Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:58:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SmartHashing.us -> Gridseed Accessories For Sale & Hosting News/Discussion  (Read 11612 times)
smarthashing (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 01:06:33 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 02:17:22 PM by smarthashing

Edit: old pricing, see OP

Improvements:
- Batch sizes for pre-order units are reduced to 20 units each, so less wait time is incurred by our group buy customers!
- In stock units will be hosted or shipped within 24 hours or less, or your money back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:05:06 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 01:52:01 AM by smarthashing

Batch 3 had been ordered and is on its way.  Grin

We will have new cheaper in stock units in 3 to 5 days, and our pre-order prices will remain the same as that's the best we can do on those for now.

Thanks all!

PS: We are offering a special deal to Batch 1 & 2 customers only. If you were a batch 1 & 2 customer, please contact us if you're looking at buying more Gridseeds and we will offer you the best deal possible. We apologize we have been slow on Batch 1 and 2 refunds, but the declining Bitcoin value has hit our Bitcoin-based business pretty hard the past few weeks. We are entirely Crypto based with no FIAT whatsoever other than what we need to order accessories with. We are also looking into other ways to make it up to you guys, so I hope you find this as satisfactory for now. Some ideas we're tossing around is burning in all retail units for 24 hours in the Easy mining mode pool, and extended free hosting for DIY customers. We want our customers and previous customers to get the best deals possible and make sure they are treated well. Thanks for understanding.
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 05:08:40 PM

In stock units are sold out, we will have new in stock units available in 3 to 5 days.

Pre-order items are still available.

Thanks
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 12:06:45 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 12:59:30 AM by smarthashing

Paypal (therefore credit and debit cards as well) has been added as a payment option in our store! We much prefer Bitcoin though due to the lower fees and speed of it. Please seriously consider buying Bitcoins and paying that way before using the Paypal payment option... thanks! The following terms apply for all Paypal payments and are clearly explained at check out:

- Our margins are very small, and using Paypal would actually make us operate at a loss, therefore a 10% fee is imposed for using Paypal to pay. To avoid this please use Bitcoin, as it is our preferred method of payment which has less fees!

- For any pre-order product, your order will suffer additional delays due to the time it takes to transfer the money from Paypal to our bank account and back into Bitcoin. We estimate this to take approximately 7 to 10 business days. Please consider buying Bitcoins and placing your order using Bitcoin, as there will be less of a delay. We recommend using localbitcoins.com to receive Bitcoins usually on the same day as purchasing them.

- Paypal cannot be used for hosted mining services due to risks of charge backs and the non reversible nature of Bitcoin payments. Therefore, Paypal is only accepted for orders that are to be delivered. We will refund the full amount minus Paypal fees immediately after you have ordered if you order hosted equipment.

- Furthermore, to protect ourselves from fraud we will only ship to verified Paypal addresses. Please make sure your shipping address is verified before making an order. We will refund the full amount minus Paypal fees if your address is not verified.

coldbreeze16

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:30:09 PM

Ordered one unit for lazy hosting in batch 3, I'll be observing and maybe invest more soon. Hopefully you'll be able to shift to fortnightly or weekly payout schedule.
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:12:26 PM

- Paypal cannot be used for hosted mining services due to risks of charge backs and the non reversible nature of Bitcoin payments. Therefore, Paypal is only accepted for orders that are to be delivered. We will refund the full amount minus Paypal fees immediately after you have ordered if you order hosted equipment.

Didn't you get this mixed up.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:41:53 AM

Didn't you get this mixed up.

No he has it right.  If an item is delivered and the customer disputes, then he can provide proof of shipping, ie a tracking number.  But if he has the unit and the person charges back, then he has no way of proving that he held up his end of the bargain and the customer gets their money back.  Essentially, they could have it hosted for I think 3 months, then do a charge back and get their full amount back, plus whatever they made from the hosted units and he is left with used units that are probably a lot cheaper since its months later, and no money from them.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 02:13:31 PM

Hi Gentleman,

A few things this morning:

- Batch 3 came in yesterday evening, everything should be running and shipped by this evening.
- I will see what I can do about making Easy mode hosting payments more frequently. For now it is what it is.
- DIY mode log in is still not available.. I apologize but there are a couple security issues holding this up and will get it done ASAP.
- Gridseed blade is now available for order
- 28 USB miners in stock

New Prices:
In stock Gridseed 5 Chip ASICs (hosted or not): $134.99
      In stock units will be hosted or shipped within 24 hours or less, or your money back.
Gridseed 5 Chip ASIC with No Accessories Pre-Order*: $104.99
Gridseed 5 Chip ASIC with Hosting Pre-Order*: $114.99
Gridseed Blade Pre-Order*: $1479.99
Gridseed Blade Hosted Pre-Order*: $1579.99

* All pre-order items are bought in traditional group buy-like batches of 20 units each. As soon as enough orders are received for 20 units, the Gridseeds will ship to us in 3 to 5 business days. The Gridseed Blade is bought in batches of 4 each. We plan on having your order shipped or hosted within 24 hours or less after they are received from our supplier. If you decide your order is taking too long you may ask for a refund at anytime, alternatively you will remain in the queue until an order can be placed.

Thanks
bitmutiny

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:23:31 AM

Hi. Do you have any orders in for blades waiting in the queue? This price is awesome.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:59:26 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 04:33:28 PM by CoinHoarder

Hi. Do you have any orders in for blades waiting in the queue? This price is awesome.

Hey,

No we do not. Honestly the last customer order was placed on April 9th... business is slow. The only thing I can promise quick shipping on is our in stock items. Pre-order items may take a while for the batch to fill up and ship.. it is what it is. We actually bought a lot of USBs for in stock equipment (what's in stock now), and then Gridseed dropped the price on us $30+ each a day after we ordered. Due to that, we are not going to be carrying much if any in stock equipment in the future, it is too risky for us...

Furthermore I am currently losing $1000 a month offering a hosting service... not even counting the month free hosting. Right after I renewed my lease on the commercial property, a certain company came out with free hosting for a year and killed my business model. I can't afford to lose anymore than that, I barely made all my bills last month I am not honestly sure I will be able to continue to provide the service in the future past this month. If I can't make my bills, then it is what it is. I don't feel like it's fair for me to pay $1000+ a month to run this business considering the time and effort it takes on my end. In this case, I will move all currently hosted equipment to another location and not offer hosting services anymore on future orders. So, don't worry about that it's something that I need to worry about though. Smiley

Tough times indeed, but I am trying to remain positive. I almost shut down the business completely a couple days ago.. I am honestly on the fence of this not being worth my time and/or not being able to afford to run the hosting service. I'm sure a lot of you think I'm making a lot of money or something like that.. but so far I have been lucky to break even (I have lost money through the first 3 weeks of operation.) I don't have any money for advertising or to offer cool promotions like some of my competitors. I think maybe it's time to just shut this thing down for good... but then again I don't like to give up so maybe not. I'm on the fence as I said.

That being said, if a batch fills up fast IE. you would like to purchase 4 blades or 20 USB miners (or more in those increments), then the wait will be significantly reduced and it will be on your door in 3 to 5 days. So far packages have been coming in about 3 or 4 days from China. Furthermore, I can ship directly to you this way so there is no extra wait time like most of the group buy "pre-order" items where I would need to wait for the batch to fill up then have them shipped them to me, then divy them up & ship to everyone that ordered.

Thanks
smarthashing (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 09:38:16 PM

Hello Gentleman,

We are sorry to say we are shutting down the sales and hosting service for Gridseed ASICs. Unfortunately we are not doing enough business to make this worthwhile. All equipment that is currently hosted will be moved to a new location sometime in the next week. This will unfortunately cause about one or two days worth of down time for all hosted equipment. To make up for this we are extending the free hosting offer for an extra month and furthermore reducing hosting fees to $3 per unit.

We still have some Gridseed accessories for sale in the store and will have sme in stock units until they sell out. Although they aren't in the store yet, we also have dual mining ATX power cables in stock if anyone's interested. Along with Scrypt only ATX power cables, and any other accessory you'd need to run Gridseeds.

Thanks to those of you that supported us by ordering. It is much appreciated, and we apologize we can't continue to provide this service. We will use this thread for hosting news and discussion, along with Gridseed/accessory sales & support. We will likely start back up with different mining equipment at a later date, but for now all ASIC group buys are suspended.

Thanks
coldbreeze16

Activity: 186

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:01:48 AM

What news about hosting? Would you elaborate? The email on your site doesn't work, when sending the mail pings back. You won't even reply to a PM here.
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:12:55 PM

Im checking the coinshift direction and noticing that the hashrate is very low +/- 14500Kh  with a big quantity of rejected , and looking at the charts , there has been some big down spikes. What is happening?
ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:46:19 PM

The hash rate is back up but there's been no update. I even emailed CoinHoarder. Anyone else hear from him?
I'd prefer it if we could get more frequent updates on units that we technically own.
Thanks for understanding.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:34:37 PM

Hi,

I apologize I have been absent this week. I am pretty much broke so everything is stressful right now. I have been really stressed out trying to figure out what to do about the warehouse, moving, paying bills, etc.. It is what it is please bear with me for now. If you are unhappy with the service please send me $10 per unit for shipping and I will ship them to you the next day via 2 to 3 day priority mail. Otherwise, I can only do the best that I can do with what I have to work with.

For those of you that are unaware, you can view the easy mode hosted units here: http://coinshift.com/account/1NoSqFgsexazNDncU1ArWnBA7fewrtaFnR/

From memory, there are about 70 USB miners hosted in that pool, so you can calculate what you are making buy dividing the income by 70 and multiplying it by how many units you have hosted.

It is true that there has been some down time and I apologize for that. We have been having technical issues with one of the rigs which contains about 25 units. Basically, it was freezing up after about 24 hours. I have placed a cron job to restart the mining process every 4 hours and so far that seems to have done the trick.. we have been running stable at full speed since early this week.

Furthermore, log in for DIY units has once again been postponed due to the fact I'm moving all hosted units into my home. I am hosting other Bitcoin mining ASIC equipment there that does not have the ability by default to be secured. Anyone that can access the network could go to their IP address and enter any pool information they want. This is obviously a big security concern for the equipment I'm already hosting. I am planning on fixing this by switching from the default firmware to a Linux based solution using bfgminer or cgminer, and securing them that way. I have so many things on my to do list, I cannot give a time that this will be available at the moment. Please bear with me- if you are having any issues with your hosted equipment or want to change pools, please call, PM, or Skype me for now.

Again, I apologize for the lack of communication this week.. I am usually around and available often I have just been going through some hard times and been very busy. PM my account (CoinHoarder) instead of the smart hashing account to expedite responses, as usually when I check the forums I am logged into my personal account.

Thanks for understanding,

Will
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:19:31 AM

Hello Will , I know these past weeks haven't been good , I understand you and I know the frustation of all this. I don't wanna be the nagging guy that bothers you all the time when the things are down but the hashrate has been really low for the past 8-10 hours, I have checked every 2h +/- , and it has fluctuated between 12-18, maybe the 4h reset thing is not working anymore. Please check it out.
tekke
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:57:33 AM

Hello, when will be paid the earning from the easy mining mode?
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:11:55 PM

What is going on with this?

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:43:55 PM

Over a week into May and we have yet to receive our payouts for April.
I'm just about ready to ask for my units to be shipped to me.
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:00:43 PM

Ugh my "self-managed" miners just went off line today at some point.  Not really self-managed since there was never put into place any VPN access as originally planned so I am in the dark on what is going on.  Has ANYONE heard from smarthashing in the last week?  Month?

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: