Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:53:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506537 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EnJoyThis

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:00:43 AM

EDIT: Oh I give up with the table- 15 mins of fiddling in the dark and still no table! Anyone know of an easy way to go from Excel to here and still have a table?  I've got to get on with "real" work now but I'm all ears on learning an easy way to display a table Smiley  Thanks!

Take a screenshot and post an image Smiley

Your math is probably right, profitability is marginal at the current rates. And the blade is not priced competitively, the "cupcakes" at $170 are <$0.5 per KH/s, the blade is more than that, unless it overclocks like crazy.

Same chips are used so you can do the math regarding OC'ing.

Personally I would have thought the blade would be a bit cheaper because the components used are costing significantly less than with the 'pods'.

Less heatsinks, less fans, less pcb, etc.

1Ew9k5guAGb44Uz6rYfSVscgFBUcgDZp5C
mneehon

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:20:59 PM

As a word of caution to people who received "industrial" style power supply in their package - power supply has input voltage switch 110/220V and included setup instruction doesn't mention it.

Mine was set to incorrect one, glad that I checked before plugging it in.  Make sure you check yours Wink  and check and double check output voltage and correct barrel connector wiring.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8968

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:00:20 PM

EDIT: Oh I give up with the table- 15 mins of fiddling in the dark and still no table! Anyone know of an easy way to go from Excel to here and still have a table?  I've got to get on with "real" work now but I'm all ears on learning an easy way to display a table Smiley  Thanks!

Take a screenshot and post an image Smiley

Your math is probably right, profitability is marginal at the current rates. And the blade is not priced competitively, the "cupcakes" at $170 are <$0.5 per KH/s, the blade is more than that, unless it overclocks like crazy.

Same chips are used so you can do the math regarding OC'ing.

Personally I would have thought the blade would be a bit cheaper because the components used are costing significantly less than with the 'pods'.

Less heatsinks, less fans, less pcb, etc.

What I meant regarding overclocking is that you can push these chips to 950-1000 MHz with a bit of a voltage tweak. Now if the blade had that option without soldering (e.g. a software adjustment, or at least a jumper) that would be a significant advantage.
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:00:31 AM

Got my second order today, very quick delivery (paid for priority) and everything was packaged nicely!  Thanks GAWMiners!

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
GiantSlug

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:21:41 AM

Where is all the info for the new ASIC Blades I saw mentioned.. That disappearing without a word from GAW seems odd. Please give us ALL an update about what is going on over there at GAW. Thanks!
Arachnid

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:23:19 AM

Why is GAW deleting so many posts?  I posted a question asking why the blades aren't listed on the website anymore and it was deleted.  Other people have had legitimate questions deleted.

I had a good experience with my order, but this sort of behavior is not acceptable in a vendor.

I noticed that myself. I'm wondering if they announced that blade a little too early and got their hand slapped by the vendor or a competitor?

I'm looking forward to getting my miners tomorrow.  Grin
GiantSlug

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:24:49 AM

Why is GAW deleting so many posts?  I posted a question asking why the blades aren't listed on the website anymore and it was deleted.  Other people have had legitimate questions deleted.

I had a good experience with my order, but this sort of behavior is not acceptable in a vendor.

I noticed that myself. I'm wondering if they announced that blade a little too early and got their hand slapped by the vendor or a competitor?

I'm looking forward to getting my miners tomorrow.  Grin

Probably got in trouble for showing before enough Gridseed singles had been sold Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8968

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 03:01:33 AM

Where is all the info for the new ASIC Blades I saw mentioned.. That disappearing without a word from GAW seems odd. Please give us ALL an update about what is going on over there at GAW. Thanks!

They probably hired Ms. Streisand to run their marketing department.
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 06:01:45 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 06:32:16 AM by GAW Miners

New Gridseed Asic Blade is Here!

http://www.gawminers.com/5200-kh-s-gridseed-asic-blade-miner/

We get our first one batch tomorrow (4/4/14) so we will be uploading our official pictures then! We will also be posting a complete walk through if the Blade and setup guides

Buy it now as there will only be a limited quantity available! We will offer also this with our free hosting! You will be online and hashing the same day!

PS all existing customers get priority in the orders and free overnight shipping!

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 06:08:07 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 06:59:27 AM by GAW Miners

Why is GAW deleting so many posts?  I posted a question asking why the blades aren't listed on the website anymore and it was deleted.  Other people have had legitimate questions deleted.

Sorry about that. Please don't take it personally.

While I can not go in to detail, there was a miscommunication at Gridseed with another vendor that caused an issue on the Blade announcements. I decided to play it safe and remove all promotions and post until the misunderstanding was resolved.

Its resolved, and the Blade is now here!

muchdogecpumine

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:25:59 AM

Why is GAW deleting so many posts?  I posted a question asking why the blades aren't listed on the website anymore and it was deleted.  Other people have had legitimate questions deleted.

While I can not go in to detail, there was a miscommunication at Gridseed with another vendor that caused an issue on the Blade announcements. I decided to play it safe and remove all promotions and post until the misunderstanding was resolved.

Good to know.  I was very happy with the way you handled my order, but cryptocoin equipment vendors have bitten the hands that feed them enough times that we are all a bit paranoid.  I would suggest erring on the side of transparency next time.
EnJoyThis

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:56:08 AM

Is it perhaps possible to show the amount of blades still 'in stock' so when someone orders, they are sure to be in the first batch?

I remember your old shop had this feature as I was one of the first to order a hosted 10pack at the time you had 15 of these 'in stock'.

Thanks

1Ew9k5guAGb44Uz6rYfSVscgFBUcgDZp5C
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:34:03 AM

Is it perhaps possible to show the amount of blades still 'in stock' so when someone orders, they are sure to be in the first batch?

I remember your old shop had this feature as I was one of the first to order a hosted 10pack at the time you had 15 of these 'in stock'.

Thanks

Hi, we will take a look in to that Smiley

GAW

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:54:54 PM

Received my second order a day early.

Any kind of a trade-in program in the works for the 5 chip miners towards buying blades? I like the space savings of the new blades.
bmoconno

New In Town...

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:19:56 PM

Man, I want a blade... but with BTC in the dumps right now, I think I might have to wait it out.  Cry

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:35:02 AM

Any kind of a trade-in program in the works for the 5 chip miners towards buying blades? I like the space savings of the new blades.

Hi, lets talk over PM Smiley

bmoconno

New In Town...

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:36:56 AM

Hi, lets talk over PM Smiley

Let me know if anything comes of this. Smiley

GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:22:37 AM

Hey Guys!

I know we have kept you waiting on the new UI, but it will be worth it!

Just like with any thing you build, its always hard to know when its time to let it in to the world VS continuing to add new features! Its coming in the next 48 hours. And you have not seen anything like it Smiley

GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:11:04 PM

Good Morning, we are hard at work getting the new UI ready!

GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 03:20:17 PM

Hey Guys!

I know we have kept you waiting on the new UI, but it will be worth it!

Just like with any thing you build, its always hard to know when its time to let it in to the world VS continuing to add new features! Its coming in the next 48 hours. And you have not seen anything like it Smiley

Excited..  Cant wait..

This screenshot actually tells me a lot.   It looks like a 10 pack no?   Why is it several of the Grispeeds in this 10 pack are hashing at 1.8 while the rest are in the 3's?

This seems to be what is happening to my 20 pack at times.. 

Can you tell us why they are at 1.8?

Thanks!

Please look at the miners on the right hand side.

The 1.8 are the 5 packs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: