Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DIEM] CarpeDiemCoin Ҩ 8 Sec Ҩ Scrypt and SHA Multipool ARE NOW LIVE!!  (Read 42644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Carpe Diem Coin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:14:46 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 02:23:10 AM by Carpe Diem Coin

Thread moved here due to 70+ pages of clutter
      Buying Carpe Diem Coins

MULTIPOOL NOW LIVE FOR BOTH SCRYPT AND SHA

Merchant Services

*NEW* DIEM Forum

DIEM Community IRC

Carpe Diem Coin on YouTube
      Carpe diem is an aphorism usually translated "seize the day"
      From a poem written in the Odes in 23 BC by the Latin poet Horace

What does Carpe Diem have to do with virtual currencies?
      Great question! Carpe Diem, seize the day, inspired this coin. By taking advantage of today instead of waiting for tomorrow, you will ensure yourself a stronger stake in the DIEM block chain. With block reward halvings every day and only 8 second blocks, DIEM aims to corner both the long-term investor market, as well as the merchant interest with extremely fast transactions and an ASIC backed network for added security

Won't 8 second blocks have tons of forks at launch?
      We knew 8 second blocks were going to be what merchants needed, but it leaves us open to a launch full of miniforks, as many coins have done in the past. Those were also Scrypt, not SHA, and ASIC mining at launch brought another factor we had to use in our math. In the end, we chose a very fast difficulty retarget, active on launch to avoid instant mining, and set up the network a little different prior to launch

When setting up the initial seednodes, we actually mined 1 block per node (16 blocks) at 40,000 DIEM each instead of the standard 1,000,000, also using standard BTC diff retarget so it would stay at launch difficulty. This was our "safe guard" to ensure no mini forks on launch. After those first blocks were mined, we took the entire network down and forked the coin to properly reward 1,000,000 DIEM each, and implemented our difficulty retargeting. Essentially, we hard coded a hard fork to DIEM and launched with the post fork clients. This is why you won't see the fork in the code, but a block explorer will verify all of this

Anyway, why did we do these extra steps? Simple. When connecting to the network for the first time, your client had to go through either the seed nodes or proper, synced nodes, and "checkpoint" the first few blocks at different rewards. This way if someone got a minifork from block 1, they would not be able to continue due to no connections, which also stops that node from spreading any misinformation

As you have all seen, it worked flawlessly. Even with the huge hash rate fluctuations of the first day of a coin, we STILL were only 45 minutes ahead of schedule, thanks to our planning and difficulty retargeting

TL:DR; DIEM didn't fork once, even with ASIC mining and 8 second blocks and the difficulty is working perfectly. Flawless launch and difficulty adjustments

Translation
      Carpe is the second-person singular present active imperative of carpō, "pick or pluck," used by Ovid to mean "enjoy, seize, use, make use of". Diem is the accusative case of the noun "dies", that means "day". A less literal translation of "Carpe diem" would thus be "enjoy the day" or "pluck the day [as it is ripe]"

Original usage from Odes 1.11, in Latin and English:
      Tu ne quaesieris, scire nefas, quem mihi, quem tibi finem di dederint, Leuconoe, nec Babylonios temptaris numeros. ut melius, quidquid erit, pati. seu pluris hiemes seu tribuit Iuppiter ultimam, quae nunc oppositis debilitat pumicibus mare Tyrrhenum. Sapias, vina liques et spatio brevi spem longam reseces. dum loquimur, fugerit invida aetas: carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
      ---
      Don't ask (it's forbidden to know) what end the gods have given me or you, Leuconoe. Don't play with Babylonian numerology either. How much better it is to endure whatever will be! Whether Jupiter has allotted you many more winters or this one, which even now wears out the Tyrrhenian sea on the opposing rocks, is the final one — be wise, be truthful, strain the wine, and scale back your long hopes to a short period. While we speak, envious time will have {already} fled: seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the next (day).

Carpe Diem concept
      Perhaps the first written expression of the concept is the advice given by Siduri to Gilgamesh, telling him to forgo his mourning and embrace life although some scholars see it as simply urging Gilgamesh to abandon his mourning, "reversing the liminal rituals of mourning and returning to the normal and normative behaviors of Mesopotamian society."

Meaning
      In Horace, the phrase is part of the longer Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero, which can be translated as "Seize the day, put very little trust in tomorrow (/the future)". The ode says that the future is unforeseen and that one should not leave to chance future happenings, but rather one should do all one can today to make one's future better. This phrase is usually understood against Horace's Epicurean background. It is important to note that the "Carpe diem" phrase is often misinterpreted and misused in contemporary popular culture, to justify reckless behaviour ("you only live once"). However, the meaning of Carpe diem is not to ignore the future, but rather not to trust that everything is going to fall into place for you and taking action for the future today.

CarpDiemCoin.org

Carpe Diem Clients

Carpe Diem Block Explorers

Merchant Services

DIEM Cold Storage

Exchanging Carpe Diem Coins

Carpe Diem Mining Pools

Quick Coin Specs
        • Port: 6480
        • Symbol: DIEM
        • Algo: SHA-256
        • Mined DIEM Confirmations: 120
        • Coin target block time: 8 Seconds
        • Block reward halves once per day
        • Initial block reward: 1,000,000 DIEM For the First Day
        • Total coin supply: 21.6 billion DIEM
        • No premine
        Blocks will be fast, so get ready to go!!

DIEM Community IRC

*NEW* DIEM Forum

QQ Group

Facebook Giveaway

Reddit

DIEM Services and Games

DIEM Faucet

Community Bounties
        • ABE Block Explorer: 250,000 DIEM
        • Create a Paper Wallet: 100,000 DIEM
        • First two online games: 1,000,000 DIEM each
        • Get CarpeDiemCoin on the front page of Reddit: 1,000,000 DIEM
        • Create awesome Youtube video about CarpeDiemCoin (30 Seconds Max): 50,000 DIEM
        • Create a Viral Video about CarpeDiemCoin (Use your insane side), 100,000+ Views: 300,000 DIEM
        • Carpe Diem Coin Android Wallet: 15,000,000 DIEM
        • Carpe Diem Original Memes: 1000 DIEM sent to the DIEM address in your signature per picture that makes me laugh

Community Contributions
        If anyone wants to contribute to bounties, here's an address: 19nW2uLr9m5S5ngAEGqvudf9LLSiTNk6Vt
        Please don't feel like you have to, only send some if you want to. Thanks mates!

Sample carpediemcoin.conf
        [/list][/list][/list]
        Code:
        server=1
        listen=1
        daemon=1
        rpcuser=yourusername
        rpcpassword=yourpassword
        rpcport=6480
        rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
        addnode=162.243.85.72
        addnode=162.243.105.94
        addnode=162.243.228.207

MULTIPOOL NOW LIVE FOR BOTH SCRYPT AND SHA
        Gonzodamus

Activity: 27
        Merit: 0

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 02:18:07 AM

Good call Smiley  Huzzah for Diem!
        Nthused
        Legendary

Activity: 1554
        Merit: 1001

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 02:18:14 AM

Go DIEM !

Let's Show These Ponies !
        Carpe Diem Coin (OP)

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 02:18:52 AM

Sorry guys. This way I can remove the threats of physical harm that a certain someone has been posting to other forum members
        provenceday
        Legendary

Activity: 1148
        Merit: 1000

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 02:19:42 AM

start from beginning.  Smiley
        tripppn

Activity: 756
        Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
        March 25, 2014, 02:20:00 AM

I like it here.  It's so clean!

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
        ― Frank Zappa
        iGotSpots
        Legendary

Activity: 2548
        Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
        March 25, 2014, 02:22:40 AM

Very smart decision on the new thread

provenceday
        Legendary

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 02:23:18 AM
        Last edit: March 25, 2014, 03:37:35 AM by provenceday

facebook , twitter, reddit and other website giveaway bonus

Anybody who want start a giveaway at twitter or facebook and other website, i will give you 1 million carpe diem coin

0.8 million for giveaway(at least  giveaway 10 people)
        0.2 million for yourself(hope you can do what you promise Smiley thanks)

how to start?

1  PM me(send me a personal message,do not leave address on this main thread)  your diem address and give away link
        2  quote this message and tell us the giveaway link

enjoy the free diem, and seize the day! Smiley

tripppn

Activity: 756
        Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
        March 25, 2014, 02:23:25 AM

Thanks to the dumps I'm up to a quarter billion cheap DIEM.  Island just got bigger!!!  

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
        ― Frank Zappa
        Mimon

Activity: 36

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 02:23:39 AM

tonight is looking good for us guys! tomorrow even better~!

GO GO GO GO DIEM!
        TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462
        Merit: 250

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 02:27:56 AM

So glad were rid of that leech. im sure he will pop in only to be blasted away Smiley
        Carpe Diem Coin (OP)

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 02:33:29 AM

Yes, now we can have actual discussion. If he posts in here, please don't respond and if you do, don't quote him so it can be removed in one click  Smiley
        andyatcrux
        Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 02:54:14 AM

Anybody reading the old thread will clearly see why this was necessary. I have seen a lot of arguing in threads, but this was definitely the strangest behavior i have seen from any member of the forum. The site admins seem to be completely ignoring it, which is odd because I got scolded for saying figuratively that everyone would be "calling for the head" of Mark Karpeles. My post was deleted. mine2slow seems to have free reign to violate the forum rules and the law. Nice to have a fresh start.
        kbroadfoot
        Legendary

Activity: 1302

Bass Player

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 03:27:54 AM

Hello DIEM folks...

I am enjoying your launch...  I hope it all works well...

Here is my DIEM address:   13zbPMRDdBvAuR8nZKE2UcUXMJocASbRXn

As you can see I am PMC supporter... come by and say hello.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=427519.0

Aloha!

12345mm

Activity: 406
        Merit: 250

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 03:30:35 AM

Am hoping this diem thing gets big in future - I'll be holding  Smiley  If nothing else its fun to have 10s of thousands of something  Tongue

Great giveaways from the traders on polo  Smiley

19y66k1spvgba4imWe7WkKm9h5VgnWHN3Z

Coinbase Is THE Place to Buy Your Bitcoins! https://coinbase.com/?r=528a0de17f383142df00040c&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link Sign Up For Cryptsy! Trade Alts! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=15696
        BTC:   1Mrr2cPbZc4nmV236AS31vdCP24J9TbJpo   LTC:   LV5UoExrVxU3ddrCKCMZ2Wx5odbkUf7JhT
        I Like Free Magic Internet Money! Smiley My Cryptsy Trade Key: ad89bb4885a1f92eb7efd5db30412676673ded0e
        provenceday
        Legendary

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 03:34:54 AM

Am hoping this diem thing gets big in future - I'll be holding  Smiley  If nothing else its fun to have 10s of thousands of something  Tongue

Great giveaways from the traders on polo  Smiley

19y66k1spvgba4imWe7WkKm9h5VgnWHN3Z

do not leave address on this thread, you can pm me for some free coin
        provenceday
        Legendary

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 03:38:26 AM

Hello DIEM folks...

I am enjoying your launch...  I hope it all works well...

Here is my DIEM address:   13zbPMRDdBvAuR8nZKE2UcUXMJocASbRXn

As you can see I am PMC supporter... come by and say hello.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=427519.0

Aloha!

do not leave address on this main thread, you can PM me for some free coin!!!
        harlequin

Activity: 14

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 03:41:22 AM

Lovin' the community "feel" guys - great stuff - not felt this way about a coin in a long time.
        Plus it's always a bonus having a responsive and polite dev around.
        Carpe Diem Coin (OP)

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 03:46:07 AM

Lovin' the community "feel" guys - great stuff - not felt this way about a coin in a long time.

Sent you some to the address in your sig for the kind words. Thanks and welcome aboard!!
        provenceday
        Legendary

View Profile
        March 25, 2014, 03:47:33 AM

sent some DIEM to you for your support!
        Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
          Print  

Jump to: