud.
If you are interested, you can learn more on their Discord: https://discord.gg/acfRC4X

webhead

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 08:22:53 PM

why dont you download ROI coin wallet on your laptop and mine the coins from your wallet just turn on mining leave it on make sure you turn off screensaver and turn power saving off and your get yourself some roi coins , and then when you get say 100 which wont take long then deposit them back to your wallet and earn 19 percent , i do this all the time i have 100k coins soon these coins will be worth a fortune guaranteed.
Bigerio

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 07:00:30 PM

For people starting mining in 2020, there is no better option than going for mining MASS on your laptop and computers. That's a great way to learn and earn. I am mining it on my laptop reward is a bit low but its fun to see how this works.
yadacoin.io

Activity: 194

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 07:15:41 PM

Give YadaCoin a try! We're listed on SafeTrade. You can mine our coin with our fork of XMRig, a very popular RandomX miner. RandomX mining is perfect for CPU only hardware.

0% dev fees, 1% pool take.

Download:

Windows: https://github.com/pdxwebdev/xmrigCC/releases/download/2.8.0/YadaCoin-XMRigCC-WindowsRC1.zip

Linux: https://github.com/pdxwebdev/xmrigCC/releases/download/2.8.0/YadaCoin-XMRigCC-LinuxRC1.tar.xz

Build from source: https://github.com/pdxwebdev/xmrigCC/tree/yadacoin

Support:
Visit our discord: https://discord.gg/JEDJaFS #mining-help
Krucifer

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 06:43:06 AM

For people starting mining in 2020, there is no better option than going for mining MASS on your laptop and computers. That's a great way to learn and earn. I am mining it on my laptop reward is a bit low but its fun to see how this works.

With IdenaNetwork you don't even have to use your CPU or GPU. Just some of your time once in every 2 weeks, when validation ceremony day comes.

Any CPU-minable coin will have those that use high-end CPUs vs those that use a laptop.

In Idena, there's no difference. Only thing that matters is YOU, a person, compared to a bot.

I  D  E  N  A   ►   Proof-of-Person Blockchain
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ https://idena.io/ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
anknok

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 05:27:55 PM

With IdenaNetwork you don't even have to use your CPU or GPU. Just some of your time once in every 2 weeks, when validation ceremony day comes.

Any CPU-minable coin will have those that use high-end CPUs vs those that use a laptop.

In Idena, there's no difference. Only thing that matters is YOU, a person, compared to a bot.

The difference is that Idena dont have any value on exchnages while MASS is trading around 0.22$. Thats why I think MASS is a better option when compared to Idena.
Krucifer

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2020, 08:09:42 AM

The difference is that Idena dont have any value on exchnages while MASS is trading around 0.22$. Thats why I think MASS is a better option when compared to Idena.

Idena has a price of 800 sats (0.07$) on qtrade.io.

You can:

a) make $50-ish a month if you sell after every validation (and that works well for 2nd and 3rd world countries),

b) HODL for, IMHO, imminent boom in the future.

Either way, there IS a value. How much MASS can you mine per month on a laptop?

Metazen

Activity: 213
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 08:12:50 AM

Mining is very competitive, so in order to collect a reward, the miner will need to be able to go through those random inputs as quickly as possible. Hence why choosing hardware with higher hash rate is extremely important for successful mining. Thats way a little bit expensive for Btc mining. May be Ethereum mining..Of course I want to mining with my laptop but we are in 2020.
Krucifer

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2020, 07:50:29 AM

Mining is very competitive, so in order to collect a reward, the miner will need to be able to go through those random inputs as quickly as possible. Hence why choosing hardware with higher hash rate is extremely important for successful mining. Thats way a little bit expensive for Btc mining. May be Ethereum mining..Of course I want to mining with my laptop but we are in 2020.

And with Idena it's not competitive. Anyone has the same chance (not even a chance, it's a sure thing).

EscTel

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 06:19:24 PM

Idena has a price of 800 sats (0.07$) on qtrade.io.

You can:

a) make $50-ish a month if you sell after every validation (and that works well for 2nd and 3rd world countries),

b) HODL for, IMHO, imminent boom in the future.

Either way, there IS a value. How much MASS can you mine per month on a laptop?

Good to see we have options other then BTC which people can mine in 2020. I am mining MASS these days and so far its a good experience. Reward is low these days because coin is on exchange.
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 08:39:57 AM

I dont have the financial capacity to mine bitcoin. Is there anything I can mine profitably using my ordinary electronic gadgets like laptop, mobile and related stuff?

Laptops usually lacks the GPU power that is required to mine a good coin solo unless the coin is new and not much people know about it and for that to happen you need to be very lucky.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
MinerPath

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2020, 06:55:04 AM

Mining with laptop or mobile phone isn't recommended for years now.

If you have at least a desktop computer with at least one GPU, you can try mining the most profitable coins at the moment, that will be exchanged to Bitcoin for you:

https://bitcoinminingsoftware2019.com/windows/
https://bitcoinminingsoftware2019.com/linux/

For phone, you can't(or more precisely shouldn't) mine anything in the traditional sense, however, I'm keeping an eye on PI Network, which takes zero investment and may prove to be worth anything once it gets up on the exchanges:

https://bitcoinminingsoftware2019.com/pi-cryptocurrency-mining-from-your-phone-dont-be-left-behind-again/
Krucifer

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2020, 02:15:30 PM

Laptops usually lacks the GPU power that is required to mine a good coin solo unless the coin is new and not much people know about it and for that to happen you need to be very lucky.

Do you people not read or just choose to ignore it regardless?

IdenaNetwork (idena.io) needs no GPU power, needs no CPU power, only needs half of a brain and a working internet connection.

Krucifer

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2020, 02:16:28 PM

Mining with laptop or mobile phone isn't recommended for years now.

Read above this post, so I don't copy myself.

WinterCns

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 05:19:22 PM

MASS has very recently hard fork at block height of 694,000. Protocol underwent some changes because of increase in community as MASS got listed on 2x exchanges.

https://massnet.org/en/blog/Mass_Net_Update_Notes
SamaBB

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 06:36:44 PM

MASS has very recently hard fork at block height of 694,000. Protocol underwent some changes because of increase in community as MASS got listed on 2x exchanges.

https://massnet.org/en/blog/Mass_Net_Update_Notes

Hard fork is not only the new happenings, the coin is on 2 more exchanges. So now its on 4 exchanges. I am sure the way this project is moving very soon we will find  it on Binance.   
mqpa73

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 06:59:05 PM

you only need a hard disk, computer and internet connection to mine the MASS. They have one of the finest development team, which has worked very hard to keep the MAINET alive and fixed critical issues on time. This is one reason why project is running successfully.
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 09:45:27 PM

One thing is certain, mining on a traditional coin POW laptop will not be effective, the exception may be entering a new project at a very early stage before the difficulty increases and counting on luck that this new altcoin will moon (very unlikely).

Another solution is to look for non-standard POW projects ....
I can see that this topic is dominated by the fight between MASS and Idena ;-) You can see my signature so it is clear that I will join the Idena supporters (but in my free time I will also read about MASS). I recommend Idena because i that I have been mining it for several months. I can fully confirm the real monthly earnings are above $ 50 (today only from mining ~ $ 1.3 / day + some extra coins for each vaildation process - currently once every two weeks), which in my opinion is a good result with virtually zero expenditure. You can mine on a 10-year-old laptop as well as on an energy-saving Raspberry Pi, and if someone does not want to keep the laptop turned on 24/7, he can invest ~ $ 5 /month (or even less) on VPS and mine remotely.

leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 08:50:20 PM

Idena seems pretty interesting. Going to read more about it for sure.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: