Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:57:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderator deletion of serious discussion in the Wall Observer  (Read 917 times)
nullius (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2020, 08:20:20 PM

The following verges on going off-topic for Meta; however, it is still on-topic insofar as forum moderators need to be cautious about the potential for bad reports made in the Wall Observer due to disagreement with controversial opinions.

Looks like I was one of those reporting it [...]

I’ve never reported anything on WO before because there was nothing close of being up for reports but [...]

I wasn’t sure if it’ll get deleted, so Kudos to the mod, I’m supporting this move 100%. [...]

So, it means a lot that I’ve reported some of your posts (I’m rarely reporting on “Der aktuelle Kursverlauf”).
And as said before, I’ve never reported anything on WO before. [...]

WO is a place where I’m awaiting positivity about Bitcoin, not obvious off-topic spam walls.

Vast piles of utterly nonsensical garbage are posted in WO, and much of that is completely irrelevant to Bitcoin.  According to you, all of that has always been “nothing close of being up for reports”.

I am not a mind reader.  But I don’t think that I am going out on a limb with the following.  It is presumes little to posit that you specifically targeted me, whereas you yourself said outright, “it means a lot that [you’ve] reported some of [my] posts”.  There must be a reason.  My posts must be extra-special!

I don’t shitpost.  Say what you will—you must admit that all of my posts are highly literate, intelligent, and cultured.  You reported my posts, not others’ shitposts.  I think that my posts were too good, in a way that you disliked.

Those who are not deeply familiar with German politics will not understand this; but I think it’s highly probable that this adequately explains your motives for reporting my posts:

Björn Bernd Höcke: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Bj%C3%B6rn_H%C3%B6cke
Ich bitte dich, mit dem Fluchen aufzuhören. Auch, wenn es um Bernd Höcke geht.

By the way, I can see from that thread that KingScorpio is even crazier in the German forum than he is in P&S.

I aver that in modern Germany, AfD would probably come closest to a political party that I may support.  (Watch for explosion in the German forum because I said this. :-/)  But of course, I would not support AfD, because I am actively anti-democratic, according to my personal political manifesto; and if anything, Björn Höcke is still a little bit too much of a centrist for me.  At least, he is not as bad a leftist as Trump!
I have been calling Trump a Communist for about the past five years.

As set forth below, 2/3 of the posts that you reported were probably quite objectionable to you on political grounds.  And the third, which you mischaracterized as a
fluffypony post
, you obviously did not read at all!  It was specifically a Bitcoin privacy post—
Red alert:  Imminent plans for a mining pool with transaction blacklisting, based on blockchain analysis and, of course, the Diktat of the American world-police OFAC.

[...h/t fluffypony...]

... All users of Blockseer’s pool are required to pass KYC (Know Your Customer) protocols, and blocks posted to the Bitcoin blockchain by Blockseer’s pool will only contain filtered transactions ...
—oops...
I totally appreciate your insightful technical posts and your posts about privacy

But first, for greater context, here is a shortlist selection of a few of the recent “politically incorrect” posts that I have made in the Wall Observer—such things as even Björn Höcke would not dare to say!

Hmmm...

When we have a look at Japan, the people are very respectful to each other. Doing harm to the community is extremely despised by the japanese citizens. That's a good attitude when people are living respectfully together and because of that the crime / terrorism problem is very low there - and the society is working without privacy invading measures.

I don't had time to do an analysis but my first impression how that could be achived is:
[...]
- no extremism / racism => no terrorism
Ah, yes, Japan:  A homogeneous society with a nationalist culture, in which gaijin (‘foreigners’) are almost unanimously despised.  Japan is not diverse—not divided—therefore, the Japanese people are united.  I think that you are making my argument for me!

Now, compare this:

Re: Overcoming Systematic Racism with Bitcoin
To get rid of racism, many factors play a role in my opinion. Most important is to avoid votes for racist or nationalist people / parties.

...to this post which you got cancelled:

Galileo was not popular.

He stood against not only the Church, but also society itself.  Accordingly, he was about as popular as I am:  A few intelligent people appreciated him, such as the Medici duke who was his primary supporter at the end of his life; he even had supporters high within the Church.  But he was otherwise considered scandalous, and even criminal.

The ignorant modern mind tends to assume that rebelling against the Church was always super-cool.  Whereas in 1632, heresy was like racism, sexism, or social class discrimination are today.  (n.b.)

Galileo’s wife was so embarrassed and angry at his sins, she burnt his papers after he died.  Unknown works of irreplaceable genius were thus irretrievably destroyed.  Because:  Unpopular.  The notion that he would have received 2.3K retweets and 18.6K “likes” is wildly implausible.

Galileo is cancelled.

You don’t report illiterate “off-topic” gibberish; why did you want to shut me up, specifically?

Another reported/deleted post:
mostly it seems to be about authoritarianism;

I think that that word is way overused and abused.  Well, I am an authoritarian.

the communism side needs drawing out.

How many pages do you want me to add to the Wall Observer?  :-/

C’mon, One Meow!  Cats are supposed to eat birds!

Because this is the Internet, and because liberals love guilt by association, and because I have needed to defend the honour of kitty-cats:  I should note that Lauda did sometimes agree, sometimes disagree with my opinions.  My impression of her was that she was a more or less mainstream conservative with some interesting twists; freethinkers defy labels, and pigeon-holes are for the tweeting birds.

She did love freedom of speech, which is why I said that she would have been a good WO mod.

It is the modern liberal that is against free speech.
*Weird flex*. Liberalism is a disease.

For my own part, I should note that as as a nationalist in principle, I have always been friendly to people of many races and nationalities who want to use Bitcoin to free themselves from the banks, thus to build their own futures.  Liberal simpletons would not comprehend my nuanced Weltanschauung.  Bitcoin is for each his own, as well as being a new medium for a grassroots-level comity between nations.

People who disagree with each other about everything else, can agree about Bitcoin.  [...]  You may dislike me, you may disagree with me, you may condemn me—you may even decide that you hate me.  But we both agree that Bitcoin has value; and Bitcoin itself is absolutely unbiased between us.  This is what gives Bitcoin its power—and this is how Bitcoin empowers anybody who wants to use it.  If I decide that I hate you, we still agree on Bitcoin—and we can’t tell each other what to do with Bitcoin.

[...]

The Bitcoin technology is easy to duplicate.  But the Bitcoin social movement cannot be duplicated.  It exists because everybody agrees on Bitcoin.  People all over the world, of every race and nationality, of every religion, of every political opinion, all agree on Bitcoin.  Their agreements or disagreements about anything else are irrelevant to Bitcoin.

That is why there is only one Bitcoin.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1319

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2020, 09:40:12 PM
Merited by 1miau (2)

----
Was it really necessary to make a second post in here? It looks like you are still beating a horse that's already been dead for some days, and by doing so, you're burying some other threads that may be important. At least more important than "I got my post deleted in a thread moderators aren't suppose to act", it was deleted, might have been the right or wrong thing to do, but for the love of god; let it go

friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 09:47:25 PM

----
Was it really necessary to make a second post in here? It looks like you are still beating a horse that's already been dead for some days, and by doing so, you're burying some other threads that may be important. At least more important than "I got my post deleted in a thread moderators aren't suppose to act", it was deleted, might have been the right or wrong thing to do, but for the love of god; let it go

You mean well, mate, no doubt.

I suppose you already know you shouldn't feed the trolls.

Well, this time you haven't fed the trolls, you've fed nullius. May the gods have mercy on your soul.

(edit: on second thought, I think you really love getting attention  Cool)

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
nullius (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2020, 11:53:32 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2020, 12:32:45 AM by nullius

Based on evidence that I discovered after my previous post, I drew a reasonable inference that my posts were reported due to political disagreement with my opinions.  How is staff handling of politically motivated reports not an important issue for Meta?

This is a private forum—a private forum where the freedom of speech is a cause dear to the administration, to the community, and most of all, to regulars of the Wall Observer.  Whether or not one agrees with the opinions that I have expressed, the real issue hereby is everybody’s practical ability to express controversial opinions unimpeded.

As always, it is only comfortable to defend speech when you agree with it.  I stand here on principle.  If I wanted a forum with more like minds, then I would go elsewhere—here, if staff were to delete from WO e.g. nutildah’s utterly execrable pushing of hallucinogenic drug use, then I would be the first to object.  Where do you stand?

Whereas for those who desire to suppress the expression of illiberal opinions, the worst speech of all is that which expresses forbidden ideas cogently.  The crude remarks of troglodytes are easy to dismiss; and indeed, liberals oft enjoy holding up as strawmen the worst examples of their opposition.

Reductio ad absurdum, I doubt that 1miau would have reported r0ach’s posts—for r0ach was and is the butt of jokes, including my own.  I am obviously no cockroach:  I may be feared or hated, but not despised.  My posts may thus cause cognitive dissonance—or worst of all, the danger that someone may actually agree with me!

By the way, I observe that some of my prior WO posts (not the deleted ones) may be illegal to publish in Germany.  (Possibly.  #justsaying.  This is not a formal legal opinion, but I do know something of this subject.)  I always choose my words carefully:  It was not for nothing that I remarked that I had said things that “even Björn Höcke would not dare to say”.  But it does not matter, for this forum is located in the United States; and the forum’s administration does not obey the censorship laws of Germany, Kazakhstan, Red China, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, et al.

P.S., if you are German, then don’t votedemocracy is a SCAM, and all of the parties are bad.  But if you do vote, then vote for AfD!  :-)

Well, this time you haven't fed the trolls, you've fed nullius. May the gods have mercy on your soul.

Quotable.  And you owe me another new keyboard—coffee, etc.  Merits are hereby held in abeyance for the moment.  I am trying to save them for something else; you have taken too many!

Quote from: Nietzsche, Die fröhliche Wissenschaft (The Gay Science), „Vorspiel in deutschen Reimen“, 31.
Der verkappte Heilige.

Daß dein Glück uns nicht bedrücke,
    Legst du um dich Teufelstücke,
        Teufelswitz und Teufelskleid.
    Doch umsonst!  Aus deinem Blicke
        Blickt hervor die Heiligkeit!

Quote from: Nietzsche, Also sprach Zarathustra: Ein Buch für Alle und Keinen, „Vom Lesen und Schreiben“
Ihr seht nach Oben, wenn ihr nach Erhebung verlangt.  Und ich sehe hinab, weil ich erhoben bin.

Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1319

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2020, 01:11:24 AM

---
Moderators are still human and can make mistakes. We've all had posts removed in some questionable ways, and I'm not saying it's not an important issue; I'm just pointing out that there are more important things than discussing every handled report.

I'm not just talking about this particular case of yours; there's been a lot of "my post got deleted" "my report is marked as bad" threads created here recently, and altough it's normal to want to know what we did wrong; these threads only get more important threads buried.

Only in the first 2 pages of Meta, there's the following threads created to address this kind of very urgent need  Roll Eyes

Why was my reply deleted?
Report flagged as bad by mistake?
Poll disappeared
Deleted topic for no reason
Post deleted by mistake or what?
Moderator deletion of serious discussion in the Wall Observer

A total of 6 threads in 5 days. Now, I'm not saying that none of these threads should have been created in first place, but comparing that number to some threads I that I coinsider way more important with close to 0 interaction in those same 2 pages:

theymos please update the news line for Bitcoin Core 0.20.1 version
search engine optimization for local boards

6 "not that important" threads compared to 2 "rather important-ish" threads, on a bigger scale, I think you can see where I'm going with this. There were a couple of merit source applications too in that second page of this board.

Is changing the line/link of the latest core release a priority? I doubt so; but it affects the whole forum. Some people run a node and don't regularly check the core releases, instead they see the change here.
Is doing some SEO work important? As a local board user, I sure as hell hope it is
Is knowing why your post was deleted important? It is important... but most certainly, only to you
Is this thread a bit more special because the WO has some custom rules? We could agree on that; but your point had already been made, and there was no real reason to bump the thread; which was what my post was really about.

nullius (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2020, 01:43:11 AM

[—elaborate explanation of the fact that an Internet forum, which exists for the purpose of discussion, has ongoing multiple different discussions of varying priority and, I may add, different levels of interest to different people—]

...your point had already been made, and there was no real reason to bump the thread; which was what my post was really about.

OK, thanks.  Roll Eyes

Any on-topic comments?

hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 03:01:19 AM

Any on-topic comments?

You are a shit stirrer and no one likes your lengthy biased cries.
nullius (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2020, 03:42:15 AM

...but your point had already been made, and there was no real reason to bump the thread; which was what my post was really about.

Full disclosure:  I paid Mr “hacker” to bump, bump, bump this thread for me!
/s

Any on-topic comments?

1miau
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 6743

Currently not much available - see my websitelink

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2020, 07:31:49 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2020, 07:55:14 PM by 1miau

----
Looks like my assumption was proven right...

Maybe more people are annoyed but too afraid to speak up because they will get hit by another spam wall.

It's amazing this has filled 3 pages now.  Cheesy

I remarked that I sometimes find it helpful to read a post without looking at its author’s name.  That applies both to good posts, and to things that come off as surprisingly... otherwise.
That's an honorable effort.

(And I know something about putting time and effort into posts, including some of those deleted in this instance.)
Well, I think we can agree that posts aren’t deleted by the mods for no reason. Otherwise my reports would have been reported as “bad”.

I don’t shitpost.  Say what you will—you must admit that all of my posts are highly literate, intelligent, and cultured.  You reported my posts, not others’ shitposts.  I think that my posts were too good, in a way that you disliked.
Not so sure here.  Wink
"Beating a dead horse" can be considered as shitposting. It's quite amazing how this thread for a generic issue has grown to 3 pages (and probably will grow even more).

Björn Höcke is still a little bit too much of a centrist for me.
If you like Bernd Höcke (as known as Björn Höcke), you’ll like Landolf Ladig even more: https://politicalbeauty.de/landolf/
If you like Landolf Ladig even more, you should get some merch!
#getsomemerch
By buying merch, you can show your support effectively. All real supporters are buying merch. If you don’t buy merch, you are not a real supporter, keep that in mind.  
All funds collected from merch will go directly to a special purpose to support Landolf Ladig (for example to challenge future election fraud)

But I won't recommend it to buy Landolf Ladig merch because Landolf Ladig (calling himself a strong leader) will just use opportunities as a vehicle to reach his goal.
That would be an existential threat to Bitcoin because Bitcoin is supposed to hold strong leaders accountable.

The most important thing for strong leaders is to be leading strong and Bitcoin is undermining the strength of an leader (as an leaderless digital currency). So votes for Landolf Ladig (or Björn Höcke) would be actually a vote against Bitcoin.

C’mon, One Meow!  Cats are supposed to eat birds!

Believe it or not, Twitter and I have a very awkward relationship, I have several accounts there banned for no reason (in one case I tweeted about some rare flowers and got banned). Twitter is a shit platform, it's totally easy to derail discussions if we can actually call these scraps of conversation "discussions". It's a pity that Twitter is often used by shitcoins which is in fact a large booster of shitcoin fails.

Since you have waded through my post history you should have noticed it already.  Cheesy

Reductio ad absurdum, I doubt that 1miau would have reported r0ach’s posts
At least r0ach doesn't post spam walls which would take some time to wade through. We have our very own r0ach (KingScorpio) but unfortunately, his post quality has declined. (It's a pity because some of his posts were actually funny; now it's only incoherent gibberish).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████