Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:42:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DIEM] CarpeDiemCoin Ҩ 8 Sec Ҩ Scrypt and SHA Multipool ARE NOW LIVE!!  (Read 42644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
imaginary_coinputer

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:12:17 PM

Questions to dev:
1. Are you going to be developing/updating DIEM wallet? Whats the roadmap?
2. Who is making the android wallet? Can this person post a hello and status updates to this thread? When is it going to launch?
3. Who is making the multipool?  Can this person post a hello and status updates to this thread? When is it going to launch?
4. What are going to be transaction fees be, after block rewards hit 0? When are you implementing new transaction fees?

Questions to paysha:
1. When are you launching?
2. How many merchants at launch?
3. Will you provide integrations to most popular ecommerce software (wordpress prestashop opencart)?
4. Will merchants be able to autoconvert to USD?
5. How are you planning to protect your systems and merchants from DIEM double spends?

1) What's wrong with it? I'm not sure why you think I have abandoned anything, I'm more active than 90% of people who launch coins
1.a) Actually, we did update it since launch. We added the networkhash. What is it missing?
2) Same guy as the pool. We actually have 2 separate people working on separate Android apps and will go with the best one
3) See #2, we are talking in email
4) I've already said multiple times we will raise the tx fee if needed. Until we see how the pool pans out, and rewards hit 0, there is no reason right now

Can't answer the paysha questions

Thanks for the quick reply! You are indeed are very active, that was one the things that got involved me here.

Wallet needs some minor cosmetic fixes, there are still "bitcoin" mentioned in about and address send fields. Wallet startup picture seems broken too.

You are still avoiding blockchain security question - delegating the main cryptocurrency feature to third party multipool service is stupid (or malicious) and inexcusable.
Also if you are serious about long term development, and want to attract various businesses that use DIEM post a roadmap and plans to change transaction fees in advance.

Carpe Diem Coin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:24:52 PM

Questions to dev:
1. Are you going to be developing/updating DIEM wallet? Whats the roadmap?
2. Who is making the android wallet? Can this person post a hello and status updates to this thread? When is it going to launch?
3. Who is making the multipool?  Can this person post a hello and status updates to this thread? When is it going to launch?
4. What are going to be transaction fees be, after block rewards hit 0? When are you implementing new transaction fees?

Questions to paysha:
1. When are you launching?
2. How many merchants at launch?
3. Will you provide integrations to most popular ecommerce software (wordpress prestashop opencart)?
4. Will merchants be able to autoconvert to USD?
5. How are you planning to protect your systems and merchants from DIEM double spends?

1) What's wrong with it? I'm not sure why you think I have abandoned anything, I'm more active than 90% of people who launch coins
1.a) Actually, we did update it since launch. We added the networkhash. What is it missing?
2) Same guy as the pool. We actually have 2 separate people working on separate Android apps and will go with the best one
3) See #2, we are talking in email
4) I've already said multiple times we will raise the tx fee if needed. Until we see how the pool pans out, and rewards hit 0, there is no reason right now

Can't answer the paysha questions

Thanks for the quick reply! You are indeed are very active, that was one the things that got involved me here.

Wallet needs some minor cosmetic fixes, there are still "bitcoin" mentioned in about and address send fields. Wallet startup picture seems broken too.

You are still avoiding blockchain security question - delegating the main cryptocurrency feature to third party multipool service is stupid (or malicious) and inexcusable.
Also if you are serious about long term development, and want to attract various businesses that use DIEM post a roadmap and plans to change transaction fees in advance.

Need to see numbers from the pool paying out to miners how high transaction fees need to be raised to entice SHA miners back on. If there are enough miners, I think you are underestimating how many fees will be generated by auto payouts
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 12:13:53 AM

Coinex is back up.  should we do giveaways there?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
imaginary_coinputer

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:21:18 AM

Need to see numbers from the pool paying out to miners how high transaction fees need to be raised to entice SHA miners back on. If there are enough miners, I think you are underestimating how many fees will be generated by auto payouts

I might be underestimating, of course, but seeing how destabilizing low network hashrate can be ...
Blockchain splits into multiple forks, exchanges start dropping the coin and it's over very fast.
Also how do you know if we are not under 51% attack already? Do we have any service to monitor and react?
Might take days to spot, and than days to rollback.

Chicken and egg problem:
You can only have lots of transactions (and big fees to secure the network) if you have a lot of demand for using DIEM.
But to build demand, we need a stable long term platform (lots of transactions and fees).
Right now we have neither. Building multipool increases both demand side and network security/fees side, but just orders of magnitude less than what is needed (viral growth).

You were very insightful posting bounties for viral videos from the start. The only coin which achieved viral growth is doge, and thats because they already reused the viral growth component - the doge meme. Other coins which did well on the demand side are all generating mainstream press articles: bitcoin, dogecoin, auroracoin.

If anyone has any ideas how to get on BBC or CNN, please come forward and claim those 500 million DIEM  Smiley

imaginary_coinputer

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:38:28 AM

Another question to dev: can DIEM be merge mined with FusionCoin? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512149.600
Carpe Diem Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:48:56 AM

Another question to dev: can DIEM be merge mined with FusionCoin? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512149.600

Any SHA coins can be merge mined. One of them just needs to accept the other's POW as its own. If we were to merge mine with another SHA coin, it would be best for that coin to be the auxillary chain and DIEM to be the parent because of fast block times and a longer chain. It would require the coin that wants to be merge mined with DIEM a hard fork. It could still be mined by itself, though, too
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:56:08 AM

Perfect candidate for merged mining is Benjamins [BEN] !
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:00:14 AM

We were discussing doing a merged mining pool when we launch Paysha and mining every coin on there at the same time. Someone would have to add merged mining to both DIEM and Benjamin's then to be aux to BTC

Its already built in to NMC and PPC

Carpe Diem Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:13:14 AM

Still giving free DIEM on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwz0T-2kkEk
profitus

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:40:10 AM

Let me start by saying I support DIEM, and that's not going to change... I can see where imaginary_coinputer is coming from, and he has a point concerning securing the blockchain. I know it's taboo to mention a competitor's coin, but look at blackcoin for example. Since mining is out, POS took the reigns, freeing the miners to seek profits at the multipool. The blockchain is free from 51%, transactions keep processing, miners get stake+multipool proceeds, profit all-around. When it comes to consumer money, whether it be from a merchant, customer, miner, or whomever, all possible avenues of security should be addressed rather that put on the back-burner. If a loose end comes about that can be easily fixed, simply patch it up and keep it moving. In this situation, you have a perfect opportunity to prevent a 51% (whether it was going to happen or not) and give miners/holders a double-win.

Not taking sides here, but I'm simply thinking from a miner's perspective. Mining incentive is being downplayed here where it should be held in the highest regard alongside security, of course. As a miner, I point my hardware to something profitable; a win-win for the blockchain and the miner. Sure, there will be idealists that don't mind mining just to keep a coin alive for a little pocket change, but why depend on them when you don't have to? Sure, there are malicious blackhats that will do what they can to kill a coin. Why leave the coin open to a 51% when you don't have to? I don't know about you, but I shut and lock my door when I leave my home  Grin Leaving it open because I'm in a "good neighborhood" doesn't cut it for me.

Other than that, the community support is great, keep up the good work

Member of the Coffeecoin Foundation
CFC Development Donation Fund - CFXhJekr9DXBqaVPRzmXBRQeGUevXg3umf
Carpe Diem Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:49:05 AM

Let me start by saying I support DIEM, and that's not going to change... I can see where imaginary_coinputer is coming from, and he has a point concerning securing the blockchain. I know it's taboo to mention a competitor's coin, but look at blackcoin for example. Since mining is out, POS took the reigns, freeing the miners to seek profits at the multipool. The blockchain is free from 51%, transactions keep processing, miners get stake+multipool proceeds, profit all-around. When it comes to consumer money, whether it be from a merchant, customer, miner, or whomever, all possible avenues of security should be addressed rather that put on the back-burner. If a loose end comes about that can be easily fixed, simply patch it up and keep it moving. In this situation, you have a perfect opportunity to prevent a 51% (whether it was going to happen or not) and give miners/holders a double-win.

Not taking sides here, but I'm simply thinking from a miner's perspective. Mining incentive is being downplayed here where it should be held in the highest regard alongside security, of course. As a miner, I point my hardware to something profitable; a win-win for the blockchain and the miner. Sure, there will be idealists that don't mind mining just to keep a coin alive for a little pocket change, but why depend on them when you don't have to? Sure, there are malicious blackhats that will do what they can to kill a coin. Why leave the coin open to a 51% when you don't have to? I don't know about you, but I shut and lock my door when I leave my home  Grin Leaving it open because I'm in a "good neighborhood" doesn't cut it for me.

We are setting the transactions at 1 DIEM per miner when they get paid out of the multipool. Let us get that running, see how those numbers play out, and go from there. I can tell you that POS isn't the solution. If we need to raise transaction fees, we can do that, but I think the plan we have going will have much better results than you guys think
profitus

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:50:18 AM

I might be underestimating, of course, but seeing how destabilizing low network hashrate can be ...
Blockchain splits into multiple forks, exchanges start dropping the coin and it's over very fast.
Also how do you know if we are not under 51% attack already? Do we have any service to monitor and react?
Might take days to spot, and than days to rollback.

Chicken and egg problem:
You can only have lots of transactions (and big fees to secure the network) if you have a lot of demand for using DIEM.
But to build demand, we need a stable long term platform (lots of transactions and fees).
Right now we have neither. Building multipool increases both demand side and network security/fees side, but just orders of magnitude less than what is needed (viral growth).

You were very insightful posting bounties for viral videos from the start. The only coin which achieved viral growth is doge, and thats because they already reused the viral growth component - the doge meme. Other coins which did well on the demand side are all generating mainstream press articles: bitcoin, dogecoin, auroracoin.

If anyone has any ideas how to get on BBC or CNN, please come forward and claim those 500 million DIEM  Smiley

To get big names like that would take big moves by the coin. We can learn from other coins and build on top of that; no need to reinvent the wheel there. Pretty-up the logo, host major fundraisers, that kind of thing. I think a nice, themed fundraiser would be a great start. To get some creative juices flowing, browse some "Faith in humanity: restored" media.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:52:36 AM

Well we will have a mention of DIEM in the Paysha press release which will be blasted onto many big name sites

profitus

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:59:06 AM

We are setting the transactions at 1 DIEM per miner when they get paid out of the multipool. Let us get that running, see how those numbers play out, and go from there. I can tell you that POS isn't the solution. If we need to raise transaction fees, we can do that, but I think the plan we have going will have much better results than you guys think

POS isn't always the end-all-be-all solution, just an example. I am curious as to your reasons why you feel so strongly against it, though. I am glad that you're trying to tackle the problem in some form or another.  Grin

Carpe Diem Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:05:49 AM

POS isn't always the end-all-be-all solution, just an example. I am curious as to your reasons why you feel so strongly against it, though. I am glad that you're trying to tackle the problem in some form or another.  Grin

If we added POS to an 8 second coin, I can guarantee we would have large forks in the future
profitus

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:30:23 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 02:41:41 AM by profitus

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_Commons

Here's an interesting read, based on the situation.

Merge mining really seems like the best alternative that I can think of, if you can get past the mismatched block time issue. Our blockchain still gets processed and the proceeds of the other coin(s) can still be converted to DIEM.

I propose that the scrypt-side of the multipool be "most profitable" and the SHA-side be merge mined (multiple or most profitable). Does that sound like a viable solution?

Carpe Diem Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:44:13 AM

Merge mining really seems like the best alternative that I can think of, if you can get past the mismatched block time issue. Our blockchain still gets processed and the proceeds of the other coin(s) can still be converted to DIEM.

I propose that the scrypt-side of the multipool be "most profitable" and the SHA-side be merge mined (multiple or most profitable). Does that sound like a viable solution?

The multipool is only for Scrypt, to encourage SHA miners to stay on DIEM
imaginary_coinputer

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:39:06 AM

Mining incentive = Block chain security = Coin usage

8 seconds per block is amazing!
If it can be stable at this speed, secure and liquid there could be growth in billions!

But how can people put their millions in it if double spending on DIEM costs 1000$ or less?
POW, POS any other GOOD security implementation protecting from double spend can send this coin to coinmarketcap top #10.

Do you want to get that CARPE DIEM boat or not?

https://i.imgur.com/3NFM0cc.jpg
imaginary_coinputer

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:47:19 AM

So mining incentive on sha will be merge mining some other coin and DIEM together? Get paid in merge mined coin and bootstrap DIEM?
Which coin can we get for a tea and "merge mine" with? Do we need a new one or just convince a coin to fork?

I don't want to plug fusion coin too much, but it has merge mining both on scrypt and sha, which could be a perfect solution for us, no need to wait for multipool even.

We could make an alliance of 3 coins DIEM, Fusion, and some innovative scrypt coin which could add to total network security and features.

Is that kind of thing possible?
Carpe Diem Coin (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:56:59 AM

Nothing is going to happen until rewards hit 0 and the multipool is done. Merged mining with BTC would be the only thing we do if there is a fork, but we will just increase transaction fees prior to forking if we need to
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: