Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple the next bitcoin?  (Read 31107 times)
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 07:55:28 PM

Next bitcoin, how?

Centralized, owned by a bank, unlimited supply, all control by a company, still has some chance dump by them, mine their own token only for their self. Off course, that's not gonna happen and can't be compared with bitcoin.
I myself could not believe my eyes when I saw this title of this thread. Only a person who does not understand and does not want to understand the causes and consequences of the emergence of these or other cryptocurrencies could have asked such a question in the head. But as usual, such a person believes that you can just write and that's it ... in short, this is a typical Dunning - Kruger effect

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Miaallen

Activity: 573
Merit: 30

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 08:25:18 PM

I see that as just suite saying. Ripple was once $3.84. Tobe precise at the time of 2017 BULL run. Ripple is actually a great project and a blockchain payment method which is currently among the cheapest. That doesn't mean it can meet or beat bitcoin in the next 2 decades.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 08:40:35 PM

Ripple is a good cryptocurrency and they have made lots of achievement so far.
What did they achieve? All I can see is them going down from their ATH of 3 USD to 0.3 USD on this day. And believers were thinking it could trade for 1 USD and sustain it. Smiley

Also they're changing CEOs and board members and promising big partnerships and that's it. They basically did nothing for the last 3 years and the price reflects that.

oscarftw

Activity: 573
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 11:58:11 PM

Ripple is a good cryptocurrency and they have made lots of achievement so far.
What did they achieve? All I can see is them going down from their ATH of 3 USD to 0.3 USD on this day. And believers were thinking it could trade for 1 USD and sustain it. Smiley

Also they're changing CEOs and board members and promising big partnerships and that's it. They basically did nothing for the last 3 years and the price reflects that.
Nice! We're very disappointed with Ripple's performance in the 3 years. 1-2 years ago Ripple crossed the Ethereum marketcap that time new users were compared to Ethereum. The top altcoins position keeps changing day after day, ripple won't last long in 4th place.
Ripple can't be replaced by Bitcoin. Bitcoin is always the best for digital currency, privacy, transaction and mining. I won't compare Bitcoin with ripple in any use cases.
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 05:35:45 AM

Of course Yes!
As soon as the creators stop selling their tokens on the market and  when they really will make Ripple truly decentralized. In the meantime, it's more like a very subtle game of deceiving people to earn money on them.
Ripple is not much more trustworthy than other alts. Can slightly more of course same but not more moreover.
at this time maybe TRX will be the choice for day traders to make transactions. can also use BNB or other altcoins because ETH itself is in trouble regarding their network.
as you say, these assets are not completely trustworthy to hold for long. lots of stupid stuff that's hard to believe in their developers. we can use TRX only as needed.

It is quite possible - but again, since we are already talking about Ripple, I do not understand where such questions can come from. Yes, and about any other token from where such questions can be.
In the ordinary world, under the "new gold" (analogous to "new btc"), only oil was pressed - but there were huge reasons for this. So what? Yes, oil is cool, but it never became" gold " (if you understand what I mean).
When will people realize that there will be no" new BTC " because everyone will always miss the BTC that is? That's the question.
warg2017

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 07:59:57 AM

First of all, I don't deny the possibility that ripple take over bitcoin, due to i believe nothing is impossible,but to be honestly,it is very very hard,just a teeny tiny possibility that ripple take over bitcoin.Base on ripple is centralization and infinite quantity,so my opinion is ripple can't take over bitcoin,other tokens are also can't take over bitcoin in crypto world too.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  
soulripper

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 08:12:44 AM

Ripple has nothing compared to bitcoin. Ripple is a centralized coin that own by a bank. the total amount of ripple is infinite. The price of ripple can drop by the bank if they wanted to so it was a very high risk to support ripple as it can be collapse any time by the owner.
ptrkshv

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 08:29:02 AM

It will become serious alternative to BTC but not exactly like BTC. Nothing will replace BTC not even ETH IMO.
Yesterday I watched an interesting presentation from Andreas on this topic. Here's the Youtube video.
go1lo2va3

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 08:48:56 AM

As we all have seen ripple has been quite strong these past few days and with all that it has done over the past months compared to most other currencies and the launch of xrapid is actually starting to show in its price.
There is so much talk about ripple taking over bitcoin and being 10$ what are your thoughts on this?
Its been 2 years since xrp hit $0,5 last time and you're talking about it being bullish?
It is literally the same as it was back in the days before 2017 crypto boom and even then it didn't hit $5.
Why on earth it would hit $10 right now all of a sudden?
Bizarre.
If you're looking after big profits - go dig deep into uniswap or some alt market
Btra
Copper Member

Activity: 238

MYID

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 08:57:01 AM

Never be in the confusion that any other coin whether it be the Ripple or any other will surpass the Bitcoin in the future. If the supply of Bitcoin will reach the peak then also the price of the Bitcoin go higher and higher because of the heavy demand. If you are expecting that XRP will go numero one by surpassing the Bitcoin then it's market cap should be more than $250Bn which looks very unrealistic in the near stage.

btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 09:23:35 AM

Ripple has nothing compared to bitcoin. Ripple is a centralized coin that own by a bank. the total amount of ripple is infinite. The price of ripple can drop by the bank if they wanted to so it was a very high risk to support ripple as it can be collapse any time by the owner.
Not only XRP, other coins and even BTC also have the potential for their price to fall deeper if investors or holders sell their coins on a large scale,
because crypto price depends on market demand,
I believe XRP has a possibility, it's just that XRP has to beat ETH market cap first, but if XRP can't beat ETH market cap, then it's very unlikely that XRP will beat BTC market cap.
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 11:27:12 AM

Not only XRP, other coins and even BTC also have the potential for their price to fall deeper if investors or holders sell their coins on a large scale,
because crypto price depends on market demand,
I believe XRP has a possibility, it's just that XRP has to beat ETH market cap first, but if XRP can't beat ETH market cap, then it's very unlikely that XRP will beat BTC market cap.
it all depends on how the market demand will respond. when assets are in high demand of course it can pump up their prices even for assets we don't know about. not only ripple, but we can also see it for all altcoins. but bitcoin will still be the best in the market when bitcoin still holds market control.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 12:30:56 PM

It will become serious alternative to BTC but not exactly like BTC. Nothing will replace BTC not even ETH IMO.

Ripple is far away from the price or its adoption the way we have seen for ETH and Bitcoin. Current price is 0.23$ around and even if it reaches 1$ in coming year will be a big thing. So looking at it  does seems anywhere it can be near ETH as well.
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 01:21:10 PM

Ripple taking over Bitcoin? I can't trust the fact that this will happen. BTC is the base of crypto, each time the altcoins grow that thing will be followed by an increase in Bitcoin price. I believe that it is impossible for any coin to surpass BTC because each altcoin is paired with Bitcoin in the exchangers and each increase in altcoin's marketcap will be the origin of an increase in BTC's marketcap too.
didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 01:54:41 PM

As we all have seen ripple has been quite strong these past few days and with all that it has done over the past months compared to most other currencies and the launch of xrapid is actually starting to show in its price.
There is so much talk about ripple taking over bitcoin and being 10$ what are your thoughts on this?

wow 10$ thats really unbelieveable price buddy
personally i can't believe ripple will touch 10$ in the future,
and for sure i believe ripple will never taking over bitcoin

giammangiato
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 02:14:07 PM

It' s difficult that ripple could be the next bitcoin, bitcoin technology is old but efficient. But my question is, do we need something different from bitcoin? Is it enough for us? Ripple is also a good and stable project but not as strong as bitcoin!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2020, 04:14:32 PM

It' s difficult that ripple could be the next bitcoin, bitcoin technology is old but efficient. But my question is, do we need something different from bitcoin? Is it enough for us? Ripple is also a good and stable project but not as strong as bitcoin!
I think it is not only in terms of technology that XRP has but from the influence of the very large supply it will not be possible for that purpose because some of the coins that have beaten bitcoin are coins that have a very limited supply even though many of the projects have not used them but the price can be expensive and can beat bitcoin as happened to YFI.

Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 04:25:50 PM

Ripple is a good satable coin but i think it's very far if we compare it to bitcoin. Also those coins that want to replace bitcoin should have more than what bitcoins quality and characteristics as digital currency and also with limited supply. Bitcoin is enough for us but we want also other coins to grow in crypto market of course like this xrp.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Romano5523

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 07:32:41 PM

I hope so that XRP reach 10$, because I invested in it, right now I am still in red (minus) but for the long term if it climbs slowly some day might happen. But at XRP its a problem because ripple CEO has most of the shares. So people don't believe in it.
mung_nasib

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 10:40:21 AM

I think it's still a long way off when XRP is aligned with Bitcoin because the majority of traders still rely on the existence of bitcoin as a popular place to invest in the future and with an openness to profit from there it is still difficult for XRP to catch up with the price that bitcoin already has now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: