Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 23 Skidoo CHAO Information  (Read 39806 times)
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:38:39 PM

Also, and importantly, for anyone else with a stake, this beloved CHAO-coin is being dropped from Cryptopia -- so anyone affected really ought to get their coins off that exchange.  Hopefully there'll be news about other exchanges soon (so that there is an open market for 23-Skidoo in the long term). Tongue

Why is Cryptopia dropping Chao?

As long as the coin is not hacked or hijacked exchanges should not be a problem soon.

Because for some reason they seem to think im a bad actor on the network. http://prntscr.com/ghwm8x

I'm sorry but 51% attack could be easily with 2 th/s  net hashrate   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
And It even has no PoS.
If I add this coin to my marketplace I will require 300 confirmations at deposits to prevent losses

Yupp you're correct. but once merge mining is active there will probably be close to 5ph/s
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:16:09 PM

i've just seen chao on cryptopia. it's 31.000 btc per coin?? is that right??

can it be mined?

It can be mined solo, at https://yiimp.infernopool.com/ (which will hopefully permit merged-mining soon [if not presently]), also at zpool.ca and http://wmikrut.com/ .

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
jubeis_coffee

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:49:03 PM

Infernoman,

I'm on the new version compiled with boost 1.61 on 16.04 LTS and reindexing as I type this. I noticed pools are halted. Not sure what's going on. As far as the chain ID, I'd have to do some digging to get more insight on this issue, but I'll dig around. With the auxpow number changed, there is a little more time to get it fixed to avoid conflict, but at least it won't affect regular mining. I'm a full node, so while reindexing, I've got people connecting as well so it shouldn't be long before everyone is caught up. Keep in mind folks, you might have to reindex your block chain.

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:48:51 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 01:58:19 AM by infernoman

Infernoman,

I'm on the new version compiled with boost 1.61 on 16.04 LTS and reindexing as I type this. I noticed pools are halted. Not sure what's going on. As far as the chain ID, I'd have to do some digging to get more insight on this issue, but I'll dig around. With the auxpow number changed, there is a little more time to get it fixed to avoid conflict, but at least it won't affect regular mining. I'm a full node, so while reindexing, I've got people connecting as well so it shouldn't be long before everyone is caught up. Keep in mind folks, you might have to reindex your block chain.

I've pointed my miners over to wmikrut.com since you can mine CHAO directly but haven't been able to connect, I'm also running a full node on the pool, and my chain is up to date. worst case ill disable my other coins to get it moving.

EDIT: it's moving. If cryptopia does decide to remove CHAO i'll leave it on infernopool for you guys since its much easier to support an AUXPOW coin instead of solo.
heratys111

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:44:00 AM

If and when I decide to switch over to the updated codebase (say after getting my situation together and obtaining a suitable ASIC someday), would that be when I would need to be concerned about reindexing? (Or if I keep running version 0.10.1.1 can I remain unaware of the actual implementation/mechanics of this kind of intricacy until that eventual point in time?)  If I eventually upgrade (say, to get the GUI-wallet compiled) to version 0.11, I presume one would have to save a copy of wallet.dat or backup one's coins somehow... (?)

What does running a full node really mean?  I take it one needs to have a host/server running all the time but is this anything more than merely running skidood from the terminal window and transmitting the blockchain to connected peers from time-to-time?

Also @CryptogreenT:  the other coins started by Blazr2/Hagbard Celine that I know of are Cthulhu-Offerings [OFF], Unobtanium [UNO or UN], and Flaxscript [FLAX].

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
mathi

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:51:43 PM

Hi, my friend, I'm from Argentina I tell you I'm conspirqnoico, I think and investigate the illuminati coins, I study computer, I have enough chao in cryptopia, which you recommend me to do? I read the comments of this forum, x what I see are updating and there will be a hardfork? , could you kindly explain what I should do: / I currently have 0.00258718 chao.
jubeis_coffee

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:29:44 PM

Infernoman,

I've pointed my miners over to wmikrut.com since you can mine CHAO directly but haven't been able to connect, I'm also running a full node on the pool, and my chain is up to date. worst case ill disable my other coins to get it moving.

EDIT: it's moving. If cryptopia does decide to remove CHAO i'll leave it on infernopool for you guys since its much easier to support an AUXPOW coin instead of solo.

I've had the same problem with wmikrut for 6+ months. I think Comcast may be dropping some of the traffic which doesn't surprise me. They are known for traffic shaping and randomly dropping traffic because of how pathetic their infrastructure is. Like I said in an earlier post.. all Comcast does is gobble up smaller cable/internet companies and then doesn't upgrade infrastructure, then charge their customers stupid prices for 50 year old ISP technology (the physical part that is, not the software as Xfinity has shown vague improvements). wmikrut needs to get off Comcast, besides... Comcast uses telnet for their access to the modems which is all clear text. Then again... ATT isn't much better because of how their NVG589 and 599s have vulnerability issues.

https://www.inforisktoday.com/researcher-att-routers-be-easily-compromised-a-10255

Google fiber and other fiber companies are starting to step it up, but it's slow roll out. Will look into chain ID as I get time.

My node should be reindexed by now. I'm on .11.
Be in touch soon.
Thanks again.
Jubei
mathi

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:26:54 PM

Hello I have 0.00258718 chao. chao in cryptopia, what do you recommend me to do?
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:30:40 PM

Hi, my friend, I'm from Argentina I tell you I'm conspirqnoico, I think and investigate the illuminati coins, I study computer, I have enough chao in cryptopia, which you recommend me to do? I read the comments of this forum, x what I see are updating and there will be a hardfork? , could you kindly explain what I should do: / I currently have 0.00258718 chao.

You can be trading skidoo at CryptoHub soon.

startsts

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:58:46 PM

I almost added skidoo to cryptohub.
But I have questions:

-What is minimum allowed transaction amount?
-What is minimum tx fee? If I set "settxfee 0.00000001" is ok?
-What is average block reward to set at calculator

4oshio

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:19:58 PM

is solo still ok on ver .11?why i'm not connect on daemon?in ver.11?
4oshio

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:36:56 PM

i try to solo direct on gui wallet qt or src (skidood),not working on ver .11
but i try to unomp and nomp is connected on daemon...
need help please.... to solo direct to wallet.
thank you
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:15:43 PM

I am NOT ok with losing Cryptopia as an exchange.  Neither are some of the people I know who have a stake in Chao.

Chao has an interim dev,  vlad9vlad,  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526224.80

I am not feeling good about this 'take over.'    Get Cryptopia on board or you are done before you start.

The whole reason chao needs this is because it was 51% attacked, and that is why its being removed from cryptopia. Nothing to do with the update.
startsts

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:46:04 PM

I am NOT ok with losing Cryptopia as an exchange.  Neither are some of the people I know who have a stake in Chao.

Chao has an interim dev,  vlad9vlad,  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526224.80

I am not feeling good about this 'take over.'    Get Cryptopia on board or you are done before you start.

The whole reason chao needs this is because it was 51% attacked, and that is why its being removed from cryptopia. Nothing to do with the update.

Please respond to me

jubeis_coffee

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:29:21 AM

Please respond to me

Hey startsts.
If you check out the earlier pages of this thread, you'll see the really strange payout. It follows the law of fives which is based off some mythology Blazr2 apparently had an interest in.
The smallest payout is .00000001.
Not every block has a reward either.

Here is the original thread from the now defunct 23skidoo.info website the original dev put together:

------begin snippet--------

A very odd SHA256-token indeed, if even to be called that. This is the only listing of its specifications, as provided by Malaclypse the Third only to be released upon you in this time:

23 total skidoo, ever. No 'pre' mine/special blocks, however the chain has already undergone its first offerings to Eris. The reward structure confirms to the Law of Fives and the 17 and 23 Enigmata and is as so:

If the block height is divisible by 2, the offering is rewarded with .00000001 Skidoo
If its not divisible by 2, but it is by 3, the offering is rewarded with .0000001 Skidoo
If its not divisible by 2 or 3 but ends in a 5, the offering is rewarded with .000001 Skidoo
If it doesn't conform to the Law of Fives, but is divisible by 17 or 23, the offering is .00001 Skidoo
All other blocks don't pay, yea that's right, 0. It will take nearly 400K of blocks to have 1 whole Skidoo - A LIE! - See davethehat's spreadsheet in thread.

1/1000th of a Skidoo is a Chao, and this is the default method of divding Skidoo. Default RPC Port is 10023. The Discordian Gravity Well was directly ripped off from Kimoto and as such, the difficulty is self-regulating. Blocks take 23 confirmations to be valid and to be infuriating, there is a 5000 milliChao limit to how much you can send at once. Oh and plus a silly fee structure that could cost you as much as you'd like to send in fees payable to the Discordian network of Skidoo pushers.

-------end snippett---------

If you go to the wayback machine and search for 23skidoo.info, you can find a little more information. I can't remember if it had Dave's spreadsheet or not. Here is the link with web snippets of the website's history. DO NOT GET THE CLIENT AT THE WAYBACK MACHINE LINK. IT"S VIRUS RIDDEN. (Sorry about the caps, not trying to scream, just want to make sure anyone reading this thread understands the importance of not using the old client from the wayback machine download link.)

wayback machine link for old 23skidoo.info:  https://web.archive.org/web/*/23skidoo.info

Infernoman has posted some links for getting the newer client on his github site.
As far as setting the tx to .00000001, I don't see why not based on the lowest payout of the law of fives being .00000001, but I'd rather have Infernoman confirm this as you have seen in my previous posts, I'm not a code wizard, but can handle some simple debugging and minor corrections to code compiling issues.

Since CHAO is SHA256 and based off of bitcoin code, the tx fee you mention should be fine. See this site regarding fees. It might offer a little insight.

https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

Hope this helps, but the minimum transaction is .00000001 as that is part of the law of fives least possible payout, if the block pays out at all.
Maybe infernoman can confirm the .00000001 tx fee.
heratys111

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:50:30 AM

Hmm... I opened up the glorious skidood terminal today and "getinfo" output:

"
{
    "version" : 100101,
    "protocolversion" : ...
unlocked_until" : 0,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"relayfee" : 0.00001000
"errors" : "Warning: This version is obsolete, upgrade required!"
}"

Also, https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/#!network lists the network clients in the past 24 hours as follows:

Sub-version              Protocol        Count            Network Share

Skidoo:0.11.0/           70003          5                41.7 %   41.7 %
/Skidoo:0.10.1.1/      70002           3                25.0 %   66.7 %
/Skidoo:0.10.1.1/       70003          1                8.3 %   75.0 %
/Skidoo:0.11.1/          70004          1                 8.3 %   83.3 %
/Skidoo:0.9.0.1/         70001          1                 8.3 %   91.7 %
/Skidoo:0.9.2/           70002           1                 8.3 %   100.0 %

If I understand, Infernoman's build is 0.11 ??   Does that version also take into account Vlad9Vlad's work to ensure it's not corrupt and rife with trojans or other malware?
For a superficial, aesthetic question: if I someday get the gui compiled in my Linux distro will it not look like that of Hagbard Celine's post #9 on this thread? If not ***that's too bad  Tongue  as that wallet is phenomenal-looking IMO **.

I'd conjecturing that the merge-mining capability should help make this coin more robust by drawing more entrants into mining this -- which should also justify (in a recursive/feedback-loop sorta way) the high prices as it is far rarer than other coins from circa 2014 e.v.  Regarding the robustness, I stumbled across something a few days back about the futurist/Extropian/Satoshi-Nakamoto-correspondent (or an alias of SN?) Hal Finney opining:

>In late 2010, he discussed the relationship between the profitability of the process and the overall health of the network. He argued for a healthy balance to
> ensure that network participants remain as concerned about security as they are about making money
> ...
> In January 2011, he offered additional thoughts on the topic, suggesting that the cost of bitcoin mining should be somewhat prohibitive.
> He voiced concern that a wealthy mining operation could theoretically take over the network, and pointed to the expenses associated with
> mining as a positive element of the process.   Finney noted:
> “Ultimately it's good for the network for mining to be expensive. It makes it that much harder for a well financed attacker to dominate the network.”
 (source: https://www.coindesk.com/hal-finney-bitcoin-words/ ).

So, to save the CHAO I've socked away (bought off Cryptopia the last few months) as I expect I will move away from vrsn 0.10.1.1: would the following link be roughly the process I'd want to do (hopefully it's fool-proof because I don't want to goof it up):
        https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/2023-quick-guide-how-to-rebuild-a-qt-wallet-if-you-lost-your-coins/ ??
 (i.e. backup wallet.dat [unencrypt it first I guess?? as I use the passphrase feature on all coins] do the dumpprivkey stuff that link describes, and then go ahead and git clone infernoman's source, check the hash and try to compile it (hopefully with a GUI/QT , crossing my fingers that it looks as slick and distinctive as Hagbard Celine's post showed) and hope I still have access to my Chao-horde.   I'm probably going to park some coins at Cryptohub (but perhaps not the full chunk).

Also, as my client is running off the terminal only, would there be any other changes I would want to make in the directory that contains:
blocks      database  debug.log          peers.dat    skidoo.pid
chainstate  db.log    fee_estimates.dat  skidoo.conf  wallet.dat ?

Aside from saving a backup copy of the files in that directory -- except maybe "blocks" as I think that's the unpruned-blockchain.  I'd allow the new installation to rebuild it's own version of it (the .skidoo directory in Unix's nomenclature)  and then somehow get it aligned with my backup wallet (I think this is possibly the reindexing that people were referring to? More likely it's the dumpprivkey from the walkthrough site that I just mentioned)

Any constructive suggestions or insight by someone more adept at this would be appreciated.  Smiley  Much of the discussion earlier in this thread regarding the reindexing and AUXPOW  is beyond my knowledge or experience at this time (I need kind of a dumbed-down walkthrough at this point).

@mathi usted problamente necesita mover los coins a otro wallet o es possible que estaran en limbo/hostage en el intercambio.   

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
4oshio

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:30:28 AM

/Skidoo:0.11.0/           node list   70003   5   41.7 %   41.7 %
/Skidoo:0.10.1.1/   node list   70002   3   25.0 %   66.7 %
/Skidoo:0.10.1.1/   node list   70003   1   8.3 %   75.0 %
/Skidoo:0.11.1/           node list   70004   1   8.3 %   83.3 % ==>>NEW Huh
/Skidoo:0.9.0.1/   node list   70001   1   8.3 %   91.7 %
/Skidoo:0.9.2/           node list   70002   1   8.3 %   100.0 %

new ver? Skidoo:0.11.1..oh god...
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:36:38 AM

/Skidoo:0.11.0/           node list   70003   5   41.7 %   41.7 %
/Skidoo:0.10.1.1/   node list   70002   3   25.0 %   66.7 %
/Skidoo:0.10.1.1/   node list   70003   1   8.3 %   75.0 %
/Skidoo:0.11.1/           node list   70004   1   8.3 %   83.3 % ==>>NEW Huh
/Skidoo:0.9.0.1/   node list   70001   1   8.3 %   91.7 %
/Skidoo:0.9.2/           node list   70002   1   8.3 %   100.0 %

new ver? Skidoo:0.11.1..oh god...

0.11.1 is me, working on testing changes to fix some issues i found. it wont be released officially until AUXPOW starts at block 825000
4oshio

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:38:31 AM

oh..ok...
i hope is solo works too..thanks
startsts

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:58:21 AM

0.11.1 is me, working on testing changes to fix some issues i found. it wont be released officially until AUXPOW starts at block 825000

I can not import privkey from CROC coin

error: {"code":-5,"message":"Invalid private key encoding"}

any idea?  to configure merged mining I should make priv key shared between 2 coins

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: