Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:43:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 40232 times)
maxfunky

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 08:59:03 AM

Hi !

My miner is always inactive and I can't change de pool config. (I did changed it in the Pools section of the menu but the config stay the same in the Dashboard)

Can you help me please  Huh
Filax

Activity: 35
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 10:57:55 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2021, 12:10:09 PM by Filax

Hi

I got a problem to make it work my Apollo BTC on raspberry PI 3 (it work on my PC)

- I extracted the archive : Apollo-Miner_aarch64.tar.gz
- The device : /dev/ttyACM0 is correct into the directory
- When i try to launch the script file the console it quit directly => I tryed manually to launch the script in a
console and i get (translated from french)

"./start_apollo.sh: line 63 ./apollo-miner : impossible to launch the binary file : Format error for exec()"

Question two  : It is compatible with linux minera ?

Just me or?
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 01:04:23 PM

Hi

I got a problem to make it work my Apollo BTC on raspberry PI 3 (it work on my PC)

- I extracted the archive : Apollo-Miner_aarch64.tar.gz
- The device : /dev/ttyACM0 is correct into the directory
- When i try to launch the script file the console it quit directly => I tryed manually to launch the script in a
console and i get (translated from french)

"./start_apollo.sh: line 63 ./apollo-miner : impossible to launch the binary file : Format error for exec()"

Question two  : It is compatible with linux minera ?

Just me or?

Are you running at 64 bit OS on your Pi? What does it say when you run "uname -a"? If it's not a 64 bit OS, the binaries won't work.
Filax

Activity: 35
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 01:15:10 PM

Hi thanks for the reply Smiley it say :

Linux raspberrypi 5.4.79-V7+ #1373 SMP "blablabla" armv7l GNU/LINUX

Raspberry Pi OS

I'll try to download and reflash with this OS : https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=275370

Regards
TheFlatline

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 03:37:31 PM

Hi !

My miner is always inactive and I can't change de pool config. (I did changed it in the Pools section of the menu but the config stay the same in the Dashboard)

https://i.postimg.cc/mrRntRdG/apollo.png

This looks like you are using the wrong worker name.  Have you set up an account on slushpool and named your worker the same?  In the image it says your worker is jstefanop, which is the creator of futurebit and is in the apollo_start.sh file by default.  Change that info to your slushpool info.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2109
Merit: 1397

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 06:41:40 PM

... and now for a little but of fun Smiley

I can actually answer if the apollo is coded to be able to find blocks or not now.
Someone decided to risk testing it (solo) on KanoPool and take that risk for apollo.

But since most around here seem to think I don't know what I'm talking about, and various people like making false accusations about me, I'll leave it up to the people who sold you the software to verify it, as it should have been done in the first place.

We have not released any solo mining capability, and when we do that will be obviously tested rigorously on our end via testnet and unit tests.

What you are talking about is testing YOUR pool code on whether it can successfully submit a block. You obviously already know we are submitting valid shares. Since your pool has not submitted a valid block in nearly a year maybe your code should be more in question than ours Wink

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 06:43:43 PM

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help get my standard unit hooked up to my Ubuntu machine working.

I keep getting a "packet ignored" message:

I tried with a different cable on Ubuntu machine, and now I can see the USB device. However, when I start the miner, I get the same symptom as the windows box:
Code:
6144]: cd ab 65 d1 21 00 9d 00 ... 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
MsPacket: version mismatch: act 0xd165 != exp 0xd166
WARNING: slave[0]: packet ignored
[6144]: cd ab 65 d1 21 00 9d 00 ... 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I also tried on Windows, where I see it show up as COM3, but just get this same warning and no hashing:

Code:

Send an email if you see above version mismatch error if your trying to run your standard unit with our pc/linux software.

This is caused by an older version of the firmware that was installed at the factory and should have been updated before shipment, but a few units slipped through with the older firmware. We have a simple one click firmware updater that will fix this.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 07:45:16 PM

Send an email if you see above version mismatch error if your trying to run your standard unit with our pc/linux software.

This is caused by an older version of the firmware that was installed at the factory and should have been updated before shipment, but a few units slipped through with the older firmware. We have a simple one click firmware updater that will fix this.

Thanks, the new firmware fixed it and i'm hashing away!
jbrow8

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 10:01:39 PM

Hello, I don't mean to be pestering...but any eta on when a copy of the image will be uploaded? As of now, I can't use my device at all...until I can re-flash it. I'd appreciate any update/help.

Thanks!

+1 same situation here, without an image to reflash my unit is sat unable to do anything. Any estimate ETA at all?
I finally got into the menu system that was asking for the password, I went through 2 monitors before finally finding the TV HDMI port worked. one problem solved, more to follow

They did mention some HDMI monitors may not work due to a simple HDMI controller on the SBC. That's why I just hooked it up via ethernet and went in via the web GUI but some others have not been able to do so that way
The miner usually shut down after one hour, its been running for over four hours now, I changed from the extender to the router and now it continues to mine
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 11:51:53 PM

I can actually answer if the apollo is coded to be able to find blocks or not now.
Someone decided to risk testing it (solo) on KanoPool and take that risk for apollo.

But since most around here seem to think I don't know what I'm talking about, and various people like making false accusations about me, I'll leave it up to the people who sold you the software to verify it, as it should have been done in the first place.

We have not released any solo mining capability, and when we do that will be obviously tested rigorously on our end via testnet and unit tests.

What you are talking about is testing YOUR pool code on whether it can successfully submit a block. You obviously already know we are submitting valid shares. Since your pool has not submitted a valid block in nearly a year maybe your code should be more in question than ours Wink
Funny, again, showing that you actually have no idea about how to properly test a miner.
Well, you have spent your time dealing with scamcoins, now you've come to sell a miner to real miners, you need to brush up a bit on reality.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
TheFlatline

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 02:06:43 AM

Funny, again, showing that you actually have no idea about how to properly test a miner.
Well, you have spent your time dealing with scamcoins, now you've come to sell a miner to real miners, you need to brush up a bit on reality.

Dude we get it and you’re awesome but can you have this discussion elsewhere?  Us suckers just want help with the miners we bought.  Thanks.
maxfunky

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 06:02:12 AM

Hi !

This looks like you are using the wrong worker name.  Have you set up an account on slushpool and named your worker the same?  In the image it says your worker is jstefanop, which is the creator of futurebit and is in the apollo_start.sh file by default.  Change that info to your slushpool info.

I did all that and it is mining on my own account, the problem is the interface won't update. I see it is working fine when I look at slushpool but the Dashboard of my apollo is frozen with bad info!

heslo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 943

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 06:53:26 AM

Hi !

This looks like you are using the wrong worker name.  Have you set up an account on slushpool and named your worker the same?  In the image it says your worker is jstefanop, which is the creator of futurebit and is in the apollo_start.sh file by default.  Change that info to your slushpool info.

I did all that and it is mining on my own account, the problem is the interface won't update. I see it is working fine when I look at slushpool but the Dashboard of my apollo is frozen with bad info!

Is this through the web GUI? If so it's a known issue
maxfunky

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 10:20:15 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2021, 10:34:05 AM by maxfunky

Hi !

The web UI and on screen! weird  Huh

The only way I can see my real config is the "Pools" page of the menu. and I can only see that the miner is active in my Slushpool account.
cryptonite!

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 12:53:53 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2021, 02:08:36 PM by cryptonite!

hello first thing my miner page says "There is a problem fetching system stats (Internal error)" I've got the whole blockchain sync and 31/32 connections for some reason I have no connections at my system info settings ? it did before now it shows 0 cpu and 0 memory used,also it says  please allow port 8333 how do I do that and the miners seem to be running in balanced mode even when it shows eco mode I have to keep a extra fan on them also I didnt know your supposed to leave them on eco mode when it s sync the blockchain seems to be stuck on balance mode

Chuck your IP in here https://canyouseeme.org/ and select port 8333. If it can see you, then the port is already forwarded. If not, you'll have to go into your router and forward the port yourself. Use google and search for your router and port forwarding settings to show you how if you don't know; it's very easy. But considering it's got 31/32 connections I'd say it's already forwarded.

As for the stats error, I don't get that but all my stats just say 0. It's a known issue and is being worked on
y miners are only doing about 1.4 Th/s changed settings doesnt seem to change anything also they show temp 48c , 82 w 8.0 volts thats not what the specs say I have the full pkg and nodes downloaded also cant tell if im mining into the pool (confused about worker name) on my slushpool dashboard it says o workers, on workers it says 0 out of 1 workers just not sure what to put in for worker name ?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 02:31:57 PM

Hi !

The web UI and on screen! weird  Huh

The only way I can see my real config is the "Pools" page of the menu. and I can only see that the miner is active in my Slushpool account.

Can you email support with this (hello at futurebit dot io). We are trying to get more logs to figure out how this bug is caused.

Jota_US

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 03:58:38 PM

After running the miner for a few weeks everything is pretty stable (I also have an LTC)

The only thing that is a bit problematic is the fact that the BTC miner randomly stops mining. (solid red light)
Not sure what is causing that, and I only have to restart the miner to get it going again but it's annoying when it happens in the middle of the night or when I am away for a few days. It would be nice to have an auto-restart or something like that.
The LTC miner used to do similar stuff when I upgraded it to run a node but since I stopped the node it doesn't do it anymore so I tried to stop the node on the BTC one but the same issue persists so it's not because of the node running...

Again not sure what is causing that, it's really just random.
Both miners are next to each other so they share the same connectivity and environment.

Edit: Also, it's too bad that the activity LED is not the same as the LTC miner (flashing red/yellow light when mining). When I see flashing red only I think there is a problem Smiley
Kindpker

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 04:06:19 PM

Is there Remote Access to the full Futurebit BTC package? i am seeing the same issue as everyone else. The unit goes offline randomly i have yet to get more than 2 days uptime! Also, will this only mine BTC?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 04:11:54 PM

Is there Remote Access to the full Futurebit BTC package? i am seeing the same issue as everyone else. The unit goes offline randomly i have yet to get more than 2 days uptime! Also, will this only mine BTC?

Will have a fix for this in the next update. This mines any SHA256 algorithm coin.

FYI posted release image for people requesting it

Apollo BTC Image Link: https://mega.nz/folder/ZlxnwYZb#ZN77cDAcXa6dN_2QKSdT_Q

Keep in mind this will wipe your SSD on first boot, so if you have synced your node, remove the SSD, boot it with the fresh image, shut it down, then re-install SSD.

jbrow8

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 09:33:22 PM

Double-check your USB node drive is plugged in the USB port in the back of your Apollo, properly formatted with the folder name "Bitcoin" in the root directory, and press the Start button below.

30 minutes later, several times, nothing but the same message, but it is mining finally for extended hours.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: