Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:20:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous teams  (Read 1061 times)
Rowenta (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 06:14:08 AM

Is it just me or what? I honestly dislike projects that have anonymous team when the project isn't a privacy Monero kinda thing, even few Privacy tokens have teams that aren't anonymous, shit I just feel like they are hidden for a purposes, some kinda easy getaway? What's your thought about this?

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2020, 06:40:47 AM

never ever deal or invest in a project with anonymous team/s
i'd been saying this again and again seen 2013 my year with bitcointalk

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 06:44:35 AM

The team is the most important part of a project, I also always look at who the team is behind the project. If they don't make it public, it will make me less trustworthy and uninterested in investing.
Squezzi55

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 06:57:55 AM

Don't do it, a project with anonymous team are probably scammers, team information is very vital, this is a way of knowing how capable the team will handle a project, if you can't find any information about the team then you are alone in the dark on this one, this ain't year 2012 where majority of altcoins without team still performs better

bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 07:05:01 AM

Is it just me or what?
Not only you, but I also dislike this, but we need to accept the fact that not all projects are built to bring positive things to people. And that's why I think led to why there are projects with anonymous teams.

What's your thought about this?
I have seen some problems, people when looking at a project, namely for finding out investing in that project. Agreeing is an important factor to determine the success of a project.
But that can not be sure that the project will be successful, in fact we have many failed projects. The issue of anonymous teams is not that important to me either, and I don't see it as an important issue in a project.

bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 07:16:21 AM

If the project hides its team, then you can safely forget about it and wait for news when it closes and takes a lot of money with it to the "grave". This is the main red flag.
An open team could be a quality indicator of the project's intentions. You don't hide your face when you go to the Bank or pay for a purchase in a store, do you?
It seems to me that it is right time for the crypto community to completely ignore anonymous teams so that projects do not even have the idea that "or maybe not put the team on the site..."
Festac

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 07:23:39 AM

Well I've seen projects with anonymous teams that performs very well than other, also there are many projects with real team that still end up dead or scam their investors, this your point is 50/50 percentage effective, it's vice versa

meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 07:31:07 AM

For new projects at this time, most of their team is anonymous, if you are in doubt don't force it to enter, even if there is a real team, there will still be a high risk of investing in crypto. so the choice remains in the hands and confidence of each individual.

True, it's not like people are being forced to invest in a certain project anyway. Like, If you don't want the project because of its anonymous team, then don't even bother. Investors have the freedom to choose just like how this teams have the freedom to hide their anonymity. It's not like those team who give their identities are 100% legit anyway.

Anonymous or not, it's still the same for me. Always be vigilant.
Dariusburst

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:15:18 AM

There is no reason for team to go anonymous, coming out to the public will create more confidence in the investors mind, even if the project is privacy coin it's still doesn't make any sense to go fully anonymous, let the world know who you are and stop hiding like criminals
Dariusburst

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:17:08 AM

Avalanche was able to win investors heart with their blockchain experience in the past, the team have been around even before bitcoin, that was what got me, I don't hesitate to go into this project, the full experience thing makes things easier for them, going anonymous won't help, not in the time anymore
bubbalex

Activity: 1176
Merit: 339

https://t.me/bubbalex

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2020, 08:17:49 AM

Never trust a project with an anonymous team, this is not news for a long time, most if not all such projects are 100% scams. Sometimes it happens that the team is not posted to the site, but then it should be in another source, such as LinkedIn or YouTube.

Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:38:13 AM

Is it just me or what? I honestly dislike projects that have anonymous team when the project isn't a privacy Monero kinda thing, even few Privacy tokens have teams that aren't anonymous, shit I just feel like they are hidden for a purposes, some kinda easy getaway? What's your thought about this?
Anonymous team began when DeFi skyrocketed, I don't blame them when they go hidden as there is always disclaimer written in their website for investors to read.
DeFi is still new with numerous attacks and hacks, any attempt on smart contract with bugs can lead to loss of funds. To save their identity from high authorities and incase of future losses, they prefer to go anonymous path.

DeFi idea are legit most of this team but the problem they encountered is sometimes far beyond the team ability to handle, the Yam rebate bug that happen to YAM projects is an example, they tried their best but they had to let go of the projects. Invest with caution and avoid unnecessary lost.

The best you can do, don't invest in anonymous project if you cannot handle the risk. There are situations that team cart away with investors funds. Please be careful.
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:40:28 AM

never ever deal or invest in a project with anonymous team/s
i'd been saying this again and again seen 2013 my year with bitcointalk

Deal? Maybe
Invest? No! And you're absolutely right about that. People who are asking for money/investment should be open like a book.
And not some fake or annon avatar. That has scam written all over it because there's no one to pinpoint
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:42:59 AM

That's true, veil privacy coin has team and few others, I don't blame you if you don't trust such projects, crypto is getting into mainstream now, what is there to hide for if your project is transparent and you have nothing to hide in your cupboard? It doesn't make sense, gone are those days of Monero and other old coins that have anonymous team members

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TanakabZX

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:44:48 AM
Merited by Bitbtc8 (1)

I'm thinking that those projects in 2017 and 2018 that turned scam are making a comeback and they don't want to expose their faces again since this forum is capable of bringing up their misdeeds of the past so the only way is to go anonymous

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:58:07 AM

Simply and easy way of understanding..

Why would they need to be anonymous when they need to run a company?

Team members or company Owners need to be known to gain attention and trust from the Investors

Come to think of that and you will find why Trust a team that don't wanna be trusted?

I'm thinking that those projects in 2017 and 2018 that turned scam are making a comeback and they don't want to expose their faces again since this forum is capable of bringing up their misdeeds of the past so the only way is to go anonymous
Eventhough they are from what year and not have scamming history here,Yet they need to be Broadcast and no reason to Hide their identity.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
escalante28

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 08:58:51 AM

The team members are one of the most important factors in considering a project. If the team is anonymous how would you trust the project? This is a mere scam project on my thought, I never consider joining a project having anonymous team members. I never trust such kind of project, they only show that they can't be fit to manage a project in a very well manner.
livingfree

Activity: 2772
Merit: 578

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 09:29:24 AM

Before, we understand the importance of decentralized prpjects that needs to cover the developers of it.

Example is btc and other privacy coins.

You are right, there is no essence anymore if the new projects are keeping their team anonymous.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
joseyphil82

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 09:39:19 AM

If the team decide to stay anonymous then I believe my money should stay in my anonymous wallet too, no matter how interesting a project use case can be if the team aren't public then it's nonsense, infact team is all that matters most times, look at binance exchange for example, the exchange managed to be this big today because of the team, isn't it?

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 09:50:24 AM

are monero and other private coins anonymous ? but its okay for monero and to others that are already established because the chance of them scamming thier investors is low but it will be risky to trust a new project with anonymous team even if thier concept is being anonymous unless if they can give something as assurance that they wont do an exit scam like giving a colateral to the investors stuffs like that.  overall theres no need to hide but they must be proud that they are the creator of the project  . dont tell me that thier idol was satoshi nakamoto?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: