Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:10:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BlackCoin statement from CryptoRush - Very shocking information  (Read 58892 times)
mintymark

Activity: 286
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:51:25 PM

Its clear to me, at least on reading this that fyrstikken and Linkandzelda believe that the developers of Blackcoin knew about this bug (in other words it was a feature) and used the feature to extract coins as soon as the update went live. Its a feature triggered only by a particular use case, that would likely be used by an exchange and no-one else. It would not certainly be used by an exchange but its likely no-one else would use it in this way. So this feature would only affect exchanges that used the client like this. Perhaps the DDOS was also orchestrated by the coin developers. Now I have no knowledge of what the actual situation  was but that at least is a seems a possibility.  Indeed once the client starts giving balances that are north of the true value by 21e6, you are going to be screwed whatever checks and balances you have.

You have no idea what you are talking about.  This is a known issue with POS coins, it exists in many, including novacoin which blackcoin forked from.  The getbalance "account" API has been buggy even in bitcoin until recently.  No exchange that has even a slight clue what they are doing would ever rely solely on the daemons account api.  Especially when they had the same problem with other coins before and never fixed it. For them to try to blame BC devs, is dishonest, and this whole thine screams SCAM BY CRYPTORUSH to me.  See the comment about them placing 100x market value sell orders to get people to send coins there, then "losing" all the coins. Really fishy.

Fair comment.

[[ All Tips gratefully received!!  ]]
15ta5d1N8mKkgC47SRWmnZABEFyP55RrqD
chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:52:13 PM

I really don't understand as to why anyone would want to trade on cryptorush anyways.  

The exchange is coded poorly let alone its interface is god dam ugly and clunky.  I'd have to say it's worse than crapsy.

Blackcoin should only be traded on Mintpal & Poloniex.  Atleast they have there shit together

editL Bittrex is also nice

i like bittrex and the others you mentioned, however I was the first exchange to carry blackcoin and I handled it well for my first days of operations, I haven't had a single issue on my exchange and I have an accounting/audit system that helps to avoid these things as well.   Please add me to the list of good exchanges Smiley

www.cryptoaltex.com  -  BlackCoin's first exchange home

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Quantum12

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:56:32 PM

I really don't understand as to why anyone would want to trade on cryptorush anyways.  

The exchange is coded poorly let alone its interface is god dam ugly and clunky.  I'd have to say it's worse than crapsy.

Blackcoin should only be traded on Mintpal & Poloniex.  Atleast they have there shit together

i like bittrex and the others you mentioned, however I was the first exchange to carry blackcoin and I handled it well for my first days of operations, I haven't had a single issue on my exchange and I have an accounting/audit system that helps to avoid these things as well.   Please add me to the list of good exchanges Smiley

+1 for this .. was the first and is still good Smiley

CartGeezer

Activity: 272

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:56:54 PM

My BTC withdrawl from Crypto Rush in wallet and confirming now.

CURE DEM DMD GPL HBN HYPER KED POT TEK  THC -   I'm such a PoS
MrE78

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:58:43 PM

+1 you know I like your exchange, don't care for the voting system you put in though.

Like CEX.IO but better SCRYPT.CC Scrypt based cloud hashing PM for script for auto reinvest
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:59:55 PM

I have never traded on your exchange, but after looking at it, I have to say it's coded well and looks great.

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:01:34 PM

I like how mintpal a lot. They have already proven themselves when they lost 40 BTC to a weird stupid bug and took the hit themselves. Offline less then 24 hours and have been in business ever since.

I'm sure they get attacked daily, and their system is holding up. I don't keep all my coins on mintpal, but its the exchange that is very professional. And they continue to improve and add features, while also dropping shitcoins.

Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:04:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUMKanG3Jik&feature=youtu.be&a

Interesting: Skip to 5 mins approx to hear Fyrstikken talking about Cryptorush and the method they use to keep their coins.
artiface

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:08:26 PM

+1 for cryptoaltex  -  I bought a lot of BC there in the first week, a very nice exchange.  I still use it, but wish there was more volume trading there.
eightspaces

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:09:24 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529925.0
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:09:37 PM

users will see refund since cryptorush has proven them selves to be honest more than once Before, lots of devils here

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
eightspaces

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:09:51 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 04:29:14 PM by eightspaces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUMKanG3Jik&feature=youtu.be&a

Interesting: Skip to 5 mins approx to hear Fyrstikken talking about Cryptorush and the method they use to keep their coins.

That guy is a complete psycho Grin
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:10:17 PM

CryptoRush: release a list of all users who withdrew more than they had deposited and bought. Usernames, emails, all ip addresses they have logged in from etc. You have that info logged right?
thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:13:47 PM

users will see refund since cryptorush has proven them selves to be honest more than once Before, lots of devils here

tell that to all Zeit users who never got one single coin back. Needless to say it'll be the same story for BC
mrwalker1750

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:21:15 PM

Is this sarcasm? Sometimes my sarcasm meter gets jammed on this site.
eightspaces

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:24:17 PM

LOL
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:25:33 PM

I hope that's a joke. Why not go and read some of the Zeitcoin threads and see how willing CR is to refund its users when they "lose" coins.

eightspaces

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:27:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNlddMP1tv4&list=UUd2wiQtoqDvG9BXHA-AY2YA

this guy fyrstikken is a crazy dork, check his videos
negamus

Activity: 245

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:30:18 PM

Any chance I get my BC back?  Huh

I never got my Zeit back, sooo I'm going with a negative ghostrider on this one.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:30:53 PM

Wow
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: