Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 07:19:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quark Future?  (Read 1961 times)
gondel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:29:14 AM

I know nobody can predict the future, but what are your expectations of the future of Quark? There was huge hope for it for year 2014 and now see what happened like other shitcoins it is dipping in the shits. Any suggestion ?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:24:46 AM

maybe check out the speculation sub forum ?

and me i don't think Quark is going to go anywhere good Sad

it is slandered all over and i helped make the myth... when people showed up way back October/Nov they were hyping it hard (often using Max Keiser as an excuse)
and i kept telling them all it was mined hard (before they showed up) so they took that a step further and made it sound over time like it was mined harder than other coins that came out which is not true.
i meant way back that it had been out for long enough combined with enough flash miners that a lot of coins exist, like any other under the same circumstances
but somehow that snowballed into people saying it was released unfairly.. which is pure bs ! Quark was released just as fair as any other coin.
ALL coins posted get flashed mined.. especially ones like Quark that use 4 new algo's or what ever.
And that brings me to my last point.. Quarks value is cloning the hell out of it and / or modding it.. sadly.
Coin cloners have liked exploiting it and will continue to do so.. cough cough Darkcoin etc etc

Lastly to whom it may concern, the coin "Fair Quark" is a premined copy cat rip off scam coin.
The guy that posted it should be kicked in the face.. scummy prick.

FUD first & ask questions later™
IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:30:50 AM

dying coin
Thusith

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:41:34 PM

dying coin

Disagree. Quark will be alive.

mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:14:09 PM

it is slandered all over and i helped make the myth... when people showed up way back October/Nov they were hyping it hard (often using Max Keiser as an excuse)
and i kept telling them all it was mined hard (before they showed up) so they took that a step further and made it sound over time like it was mined harder than other coins that came out which is not true.
i meant way back that it had been out for long enough combined with enough flash miners that a lot of coins exist, like any other under the same circumstances
but somehow that snowballed into people saying it was released unfairly.. which is pure bs ! Quark was released just as fair as any other coin.
ALL coins posted get flashed mined.. especially ones like Quark that use 4 new algo's or what ever.
And that brings me to my last point.. Quarks value is cloning the hell out of it and / or modding it.. sadly.
Coin cloners have liked exploiting it and will continue to do so.. cough cough Darkcoin etc etc

Lastly to whom it may concern, the coin "Fair Quark" is a premined copy cat rip off scam coin.

There is a lot of positive momentum building with Quark - we are actively trying to free ourselves of the undeserved stigma right now, and are publishing news articles on our developments regularly on our website in multiple languages - English, Russian, Chinese and Dutch (www.qrk.cc/press). We are also going to be publishing a FAQ on issues like the bogus "premine" and risk of 51% attack that are frequently used against us - in English and Chinese right now. Also, we have a thunderclap with a current social reach of 2.6 million people (!! https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9706-let-s-reinvent-money-together) that is going to launch soon, and we have major announcements upcoming. We are going to be fine - don't worry Smiley. The low valuation is a good buying opportunity. What people can do to help is to try and help us debunk these issues by respectfully correcting people when they post misinformation.

Vic
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:27:05 PM

i have tried to get the guy that started Quark to make a comment on page one of his ANN topic about premines
all that happened was i was argued with and told that it's not important etc
it is important because whether a coin is premined or not is info proudly displayed prominently
and often put right in the coins title and since there is such a large stigma as you put it i degfinatly think it
would be smart to add a statement about Quark and premines on the first page on the Quark ANN topic.

The list of coins topic here stickied pisses me off too they give little credit to Quark and the comment for Secure Coin
was "it's just a clone" what a croock of god damn shit !
I always liked Quark and Secure coin and what i liked about Secure coin was how it was modeled after Bitcoin.
As in it's fair release and block reward etc. It specifically addressed what i and clearly other felt was a problem with Quark.
And that is the coins rarity.. Secure coin's block reward was fixed etc
So fixing what i and numerous other consider to be a problem is far more than "just a clone"
It was the first and only clone for some time too.

I don't like coins usually that have have been IFC'ized ..their rewards are set to generate massive amounts of coins
which is going to ensure their value stay low ..supply and demand at work.. so i prefer SRC over QRK

and that stickied topic here is a complete load of crap and i was appalled such a bad poorly made list is stickied here spreading bs or even lies on some coins.

FUD first & ask questions later™
anonuser777

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:38:31 PM

Dying coin. The distribution phase was too fast to ensure a fair distribution. No one wants to buy off bag holders, especially with no merchant infrastructure in place.
mcphervi

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:40:37 PM

i have tried to get the guy that started Quark to make a comment on page one of his ANN topic about premines
all that happened was i was argued with and told that it's not important etc
it is important because whether a coin is premined or not is info proudly displayed prominently
and often put right in the coins title and since there is such a large stigma as you put it i degfinatly think it
would be smart to add a statement about Quark and premines on the first page on the Quark ANN topic.

The list of coins topic here stickied pisses me off too they give little credit to Quark and the comment for Secure Coin
was "it's just a clone" what a croock of god damn shit !
I always liked Quark and Secure coin and what i liked about Secure coin was how it was modeled after Bitcoin.
As in it's fair release and block reward etc. It specifically addressed what i and clearly other felt was a problem with Quark.
And that is the coins rarity.. Secure coin's block reward was fixed etc
So fixing what i and numerous other consider to be a problem is far more than "just a clone"
It was the first and only clone for some time too.

I don't like coins usually that have have been IFC'ized ..their rewards are set to generate massive amounts of coins
which is going to ensure their value stay low ..supply and demand at work.. so i prefer SRC over QRK

and that stickied topic here is a complete load of crap and i was appalled such a bad poorly made list is stickied here spreading bs or even lies on some coins.

Fair point on the OP for Quark - I will see what I can do to get a link to the upcoming FAQ into that post. As stated, there is going to be a FAQ placed on the official page. I haven't been around long enough to talk about securecoin, but if what you're saying is true, that's unfortunate. Regardless, if we can get everyone to slowly reverse the stigma on Quark respectfully, that would be a huge help Smiley. I will look at that topic you mention.

Vic
mcphervi

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:45:10 PM

Dying coin. The distribution phase was too fast to ensure a fair distribution. No one wants to buy off bag holders, especially with no merchant infrastructure in place.

Distribution was a full 6 months, and there are still 1 million new Quarks per year from now on. This ensures a constant supply of coins and allows a roughly definitive value to be placed on them, and ensures a low cost to upkeep a price point. We have a current payment provider (litepaid.com) and we are rapidly evolving right now. Look for major announcements upcoming.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:48:44 PM

Another person confusing distribution with mining.

Qrk is as widely distributed as many of the other top tier coins. Qrk was distributed via the market not just through mining.

You had months to mine on low dif and months to buy at a low price.

Blackcoin has 1/10th of the mining period and is doing great.

You see people moaning about the qrk distribution

1. they have no qrk

2. they have no understanding of 'fair' distribution.

QRK is still the most hotly debated coin on here.  It will be one of the ones left standing too. The majority of qrk is held by investors they don't trade the market is thin since not much is mined and not much is sold.

It is one of the top 5 alts.

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:46:35 PM

There is a lot of positive momentum building with Quark - we are actively trying to free ourselves of the undeserved stigma right now, and are publishing news articles on our developments regularly on our website in multiple languages - English, Russian, Chinese and Dutch (www.qrk.cc/press). We are also going to be publishing a FAQ on issues like the bogus "premine" and risk of 51% attack that are frequently used against us - in English and Chinese right now. Also, we have a thunderclap with a current social reach of 2.6 million people (!! https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9706-let-s-reinvent-money-together) that is going to launch soon, and we have major announcements upcoming. We are going to be fine - don't worry Smiley. The low valuation is a good buying opportunity. What people can do to help is to try and help us debunk these issues by respectfully correcting people when they post misinformation.

Vic

Well said and congrats on Quarks developments
mcphervi

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:59:47 PM

Vic

Well said and congrats on Quarks developments

Thanks Smiley. Its been the efforts of a lot very hard working people over the last while!
mcphervi

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:13:48 PM

Sorry for the multiple posts, but the aforementioned FAQ is now online in both English and Chinese here:

http://www.qrk.cc/quark-faq/

Vic
JimminyCricket

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:22:18 PM

My prediction for quark:

Once multi-coin wallets come out for the masses people will realize quark is the fastest coin in their wallet.

(Try using the blockchain app to spend your BTC. Then use the QRK android app to spend your QRK. You'll get my point then).

The market for quark is very shallow indeed (investors are holding onto their quark). Only small amounts are released by miners each day. Therefore if it is being used at all by the masses the price will lift very quickly (unlike coins which have high mining rewards into the next few decades).

For example, when ebay/paypal start their wallet with numerous coins I would anticipate Quark to dominate within a short space of time based on its speed to first confirmation (30 seconds).

The BTC fiasco recently was possible because of its time for first confirmation. Having a fast coin largely eliminates this opening.

Other strengths include a very active and committed community, a nice name and logo, and the fact that it is the first of the multihashing coins (just as LTC was the first of the scrypt coins). Quark is being included in almost all multi-coin initiatives - and this is all that is required to make a breakout once exposed to the masses.

The fundamentals are unbelievably strong for this coin.
pr9me

Activity: 369

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:28:57 PM

Wah wah wah! Wah wah wah. Wah wah wah wah wah! Wah wah wah, wah wah wah wah wah. Wah wah wah!
anonuser777

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:32:56 PM

Distribution was a full 6 months, and there are still 1 million new Quarks per year from now on. This ensures a constant supply of coins and allows a roughly definitive value to be placed on them, and ensures a low cost to upkeep a price point. We have a current payment provider (litepaid.com) and we are rapidly evolving right now. Look for major announcements upcoming.

lol, 1 million of how many?? In percentage terms it's very little. And compared to bitcoin, in which distribution is still ongoing to incentivize new adopters, the payment methods / merchant uptake is severely lacking.

Qrk is as widely distributed as many of the other top tier coins. Qrk was distributed via the market not just through mining.

1. they have no qrk

QRK is still the most hotly debated coin on here.  It will be one of the ones left standing too. The majority of qrk is held by investors they don't trade the market is thin since not much is mined and not much is sold.

Well, we'll see how blackcoin is doing in a few months wont we. Quark should be a lesson to alt coins that try to distribute too fast. One of my favorite coins, Premine, appears to be dying after perhaps rushing its initial distro too. I think the same will happen with blackcoin, "fair"coin, coin2 and others.
keats3

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:42:36 PM

I really like premine coin too. I bet if it had started off when bitcoin was climbing it would have done far better. Unfortunately everything else was crashing when it started and I think that gave it a really bad start from day one.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:56:15 PM

lol, 1 million of how many?? In percentage terms it's very little. And compared to bitcoin, in which distribution is still ongoing to incentivize new adopters, the payment methods / merchant uptake is severely lacking.

1. they have no qrk

Well, we'll see how blackcoin is doing in a few months wont we. Quark should be a lesson to alt coins that try to distribute too fast. One of my favorite coins, Premine, appears to be dying after perhaps rushing its initial distro too. I think the same will happen with blackcoin, "fair"coin, coin2 and others.

Well, what people fail to realise also is that this little micro community here right now is tiny.... it means nothing in the larger scale of mass adoption.

Do you really believe BTC is going to be mined by most of the people in the future that use it? same for any of the scrypt coins.

Distribution through mining means very little. Blackcoin could turn out to be a very successful coin. I believe qrk will too.  Community and foresight of those at the core of the community are key.

The distribution is not a big problem for qrk above and beyond other coins.

NXT was give to 72 people... i don't see that being mentioned and their community is perhaps number 1 in terms of drive and innovation right now.

Forget initial distribution of what are essentially shares. Worry more about where the community is going with things.  

You need to find 10 coins that have a better community and more drive before you think of investingn of 10 coins above qrk.  I scan daily for opportunities on here. Yes there are some others however i hold qrk up there with the best. It is not a large minting compared to many others actually and it's current price is no way over priced.

Qrk is only unpopular with those that didnt mine when it was easy or buy when it was cheap.... although right now i consider it to be cheap compared to the prices of other coins for the potential upside.

Doge, ltc, qkr, nxt , ppc. I am still light ppc but topping up as and when i can.

Gaining strenght now, black, drk, and a few others building a good community.

Nobody can predict the future but qkr's future is a HELL of a light brighter than 95% on here. I would not even consider having less than 10% quark in my portfolio.

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:11:10 PM

Sorry for the multiple posts, but the aforementioned FAQ is now online in both English and Chinese here:

Vic

Nice read and pretty handy, it was needed. A faq that debunks some doubts
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:14:01 PM

Vic

Nice read and pretty handy, it was needed. A faq that debunks some doubts

Yes it covers 51% attacks and incorrect premine accusations. I think more will be added.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: