Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:33:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SmartHashing.us -> Gridseed Accessories For Sale & Hosting News/Discussion  (Read 11623 times)
smarthashing (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 01:07:05 AM

Thanks for the updates. Since we are hashing now

- How Often will be the payments for the Easy Mining Asics, and how you would calculate them.
- I haven't set or been asked for any BTC address for the payments, should I send it to you via PM or you are going to make some kind of a page within smarthashing for the Easy Mining users.

We were planning on sending out payments once a month, however we would rather everyone have their own pool account- that way you get paid from mining instantly (depending on the pool you choose) and we are not liable for your money. Instead of taking hosting fees out of the miner's income, it would be paid monthly by each client. We are looking into getting some sort of interface that would allow you to change pools, request that your units be sold and the funds forwarded, and pay hosting fees and keep track of them. If the hosting fees aren't paid, we will need to switch your units over to our pool to pay them and we will contact you whether you want to end the hosting arrangement, sell your units, or keep going with us!

Honestly the web interface is kind of a long ways off, but it is something we are working towards. For now everyone that ordered in Batch 1 & 2 will share the same pool account. Your orders arrived within a couple days of each other and were all setup and running relatively at the same time seeing as though there were some issues the first day or so. We will request your BTC addresses soon if you haven't submitted it already. We're not sure there's much of a point in sending out a payment for a few days of mining, but if you guys want it we will do it. Otherwise, we were planning on waiting until the end of April. It will be like: [ (Number of easy mining ASICs) / (Total income of all easy mining asics) ] x (Number of units you have hosted). This way down time on one certain unit is shared by the group. We're not quite sure what we're going to do with failing equipment, but we don't feel like it's fair to say to someone "sorry, a unit burned up.. you're the unlucky one that has to take the hit." That just doesn't seem right, so pooling all easy hosted mining units together seems like the sensible thing to do.
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:37:55 AM

So who's part of the smarthashing team?

Coinhoarder I thought you had a day job also?

Did you add a female to the team?
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:15:29 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 02:39:22 AM by smarthashing

So who's part of the smarthashing team?

Coinhoarder I thought you had a day job also?

Did you add a female to the team?

I've been getting some of my family and friends to help on an as needed basis. My friend is the only buddy I've known for a long time that is also into crypto. He is very smart and knows his way around computers and programming. He is pretty useful. My family helps me do things like assemble coins for cryptovest, they started recently answeing some emails and PMs, and also making some of these awesome cables I'm about to post pictures of. I would prefer they take over shipping, etc. too, as they helped me out a lot with that when I was selling coins with CryptoVest.

The problem is I can't afford much help right now.. I mean I only received 3 orders last week and they were mostly quite small for 1 unit! It's hard for me to compete with the larger Gridseed suppliers, so it is what it is. It's funny that you mention it, I do need to go back to my day job for a while due to lack of sales. I had enthusiastic intentions when starting this venture that it would do OK enough to take a break from work for a while. Let's just say that I'm not making the bills. This venture somewhat falling on its face reminded me that I do have a good job that I do not want to lose, so I better get back to it. This will remain a part time venture for me in the near term future. I am determined to press on though, I'm locked into a rental agreement so I will continue to make this work part time.

We are not going anywhere, we will be hosting the Gridseeds that are already sold and finishing out customer's orders. We will still have Gridseed accessories for sale in the store (we will likely have a big sale on them soon). We are going to regroup, and we will get back to providing mining equipment sales and hosting for good prices shortly. Look at this as just a slight pause.
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:24:50 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 02:47:00 AM by smarthashing

Available now in the store. Please allow 3 business days until we can ship, these are made by hand and it takes almost a hour to make one PCIe cable!!

The sleeving for the larger part was the wrong size, so heat shrink will be used instead until that gets here- as pictured.

Gridseed Scrypt ATX PCIe Adapter: Can power 12 Gridseeds in Scrypt mode
https://i.imgur.com/2aq7nML.jpg

Gridseed Scrypt ATX Molex Adapter: Can power 4 Gridseeds in Scrypt mode and 4 accessories (USB hubs, can be altered to run Pi, etc.)
https://i.imgur.com/7XwEReq.jpg

Warning:
1. Do not use the PCIe adapter on a 8 pin CPU aka. EPS power connector from your PSU. Yes it will fit, but you will fry your Gridseeds. The EPS power adapters will have orange heat shrink and the PCIe adapters will have black heat shrink so you can tell the difference. Furthermore, PCIe adapters only have 12 barrel plugs whereas EPS adapters have 16 barrel plugs.
2. Yellow heat shrink = Gridseed barrel plug & Orange (future versions will be red.. we ordered the wrong color) Heat Shrink = USB Hubs or 5v accessories
3. The 8 pin PCIe adapter also works with a 6 pin PCIe power cable. Just make sure to plug it into the right side. The difference inbetween an 8 pin PCIe and a 6 pin PCIe is that the 6 pin PCIe has two less ground wires (the black ones). So, when plugging in the Y adapter look for these extra grounds and plug the connector into the opposite side leaving the extra black grounds unconnected.
4. Scrypt mode only for these cables!! New cables will be here soon for dual mining!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:32:25 AM

By the way, if you didn't read the wall of texts above, we are suspending pre-orders of the Gridseed ASICs. Accessories still for sale.

There are 15 available in stock in the store, hosted or not, but that will be it for a little bit.

Thanks

PS: Lazy hosting guys.. I was tinkering around in the farm again today, sorry for the bit of down time. I rearranged some things and fixed a couple units.. a couple bad usb cables etc. It seems we have one RMA, which I will receive a refund for. That will go towards mining income.
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:50:04 PM

By the way, if you didn't read the wall of texts above, we are suspending pre-orders of the Gridseed ASICs. Accessories still for sale.

There are 15 available in stock in the store, hosted or not, but that will be it for a little bit.

Thanks

PS: Lazy hosting guys.. I was tinkering around in the farm again today, sorry for the bit of down time. I rearranged some things and fixed a couple units.. a couple bad usb cables etc. It seems we have one RMA, which I will receive a refund for. That will go towards mining income.

CH, can you provide lazy hosting guys with an alternate contact method (e-mail, reddit, etc.)? As you can see, bitcointalk is not always reliable and I would feel more comfortable having another way to reach you.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:46:53 PM

Sure, I'll PM you my personal email.

Thanks
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:32:13 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 05:28:19 AM by CoinHoarder

There are still 15 Gridseeds in stock, this will be all we have for a while so get 'em while we got 'em.

Easy Mining Update:

It seems we have an unstable rig. I am trying to narrow it down to which one it is, you will notice on coinshift our rigs are being separated into workers according to the color of their rapsberry pi's case. Smiley

So... we have teal, clear, and naked (poor guy doesn't have a case!) Edit: Naked was the culprit, changing out the Pi to see if it has any affect.. if not, I will separate its hubs in between two Pis. He has been replaced by 'white'.

All easy mode miners are mining on three pis with 24 to 27 gridseeds each.

I just got some more Pis in today, so I will try separating the trouble rig into two rigs to see if that helps any if my original plan doesn't work. My original plan consists of simply re-imaging the SD card and seeing how it works.

2nd Edit: All up and running fine now. Faulty USB hubs were at play. Those cheap ones don't work worth a crap. Luckily I got 10 more Rosewills in the mail today and replaced the hubs and wa lah. All is good again! It is odd though sometimes the cheap hubs work and sometimes they don't. It's hit or miss I guess. The rosewill hubs work awesome with Pis though.. no problems at all! Pushing 27-30 Mh in easy mode. Smiley
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:26:44 PM

There are still 15 Gridseeds in stock, this will be all we have for a while so get 'em while we got 'em.

Easy Mining Update:

It seems we have an unstable rig. I am trying to narrow it down to which one it is, you will notice on coinshift our rigs are being separated into workers according to the color of their rapsberry pi's case. Smiley

So... we have teal, clear, and naked (poor guy doesn't have a case!) Edit: Naked was the culprit, changing out the Pi to see if it has any affect.. if not, I will separate its hubs in between two Pis. He has been replaced by 'white'.

All easy mode miners are mining on three pis with 24 to 27 gridseeds each.

I just got some more Pis in today, so I will try separating the trouble rig into two rigs to see if that helps any if my original plan doesn't work. My original plan consists of simply re-imaging the SD card and seeing how it works.

2nd Edit: All up and running fine now. Faulty USB hubs were at play. Those cheap ones don't work worth a crap. Luckily I got 10 more Rosewills in the mail today and replaced the hubs and wa lah. All is good again! It is odd though sometimes the cheap hubs work and sometimes they don't. It's hit or miss I guess. The rosewill hubs work awesome with Pis though.. no problems at all! Pushing 27-30 Mh in easy mode. Smiley

I really hate to be "that guy", but ..... any update on those refunds?  Grin I know you said you'd have them out last weekend and I realize you had a really busy one with getting this setup - I can appreciate that. Just wondering if there's any date set for sending them out.
bitmutiny

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:26:27 AM

Received my 24 pack of gridseeds with accessories a day earlier than expected. Running half off the Pi and half off a laptop using windows 7. everything working great. had to mod the mini usb cables just a bit to fit correctly, but it took all of 5 minutes.

Each hashing at 361 out of the box. sweet! Thanks smarthashing!

smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:10:52 AM

Received my 24 pack of gridseeds with accessories a day earlier than expected. Running half off the Pi and half off a laptop using windows 7. everything working great. had to mod the mini usb cables just a bit to fit correctly, but it took all of 5 minutes.

Each hashing at 361 out of the box. sweet! Thanks smarthashing!

Thanks very much for your order, let us know if there's anything else we can do!
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:16:43 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 02:17:54 PM by smarthashing

Hi all,

We're happy to report all problems with the hosted equipment were knocked out last night and the farm has been running stable for over 24 hours. Also, we were also able to secure better pricing for the Gridseed ASICs from our original supplier and all Gridseed ASIC sales have been resumed. Our prices have been adjusted accordingly and we think you will find them very competitive. Let us know if you have any questions. To place an order, please visit our website: smarthashing.us

Edit: old pricing, see OP

We're happy to see some of the first retail orders making their way to their new homes. Let us know if we can be of any assistance if you have trouble getting up and running. It helps to order a Pi from the web store so everything comes pre-configured.

Thanks!
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:53:30 PM

Holy cow! I hadn't checked on the old GB thread in a while, and I completely missed this transformation into SmartHashing -- a great project, congratulations CH!

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:58:43 AM

Coinhoarder are you planning on using your forum?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:27:32 PM

Holy cow! I hadn't checked on the old GB thread in a while, and I completely missed this transformation into SmartHashing -- a great project, congratulations CH!

Hey! Glad you like it! Smiley

I'm not sure at this moment. They are technically Amdd's forums and he needs to manually authenticate people to let them join and post, so if I want to continue using his forums I will need to work something out with him. I haven't thought about it too much, but it is a possibility. For now I was just planning on using these forums.. most of the participants in this group buy already have access to those forums, so maybe it would be good.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:49:56 PM

I'm not sure at this moment. They are technically Amdd's forums and he needs to manually authenticate people to let them join and post, so if I want to continue using his forums I will need to work something out with him. I haven't thought about it too much, but it is a possibility. For now I was just planning on using these forums.. most of the participants in this group buy already have access to those forums, so maybe it would be good.

Not mine, relm9's isnt it?

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:51:46 PM

Oops, you are on my mind this morning Amdd.

Yes I meant Relm9. Cheesy
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:56:54 PM

Oops, you are on my mind this morning Amdd.

Yes I meant Relm9. Cheesy

lol no worries, at least Im on someones mind!   Cheesy

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:56:57 PM

We added a pre-order queue list in the OP to give those who are interested an idea of how long it will take when ordering a pre-order item. There are currently 9 out of 60 units ordered in this batch. Once the batch fills up, it will take 3-5 days for the Gridseeds to be shipped here from China.

Current Pre-Order Queue: 9 out of 60 units have been reserved and paid for.
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 06:04:09 AM

In stock units have been reduced to $174.99 hosted or shipped, and there are only 4 units left in stock. If hosted, they will be switched over to your pool ASAP depending on the time of your order, if your order is made in the evenings we will likely be able to switch it over immediately.

Firmware on all hosted units was updated tonight, hopefully this will reduce stales etc. and improve the miners performance. It will take a bit to see if there is any difference. All mining equipment has been relatively stable, so that is good.. most rigs made it more than a week without any problems so that is a good thing!

Log in for DIY hosting will be enabled this weekend. I apologize I haven't been able to do it sooner, but wanted to make sure the network and all computers/pis are secure before allowing it. Furthermore, I haven't wired up the fuses yet.. that will be a task for this weekend as well.

We are looking into securing a better price for the Gridseeds and will make an announcement about it soon with miners being available at new prices as early as next week. I apologize our prices have been changing so much from week to week. Gridseed are pricing their mining equipment according to the current network and profitability, so I expect the prices to keep being reduced in the future as profitability declines. This is nothing new, ASICMINER and ANTMINER have been doing something similar for a long time where they slowly decrease their prices over time according to network variables. I just thought I'd explain it for those of you that aren't familiar with the process. Smiley

One last thing.. we are upping the volume of our ATX cable making and will have a lot of in stock ATX cables. We are planning on having a sell to get rid of some of them, because we probably ordered way too many. I think you will like the quality of the cables.. see the pictures posted a few posts up. They have heat shrink'd barrel plugs and connectors, and the cables are sleeved for easier cable management and a nice clean look. I would upgrade all of our cables here at the farm here to these nicer ones if we had the time (some take a long time to make because of the heat shrink and cable sleeves). I really like the way they came out.. the pictures don't do them justice of how good they look!

Thanks as always,

Will
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: