Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:05:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SmartHashing.us -> Gridseed Accessories For Sale & Hosting News/Discussion  (Read 11623 times)
smarthashing (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 04:37:21 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 06:54:17 PM by smarthashing

Up to 25 working on one Pi now. 32 working now... it's time to go for the gold... 49+...  Grin

I apologize this is taking so long. I got done hooking everything up and there was a short in the system... I had to unhook everything and now I'm adding units 4 at a time to find the faulty connection. I am making progress though. Thanks for being patient.

DIY guys I'm not going to have log in setup until tonight, sorry about that. Please PM me pool info and I will get you setup as soon as I can.

Thanks
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:56:22 PM

50 Easy mode hosted units are now hashing. Only ~17 left to go and all easy mode miners are hashing.

1 out of 2 DIY hosting accounts are hashing. I am awaiting pool info for the 2nd one.

We have 15 extra Gridseeds in stock that were ordered in batch 1 which can ship out tomorrow. PM me and I'll make you a good deal.

Thanks
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:39:10 AM

50 Easy mode hosted units are now hashing. Only ~17 left to go and all easy mode miners are hashing.

1 out of 2 DIY hosting accounts are hashing. I am awaiting pool info for the 2nd one.

We have 15 extra Gridseeds in stock that were ordered in batch 1 which can ship out tomorrow. PM me and I'll make you a good deal.

Thanks

What pool did you go with, and is there any way we can see our units hash rate in action?

Also when can we expect to receive the refunds for the difference in unit price?

Thanks.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:58:27 AM

Thanks

What pool did you go with, and is there any way we can see our units hash rate in action?

Also when can we expect to receive the refunds for the difference in unit price?

Thanks.

I'll be able to do refunds this weekend when it slows down a bit. I've still got a lot to do to get Batch 1 fully setup.

We are here: http://clevermining.com/users/1NoSqFgsexazNDncU1ArWnBA7fewrtaFnR

Getting a lot of rejects.. I think I need to reduce the number of units per Pi. Right now I have 25.. they DIY rig that only has 15 is getting much lower rejects, so I think by bringing the two that have 25 down to 20 should help a lot.
lae

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 11:18:35 AM

Someone overclocked their Gridseed with the following results:

800MHz=340kh/s
850MHz=361kh/s
900MHz=383kh/s
950MHz=404kh/s
1000MHz=425kh/s

Though I don't know what his wattage was like/etc.

I think you mentioned OCing in the previous thread. Are you still considering it/have you tried to so far?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:47:38 PM

Someone overclocked their Gridseed with the following results:

800MHz=340kh/s
850MHz=361kh/s
900MHz=383kh/s
950MHz=404kh/s
1000MHz=425kh/s

Though I don't know what his wattage was like/etc.

I think you mentioned OCing in the previous thread. Are you still considering it/have you tried to so far?
Yes will likely keep it around 850 mhz

----------

I started making some headway last night, but I fell aslep here at the office! I have been up almost two days straight trying to get this stuff to work. It now seems almost impossible with the current state of mining clients for Gridseeds to run more than  24 or so on one Pi. I got tired of messing around with the hashra image and scripta. I built cgminer from source about right before I fell asleep and was able to get cgminger to see 52 Gridseeds. cgminer launches in this instance and acts like it's working, but no work was being submitted. :\

Today I am going to focus on just building a lot of smaller systems and getting everything up and running. I was really hoping to get as many per Pi as possible due to expandability issues and costs, but it's just not going to work right now. I hope a better mining client is released in the near future that can handle more of these. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to run 49+ like I had originally planned.

Sorry for the delay, I've been working really hard. Before I fell asleep last night I had been up for almost 24 hours troubleshooting. Just know I'm working on it and I'll get us up and running as soon as possible!! I even had some help show up last night.. my friend who is good with computers. It is simply technically impossible at this point in time to do much more than 24 per Pi unfortunately. It's time to move on and just get everything running. Smiley

Thanks
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:13:42 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 09:47:02 PM by CoinHoarder

Ok, well I should of tried this earlier but the high rejection rate problem we were experiencing was with the pool clevermining.com

I have switched us over to coinshift as suggested earlier and we are running well with only ~3.7% error rate, which is very respectable.

http://coinshift.com/account/1NoSqFgsexazNDncU1ArWnBA7fewrtaFnR/

It will take a while for the pool to update and I'm going to play around with it a little bit more before getting all the other units up and running, but I feel like changing pools solved all of our biggest problems. We currently have 27 per Pi and it seems to be functioning flawlessy. We tried another 10 port hub at the end of the chain, but 6 ports in teh last hub didn't work and bfgminer froze.

Just thought I'd share the good news..

Back to work & Thanks.. sorry for the delay
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 06:38:06 AM

In stock units ON SALE ONLY THIS WEEKEND!!!
$184.99 including shipping (only to the USA). There are currently 25 units in stock and they will ship out by the next business day as soon as they are paid for. They come with no accessories, so please be prepared as to making sure you have everything you need. Check out the accessory section of our store or one of the package deals to get an idea of what you'll need.

Batch Status Update:
Batch 1: Ordered on Saturday and received on Wednesday
Batch 2: Ordered on Wednesday and received on Friday
Batch 3: Accepting orders

Quick Delivery:
We're very excited about the quick delivery time of our supplier from China! We feel the wait times listed on our website are very conservative.. only if there is a problem of some type will we need to wait 5-10 business days to get equipment. We just put 5-10 business days so that in case there is a problem, everyone knows that is a possibility from the get go.

Hosting Status:
Most units that are to be hosted and delivered are running. It took us a while, but we now have over 100 running stable. Please bear with us as we bring all of them online, I expect all of batch 1 and 2 to be up and stable by tomorrow. We made a lot of progress today and Easy mode hosting is now pushing upwards of 30 Mh.  Grin

All DIY rigs from Batch 1 are working. Log in is not available at his time, but if you would like to change your pool info or clock speed please contact us.

24 Packs and greater have been removed from the store
After receiving batch 1 we have realized that the Gridseeds/Firmware/Mining Clients have a maximum of about 27 Gridseeds on one Raspberry Pi. All of our prices were figured out using a number of being able to run 49 Gridseeds on one Pi, thus all of our larger packages were affected. We decided just to stick with the smaller packages for now, but if you are interested in something bigger we can certainly make it happen. After building a large cluster for our hosting clients, we are well aware of the logistics involved with starting a large farm.

Batch 1 partial refund:
Because were so awesome, we are refunding you the difference in between our original batch 1 price and the actual price we paid for it. Although we are committed to seeing this through and making out customers happy, please bear with us as we are still extremely busy. There are more hosted units to be sent out, DIY mining mode needs to be setup and the network secured, a couple packages to test and ship out on Monday, order new accessories that we are running low on.. The list literally goes on and on. We promise to get refunds done as soon is convenient and after all of the immediate priorities like getting people up and hashing are taken care of.

Thank you all!
bitmutiny

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:09:34 PM

Checking up on shipping status of my 24 pack w/ accessories.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:03:23 PM

Checking up on shipping status of my 24 pack w/ accessories.

You have a PM
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:09:10 PM

Cool!  Refunds are awesome.  How much BTC are we looking at per unit?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:09:39 PM

Cool!  Refunds are awesome.  How much BTC are we looking at per unit?

For you (from memory I think you paid $185 each), it will be $10 a unit. Those that paid $190 when the group buy was being organized and I was still getting prices.. it will be $15 a unit.
fedge

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 10:06:39 PM

Can you send my invoice so I can get my order in for the 8pack?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:26:13 PM

Can you send my invoice so I can get my order in for the 8pack?

Done- Thanks
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 06:28:50 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 07:01:57 AM by smarthashing

Current Deals:
- 20 Gridseeds with no accessories - Straight from China to you in 3 to 5 days - $3,599.99
- In stock Gridseeds with no accessories - Can be hosted or not, please specify when ordering - $184.99
- Gridseed with no accessory pre-order - Please allow 3-5 business days before we are able to ship to you - $174.99

Random News:
- We will ship internationally, just contact us with what you want and we will give you a quote. Shipping is complicated to setup in the store and our margins are very low, so shipping needs to be exact or else we just paid for you to acquire equipment.
- We take Paypal on a case by case scenario, please make sure you have a verified shipping address, then contact us with what you're interested in.
- All of Batch 1 & 2 is shipped or hosted.
- We made a slight error when setting up the Easy mode farm at first- CoinHoarder had been up something like 30+ hours straight setting up the farm and accidentally put some units on the wrong pool. This will explain the drop in hash power from yesterday to today.
- There are currently 155 Gridseeds being hosted at our location.
- Our prices might go up in the near future- or we might start charging for shipping.. one of the two. We're hardly breaking even on some items after expenses and shipping, even losing money in some cases. With the amount of work this is taking, our profit needs to be worthwhile. We could all go get a job flipping burgers and we'd be making about the same as we are doing this- and it would be A LOT less stressful! We kept the cost of hosted units low for a while for hosting space to fill up to cover our expenses, but that is becoming less of a necessity with every order. Again, order now if you're thinking about doing it soon as all prices are subject to change.
- As promised... picture time!

*blushes at the mess of wires and leaning towers of Gridseeds*

Our main priority the past few days has been getting all Gridseeds up and running. We're happy to report all Batch 1 & 2 Gridseeds are currently hosted or shipped!!! Our next focus will be organizing the farm including the layout and all of the wires. We will do this on a rig by rig scenario, so as little downtime as possible is had by all.

Please note: That power cables and USB hubs we ship out to customers are nicer than some of the ones we are using for hosted units. We bought a big box of really cheap USB hubs, so if one malfunctions we can simply replace it. Since our customers won't have that luxury we use quality Rosewill USB hubs for our retail orders, and also the ATX power cables that ship out will have heat shrinked connections and cable sleeves.

When the lights go out:
https://i.imgur.com/mdMTFRy.png

The whole farm (well... most of it):
https://i.imgur.com/g8Y62WP.png

Wholesale Gridseed boxes:
https://i.imgur.com/ubvXj3E.png

Top Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/C8vlyGD.png

Next Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/s4ZHwkp.png

Next Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/uMrWem8.png

Bottom Shelf:
https://i.imgur.com/gXqAHPs.jpg

There's even Gridseeds under the desk!!
https://i.imgur.com/PGEz4tK.png

Thanks to all for a great start! Even though it was frustrating at times, we enjoyed setting everything up! Please let us know if you have any problems or questions.

Thanks again,

The Smart Hashing Team
fedge

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:37:40 PM

You don't want to cheap out on the power supplies.  Never ever ever.  My father used to work for IBM as a hdd test frame builder/designer.  The power supplies they got to run those 24/7 testers were the best they could budget for to make sure they never had to debug bad power.

I am going to use a used corsair psu on my set up, until I get a new one and test it out for stability.  I read a lot of stories online about burn outs from the cheaper psu that others were using.  That is too much of a risk on investment.  Some people lost the whole farm... maybe those users can't wire up a light bulb and that was the problem.  We have all made stupid assembly mistakes.  I recently wrecked hardware having a screw out of alignment with the video cards. I would suggest group buys stay away from those psu.  Doing the atx route is safer for the customer in the end--supply a decent set of hookup cables and let the customer get their psu inline themselves.

I would suggest those metal racks with mfd shelves that go together with slotted tabs (found at menards and lowels for about 50 to 60 usd) hold way more weight per shelf and you can bolt them to the wall so no boob tips them over.  I used them for fish tank racks and they never collapsed with 300llb of water weight on each shelf. I did upgrade the wood to 3/4" plywood wrapped in plastic to prevent water damage.  Maybe ditch the wood shelfs and just run a wire lattice in the metal frame to cradle all the gridseed in rows so they are easier to swap out for maintenance.  Eventually you will need to figure out where gridseed 2000 is if it fails.  I see some people spending as much on the racks as the servers they go into.. not necessary.

I don't envy the wire management problem.  with my small order it will be easier than that farm.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:06:15 PM

Hey Fedge,

I understand where you're coming from. Let me explain the decision on the PSUs.

- Although they are a bit cheaper than the top of the line PSUs, this PSU has very good customer ratings
- The power savings from a bronze rated PSU compared to a gold rated PSU is minimal
- In my experience the top of the line PSUs are simply overpriced compared to what you can get on the next tier down
- This PSU can run a lot of amperage on the 12v lines which is good for running a lot of Gridseeds.. almost the whole PSUs wattage can be pulled from the 12v lines.

My buddy, who is a gaming enthusiast, was helping me setup had never heard of Kingwin either. After setting these up and looking at them in person he said he was going to buy these for his next PC build- he was that impressed. Although they may not be top of the line super expensive PSUs, I feel like they are pretty good quality. Definately a step up from the cheapo industrial regulated PSUs other Gridseed suppliers are using.

I usually use metal wire shelves, but I was trying to save a buck. I may end up replacing those all together and just using them for boxes of accessories etc. It is actually plastic shelving, and as you can see in the pictures the shelves are not completely even which caused some of the towers of Gridseeds to kind of lean to one side or another. They have been running for more than 24-48 hours now and have not moved much, so I think they are fine stability wise, but if I need to troubleshoot or move something around it's going to be a PITA. So... I agree with you the shelving could use an upgrade.

Yes.. with so many wires it's hard to organize everything! After setting everything up it has allowed me to get a better idea of how to do it better. I will definitely be organizing everything a bit more.

We have another busy day ahead of us! All of our ATX power cables are made by hand, so we are going to get together and bang a bunch of them out so that we have a small stockpile. Making the cables is the most time consuming part of getting a package together and setting up the hosted equipment, so it will be nice to have a lot of them made!

Thanks & take care,

Will

mingophoria

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:43:37 PM

I would like to get a set of 10 units gridseedminers including accesories shipping to EU. How much will it cost including shipping .Can you please pm me your best offer. Thanks

Free BITCOINS N LITECOINS in your wallet everyday.
http://qoinpro.com/7314e7c13b16ece2e726a1e32650cd4a
"Pass the Flutter": F8WQXnNgmN9EpN3PWrztrNgDvmLpCjQudD
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:29:39 AM

Thanks for the updates. Since we are hashing now

- How Often will be the payments for the Easy Mining Asics, and how you would calculate them.
- I haven't set or been asked for any BTC address for the payments, should I send it to you via PM or you are going to make some kind of a page within smarthashing for the Easy Mining users.
bitmutiny

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:10:59 AM

Received USPS tracking for 24 pack with accessories today! Can't wait to get them!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: