Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:53:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinSpinner  (Read 45010 times)
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 10:00:25 AM

Could it be an issue with screen resolution? My phone has a relatively low resolution (320x480), maybe there is no room for the button?
Whatever the reason, I have the same as dunand. No copy button. App is up to date.
It may be caused by the resolution, but I doubt that as there seems to be room enough to render it. One of the problems with Android apps is that there are so many different versions and mods that it makes it hard to verify on all combinations. This is something I'll have to investigate.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 10:03:47 AM

May I suggest you make a menu for that screen (menu button and/or long press on the QR) that allows to save the image, send the image (bluetooth) etc?

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 10:17:23 AM

May I suggest you make a menu for that screen (menu button and/or long press on the QR) that allows to save the image, send the image (bluetooth) etc?
The solution might be to change this to a real activity instead of just a dialog, and add more options as you suggest. The problem with writing it to an SD card is that this would require the app to have more privileges, and I kind of like that it right now only needs Network access. This allows the user to have more trust that the app does not mess around with stuff it shouldn't, and prevents the user from by mistake leaving the image on the SD card for other apps to snag. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to think about this.

P4man

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 10:38:15 AM

A "send to" dialogue wouldnt require any extra privileges I think. 

Also, a question; is there a way to share wallets between bitspinner and the regular bitcoin client?

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 10:59:43 AM

A "send to" dialogue wouldnt require any extra privileges I think. 
Right. This is used with the Bitcoin address on the main page already. This allows you to easily share the textual representation of your Bitcoin address by clicking it and chose for instance send email. However, I don't think I can share a bitmap this way.

Also, a question; is there a way to share wallets between bitspinner and the regular bitcoin client?

Yes. you can export your base-58 encoded private key (Option button, Settings -> Advanced -> Export private key) and import it using pywallet or the satoshi client with the import private key patch. This way you have the same private key in BitcoinSpinner and in your satoshi wallet. (There is no way to do an import the other way around.)

P4man

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:40:35 AM

Sorry to say, but still no copy to clipboard button on my phone.

edit: wrong thread, but point still stands Smiley

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:47:43 AM

Hi, today I tried to use BitcoinSpinner. I have 0.9957 BTC on my wallet (confirmed), but I'm unable to spend any money from the wallet, because "Send Bitcoins" button is disabled even when I put 0.1 or 0.01 as "Amount to pay". Any idea?
The "cannot send less than 1 BTC" bug has been fixed is the latest update which also has a bunch of new features. More info in the Alternative Clients section.

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 05:57:04 PM

Jan, thank you for fixing the subBTC bug, it works for me now.

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 02:16:57 AM

Thanks Jan.  I gave about 50 demonstrations of sending bitcoins at CES and I used your app the majority of the time.  It's very simple and very fast. 

it is also included in the deposit card video demo.  I gave this same demo in person to people all last week at CES.  it is pretty cool when the phone goes "cha-ching" with the text message alert a few seconds after I send the money from your client. Thanks for fixing the 1 BTC minimum.  I had to keep reloading my wallet at the show so I wouldn't run out of money during the demos!

http://youtu.be/3UmynaPg8hw

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 04:29:01 AM

Thanks Jan.  I gave about 50 demonstrations of sending bitcoins at CES and I used your app the majority of the time.  It's very simple and very fast. 

it is also included in the deposit card video demo.  I gave this same demo in person to people all last week at CES.  it is pretty cool when the phone goes "cha-ching" with the text message alert a few seconds after I send the money from your client. Thanks for fixing the 1 BTC minimum.  I had to keep reloading my wallet at the show so I wouldn't run out of money during the demos!

whats this about a "ka ching"?  i just received 1 btc and didn't hear anything.  is it only for sending?
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 04:33:10 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2012, 04:45:12 AM by Bit-pay Merchant Solutions

Thanks Jan.  I gave about 50 demonstrations of sending bitcoins at CES and I used your app the majority of the time.  It's very simple and very fast.  

it is also included in the deposit card video demo.  I gave this same demo in person to people all last week at CES.  it is pretty cool when the phone goes "cha-ching" with the text message alert a few seconds after I send the money from your client. Thanks for fixing the 1 BTC minimum.  I had to keep reloading my wallet at the show so I wouldn't run out of money during the demos!

whats this about a "ka ching"?  i just received 1 btc and didn't hear anything.  is it only for sending?

it's a bit-pay thing, not the Spinner.  At least how I have it setup.  Whenever you receive a payment to your Bit-Pay deposit card, an SMS is sent to your phone.  I happen to have the sending number stored in my iPhone with a "cha-ching" alert tone for incoming messages.  BitcoinSpinner was just sending the transaction.  Watch the video, you'll see Smiley

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 12:07:14 AM

Hi, today I tried to use BitcoinSpinner. I have 0.9957 BTC on my wallet (confirmed), but I'm unable to spend any money from the wallet, because "Send Bitcoins" button is disabled even when I put 0.1 or 0.01 as "Amount to pay". Any idea?
The "cannot send less than 1 BTC" bug has been fixed is the latest update which also has a bunch of new features. More info in the Alternative Clients section.

After updating to the latest version, when I start spinner it just sits there with a black screen and a bar that says BitcoinSpinner at the top. It will stay like this as long as I let it. When I hit the back arrow (HTC Evo) it will finally show the app.

yeah, it did the same to me for several openings but now is working properly  Huh
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 04:15:38 AM

After updating to the latest version, when I start spinner it just sits there with a black screen and a bar that says BitcoinSpinner at the top. It will stay like this as long as I let it. When I hit the back arrow (HTC Evo) it will finally show the app.

yeah, it did the same to me for several openings but now is working properly  Huh

What voodoo did you perform that made it work?! In other words, I'm still having the problem. It's not a big deal but slightly annoying. I wonder if I should mention it in the other spinner thread?

haha.  just tried it again; black screen for 5 sec then flipped to home screen.

it did seem to get better after i sent 1 BTC to it the other day. Tongue
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 04:36:36 AM

There is a known initialization issue which kicks in when leaving the app running in the background on low end devices. I am traveling this week, but have a fix which i will submit once properly tested. Sorry for the inconvenience.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 05:07:24 AM

BitcoinSpinner is the current leader in smartphone apps. I will recommend this app to my tech literate associates.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 08:09:11 AM

There is a known initialization issue which kicks in when leaving the app running in the background on low end devices. I am traveling this week, but have a fix which i will submit once properly tested. Sorry for the inconvenience.
This has now been fixed in the latest update (0.4.5b), confirmed both by Holliday and cypherdoc (thanks). More info in the Alternative clients thread on BitcoinSpinner.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 03:48:44 PM

This is an awesome demo! Thanks for sharing, and for demoing BitcoinSpinner at CES.

fimp

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 07:01:23 AM

BitcoinSpinner is great, good work!

I think one really simple change would make the app look much better and more professional though. Change that orange color to black. =)

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 10:19:11 AM

BitcoinSpinner is great, good work!

I think one really simple change would make the app look much better and more professional though. Change that orange color to black. =)
I hear you  Smiley
I am not really good at graphics design or choosing colors. So please help me out by:
Taking the screenshots here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.miracleas.bitcoin_spinner
Open them in your favorite bitmap editor, change the colors to your liking, and post them in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53353.0
Then I'll apply it to the code if folks generally like it.

simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 10:42:56 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2012, 05:08:15 AM by simonk83

This just happened on my Galaxy S2, so it's not limited to low end devices Wink  That said, I am running a modded ROM for ICS, so that's probably not helping Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: