Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:51:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive SpondooliesTech SP10 Setup [HD]  (Read 28982 times)
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:33:25 AM

Anyone who has purchased a SP10 already received?

First shipment was send yesterday, the early birds already got their tracking number.

One more reviewer (MineForeman) got his unit today.
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 09:27:06 AM

Is there a screen shot of a minimum 48 hour stress test done in the same "hot room"?
After 5 hours of testing: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg5938665#msg5938665

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 10:01:34 AM

The SP10 contains 192 Hammer ASICs arranged into two large hashing boards. Hash rates vary between 1.4 and 1.6TH depending on temperature, and power consumption between 1.1 and 1.3KW from the wall. It contains a power supply, controller and cooling system - all in a 1.25U case.

Then the fight seems to be on for the 1TH/s space

Who will blink first on price
Spondoolies  1.45TH/s @ $4995 = 1TH/s @ $3,444
BITMAIN                                      1TH/s @ $3,599
Bitmine/Dragon/Clones                 1TH/s @ $3,600 (approx.)

Who can deliver on volume?
Who's miners can be overclocked enough?

bitmain/dragon ships next diff jump

this miner has lead time 5 jumps
http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=5006860589&dcosts=6200&diff_mincrease=20&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=1500000&diff_mincreasedecrease=0.1&btcusd=545.31&dpowcon=1000&btcusd_mincrease=0&pcost=0.2&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=5&action=calc

cute miner but totally unprofitable, 60% loss
(include customs fees, vat and shipping cost)

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:46:40 AM

I wish they would revise their pricing but it seems there are enough folks willing to buy and take a guaranteed loss.  Supply & Demand at work...

I am pleasantly surprised to see the very active group of folks supporting the launch of the product.  Technical blog and firmware folks posting frequently -- great to see!

dogie (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:33:09 AM

Just in case there is any doubt that these are bespoke chips (click through for HD pr0n):

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 12:59:19 AM

Updated 'other guides in the series' to new style. Added new super high res pictures to the start of the OP.

Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:02:08 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 01:34:51 PM by Gator-hex

40c inlet temp and 80c out temp?
FYI: in fahrenheit that's in=100 and out=176
And that is only for it being on for 11 minutes???
You've missed the info above the graph, it was a stress test we did in a hot room.
Yes, I did read that part. Which is why I am confused. You say it is a "stress-test" yet the miner shows an up-time of 11 minutes. Is there a screen shot of a minimum 48 hour stress test done in the same "hot room"?

This miner runs very hot so it will be interesting to see if they stand the test of time. My GPUs don't last very long above 100c temps! Tongue

Dogie, might be worth mentioning, price, $/GH, warranty period, in your review?

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 02:01:21 PM

This miner runs very hot so it will be interesting to see if they stand the test of time. My GPUs don't last very long above 100c temps! Tongue

Dogie, might be worth mentioning, price, $/GH, warranty period, in your review?

The vast majority of the chips sit between 77 and 113C, and only a few ever over 113 in some hotspots. That's not that hot, as remember these are on die temperatures. The Antminer S1 for example uses on pcb/chip edge sensors, which are going to be 30C below their on die equivalents. These chips are also specified by TMSC to operate at up to 127C!

tldr, they were designed this way for the formfactor, and there is still a lot of headroom.

I don't mention price or $/GH in reviews because after 7 days they're already out of date. I also rarely mention warranty periods as its just an arbitrary number out of your control. A company could say they have a 10 year warranty but disappear after 4, or another company could offer a 12 month warranty but run out of parts for that generation after 6. No one knows, so its not something that should be used as a key indicator in a buying decision.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 03:59:56 AM

Would appreciate if people could spend 2 minutes providing feedback on the guides so I can improve them.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 12:49:34 AM

Question to the community:
For SP30 it's too late (we're too deep into the design) but for future miners, is LCD with Hashrate / Temperature / IP / other status desirable ?
If so, what data to display ?

Suggestion from a software guy:

Forget LCD displays --> add a json-rpc stat api.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 01:07:32 AM

For SP30 it's too late (we're too deep into the design) but for future miners, is LCD with Hashrate / Temperature / IP / other status desirable ?

What I've seen which really helps from the LCD is the IP its set at. Even if you have a default shipping IP the unit can still go walkies and end up in god knows where. Its nice to be able to see where (if anywhere) its ended up.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 08:40:30 AM

What I've seen which really helps from the LCD is the IP its set at. Even if you have a default shipping IP the unit can still go walkies and end up in god knows where. Its nice to be able to see where (if anywhere) its ended up.

Our P&M feature solve that without LCD. Just go to http://myminer.io

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
zvisha

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:18:27 AM

There is actually json-rpc API in the cgminer.
They are not enabled by default from outside the miner (see /etc/cgminer.conf), but you can enable them.

Then again, best thing about LCD is the IP, all the rest are just bells and whistles, and for the IP we have myminer.io for all them miners who don't want to run an IP scan.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:19:17 PM

Our P&M feature solve that without LCD. Just go to http://myminer.io

When i go to the URL, i got redirected to : http://start.spondoolies-tech.com/

And it doesnt show any stats.

Can you elaborate?
seriouscoin

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:20:24 PM

dogie, any cooling mod so far? did you find a way to turn down the PSU fan?
seriouscoin

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:46:24 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 12:30:37 AM by seriouscoin

btw, how do i reverse the firmware?

After upgrading the firmware to the latest (1.2.32) from 1.2.7 , my hashrate has gone down. How do i go back to 1.2.7 ?

I wish spondoolies let users to upload the firmware file instead.

Edit: this new Firmware (1.2.32) sucks . I'm running Normal mode and its only 1.29Th/s.... With the old firmware (1.2.7) its 1.37TH/s

Edit2:
After more mining time, this is the result: Both Normal and Turbo mode :1.28- 1.3TH/s ! . In Quiet Mode: 1.31TH/s - 1.34TH/s !

The noise level seems to be the same in Quiet mode (probably because PSU fan runs full speed in all mode?) . But the temp in Quite mode is higher so i assume the case fans run bit slower.

Can someone from Spondoolies explain?

I want the FW 1.2.7 back so bad right now

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 01:07:31 AM

After upgrading the firmware to the latest (1.2.32) from 1.2.7 , my hashrate has gone down. How do i go back to 1.2.7 ?

Edit: this new Firmware (1.2.32) sucks . I'm running Normal mode and its only 1.29Th/s.... With the old firmware (1.2.7) its 1.37TH/s

Edit2:
After more mining time, this is the result: Both Normal and Turbo mode :1.28- 1.3TH/s ! . In Quiet Mode: 1.31TH/s - 1.34TH/s !

The noise level seems to be the same in Quiet mode (probably because PSU fan runs full speed in all mode?) . But the temp in Quite mode is higher so i assume the case fans run bit slower.

Increase the max PSU draw, not sure what it defaults to.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 01:07:50 AM

When i go to the URL, i got redirected to : http://start.spondoolies-tech.com/

And it doesnt show any stats.

Can you elaborate?

It doesn't show any stats for me, but it does find what IP my miner is living at.

dogie, any cooling mod so far? did you find a way to turn down the PSU fan?

Its something that has to be done in the firmware, waiting on them.

seriouscoin

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:11:07 AM

Edit2:

Increase the max PSU draw, not sure what it defaults to.

It has no effect at all. I tried 1200w and 1250w. Same result.

Btw with the prev FW 1.2.7, i left it at default which is 1200w. So i dont see this being a problem.

My hashrate is terrible at the moment 1.28THs (normal mode or Turbo mode, doesnt matter)

Also i left the miner plugged to the same outlet. This firmware just is just messed up. Also the CGminer in this firmware is newer version. Based on my experience with mining, sometimes newer version of miner actually reduce the hashrate.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:33:06 AM

Please upgrade now once, we have temporary reverted the firmware version (it will notify you about available update again, though it's enough to do it once).
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: