Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:45:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Escrowed very important for bounty?  (Read 51341 times)
b1boy

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 06:29:57 AM

Im sure everyone is agreeing with you on this and i know its a good idea but im pretty sure most of this project wont agree to it... most of them look for stupid reasons to back out of payments especially does really successful projects then they start adding unnecessary additional rules just to rip hunters out of there rewards thinking the money they would make would be too much.... SERO is an example of such project , that project did all hunters dirty and only paid us like 3-5% of our initial rewards because they know we couldn’t do anything about it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2020, 08:40:38 AM

Does sound like an impasse already that there will be no negotiations anymore between parties. This is supposed to be a mutual relationship between the team and the bounty hunters who tirelessly promote their project which contributes to the success of the team. If there is nothing that will guarantee the bounty hunters to get paid, why should they be participating?

Escrow doesn't even guarantee at all because in any time the team can change the contract address of the token.
In some escrow service, it will be given into that someone trusted who escrowed the project with signeds message so negotiations by the manager and team is not possible once done in the campaign, most of the projects who have escrowed should have a final details of when, upto how much post or reward max to receive, that sometimes the reason  owner of projects didn't want it escrowed as there is possibility that they will make the campaign long. While escrow is for the benefit of participants so it should be implemented. But bounty managers might not able to find investors who will accept the idea.

If the team has the intention to ignore the bounty hunters, they will just replace the contract address with a new one and the tokens escrowed are going to be worthless. So much for the escrowed tokens. There had been many cases where the team updates the contract address.

The teams who didn't pay bounty hunters surely has the intention to do that. They could just be delaying so they can dump what they have before paying the hunters. They could be paying but there is the question of good faith already.

kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 08:47:22 AM

The problem is that you, if you are determined to be working to check the bounty on that project, i think you must somehow know how to check the credibility of that project.

It is still important that you need time to reexamine the projects you've worked on, are they really valuable, or are you just working on meaningless projects. We should not blame the margin issue on the bounty or not, as i don't think it matters in the process of accompanying the project.
JeotQ

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 09:00:27 AM

Sorry to say but Escrow is not important, it's bounty managers duty to make sure that we all get paid, here is what a bounty manager needs to manage a clean campaign

1. Limiting participants
2. Implement proof of Authentication for all participants
3. For his/her reputation sake BM should pick very promising projects only

pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 09:30:20 AM

I really support the existence of escrow for bounties, but in fact they don't care about bounty hunters, there are many bounties at this time, I don't find a bounty using escrow. in fact, bounty hunters must be really careful with what they do, must be good at choosing a bounty project that really pays, but it is really difficult to find it.The last bounty I paid was MoneyToken
Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 10:55:16 AM

Escrow is important but not a must, some project has bad teams that only want to take advantage of bounty hunters, this is why escrow is very important, although we can't force the team and it's bounty managers that are suppose to make this a must for the project teams

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 11:05:00 AM

If from the very beginning of bounty companies, bounty managers already have tokens on their cryptocurrency wallets, then this will attract more bounty hunters, because bounty hunters are most involved in bounty companies where bounty managers already have tokens, so I am sure that all bounty haunters want so that all bounty would be escrowed.
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 11:17:01 AM

If from the very beginning of bounty companies, bounty managers already have tokens on their cryptocurrency wallets, then this will attract more bounty hunters, because bounty hunters are most involved in bounty companies where bounty managers already have tokens, so I am sure that all bounty haunters want so that all bounty would be escrowed.
Not necessarily it will attract because bounty hunters are looking more on the value of the project than the security.

What would they expect if the project will fail, how would thy dispose that bounty tokens they receive in their wallet?
Yes, to put the bounty reward into escrow would help but it's not really the one that gives a value to the project or bounty.

Reputation matters a lot. I'll give you an example, Binance running their campaign to be paid in BNB, not escrow, the other one is new, with escrow.
Which one you'll choose and why?
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2020, 12:13:27 PM

Keeping the coins in escrow is important, as I know 2-3 cases where the bounty campaign manager ran away with all the tokens leaving the campaign participants high and dry. But it is not as important as the success of the project. If the project fails to achieve the soft-cap level, then there is no point in distributing the tokens. Because they will be worthless.
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 01:34:05 PM

I was a Bounty Hunter before and I know exactly how this is important for the participants and so as for the manager to preserved his credibility or else he will also take some damage of reputation if he promotes some successful bounties that aren't paying to their participants. As I myself can testify about some projects that aren't paying their bounty participants after they successfully promote their project. I don't know what these people thinking by cheating those who helped them achieved their goals with their project. No one can deny these things because they are happening every year. You cannot do anything except to watch the token's price while waiting for a miracle to get your rewards from those scammers.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 01:40:21 PM

I don't bother myself much with bounties that are Escrowed or not, I just make sure that the bounty manager is a very active one, getting paid or not is on the bounty manager, we don't have to say anything with the project team, bounty manager is the one to face that and make sure we all get paid.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 04:21:51 PM

Escrow my foot, many projects from 2019 don't use escrow and they've paid large amount of rewards to bounty hunters, I'm not interested in escrow, I'm more into bounty campaigns with limited participants and good BM managing the project.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cadaver20

Activity: 1442
Merit: 264

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2020, 04:31:50 PM

You have pointed out a very important matter. Bounty managers should escrow the bounty reward as Bounty Detective does in some campaigns. After promoting a project for a long time, the team members begins drama when it ends. If the fund is escrow, no one will have to watch this drama anymore.
copoyes

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2020, 04:33:50 PM

yes, if there is escrow a little tired of distribution because of using a third party as a representative for reward distribution
because now personally there are so many bounties that don't pay when it's finished, there are lots of reasons for the project not to distribute the token bounty, and maybe if there is an escrow it can reduce the uncertainty when the bounty tokens are distributed, because it's certain if there is a new token project and using an escrow service is likely not a scam bounty because the project has already spent money on escrow
provided that you use a trusted escrow service
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 04:54:50 PM

You have pointed out a very important matter. Bounty managers should escrow the bounty reward as Bounty Detective does in some campaigns. After promoting a project for a long time, the team members begins drama when it ends. If the fund is escrow, no one will have to watch this drama anymore.
Lol bounty detective escrowed many scam projects and bounty hunters end with nothing after several months of working hard, is escrow the answer to bounty payments problem? I don't think so, the answer is a qualified and reliable bounty manager
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 04:56:52 PM

I can made mention of ten different bounties that paid bounty hunters this year without escrowing the rewards, as if escrow have been changing every bounty problems, ARCS from bounty detective was the only escrowed bounty that make sense, it's not about escrow, let's stop fooling ourselves, it's all about ..

1. Reputable bounty managers
2. High quality bounty projects
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1150

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 05:11:52 PM

I think this suggestion is all too often cited as an attempt to secure campaign fund for bounty hunter. But in fact there are still quite a lot of manager who haven't implemented it because in my opinion they don't have enough fund to guarantee payment via escrow.

1. The manager does not guarantee that the bounty will be successful and that the payment will be made according to the procedure. There are several manager who want to be responsible for paying bounty participant and the rest only manage bounty and receive payment. A quality manager is highly recommended as it will be easy to identify good potential project.
2. It is the responsibility of all bounty participant, taking some time to analyze project detail is the recommended way when joining the bounty. Joining blindly would be a waste of time without getting paid accordingly.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 05:29:52 PM

I think this suggestion is all too often cited as an attempt to secure campaign fund for bounty hunter. But in fact there are still quite a lot of manager who haven't implemented it because in my opinion they don't have enough fund to guarantee payment via escrow.

1. The manager does not guarantee that the bounty will be successful and that the payment will be made according to the procedure. There are several manager who want to be responsible for paying bounty participant and the rest only manage bounty and receive payment. A quality manager is highly recommended as it will be easy to identify good potential project.
2. It is the responsibility of all bounty participant, taking some time to analyze project detail is the recommended way when joining the bounty. Joining blindly would be a waste of time without getting paid accordingly.

Comment on red:
- Keep in mind that many projects don't want or can't give escrowed funds/tokens. Either they don't trust the escrow, because lets face it, when a project comes from non crypto space, they hardlly know anyone and can judge who's legit or not, or they're waiting for TGE

Comment on green:
- This sadly almost never happens. Last bounty i ran (ASM) is listed on coinone exchange. And after 8 weeks, i get people telling me "please tell coinone or team to enable people from bangladesh to sell on coinone". I mean FFS, 1st thing you do is check if you can register on the exchange, and then spend 6 weeks working on the bounty.
marissa23

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 05:33:08 PM

Escrowed is only a bounty payment guarantee service but does not guarantee that you will receive payment according to ICO/IEO prices even you only receive dust tokens, take a look at this bounty thread [ENDED] DAXICO CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE | __________BOUNTY POOL w/Escrow _______ 

Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 05:33:38 PM

Almost all projects are cheating and refusing to give tokens at the end of bounty management. It's really sad that hunters work hard but they don't get tokens as a rule..

When the bounty is over, the team is making new plans so that they can easily escape by cheating.

I would like to say to all professional managers that Escrowed is very important and all of you should follow it.

Just in my opinion
Otherwise
1. Hunter will decrease
2. Team cheating step will increase

Your right! If every bounty campaign project is Escrowed , it could be a great help both for the hunters and bounty manager. Also it will lessen the worries of all hunters. It might also another way to lessen bounty campaign scammer and worthless project.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: