Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you fear the president of your country, one day, making Crypto illegal ?  (Read 4064 times)
pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 10:14:42 PM

Presidencies cant work on whims and fancies! As for making crypto illegal, though a looming prospect, with regulatory authorities in a dilemma, i think crypto is a future most governments are going to adopt, and rest follow.

Yes, in most countries the president has practically no power. He can only approve or disapprove or proppose new bills. They all have to go through the parliament regardless of the president's call.

If crypto became banned in my country it would be against the current laws where it is recognized and taxed. It wouldn't be that easy to chenge everything and make it illegal all of a sudden.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 08:49:31 AM

No worry at all. If cryptocurrency become an illegal thing in my country, the worst possibility is : i cannot use my local crypto exchange anymore. If this happen, i still can use other cryptocurrency exchanges globally and just using cryptocurrency without the knowledge of the government. Crypto is decentralized, no one can stop it, you can using it any time at any place even if the government forbid you.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
perfect999

Activity: 1610
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 07:43:26 PM

What if, for example - like after that twitter hack - the President wakes up (in a bad mood) and decides with an executive order to make all crypto illegal in the USA?

Of course this probably will never happen in today's world, as the there is big money is invested into crypto currencies; but do you ever think that it is even remotely possible...

Or the next elected president is so "old school" and decides that crypto needs to go?

I don't mean only America, what about in your country; do think that a future ban on crypto currencies is ever possible in your country?
I was about to say that the government cannot stop cryptocurrency, then I remembered that there are lots of ways that they can trace people, so it’s probably possible that they can stop people from making use of cryptocurrency, but that’s the last thing I will ever want to happen.

Cryptocurrency has been useful for me and my friends, it has really helped us in lots of ways , and especially in the area of transaction, it’s really helpful and I don’t want the government to stop the use of it. Although when it comes to my country, I don’t think the government will be doing that.
Tomohisa

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 08:08:10 PM

Yes, your thinking is totally possible especially for some countries I know with the 'old school' type president. My country has the same 'old school' government official so I bet they did has some thought about whether should ban crypto or not. If it happens in my country, I think it will okay since I can move to the neighborhood country and work from there.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 11:16:57 PM

This is impossible because honestly, nothing has done wrong in crypto in our world, In fact, this new transaction has been given another hope to us mostly if  you are a disabled person while staying, somehow you can move with your money by investing.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 02:19:57 AM

.....but do you ever think that it is even remotely possible.....

All possibilities can happen, but the decision of a president is absolute. If it is true that he banned bitcoin, then we must comply.

I don't mean only America, what about in your country; do think that a future ban on crypto currencies is ever possible in your country?

I don't think my president would do something like that, because there are still many problems in the country that need to be resolved, one of which is corruption. Banning bitcoin will not do any good for my country or society.

slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 03:48:11 AM

I am not too worried because I am sure that my president will not do that because of his personal anger. He will think about his people, and he will not make a rash decision without discussing it with his ministry/government. Even if he makes that decision, I am sure that will not makes people who use crypto will have a problem because we have the other way to get the money into the bank account. I hope that my government, especially my president, will think twice before deciding something related to cryptocurrency.

it seems you are very confident in your president, and feel that crypto will not be banned in your country.
here it is also still allowed but not used for selling transactions that are usually used with fiat money, but every citizen is not prohibited from holding or owning cryptocurrency.
I am sure that if the discourse is good in the future, crypto will be completely legalized here.
daglordjames

Activity: 550
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 04:40:54 AM

they can only ban cryptocurrency payment but they cant stop our works here and that's the only thing they can do.
Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 07:04:37 AM

I don't believe that anyone has the power to erase crypto off the face of the planet, it's absolutely impossible, Bitcoin have been in this war since 2009 and it survives against all odds till date, governments are powerless against crypto

Chukwunonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 07:08:40 AM

I'm actually not scared of the president of my country making cryptocurrency illegal. There are many more pressing issues that the president should focus attention to and not making cryptocurrency which has never been made legal previously to become illegal. If that happens, I guess I'll have to find away to either keep my cryptocurrency hassle hidden or sell out and leave the space.
foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 07:24:38 AM

That's one of the major fear in my country and, that's the main reason people are hesitant of investing in crypto in my country. Whenever I tell my friends/colleagues that I do crypto trading the first thing they want to talk about is government uncertainties.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Nyewbot

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

https://www.devilsdragon.com/

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 11:50:38 AM

I think it's unlikely that crypto will become illegal in my country. This is because there was once a statement from one of the financial officials about to legalize crypto. I think there is no need to worry about crypto, because if the government can take advantage of crypto it will certainly help in the economy

█████████       devilsdragon.com       █████████
────    Adult Entertainment's Future is on Blockchain    ────
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 12:44:16 PM

I'm not afraid of it because currently in my country crypto is illegal but until now I was able to make money from the crypto world, what we need to be afraid of now is that crypto is down and enthusiasts have started a little, don't let it happen
That means there are no local exchanges which will make things hard for you to convert your crypto to fiat and how much extra amount you are spending to overcome those, i know these are not cheap as there will be conversion charges and other charges will converting. Even with all these restrictions there are options but i am not having any issues as i am expecting regulations rather than making it illegal.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 03:58:39 PM

We don't know what might gonna happen in the future but I’m not worried in case crypto will be ban in my country. In case if this would happen there’s a discussion to tackle about cruptocurrency. Actually the government will not make a quick decisions that will suffer the people he will gather the bright side of this crypto brought to the users. In regards to this let's still always be ready to face the consequences might happen in crypto industry.
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 05:51:02 PM

Yes, it could be possible but not on the global or worldwide but limited to one country. For example, I can see some countries with high number of crime rates with the drug, human trafficking, homicide,... Could try to ban crypto because they only see it as a payment for criminals. Since my country doesn't have a high crime rate like that so I don't it will be possible for my country.
mr.smith

Activity: 119
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 06:03:46 PM

This is every holder's fear they want to transact freely and they want to hodl without the government questioning them if their president will ban it there's a big possibility that they will go underground or will have to travel where Crypto is openly trading.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php
btcgolong (OP)

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 06:44:22 PM

I fear sweeping change - what if there is a drastic shift in government, new senators and congressmen - and they see "public" decentralized crypto as a threat; because the bank lobbyists paid them off and they now want to promote their own big corp version...

We know it has happened in some countries, but is your country safe?

helloinox

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 10:24:42 AM

I don't think it could be remotely possible even if an "old school" president wants to do it. Mainly because most countries already consider cryptocurrencies are not a real currency like fiat and they don't see any reason why they should ban it. "If you want to use it or hold then okay, else we really don't care even when there are problems from it" that kind of attitude. My country has this attitude so I'm not worried at all.
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 10:54:04 AM

This is every holder's fear they want to transact freely and they want to hodl without the government questioning them if their president will ban it there's a big possibility that they will go underground or will have to travel where Crypto is openly trading.
Its really bad for crypto enthusiasts if we cant use and trade crypto freely but if ever it happen we have no choice but to comply.

There are other countries already ban crypto so it is not impossible to happen.

Good thing crypto is not prohibited here though the government also warn the citizen to careful when investing on crypto due to scam.

Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 01:15:09 PM

Yes there will be some political resistance to not just crypto but also to digital currency backed by the government at first but I don't see any country banning crypto permanently . They might ban temporarily for the regulations to be in place at max.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: