Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:28:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin arbitrage, pros and cons, experience and profitability  (Read 20552 times)
dankkk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:45:57 PM

Please don't get arbtrage confused with these 'guarenteed get rich' quick schemes. You don't always make money no matter which way the price moves, it has nothing to do with the direction of price movement.
With arbitrage, you should always make money on each of your trades. If you do not then you are doing something wrong (likely holding onto your bitcoin position for too long).

What could prevent you from profiting is the lack of trading opportunities.

+1

It should be foolproof, at least in theory. Regarding opportunities, with new exchanges popping out every day, there is always something to trade. I cannot find lots of depth, but there are always opportunities.
You should not necessarily be trusting new exchanges like this. You will always have the chance that an exchange is going to run away with customer money (this is especially a threat with newer exchanges that have little reputation because they have a lesser steady flow of income from trading fees)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:40:50 PM

Please don't get arbtrage confused with these 'guarenteed get rich' quick schemes. You don't always make money no matter which way the price moves, it has nothing to do with the direction of price movement.
With arbitrage, you should always make money on each of your trades. If you do not then you are doing something wrong (likely holding onto your bitcoin position for too long).

+1

It should be foolproof, at least in theory. Regarding opportunities, with new exchanges popping out every day, there is always something to trade. I cannot find lots of depth, but there are always opportunities.
You should not necessarily be trusting new exchanges like this. You will always have the chance that an exchange is going to run away with customer money (this is especially a threat with newer exchanges that have little reputation because they have a lesser steady flow of income from trading fees)

I ve decided to stop trading by myself, will just use BT and invest into cloud mining. Have no time to follow the market anymore.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 06:40:32 AM

+1

I ve decided to stop trading by myself, will just use BT and invest into cloud mining. Have no time to follow the market anymore.

What is BT?

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Minerjoe

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:06:27 AM

+1

What is BT?

Company from his signature. Potentially a HYIP, maybe not. They pay well and they pay for about a year.

morphtrust

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 09:55:25 AM

I looked into arbitrage a few years ago but found it to be nice as a concept but doing it in reality has so many drawbacks,price change,time of transfer,fees etc

In the end i went a different way and found something profitable to the tune of about 2-2.5% per sat move against altcoin btc pair per trade.I tried telling ppl about it as i was looking to sell it but at that time noone actually beleived it was possible mathematicly so i was stuck with it.Poor me

Arbing just wasnt for me,not in crypto anyways

kinda interested in what you are talking about, but I prefer figuring things out for myself lol, my current trading processed even explained to my friends was not enough, they see via skype screen sharing and what not that it works but they still would rather badger me with enticing offers to do the trading for them, which one finally did mostly because I am more confident now, and not because they wore me down or offered me something I could not refuse, as for if it is working, I say don't sell it just use it, and prove what you are earning to people, put a business model together and sell your services to make them profit and collect a bit on the side from this profit Smiley

I am trading as I said for a friend and our agreement is that the profit from trades I take half of, and always make sure the principal is left behind too, as well as his profit. if he leaves his profit in, I increase the "principal" by that amount, so 200K coins makes 40K profit, I take my 20K *50% of 40K* and if he leaves the other 20K then his principal is now 220K coins. which means I can make even more if I can trade it all to make a profit for example using the previous trade it would not be a 40k profit but a 44k profit, so we each would make an additional 2k profit on top of our 20k Smiley mind you we are pretty good friends and have worked on a number of things together so our agreement is a gentleman's agreement, so anyone else I did this with we would have to have signed and notarized paperwork that we both agree to before I started working that sort of a plan with them, and my system basically uses statistic analysis and psychological analysis to understand why things happen, so I know when I can solidly expect trading trends to make money, thus it does not take into account variables I can not anticipate yet, as I have not encountered them before, and those effects that just can not be anticipated, lol. but I still always end up with a profit at some point Smiley

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
Pst291

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:52:55 PM

I did eventually get a contact through a friend so now i have to go through getting a patent for this strategy and itll be presented to a hedge fund manager once the patent is in place.Right now im currently writing the presentation detail the hows and whys of how this works so fingers crossed it comes good.

They feel it has scope in currency markets as the crypto market trading pair style is very similar to forex.
cozytrade

Activity: 1098
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:29:08 PM

+1

What is BT?

Oh now I know Grin

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View ArchiveReport to moderator 
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████▄
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
████████████▀██▀
████▀█████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
HerrAndreas

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:00:09 AM

I did eventually get a contact through a friend so now i have to go through getting a patent for this strategy and itll be presented to a hedge fund manager once the patent is in place.Right now im currently writing the presentation detail the hows and whys of how this works so fingers crossed it comes good.

They feel it has scope in currency markets as the crypto market trading pair style is very similar to forex.
a patent on a trading strategy. made my day Cheesy

It is like the wild west in the movies, like russia in the 90ies.
It´s you, revolutionaries, scamers, gangsters, genuises, greedy soon-to-be loosers, billionares, and  big business at a global private party. It is bitcoin. http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/dont-panic/
wangxinxi

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 05:50:08 PM

It's quite profitable one year ago. Right now, it's much more difficult. If you like, you can try volatility arbitrage by trading options. https://coinut.com/
xybersurfer

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:23:01 AM

Anyway have you try arbitrage in Bitcoin.co.id ? Currently there is almost $30 price different with btc-e.

Our Indonesia exchange has alot of buyer compare with seller that cause our price slightly higher than other exchange
i actually checked that out. but their minimum withdraw of 319.917 eur (25,000 Rp) seemed a bit high

wangxinxi

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 11:55:06 AM

Anyway have you try arbitrage in Bitcoin.co.id ? Currently there is almost $30 price different with btc-e.

Our Indonesia exchange has alot of buyer compare with seller that cause our price slightly higher than other exchange
i actually checked that out. but their minimum withdraw of 319.917 eur (25,000 Rp) seemed a bit high

Big price discrepancy usually due to some fundamental reasons such as the difficulty of withdrawals, and it's not always profitable with the discrepancy.
Pst291

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:02:55 AM

a patent on a trading strategy. made my day Cheesy

Ill think of you when im on a beach somewhere.

Just out of morbid curiosity why couldnt you patent a strategy.I know nothing about the process itself but this thing HAS to be patented before its sale.

Otherwise i may as well just give it away (which i wont)
arieq

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 03:32:38 PM

Only way to make money in Bitcoin in the short term is by trading it. Mining is not profitable and neither is buying 1 BTC and hoping and praying to the Gods that it goes to $100,000 one day.

That's right, trading is the fastest way to make money in bitcoin, any guy with a lot of money would be able to create a smart bot to spread his sellings and therefore make even more money

josh75

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:27:38 AM

is there a website that show the best arbitrage in live ?

also what are the crypto where there is often arbitrage ? and wich one can transfer fast like ethereum
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:17:24 PM

also what are the crypto where there is often arbitrage ? and wich one can transfer fast like ethereum

Fast transfers are much less important then fast confirmations. There are coins that transfer instantly but need 20+ confirmations, and finally are not much faster for arbitrage use then Litecoin. Exchanges don't care if your coins are transferred to them until the transaction is confirmed.
Flight-87

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:59:23 PM

IMO doing arb in this bloodbath situation is a bad idea. As prices are dropping rapidly you may end up making a loss. That's just my opinion. I've never tried it but recently got interested in it and still spending time learning pros/cons and risks. and still looking for reliable exchanges.
duongdaiduong

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:24:53 PM

There is no sin for people who lack of knowledges but actually there is a sin for people who is super lazy to research stuffs before asking these stupid questions.
Every answer for your question can be easily found out in this forum or on the internet also, just spend little time to read about it before asking, thank you.
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:21:27 PM

Bitcoin is such a wonderful blessing to all of us and I think we should embrace that because it is the one who provides a huge amount of return on our capital.
Bitcoin helps all people to become successful in future.
BlasterS

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:56:13 PM

experience dictates your profit in the industry,  that is the relationship of experience in the profitability of the investment. Many people become successful through meaningful experience that they have been through.
CryptoCoinArbitrage

Activity: 485
Merit: 12

$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:57:04 PM

I used to arbitrage trading with some smaller coins . My biggest issue was trading volume and confirmation time.
You have to be quick and calculating fast as You have to close Your trades at the same time with profit.
I have recently found in the WP of a new project HQ some interesting staff about arbitrage trading with bots.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: