Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:51:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506534 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BigDaddyWooWoo

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:36:18 AM

Guys if you are on the fence about buying from these people I'll tell you they are the real deal.  So far I have placed two orders with them. The first went off without a hitch and I received my units 4 days after ordering.   

On the second order there was a snafu in shipping of my units.  I received a shipping notification but it appeared the units hadn't left the facility two days after ordering. I contacted them through email at the address they provide here for sales support and had an answer back within ten minutes that they were looking into it and would get back to me.  Within another 20 minutes I had a message back apologizing for the delay in shipping and telling me that they had shipped that day.  Without me having to ask they offered a store credit for my next purchase just in case the units did not arrive within 5 days.  I shit you not.

I've bought a lot of stuff from lots of people in these very forums and I can easily say that I've never had service like this. My hope is these guys stay up on the mining scene and continue to offer new mining widgets as they come out.  Lots of times when you send someone your money you have that little bit of doubt in your head as to whether you did the right thing or not.  I'm glad I can get rid of that little doubt demon by buying here.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 01:29:22 AM

Guys if you are on the fence about buying from these people I'll tell you they are the real deal.  So far I have placed two orders with them. The first went off without a hitch and I received my units 4 days after ordering.   

On the second order there was a snafu in shipping of my units.  I received a shipping notification but it appeared the units hadn't left the facility two days after ordering. I contacted them through email at the address they provide here for sales support and had an answer back within ten minutes that they were looking into it and would get back to me.  Within another 20 minutes I had a message back apologizing for the delay in shipping and telling me that they had shipped that day.  Without me having to ask they offered a store credit for my next purchase just in case the units did not arrive within 5 days.  I shit you not.

I've bought a lot of stuff from lots of people in these very forums and I can easily say that I've never had service like this. My hope is these guys stay up on the mining scene and continue to offer new mining widgets as they come out.  Lots of times when you send someone your money you have that little bit of doubt in your head as to whether you did the right thing or not.  I'm glad I can get rid of that little doubt demon by buying here.

@BigDaddyWooWoo - thanks for validating them. searching my wallet for some spare coins now.

BigDaddyWooWoo

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:34:02 AM

@BigDaddyWooWoo - thanks for validating them. searching my wallet for some spare coins now.

Certainly.  It's so easy to get scammed around here so I think it's important for us to point out the good ones.
jolipenria

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:46:41 PM

Hello,
I am from Germany, is it  able to order there? How mush it will cost?
EnJoyThis

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:42:10 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 06:37:20 PM by EnJoyThis

I've sent in a support ticket (#1862) about 13 hours ago because my hosted 10-package was offline.

Currently they are still offline, would be good to get an update on the status of my pods.

Cheers

EDIT: My pods are back up and hashing again. Thanks for the efforts getting them back, and a side note, they have an extra unit hashing for me in order to make up for lost time. What can one ask more from a company? Perhaps even faster respons? :-) but than again, people get spoiled quickly and perhaps I'm also one of them. For a BFL product one needed to wait alteast 2 weeks before you got any respons. Keep up the great work GAW.

1Ew9k5guAGb44Uz6rYfSVscgFBUcgDZp5C
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:35:36 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 01:32:04 AM by bmoconno

I just placed another order (5 Miners) and was given some shipping options that just didn't make sense.  Including Library and Media mail via USPS, unless I'm mistaken, aren't those options only for boxes that are shaped like books or DVDs?  I ended up selecting USPS Priority - Large, but I just figured I'd give ya'll a heads up.

I had some problems with my first order, but their support staff had been quick to answer messages, something that is totally unheard of in this market.  They did such a good job that, I'm placing another order with GAWMiners.. I just hope this next one goes a lot smoother. Smiley

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
Colorado_Miner

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:52:34 AM

Greetings,

I am writing to see if anyone has a mining pool that they are happy with and can recommend?  I have been using wemineltc which seems to be ok, but the pool is so large and I would like to find some other potential candidates.  I am certainly doing my own research, but value the opinions of others in regards to any quality pools.

I am using the GAWMiners hosted 10 pack with my current mining pool.  I have been very happy with the level of support that GAW has provided to me during purchase and implementation of the hosted miners.  I am planning to write a more detailed review in the future.

I appreciate everyone's time and input.

Thanks,
Larry
miless2111s

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:03:30 AM

Greetings,

I am writing to see if anyone has a mining pool that they are happy with and can recommend?  I have been using wemineltc which seems to be ok, but the pool is so large and I would like to find some other potential candidates.  I am certainly doing my own research, but value the opinions of others in regards to any quality pools.

I am using the GAWMiners hosted 10 pack with my current mining pool.  I have been very happy with the level of support that GAW has provided to me during purchase and implementation of the hosted miners.  I am planning to write a more detailed review in the future.

Thanks,
Larry
I am liking waffle pool at the moment - reasonable levels of profit and a very responsive admin.  Pool fees have just increased to 2% but then he's pretty hard working and it can be a thankless task I suspect Smiley
Miles
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:15:22 AM

I'm just stopping in this thread to wish GAW Miners cheers and hope all is well. Later, guys.

~Bruno Kucinskas
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:45:52 PM

I'm just stopping in this thread to wish GAW Miners cheers and hope all is well. Later, guys.

~Bruno Kucinskas

Good to hear from you old friend Smiley

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
Gentso1

Activity: 156

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:46:55 PM

Couple of questions but when will the UI be on-line?

With the UI will I be able to:

1.change pool's
2.set miner frequency (before you guys say no I think a rate of at LEAST 850 mhz should be allowed since the units have proven stable at speeds around 1000mhz)
3.reboot our miners
4.guaranteed hash rate of 6 mh/s per 20 pack, barring pool issues of course. 6 mh/s is the low end of what the miners can do and also the rate that they are advertised at on your site, so asking that you guarantee that rate for the hosted units is pretty fair.
5.failover pool settings

chongl

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:29:55 PM

I'm excited for the double your hashrate promo...waiting for details!

The miners aren't stable at 1000 without voltage mods. 888 to 900 seems to be about the limit without it in my experience.
Gentso1

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:28:30 PM

Thats true 1000 does req the voltage mod but I think at 850 they are very stable. Stock they are set to 700 I think so even the bump to 850 would be nice and I am getting zero errors @ 850 on my local miners with the fans off.
mneehon

Activity: 174

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:47:01 PM

Thats true 1000 does req the voltage mod but I think at 850 they are very stable. Stock they are set to 700 I think so even the bump to 850 would be nice and I am getting zero errors @ 850 on my local miners with the fans off.

Can confirm, I'm running a bunch locally @ 850 for about two weeks already stable no issues that I can see (I just periodically check hashrate at the pool I use).  I still haven't gotten to disconnecting fans though.

BTW, received single Gridseeds I've ordered from GAW (my earlier order was from another vendor) and they include USB cable (expected) and also power supplies, not just pigtails that need to be spliced (unexpected!).  Thanks GAW Miners!

JHammer

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:12:00 PM

1.change pool's
2.set miner frequency (before you guys say no I think a rate of at LEAST 850 mhz should be allowed since the units have proven stable at speeds around 1000mhz)
3.reboot our miners
4.guaranteed hash rate of 6 mh/s per 20 pack, barring pool issues of course. 6 mh/s is the low end of what the miners can do and also the rate that they are advertised at on your site, so asking that you guarantee that rate for the hosted units is pretty fair.
5.failover pool settings

+1
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 11:33:24 PM

1.change pool's
3.reboot our miners
5.failover pool settings

+1

Hi!

I want to clarify a few things.

When you purchase the units, they belong to you. Our company is providing the power, internet, etc.

We are not selling hashing power, rather we are selling the hardware and hosting it for you as a complimentary service. Since we do this at no cost, and sell for less this most vendors, we would not be able to also guarantee the performance of your hardware outside of the warranty window.

We know this can be confusing, and we are looking for a way to address it. To day date, 90% of the challenges we have are related to the hardware itself (not our hosting). We have actually used our own hardware to make up the difference when we have needed to.

So there is a balance we must achieve here

I would be interested to know how you guys feel we might address this challenge? Naturally, we want to make it work for you as a customer and us as a business.

Josh- CEO

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
Gentso1

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:11:52 AM

1.change pool's
3.reboot our miners
5.failover pool settings

+1

Hi!

I want to clarify a few things.

When you purchase the units, they belong to you. Our company is providing the power, internet, etc.

We are not selling hashing power, rather we are selling the hardware and hosting it for you as a complimentary service. Since we do this at no cost, and sell for less this most vendors, we would not be able to also guarantee the performance of your hardware outside of the warranty window.

We know this can be confusing, and we are looking for a way to address it. To day date, 90% of the challenges we have are related to the hardware itself (not our hosting). We have actually used our own hardware to make up the difference when we have needed to.

So there is a balance we must achieve here

I would be interested to know how you guys feel we might address this challenge? Naturally, we want to make it work for you as a customer and us as a business.

Josh- CEO

I understand the above 100%.

but......What about the:UI? I really think as a miner on this end of the hosted side, I would feel much better with more control. At the same time I recognize that this web UI is a bit of a bonus. I am just looking for a rough time when it might be running and what features it might include.

1.change pool's
3.reboot our miners
5.failover pool settings Wink

Jamis

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:52:06 AM

Greetings,
Thanks,
Larry

Hi Larry, I just signed up for a 10-pack last week and it went live Friday so it has now been mining at a supportive potcoin site with great support: http://www.pot.minermob.com/ for three days. The 10-pack has found 13 solutions generating 5,400 potcoins. Even at their current low price of half a cent, 5,400 coins in three days is $27 or $9 a day. At this rate I'll pay off the $1,900 hardware and annual cost in seven months and the remaing 5 months are all profit. You can see how the hosted 10-pack is doing on http://www.pot.minermob.com/ by looking at the pool statistics. The Jamis account is nothing but the GAW 10-pack hosted gridseeds.
Jamis
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 12:53:10 AM

To day date, 90% of the challenges we have are related to the hardware itself (not our hosting).

To be honest I have a problem with this statement. You sold the hardware, so what difference does it make where the problem is? You actually have the benefit of being able to replace the defective hosted hardware immediately as opposed to dealing with return shipping etc.

Besides, my own miners are running 24/7, and the hosted ones have been down multiple times since they went live less than a week ago. So it is becoming really hard to believe that this is 90% hardware issue.

And yes, I have filed support tickets, sometimes it helps, sometimes they go unanswered, but what is really lacking is transparency. We have a great support community here, if you have technical challenges in running hosted Gridseeds I'm sure you'd find lots of help if you explained what's going on and it would reflect positively on your efforts to keep your promises.
JHammer

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:58:02 AM

I believe its time for a SLA to be put into writing..

I will add that my 20 pack that was purchased week before last has been up and ok 99% of the time..   It seems like for whatever reason, there was challenges with the hosted purchases from last week?

But back to what I think the other poster was asking..  Any update on the UI and what features will be in the UI?

Thanks!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: