Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:00:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was 2017 the "Golden Year of Crypto"?  (Read 35777 times)
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 09:19:54 AM

I guess most of you missed the 2011 run to $33 when people were mining a block (50BTC) a day. Of course 4 months later BTC dropped to $2 and proudhon was prancing around screaming Bitcoin is a bubble.

$33-->$2.

All of a sudden $20k to $3k doesn't seem so bad. We're only 1/2 down, still better than the $1200 run which sat $160 to $450 for 2.5 years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 10:54:45 AM

As of now i would say yes. 2017 was crazy, back then i was part of a signature campaign and the coins i earned there were worth mor tan 100k $ at the height of the bullrun.
Of course i didn't sell and now they are worth less than 2k  Roll Eyes.
But who knows it's quite possible that we will experience a similar bullrun than in 2017 in the future. All the regulations that happen in the crypto space will help to make it more attractive to new users.
Viscore

Activity: 3024
Merit: 647

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 11:03:39 AM

Do you think that 2017 was the "Golden Year of Crypto"? Or is the best is yet to come? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Smiley
I witness the last 2017 Bullrun, truly amazing and a great year ever for crypto. I know there's a lot of surprises to come in the coming years but I'd never think that it can be greater than that year. People are now careful, hypes are somehow ignored.
2017 market history is the last and only strong bullish that might happen in crypto IMO. And I don't expect for another $20k had to come even we are in huge market adoption.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2020, 12:13:09 PM

What happened in 2017 was once in a blue moon event. I don't think that it will repeat ever gain. Bitcoin went from $900 per coin to $20,000. Many of the altcoins went up by 100x and even 1000x. This created a lot many billionaires and millionaires out of thin air. The media coverage was mostly positive and as a result a lot of people invested in cryptocurrencies. Unfortunately, some of them made their investment in shitcoins and lost all of their capital.
arbifahrozy

Activity: 896
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 12:52:35 PM

Everyone that experience 2017bullrun agree that year is a golden time for cryptocurrency. I still remember bitcoin is on tv news because it reach highest price at the time. I hopes that bullrun happen again but im not really sure.

claire_lovely

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2020, 02:44:15 PM

2017 is just part of a long series of developments. Usage continues to grow every day and I only expect to see more adoption year on year.

KYC Free betting on Stake. (https://stake.com/?c=447e669764)
Discord: Claire Lovely#4135 | Always buying BTC
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 03:18:09 PM

Everyone that experience 2017bullrun agree that year is a golden time for cryptocurrency. I still remember bitcoin is on tv news because it reach highest price at the time. I hopes that bullrun happen again but im not really sure.
don't worry, I am sure the bullrun will happen again,
look at some Altcoins that have reached their highest peak or are called all time highs, such as LINK, BNB, and several other Defi coins,
of course this makes us even more believe that altcoins that have good fundamentals will reach a point the highest peak again

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 08:29:42 PM

What happened in 2017 was once in a blue moon event. I don't think that it will repeat ever gain. Bitcoin went from $900 per coin to $20,000. Many of the altcoins went up by 100x and even 1000x. This created a lot many billionaires and millionaires out of thin air. The media coverage was mostly positive and as a result a lot of people invested in cryptocurrencies. Unfortunately, some of them made their investment in shitcoins and lost all of their capital.

The massive increase in crypto prices witnessed during the year of 2017, could be a once in a lifetime event. With the introduction of ETFs, and futures contracts, it'll be hard for Bitcoin to reach higher prices within such a short amount of time. The crypto market is much more regulated than it was before, reducing the chances of manipulation by both whales and insiders (mainly exchanges). Some say that crypto's boom in 2017, was a result of Tether pumping millions of dollars into various crypto assets across the market. The ICO boom also contributed towards increased demand for crypto at a fast pace. Now that the market is saturated, the chances of 2017's events repeating themselves are very slim. I hope I'm wrong, and crypto sees greater years ahead as a result of increased adoption in the mainstream world.

Considering that 2017's events came after Bitcoin's halving in 2016, there's a slight possibility the whole market will be very bullish by 2021. Of course, this is speculation since crypto is hard to predict. Prices can either go all the way to the moon or down the drain in an instant. Theoretically speaking, Bitcoin's prices should a be lot higher than what they are right now because of the way the cryptocurrency was designed (deflation). After all, every halving had a positive effect over Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies' prices over time. So there's enough reason to believe that 2017 was not the "Golden Year of Crypto" since the best is yet to come. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 08:59:11 PM

it was epic but you can see it was all coordinated, all the btc whale bots just went berzerk across all exchanges to make alts fly, esp with btc on the rise.  amazing to see such returns after a shithole of coins for years before.  buuuut as usual all dumped.....rightly so.  sadly maybe more than they should have (for some coins that is).  granted many shitcoins showed their true colours ones many users/devs got rich and could exit back then.  the 'fuck everyone else' mentality really is shit here.  sucks this bear market lasted so long and in some cases, it still is.  but i think we're on the upturn now since awhile.  the 'big time' money and pumps will still come...just take longer.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2020, 09:05:43 PM

I think truly 2017 was a golden year. Even though in the future if you will see BTC at 25K, there will not be any surprise. Compared to a few years before 2017 and the year 2017 itself, it was a new era of cryptocurrencies. Kind of evolution. But today, either people have lost hope of overconfident about tomorrow's cryptocurrencies market.

elvismicc

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 02:12:59 AM

2017 was almost like my first year in crypto, I join a trend call lending coin of course I made some good profit but I was so greedy so at the end I ended up losing everything and ever since then I stop investing in crypto until recently a friend introduced me to Bluzelle staking and I decided to try it out, but the truth is that 2017 was golden because uptil date "$20k remains btc ATH so 2017 was really especial we are still waiting to witness a new ATH and until 2017 the best year for crypto.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 08:33:01 PM

From today's perspective 2017 definitely seems like an almost unreachable time of a vast crypto prosperity, but who knows, maybe in 2030 2017 will only be a small blimp on the crypto timeline when it comes to the growth of the market and the 2017 bull may looks quite underwhelming in comparison with what happened in the 20-30 time frame.
The way I look at this is that we cannot go in the past and only what we can control is the future and there is absolutely no reason to think that bitcoin will drop in the future because the way bitcoins are designed the amount of coins are getting lower and lower as there are coins being lost, burned, etc so the demand will increase and as the coins become lesser and lesser the value has to go up only.

The miners fees is also getting halved after every halving and that means the cost of the bitcoins has to increase after each halving so I mean yes 2017 was great but if we want to succeed we need to plan tomorrow because crying about past will only bring sad memories. Think positive, act positive and reflect positive.
cute nmp

Activity: 1652
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 09:05:18 PM

It was definitely the best year of crytocurrency to me I got so much in 2017-2018 from bounties.A few bounties at that time can easily pay hundreds of dollars to bounty hunters especially if someone put on a signature campaigns unlike now where we only get very little for bounties.The only regret I have is that I did not invest in any projects at that time.

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀          SUGARS.ZONE     ❤[nbs
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 02:16:13 AM

Q4 of 2017 and Q1 of 2018 is the most golden period for everyone related to cryptos even bounty hunters made thousands to millions by doing simple tasks even when they have not much knowledge related to cryptos.

I agree with your statement, sir. It was those dates that crypto pumped hard, however the higher it pumped the steeper the dump that happened then. I still can remember when I am just a bounty hunter back then that I earned a lot from it and able to support myself from my studies and now a professional. I hope it will pump again soon.

rahmat86

Activity: 1148
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 03:29:21 AM

It can be said that 2017 is the Golden Year of Crypto, the price of bitcoin continues to rise, making everyone unexpected, including myself. in the next year I think there will also be surprises that will occur so we will wait
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 04:48:29 AM

So far, absolutely 2017 was the year when millionaires were made in crypto. And, IMO 2017 was the year that saw a tremendous increase in the crypto userbase because BTC was surging really hard at that time.

BOUNTY DETECTIVE